PDA

View Full Version : Shirts Out

oldracer
14th December 2013, 12:37 AM
Todays fashion sort of dictates a shirts out style whereas I see comp days it's all shirts in, what's the go??? If I went to your club would I be frowned apon with a shirt out????

Johnny Canuck
14th December 2013, 02:53 AM
A lot of member's clubs wouldn't let you on the course with your shirt out.

dc68
14th December 2013, 06:01 AM
What if its flouro and out?

BenM
14th December 2013, 06:51 AM
Gotta be tucked in where I play...

Dotty
14th December 2013, 06:56 AM
If I went to your club would I be frowned apon with a shirt out????
You'd get sold a shirt that conformed to the rules. (They do that frequently to guests wearing cargo shorts.)

Same as we frown on improving your lie, when a tree interferes with your swing. Or dropping another one, where your tee shot crossed the OOB line.

goughy
14th December 2013, 09:15 AM
My shirt tucked in lasts about half a hole.

oncewasagolfer
14th December 2013, 09:30 AM
Anything goes I wear thongs in the clubhouse:)

oldracer
14th December 2013, 09:39 AM
You'd get sold a shirt that conformed to the rules. (They do that frequently to guests wearing cargo shorts.)

Same as we frown on improving your lie, when a tree interferes with your swing. Or dropping another one, where your tee shot crossed the OOB line. What!!! can't do any of that stuff either, sheesh, guess I'll just have to stay social

oldracer
14th December 2013, 09:49 AM
but seriously, I haven't read even my own clubs dress code so it's generally tailored shorts/slacks, no cargo's and shirt tucked in? reason I have asked is because I want to do a bit of touring and play some nice courses along the way. Holidays again next year in FNQ so wanted to play Cairns and a few other nice ones.

mrbluu
14th December 2013, 09:52 AM
Anything goes I wear thongs in the clubhouse:)

I played a 36 hole Vardon event at concord last year in the pouring rain. I was soaked through after the first round, so I decided to have a shower. I took off my shoes in my car and put on my thongs and walked through the club house to the showers in thongs. I got alot of complementary looks from the old members ;-)

Johnny Canuck
14th December 2013, 10:05 AM
I played a 36 hole Carson event at concord last year in the pouring rain. I was soaked through after the first round, so I decided to have a shower. I took off my shoes in my car and put on my thongs and walked through the club house to the showers in thongs. I got alot of complementary looks from the old members ;-)

They were probably thinking "who let an Asian join the club". Your thongs weren't even noticed. ;).

Ashes
14th December 2013, 10:26 AM
Shirts out on a golf course look as village as shirts out on a cricket field.

Johnny Canuck
14th December 2013, 10:40 AM

As village? Autocorrect or an Australian expression I have never heard before.

I have heard Rubin described as camp but never village.

Ashes
14th December 2013, 10:41 AM
As village? Autocorrect or an Australian expression I have never heard before.

I have heard Rubin described as camp but never village.

Cricket parlance. Refers to village cricket played by a bunch of drunks from the local pub.

Johnny Canuck
14th December 2013, 10:42 AM
Cricket parlance. Refers to village cricket played by a bunch of drunks from the local pub.

Cool.

I liked it as being camper than camp. Extremely ghey.

Johnny Canuck
14th December 2013, 10:43 AM
With his run rate, could you describe Yoss' cricket as village?

Dotty
14th December 2013, 10:47 AM
I interpreted 'village' to be an abbreviation of Madboarder's occupation.

oldracer
14th December 2013, 11:07 AM
or in baseball terms, "bush" as in bush league

markTHEblake
14th December 2013, 11:14 AM
Some people look retarded with shirts out, others it suits. Then there are those whose shirts don't reach their dacks.

I have never seen a golf club yet that has a shirt tucked in rule, but I imagine that some may take it as implied.

3Puttpete
14th December 2013, 11:17 AM
I interpreted 'village' to be an abbreviation of Madboarder's occupation.

:)

Hatchman
14th December 2013, 11:26 AM
I'm like Goughy, a hole or two and it's out (shirt that is, :D)

Ashes
14th December 2013, 11:27 AM
With his run rate, could you describe Yoss' cricket as village?

A former president at Yoss' club once took significant offence at it being called a Mickey Mouse comp.

I played for said club as a 16 year old so it's definitely not village :D

marcel
14th December 2013, 11:44 AM
I have never seen a golf club yet that has a shirt tucked in rule, but I imagine that some may take it as implied.

From my Club's website - "Males are required to wear collared shirts (tucked in), long trousers or tailored shorts with short club logo socks or long socks pulled up, and golf shoes without metal spikes."

3Puttpete
14th December 2013, 11:57 AM
From my Club's website - "Males are required to wear collared shirts (tucked in), long trousers or tailored shorts with short club logo socks or long socks pulled up, and golf shoes without metal spikes."

Short club logo socks? So short Adidas or Nike socks and you're not allowed to play?

Shortylook
14th December 2013, 12:29 PM
yours was hanging out when we played Kwinnana,you heathen

mrbluu
14th December 2013, 12:34 PM
They were probably thinking "who let an Asian join the club". Your thongs weren't even noticed. ;).

I was just a visitor....:p

markTHEblake
14th December 2013, 12:46 PM
Short club logo socks? So short Adidas or Nike socks and you're not allowed to play?Yep, some snob clubs do this.

Ashes
14th December 2013, 12:50 PM
yours was hanging out when we played Kwinnana,you heathen

Looks tucked in to me.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/14/5u6asy5a.jpg

3Puttpete
14th December 2013, 01:40 PM
Yep, some snob clubs do this.

At $20 a pair no doubt. Sounds more like a wanky money making exercise than anything else

Ron Burgundy
14th December 2013, 02:33 PM
From my Club's website - "Males are required to wear collared shirts (tucked in), long trousers or tailored shorts with short club logo socks or long socks pulled up, and golf shoes without metal spikes." It's those kind of wanky arbitrary rules that put people off playing golf. As long as people follow the rules of golf and play at a decent pace, who cares what they wear.

Shortylook
14th December 2013, 02:37 PM
Looks tucked in to me.

now that was a bloody low blow. well no crays for you for xmas

Shortylook
14th December 2013, 02:38 PM
now that was a bloody low blow. well no crays for you for xmas
JC the smug prick, look how happy he is to hand that thing over

3Puttpete
14th December 2013, 02:39 PM
It's those kind of wanky arbitrary rules that put people off playing golf. As long as people follow the rules of golf and play at a decent pace, who cares what they wear.

This

Courty
14th December 2013, 02:40 PM
but seriously, I haven't read even my own clubs dress code so it's generally tailored shorts/slacks, no cargo's and shirt tucked in? reason I have asked is because I want to do a bit of touring and play some nice courses along the way. Holidays again next year in FNQ so wanted to play Cairns and a few other nice ones.

Happy to host you for a round at Cairns GC, as long as you keep your shirt tucked in. ;)

sms316
14th December 2013, 02:43 PM
Anything goes I wear thongs in the clubhouse:) I wore a thong on the course today. Great support.

Lagerlover
14th December 2013, 02:53 PM
Looks tucked in to me.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/14/5u6asy5a.jpg Why is the guy from anonymous in the background?

Shortylook
14th December 2013, 02:56 PM
Why is the guy from anonymous in the background?
ha ha

Ashes
14th December 2013, 02:56 PM
Why is the guy from anonymous in the background?

Don't know, but damn he's a good looking guy.

Captain Nemo
14th December 2013, 03:03 PM
Plenty of Asians at Concord....

Charger
14th December 2013, 03:06 PM
I can deal with any dress code except long socks. That just screams idiocy.

markTHEblake
14th December 2013, 05:08 PM
It's those kind of wanky arbitrary rules that put people off playing golf. As long as people follow the rules of golf and play at a decent pace, who cares what they wear.How could it put people off golf, such clubs are very few and far between, are typically members only and the fact that they can remain in existence with such a rule in place suggests that it is not an inhibiting factor at all.As a member of one such club with a similar rule like white socks only said " it keeps the riff raff out"

Johnny Canuck
14th December 2013, 05:17 PM
Looks tucked in to me.

Boom!

AndyP
14th December 2013, 05:23 PM
It's those kind of wanky arbitrary rules that put people off playing golf. As long as people follow the rules of golf and play at a decent pace, who cares what they wear.
What a wanky statement. Following the rules of golf is for toffs at private courses.

Shortylook
14th December 2013, 06:43 PM
Boom!
cant see that ever being on me again surely

Ron Burgundy
14th December 2013, 06:51 PM
How could it put people off golf, such clubs are very few and far between, are typically members only and the fact that they can remain in existence with such a rule in place suggests that it is not an inhibiting factor at all.As a member of one such club with a similar rule like white socks only said " it keeps the riff raff out" If the Toff Toffingtons at private members only clubs want arcane dress codes to go with their restrictive membership rules, that's fine. But if clubs want the public's money they're idiots if they demand particular types of shorts, socks, shoes etc. If I turned up to a club that demanded I tuck my shirt in and purchase some club logo socks I tell them to f*** off and they'd lose my booking.

markTHEblake
14th December 2013, 07:16 PM
But if clubs want the public's money they're idiots if they demand particular types of shorts, socks, shoes etc They are not idiots if they can afford to implement a qstandard that seems over the top to you. *All* clubs, not just golf clubs have a dress regulation and will vary according to the market they need or want.If you don't accept their dress standard and so won't want to play there, then that is exactly what they wanted.

Johnny Canuck
14th December 2013, 07:28 PM
cant see that ever being on me again surely

We should get this embroidered on the shirt.

Ron Burgundy
14th December 2013, 07:56 PM
They are not idiots if they can afford to implement a qstandard that seems over the top to you. *All* clubs, not just golf clubs have a dress regulation and will vary according to the market they need or want.If you don't accept their dress standard and so won't want to play there, then that is exactly what they wanted. That's a fair point. It's a free market. If a club is so flush with money that it can decide to decline green fees based on the number of pockets on a players shorts or the logo on their socks, good luck to them. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me though.

Ron Burgundy
14th December 2013, 07:58 PM
Having said all of that, it's all relative. I'd play Augusta in a tuxedo if needed. Vic Park is lucky I bother wearing pants at all.

bergsey
14th December 2013, 08:12 PM
Pretty much all sports have some sort of dress standard / uniform requirements. Why not golf? I think dressing nicely is in the spirit of the game - if u wanna wear sandals in the clubhouse I personally wouldn't care less but on my course I would want u to have your shirt tucked in. Here are our clubs dress standards -

On the Course and Club Surrounds including Practise Facilities and Sprig Bar
All shirts must be either collared or turtle neck golf shirts and worn tucked into trousers. Tailored shorts with a belt are permitted but are to be worn with predominately white socks which are visible above the shoe line.

Trousers and shorts must be tailored type with a fly.

Socks are to be worn with long trousers but may be coloured.

Regulation golf shoes (soft spikes only) must be worn on the course. Sandals, jogging shoes and tennis type shoes are not regarded as golf attire.

Shortylook
14th December 2013, 09:47 PM
We should get this embroidered on the shirt.

What
SHORTYLOOK
I won't wear it that much I hope

mrbluu
14th December 2013, 09:57 PM
Regulation golf shoes (soft spikes only) must be worn on the course. Sandals, jogging shoes and tennis type shoes are not regarded as golf attire.

Sounds like Virge would struggle to get a game there as I have only ever seen him play in joggers....

KristianJ
14th December 2013, 10:01 PM
Sounds like Virge would struggle to get a game there as I have only ever seen him play in joggers.... He's got Eccos or some other brand of street style shoes.

3Puttpete
14th December 2013, 10:14 PM

Wankers.

What are 'regulation' golf shoes? Are spikeless shoes ok?

bergsey
15th December 2013, 01:41 AM
Wankers.What are 'regulation' golf shoes? Are spikeless shoes ok? I would think if they are sold as golf shoes you would be ok. Same as 'mock' polos, used to be banned but recently ok especially after tiger started wearing them a lot.

TheNuclearOne
15th December 2013, 03:02 AM
Shirt out is fine where i am. Funny thing is when i started about 22 odd years ago my cheap sand green home course enforced long socks or you no play. Hats worn inside the clubhouse where akin to murdering 2 or 3 complete families. I do remember long socks only at another much larger club here too way back when. Collared shirt was always enforced everywhere of course.

Croydo
15th December 2013, 07:48 AM
here are the dress regulations at my home course. http://www.monashcc.com.au/upload/wysiwyg/golf_dressrules-etiquette/Monash Country Club - Dress Regulations Brochure.pdf

Collis
15th December 2013, 08:00 AM
If it's tucked in the first hole, and when you walk into the club house your usually pretty right.

oldracer
15th December 2013, 11:17 AM
here are the dress regulations at my home course. http://www.monashcc.com.au/upload/wysiwyg/golf_dressrules-etiquette/Monash Country Club - Dress Regulations Brochure.pdf that's as funny as F&*K, shorts too long or too short

LarryLong
15th December 2013, 11:49 AM
Anything goes at my home track. Denim jeans, shirts out, cargo pockets. Nobody bats an eyelid. I kinda like it, even though I don't do any of that stuff.

Croydo
15th December 2013, 11:58 AM
that's as funny as F&*K, shorts too long or too short Nothing worse than old blokes wearing short shorts on a golf course. The dress regulations have been relaxed a little bit up their in recent years, a family friend had to buy new shorts to be able to play because he had metal studs on his shorts about 10 years ago.

Daves
15th December 2013, 12:03 PM
Ours are pretty relaxed, shirts can be out, but must at least have sleeves. We could do without the washed out/worn out old string cord Ruggers some of the old farts wear though!.

http://www.redlandbaygolf.com.au/cms/golf/etiquette-dress-code/

markTHEblake
15th December 2013, 12:04 PM
Anything goes at my home track. Denim jeans, shirts out, cargo pockets. Nobody bats an eyelid. I kinda like it, even though I don't do any of that stuff.Same here, we get all the bogans playing that can't play anywhere else.Some people eat at black tie restaurants, some eat at McDonalds.

Mububban
16th December 2013, 11:25 AM
If it's tucked in the first hole, and when you walk into the club house your usually pretty right.

Do course marshalls ever pull people up midway through a round for shirts out? Otherwise it's easy enough to have it tucked in when you pay at the pro shop and tee off on the first, let it out after the second tee, then tuck it back in for 17 and 18.

oldracer
16th December 2013, 12:15 PM
Do course marshalls ever pull people up midway through a round for shirts out? Otherwise it's easy enough to have it tucked in when you pay at the pro shop and tee off on the first, let it out after the second tee, then tuck it back in for 17 and 18. I'd be interested to hear if that happens as well

Dotty
16th December 2013, 12:23 PM
Why doesn't your wife just buy you a longer shirt?

Welkin
16th December 2013, 01:16 PM
The three clubs closest to me do the full spectrum. The one I play most at is collared shirt, no denim and you're pretty much fine, no issue with untucked. The next one I tend to tuck it in, you'd have to get someone on a bad day to be pulled up for it but you'd get some dirty looks and it just feels like the thing to do. The last one I don't play at often but I'd expect to be reminded of the dress code while still in the pro shop.

oldracer
16th December 2013, 01:17 PM
haha or even highriders not hipsters!!!!

WeekendHacker
17th December 2013, 12:20 PM
Nothing worse than old blokes wearing short shorts on a golf course. The dress regulations have been relaxed a little bit up their in recent years, a family friend had to buy new shorts to be able to play because he had metal studs on his shorts about 10 years ago.

So this chick would be out????

IanO
17th December 2013, 03:06 PM
We received a notice in November to say that the dress regulations have changed and that shirts no longer have to be tucked in. Please note that we have a "sophisticated atmosphere"! It says so in the dress regulations.

At Kooringal Golf Club, in keeping with our relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere, members and guests are required to maintain neat and tidy attire at all times when utilising the clubhouse, golf course and facilities.ON COURSEMen; Tailored long pants Tailored shorts (No Cargo Shorts Allowed)
Collared shirt/ Mock style golf shirt Anklet sport or full length socks (white) Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes)
Ladies; Tailored pants Tailored shorts
Skirts Collared shirt or crew neck Anklet sport or full length socks (white) Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes)

Mububban
18th December 2013, 02:25 PM
So this chick would be out????

Donning those must require some serious effort and dedication...

Icestorm959
18th December 2013, 03:49 PM
Donning those must require some serious effort and dedication...

Or she's never taken them off!

gregorywannabe
18th December 2013, 05:19 PM
If the Toff Toffingtons at private members only clubs want arcane dress codes to go with their restrictive membership rules, that's fine. But if clubs want the public's money they're idiots if they demand particular types of shorts, socks, shoes etc. If I turned up to a club that demanded I tuck my shirt in and purchase some club logo socks I tell them to f*** off and they'd lose my booking.

And they'd probably be quite happy that they did. :)

gregorywannabe
18th December 2013, 05:23 PM
Do course marshalls ever pull people up midway through a round for shirts out? Otherwise it's easy enough to have it tucked in when you pay at the pro shop and tee off on the first, let it out after the second tee, then tuck it back in for 17 and 18.

If it was a private club I'd think no marshalls would be needed. Any members playing would soon get into them, including calling the proshop if they refuse to conform.