PDA

View Full Version : Special: Christmas Road Trip - Looking for a game

Outcast
9th December 2013, 03:22 PM
Hi All,

Family is doing a Christmas road trip down to Adelaide & then back up the East coast to Cairns. Dates & locations as follows, looking to pick up a game in each location if possible:

23 - 27 Dec in Adelaide (will be in North East Suburbs but, willing to travel a shortish distance)

29 Dec - 31 Dec in Melbourne (will be in Hawthorn but, willing to travel a shortish distance)

04 - 08 Jan in Lemon Tree Passage (just Nth of Newcastle, willing to travel a shortish distance)

09 - 13 Jan in Port Macquarie

14 - 17 Jan in Brisbane (staying at Kangaroo Pt & definitely going to the cricket on 17 Jan)

Then transit to Cairns but, not sure of our itinerary or time for playing golf as yet..

Please let me know if there is a chance of a game on any of those dates, cheers in advance

OC

mrbluu
9th December 2013, 04:29 PM
Hi All,

Family is doing a Christmas road trip down to Adelaide & then back up the East coast to Cairns. Dates & locations as follows, looking to pick up a game in each location if possible:

23 - 27 Dec in Adelaide (will be in North East Suburbs but, willing to travel)

29 Dec - 31 Dec in Melbourne (will be in Hawthorn but, willing to travel)

04 - 07 Jan in Lemon Tree Passage (just Nth of Newcastle, willing to travel)

09 - 12 Jan in Port Macquarie

13 - 17 Jan in Brisbane (probably staying in CBD & going to the cricket on 17 Jan)

Then transit to Cairns but, not sure of our itinerary or time for playing golf as yet..

Please let me know if there is a chance of a game on any of those dates, cheers in advance

OC

You giving Sydney a miss??

Outcast
9th December 2013, 06:33 PM
You giving Sydney a miss??

Yes mate; spent plenty of time in Sydney over the years so, not overly keen on dealing with Sydney traffic. Bypassing & going to Lemon Tree Passage via Cowra.

backintheswing
9th December 2013, 06:40 PM
If you break your Brisbane - Cairns trip in Mackay, then look me up for a hit. Comps are on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Or if you want a quick nine in the am or pm, that's fine too as my cart is at the course.

Outcast
9th December 2013, 08:23 PM
If you break your Brisbane - Cairns trip in Mackay, then look me up for a hit. Comps are on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Or if you want a quick nine in the am or pm, that's fine too as my cart is at the course.

Cheers Bits...

I have planted this idea in the head of my darling wife :D

What else would there be for my family to do in Mackay? The missus doesn't play & whilst the lad does, he doesn't have an AGU handicap & won't have his clubs with him.

Cheers

marcel
9th December 2013, 08:35 PM
My roster is being waved over with liquid paper atm. Seems likely I'll have Dec 27 off and would be able to take you to RA.
Roster will be finalised by this weekend and can let you know if you're interested.

Outcast
9th December 2013, 09:02 PM
My roster is being waved over with liquid paper atm. Seems likely I'll have Dec 27 off and would be able to take you to RA.
Roster will be finalised by this weekend and can let you know if you're interested.

Marcel,

That, would be friggin awesome... very, very grateful for the offer.. Please let me know how your roster pans out

Regards

OC

sms316
9th December 2013, 09:17 PM
That's one hell of a road trip.

Outcast
9th December 2013, 09:28 PM
That's one hell of a road trip.

Yep...

It started out with it's time we went to Adelaide to visit my parents & turned into let's visit other family & friends whilst we are about it.... Rather than rush about or fly everywhere (at the cost of airline tickets + hire car these days)... f...it we'll just drive & take our time

Should be good, both of us drive & my son is on his L's so, an opportunity for him to clock up some hours... this way I get to take the clubs, my telescope & maybe some fishing gear too :D

solarman
10th December 2013, 10:00 AM
Are we there yet?

live4golf
10th December 2013, 10:09 AM
OC,

Want a hit at Kooindah on the Saturday...or even the Sunday (4,5)? Only 40 mins from Lemon Tree, will bring spare drivers :)

Marto65
10th December 2013, 10:10 AM
Might be up on the Sunshine Coast 13-17th mate if you want a hit ... will probably look at Noosa Springs or Perigian Springs.

backintheswing
10th December 2013, 10:20 AM
Cheers Bits...

I have planted this idea in the head of my darling wife :D

What else would there be for my family to do in Mackay? The missus doesn't play & whilst the lad does, he doesn't have an AGU handicap & won't have his clubs with him.

Cheers

If you only are stopping for a day or so, they could go to the blue water lagoon, botanic gardens, Eungella national park. If they can ice-skate, the Mackay Entertainment centre has ice skating sessions for the whole of January. My kids and wife went last year.

Not to mention shopping at canelands or lunch at the marina. Plenty to do really.

Outcast
10th December 2013, 11:54 AM
OC,

Want a hit at Kooindah on the Saturday...or even the Sunday (4,5)? Only 40 mins from Lemon Tree, will bring spare drivers :)

That sounds good PJ, probably Sunday 5th would be better as it might be a bit rude to arrive on the Friday & p...off to golf on the Saturday :) I note Google Maps thinks it's about 1.5 hrs drive.. might have to discuss with the other half & see if she wants to head down that part of the world for the day as well. Oh, & you are an evil, evil man...

I'll text you closer to the date to arrange details, Cheers

Might be up on the Sunshine Coast 13-17th mate if you want a hit ... will probably look at Noosa Springs or Perigian Springs.

Marto, I'll discuss this option with the other half of the family; she might appreciate a day up around the Sunny coast, not sure. I'll get back to you on this one

If you only are stopping for a day or so, they could go to the blue water lagoon, botanic gardens, Eungella national park. If they can ice-skate, the Mackay Entertainment centre has ice skating sessions for the whole of January. My kids and wife went last year.

Not to mention shopping at canelands or lunch at the marina. Plenty to do really.

Thanks Bits..

I'll discuss with other half of family, might be a nice way to break up the drive North

Cheers

solarman
10th December 2013, 11:58 AM
You can normally catch a comp round at Cairns most Saturday's

Outcast
10th December 2013, 12:22 PM
You can normally catch a comp round at Cairns most Saturday's

Thanks Bobsticle... I really appreciate your input:mrgreen:

Haystacks
10th December 2013, 12:57 PM
OC,

...in a helicopter!

Carlton, if you're sick of driving and don't want to head south again, I can get you in at Muree (Raymond Terrace) on the Saturday, or any number of other local ones on the Sunday.
PJ, you're welcome too.

mrbluu
10th December 2013, 01:01 PM
...in a helicopter!Carlton, if you're sick of driving and don't want to head south again, I can get you in at Muree (Raymond Terrace) on the Saturday, or any number of other local ones on the Sunday.PJ, you're welcome too.What sort of nick is it in mate???

Haystacks
10th December 2013, 01:06 PM
What sort of nick is it in mate???

Fairways have come back okay...greens look like crap at the moment, but they still roll okay.
Overall, not too bad.

nadg63
10th December 2013, 03:59 PM
Whilst in Adelaide 'Chilled' might be able to get you a game at Kooyonga!?

PM him at:

http://www.ozgolf.net/member.php/4434-Chilled

(http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID006280)Just say Neil pointed you in his direction! :-)

Could also look at getting you a round at The Vines, Reynella, where I play!? (as long as my shoulder is not still screwed!)

Outcast
10th December 2013, 04:21 PM
...in a helicopter!

Carlton, if you're sick of driving and don't want to head south again, I can get you in at Muree (Raymond Terrace) on the Saturday, or any number of other local ones on the Sunday.
PJ, you're welcome too.

Cheers Mate, agree this might be a better option than driving all the way down to Kooindah; I had considered seeing how many might be interested in Pacific Dunes at Medowie. I've played there a couple of times, nice course from memory... would you, L4G or anyone else be interested in that perhaps?

Cheers

OC

Whilst in Adelaide 'Chilled' might be able to get you a game at Kooyonga!?

PM him at:

http://www.ozgolf.net/member.php/4434-Chilled

(http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID006280)Just say Neil pointed you in his direction! :-)

Could also look at getting you a round at The Vines, Reynella, where I play!? (as long as my shoulder is not still screwed!)

Thanks Nadg, I'll probably only look at getting the one round in; wouldn't want my parents to think I only came to play golf :D Might see what happens with Marcel's offer & keep you guys in the back pocket if that falls through. Very, very grateful for the offers though...

Cheers OC

Haystacks
10th December 2013, 09:10 PM
Cheers Mate, agree this might be a better option than driving all the way down to Kooindah; I had considered seeing how many might be interested in Pacific Dunes at Medowie. I've played there a couple of times, nice course from memory... would you, L4G or anyone else be interested in that perhaps?

Cheers

OC

Yeah mate, I live in Medowie so Pacific Dunes is always an option. There is never a problem getting a hit in the comp there on either Saturdays or Sundays.

We can do both if you want (Muree & Pac Dunes)...if I could put up with a pusser for two rounds ;)

Outcast
10th December 2013, 09:51 PM
Yeah mate, I live in Medowie so Pacific Dunes is always an option. There is never a problem getting a hit in the comp there on either Saturdays or Sundays.

We can do both if you want (Muree & Pac Dunes)...if I could put up with a pusser for two rounds ;)

Ex Pusser now mate,

I suspect I'll only be let off the leash for one round whilst I'm in town; I've asked L4G if he's keen, probably the Sunday. I don't mind either course, haven't played Muree so, no idea how it compares to Pacific Dunes.

L4G just replied that he might be keen...

Haystacks
10th December 2013, 10:19 PM
Ex Pusser now mate,

I suspect I'll only be let off the leash for one round whilst I'm in town; I've asked L4G if he's keen, probably the Sunday. I don't mind either course, haven't played Muree so, no idea how it compares to Pacific Dunes.

L4G just replied that he might be keen...

No probs...no need to worry about it just yet anyway. There will be no issues at either course to get a time slot.

Muree is where I am a member...nothing spectacular, just your average suburban parkland course. Not a bad layout, but nothing like Pacific Dunes as far as condition goes. Probably about 1/3 the cost of PD for the day.

Outcast
11th December 2013, 08:58 PM
Slight change of dates for the Port Macquarie & Brisbane stays..

marcel
13th December 2013, 06:54 PM
pm sent

Outcast
13th December 2013, 07:15 PM
pm sent

Cheers Marcel,

received & responded

Thankyou

nadg63
27th December 2013, 02:36 PM
Outcast and Marcel at Royal Adelaide GC:-

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l137/nadg63/Golfing/20131227_075504_zps54f5e311.jpg

(http://s95.photobucket.com/user/nadg63/media/Golfing/20131227_075504_zps54f5e311.jpg.html)http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l137/nadg63/Golfing/20131227_075538_zps4bc64c51.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/nadg63/media/Golfing/20131227_075538_zps4bc64c51.jpg.html)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l137/nadg63/Golfing/20131227_082549_zps31d88976.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/nadg63/media/Golfing/20131227_082549_zps31d88976.jpg.html)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l137/nadg63/Golfing/20131227_094548_zps2bc72874.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/nadg63/media/Golfing/20131227_094548_zps2bc72874.jpg.html)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l137/nadg63/Golfing/20131227_094602_zps0184e3b5.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/nadg63/media/Golfing/20131227_094602_zps0184e3b5.jpg.html)

Outcast
27th December 2013, 05:24 PM
Thanks Marcel for hosting me at Royal Adelaide, beautiful course in great condition & good company to boot.

Nadg, very sociable of you to come down & walk the course with us.

Great to meet you both, enjoyed the day immensely.

Lagerlover
27th December 2013, 05:29 PM
Not a bad start to the trip mate.

Outcast
27th December 2013, 07:09 PM
Yes mate, very lucky & privileged.

Hopefully get a few more games in along the way. Heading to Victoria tomorrow

nadg63
27th December 2013, 07:12 PM
Thanks Marcel for hosting me at Royal Adelaide, beautiful course in great condition & good company to boot.

Nadg, very sociable of you to come down & walk the course with us.

Great to meet you both, enjoyed the day immensely.

You're welcome, enjoyed the 'walk' and glad to have met you.

Enjoy the rest of your trip :)

marcel
27th December 2013, 07:33 PM
Good to meet you Outcast, hope you can hook up a game in Melbourne.

This www.boylesgolfshed.com.au is the place near DFO Essendon I mentioned

nadg, get better soon and we'll have a hit

Hatchman
31st December 2013, 09:19 AM
Outcast and Marcel at Royal Adelaide GC:-

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l137/nadg63/Golfing/20131227_094602_zps0184e3b5.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/nadg63/media/Golfing/20131227_094602_zps0184e3b5.jpg.html)

Gee they've let RA go a bit. Fairways looking very dry and has big tufts of weeds in it :razz:

nadg63
31st December 2013, 06:26 PM
Gee they've let RA go a bit. Fairways looking very dry and has big tufts of weeds in it :razz:

Ha ha lol :lol:

Haystacks
2nd January 2014, 08:50 PM
What's the latest Outcast? Saturday or Sunday preference? L4G are you still keen?

Outcast
2nd January 2014, 10:11 PM
What's the latest Outcast? Saturday or Sunday preference? L4G are you still keen? Hey Bud, was about to send you a text. I think Sunday is best, don't mind where we play, I'll leave that to you to choose as the local if that's okay.PJ, if you coming to play please bring the Lajosi, we might discuss terms :)I'll send you both a text shortly

Outcast
2nd January 2014, 10:21 PM
Gee they've let RA go a bit. Fairways looking very dry and has big tufts of weeds in it :razz: I recall hitting a couple of fairways, clearly this ain't one of them :) the company was excellent, my golf ability, not so

Outcast
5th January 2014, 02:04 PM
Thanks for hosting me at Muree Haystacks, enjoyed the round & the company immensely. Course was pretty good noting the maintenance issues you mentioned. Nice challenging layout without being overly penal on misses.

Great round by you bud & thankfully I saved mine a bit on the back 9 :)

Great to catchup, with a bit of luck we might get another hit We'd arvo.

Haystacks
5th January 2014, 03:00 PM
Thanks for hosting me at Muree Haystacks, enjoyed the round & the company immensely. Course was pretty good noting the maintenance issues you mentioned. Nice challenging layout without being overly penal on misses.

Thanks for the game Outcast. Couple of pics for you.

Outcast
5th January 2014, 03:32 PM
Jeez, all the photos suggest I never hit a fairway. I'm sure I hit the odd one:)

Thanks mate, enjoyed the round

nadg63
5th January 2014, 03:47 PM
Jeez, all the photos suggest I never hit a fairway. I'm sure I hit the odd one:)

Thanks mate, enjoyed the round

They reckon the camera never lies ..................................... ;)

Outcast
7th January 2014, 01:59 PM
They reckon the camera never lies ..................................... ;)

Sadly that may be true!

Arriving in Port Macquarie on Thurs, not sure there are any Ozgolfers there though.

Brisvegas on 13 Jan, hopeful of having a hit whilst I'm in town

nadg63
7th January 2014, 06:03 PM
Enjoy the rest of your trip :-)

Steve57
7th January 2014, 06:37 PM
Sadly that may be true!

Arriving in Port Macquarie on Thurs, not sure there are any Ozgolfers there though.

Brisvegas on 13 Jan, hopeful of having a hit whilst I'm in townMissed you by a week in Port!
Was there last week.
Port Macquarie have a Thursday comp. but it would be wise to book before you get there.
Saturday comp is also very full so you will be lucky to get in.
I couldnt last week so I played Kew which is about 30klm south.
Was formally known as Camden Haven and is a great little track.
Well worth the half hour drive from Port!

Outcast
7th January 2014, 09:52 PM
Missed you by a week in Port!
Was there last week.
Port Macquarie have a Thursday comp. but it would be wise to book before you get there.
Saturday comp is also very full so you will be lucky to get in.
I couldnt last week so I played Kew which is about 30klm south.
Was formally known as Camden Haven and is a great little track.
Well worth the half hour drive from Port!

Cheers Steve,

I used to be a member at Kew (Camden Haven) about 20 yrs ago. Lived in Sydney, wife's mum & step dad live in Port (well, Bonny Hills actually). FIL ran the pro shop there for a number of years.

Great little country track, might have to reacquaint myself

Outcast
8th January 2014, 07:33 AM
Enjoy the rest of your trip :-)

Cheers Nadg

Haystacks
8th January 2014, 08:41 AM

Sorry Carlton, I'm no chance for golf today :-(

Outcast
8th January 2014, 02:42 PM
Sorry Carlton, I'm no chance for golf today :-(

Sadly mate, neither am I

Outcast
11th January 2014, 03:56 PM
Arriving in Brissie on Monday afternoon (13 Jan). Available Tue, Wed or Thurs if anyone's keen for a hit

3Puttpete
11th January 2014, 05:14 PM
Monday's my back to work day :(