PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Trip/Game

McMw
23rd January 2006, 04:46 PM
Looks like I will be in Sydney for a conference on the 6th (all day) and 7th (morning) of March...will try to take the afternoon off.. :wink:

Jean will prob make the trip to Sydney as well...

Where's a decent place to play close to the city???
Looking for prob Friday PM t off...

Not sure if we'll be in Sydney on Saturday, but I doubt we could get a decent t-off time on a Saturday morning anyway...

amanda
23rd January 2006, 05:25 PM
NSWGC is great - but pricey - $145.

Otherwise, I'd suggest either The Coast or St Micks.

The only place you'd get a Sat morning time would be Macarthur Grange, Camden Lakeside or maybe Riverside Oaks (all pretty far from the city)

McMw
23rd January 2006, 05:27 PM
cheers amanda...

if it's too much of a hassle to get a game friday pm, we might just catch the afternoon flight back to Perth then...

How far is Royal Sydney from the city?? Might finally make use of my RPGC reciprocal...

Fishman Dan
23rd January 2006, 06:17 PM
If you got it, flaunt it.

Chase it up with RSGC, because if you can get on you're laughing. It's 20 mins (in traffic) from the centre of the CBD.

How much is membership at your club in Brunei? :lol:

marcel
23rd January 2006, 07:02 PM
What Dan said, play Royal, close to town, and at your price certainly worth it.

Fishman Dan
24th January 2006, 12:04 AM
Mau - it's tough to get on there even when you know someone who knows someone who knows someone.......... Just don't tell them you're name is Mau Goldenstein or similar :?

amanda
24th January 2006, 07:59 AM
Actually - try get in touch with Golfgirl since she works there.

Golfgirl
24th January 2006, 12:04 PM
PM sent re: RSGC.

McMw
24th January 2006, 08:52 PM
Got your PM - thanks...
Will reply later - just got back to office/computer... :)

pt73
27th January 2006, 01:50 PM
I played RSGC yesterday and they've started the program readying the course for the 2006 Aussie Open, growing the rough is one of the first focus areas, so it's worth playing as the greens are in top shape (they weren't the usual RSGC speed but the surfaces are excellent), fairways and tees are the usual high standard, the bunkers will just eat you up.

PT

Speirsy11
2nd February 2006, 03:29 PM
RSGC is certainly worth the trip, like Dan said, only 20 mins (tops) from the CBD........

McMw
3rd February 2006, 02:36 PM
flight schedule means I arrive in Sydney Thursday @ 620am - conference starts at 8ish...
Finishes Friday noon time, then we're going on a boat cruise on the river in the arvo - so there goes that time slot, flight back to Perth Sat mid morning... :(

cheers for all the feedback tho...

Trung
3rd February 2006, 02:44 PM
I have done that same flight before.. Leave Perth around midnight.. Its really a wank of a flight.

Trung
3rd February 2006, 02:50 PM
Looks like I will be in Sydney for a conference on the 6th (all day) and 7th (morning) of March...will try to take the afternoon off..

6th & 7th are Monday and Tuesday..

flight schedule means I arrive in Sydney Thursday @ 620am - conference starts at 8ish...
Finishes Friday noon time, then we're going on a boat cruise on the river in the arvo - so there goes that time slot, flight back to Perth Sat mid morning... :(

now Thursday and Friday

change of dates?

McMw
3rd February 2006, 05:16 PM
Trung - March...not next week...

flying from Brunei to Sydney, Sydney to Perth, Perth to Brunei...

Trung
3rd February 2006, 05:20 PM
March 6th & 7th are also Monday and Tuesday.. :smt002

McMw
3rd February 2006, 06:59 PM
wadya know....was prob looking at the april calendar!!! :lol:

AndyP
3rd February 2006, 09:42 PM
March 6th & 7th are also Monday and Tuesday.. :smt002

Yep, exactly 4 weeks in Feb, so it's the same for both months.