PDA

View Full Version : Pure Performance Golf Lab Sydney

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 11:36 AM
Gents, got the OK from Andy to post this so dont go on and crap all over the thread, please.
Paul Jenner is moving on from his Purified Golf setup and opening his new venture in Sydney:
www.pureperformancegolflabs.com.au (http://www.pureperformancegolflabs.com.au)
Bit of a collaboration with a few other guys and looks like its going to be a great setup.
Paul was a major donater of prizes to the Innaugural NSW Champs Weekend so we should all support him....
He really knows his stuff.
Ive booked into see him first thing when he opens in January.
If you get in now he's doing 50% off for pre-booking for all previous Purified Golf Customers....
Email addy:
paul@ppgl.com.au

virge666
3rd December 2013, 12:24 PM
I am also booked.

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 12:27 PM
Nice what day?
What are you getting looked at???

Icestorm959
3rd December 2013, 01:09 PM
So is that $75 for a driver fitting if we book in now then? (web price is $149)

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 01:10 PM
So is that $75 for a driver fitting if we book in now then? (web price is $149)
Yep, get in touch with him via email...

Icestorm959
3rd December 2013, 01:24 PM

Thanks.

What are your thoughts on getting fitted for a driver shaft, and then just upgrading heads from there onwards, or is it the case that different heads will have different optimal shafts? I desperately need to get fit for a shaft (current one is an off the rack stock regular flex TM which does not suit me at all) but may not be in the market for a new driver for awhile.

3oneday
3rd December 2013, 01:26 PM
I would imagine they would focus on loft and maybe face angle as well.

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 01:31 PM
From what he has told me they will be unbiased brand wise.
He is aiming to have all brands and their heads then have every shaft he can get with all the different adaptors.
His goal will be to find the best head/shaft/loft etc driver (and irons) for your game.
I dont think there is another place in AUS like this will be....

If anyone has been to the Callaway fitting centre, think this but with all OEM Companys products....
He also said he will have exotic non oem shafts that he will be making up with different brand adaptors to try.
Yes it will be indoors but with Trackman so he's hoping the data will be pretty accurate.
Nothing beats trying it on the course/range in diff conditions though but this will at least give a very accurate starting point.

Dangals
3rd December 2013, 01:40 PM
yeah I was talking with Matty about this when we played recently and it sounds very interesting - after reading through the website I am certainly thinking about doing a fitting with him as well....

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 01:44 PM
Get on board guys.
Have a look at what he offered as prizes for the NSW w/end.
He was more than generous, and is a great guy to talk equipment with.

AusOdy
3rd December 2013, 01:51 PM
my hc is 32 so will that be benefit to do fitting or wait till i have a consistent swing?

Icestorm959
3rd December 2013, 01:58 PM
my hc is 32 so will that be benefit to do fitting or wait till i have a consistent swing?

At least with irons I found when I had a 30+ handicap that the mizuno fitting helped me greatly - I was using a wrong shaft as well as wrong heads (Ben Hogan Apex blades on Apex 4 shafts is not a good combo for beginners lol) probably shaved a good 5 strokes off my game just by going to a slightly lighter and less stiff shaft.

matty
3rd December 2013, 02:34 PM
Just booked my driver fitting in on 24th January. To say I can't wait to see what I end up with is an understatement.
Looking at a full bag fitting for the future too. Pretty happy with what I've got though.

mrbluu
3rd December 2013, 02:37 PM
Just booked my driver fitting in on 24th January. To say I can't wait to see what I end up with is an understatement.
Looking at a full bag fitting for the future too. Pretty happy with what I've got though.

I was thinking of the fitting just to see how close my set will be to m my specs....

matty
3rd December 2013, 02:39 PM
From what he has told me they will be unbiased brand wise.

I like this part the most. I wouldn't care if I they told me I needed a 13* driver with a ladies shaft as long as they prove it works!

matty
3rd December 2013, 02:40 PM
I was thinking of the fitting just to see how close my set will be to m my specs....
My thoughts too.
Allows one to sleep at night knowing it's how it should be.

Dangals
3rd December 2013, 02:43 PM
My thoughts too.
Allows one to sleep at night knowing it's how it should be.

+1 - this is why I am thinking about doing the full bag and not just driver

Waddzy
3rd December 2013, 02:45 PM
Man I wish I lived in Sydney.. Might have to make a trip down for golf/ fitting weekend. I wish someone up here would be unbiased.. My pro shop pushes titleist like its going out of fashion and my local driving range is Callaway only..

mrbluu
3rd December 2013, 02:46 PM
Man I wish I lived in Sydney.. Might have to make a trip down for golf/ fitting weekend. I wish someone up here would be unbiased.. My pro shop pushes titleist like its going out of fashion and my local driving range is Callaway only..

Tie it in with an ozgolf day. Come down on Sat and get fitted then play on Sunday ;-)

KristianJ
3rd December 2013, 02:51 PM
Ditto to full set...at half price it'd be silly to pass up the opportunity.

AusOdy
3rd December 2013, 02:52 PM

should i contact Paul via email: admin@ppgl.com.au then saying from OzGolf??

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 02:52 PM

Come down, stay at my place.
Im 10 mins from both the airport and his joint!

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 02:54 PM

Deosnt matter re ozgolf as he's doing 50% off for pre-opening booking.....

AusOdy
3rd December 2013, 03:02 PM
^^ thanks, sent the email and will go for full bag

Vice MC
3rd December 2013, 03:08 PM
Is he only located in SYD atm

Icestorm959
3rd December 2013, 03:09 PM

Haha that's exactly what I did.

Bugger it - I'll probably sign up for the full set fitting as well.

matty
3rd December 2013, 03:10 PM
Is he only located in SYD atm

At the moment Vice. You know Sydney is the place to be.

Vice MC
3rd December 2013, 03:11 PM
Just found on the website, also in florida & mexico...guess its time for trip to the big smoke

Icestorm959
3rd December 2013, 03:23 PM
Just got a reply from James Osborn,

Apparently only customers of the old Purified Golf Pty Ltd get 50%, new customers get 20%.

Hmmm......

AusOdy
3rd December 2013, 03:31 PM

Apparently only customers of the old Purified Golf Pty Ltd get 50%, new customers get 20%.

Hmmm......

:?.... emailed James to clarify as well but nothing back atm....

Dangals
3rd December 2013, 03:31 PM

Hmmm......

well that complicates matters

Icestorm959
3rd December 2013, 03:35 PM

Dotty
3rd December 2013, 03:38 PM
I like this part the most. I wouldn't care if I they told me I needed a 13* driver with a ladies shaft as long as they prove it works!
Dibs.

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 03:50 PM
Look, Im sure if you contact Paul, he will try look after Ozgolfers....

AusOdy
3rd December 2013, 03:57 PM
Look, Im sure if you contact Paul, he will try look after Ozgolfers....

but there is no designated email address to Paul direct, only a general email (admin@ppgl.com.au) which mine get replied from James.
can you help please?

Icestorm959
3rd December 2013, 04:04 PM
but there is no designated email address to Paul direct, only a general email (admin@ppgl.com.au) which mine get replied from James.
can you help please?

Yep, would be good to either get Paul's email, or if someone who can get in contact with Paul can help arrange an ozgolf 50% off discount code?

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 04:05 PM
Ok, just got off the phone to Paul (he rang me....) as he's had quite a few emails/calls!
The 50% off pre-booking was for all "original Purified Golf customers".
However, he is willing to offer this to a certain no of guys from Ozgolf, but for a short time only.
If you mention you know me (Lawrence from Ozgolf) he will look after you.
His email addy is:
paul@ppgl.com.au

Dangals
3rd December 2013, 04:08 PM
done

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 04:10 PM
Hey, and 20% off is nothing to be sneezed at either....

Dangals
3rd December 2013, 04:10 PM
no it isn't but 50% is a lot better :D - plus I am going to take my dad who is looking to replace his whole bag so he may end up ordering gear through him as well...

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 04:13 PM
Well thats the key.
If your serious and you do a full kit assessment im sure they will look after you.
The stuff he told me over the phone about the setup will blow your mind.
Full putting studio as well with motion cameras etc.....
Hes also the Edel Wedge disty so will have all there gear.

Dangals
3rd December 2013, 04:15 PM
mate the info on the website had me drooling as it is.... you don't need to do anymore to ruin my keyboard :roll:

Icestorm959
3rd December 2013, 04:20 PM
Ok, just got off the phone to Paul (he rang me....) as he's had quite a few emails/calls!
However, he is willing to offer this to a certain no of guys from Ozgolf, but for a short time only.
His email addy is:
paul@ppgl.com.au

Thanks alot Titty, Really appreciate it!

I've emailed Paul to organise a full set fitting!

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 04:21 PM
Seriously what he told me, even for his own fitting when he went to the US recently for training was ridiculous....
I cant wait either, just want to find 1 driver and commit to it.

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks alot Titty, Really appreciate it!

I've emailed him to organise a full fitting.

Your welcome, hopefully he looks after you....

mrbluu
3rd December 2013, 04:25 PM
His email addy is:
paul@ppgl.com.au

i just popped him an email....

AusOdy
3rd December 2013, 04:34 PM
Paul will have heaps email to reply.....
Thanks your help Lawrence!!

Peppas
3rd December 2013, 04:34 PM
I also sent him an email...

rqrox
3rd December 2013, 05:18 PM

I might come down with you Matty, What time as I'll flick an email off to him.

KristianJ
3rd December 2013, 05:26 PM
Booked in for full fitting on 22 Jan at 9:30am...

I'll have to find somewhere close for an arvo hit, but will think about that later on.

FoxGolf
3rd December 2013, 05:42 PM
Seriously what he told me, even for his own fitting when he went to the US recently for training was ridiculous....
I cant wait either, just want to find 1 driver and commit to it.

Think of all the buisinesses that will go broke, and all the guys on here that won't be able to move gear, if you guys find the right club and commit to it. :lol:

Icestorm959
3rd December 2013, 06:01 PM
Booked in 1 Feb!
Paul's already a legend in my book for his flexible salesmanship.

mrbluu
3rd December 2013, 06:02 PM
Y do you boys have to bring up the c word and ruin everything!!!

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 07:10 PM
Booked in for full fitting on 22 Jan at 9:30am...

I'll have to find somewhere close for an arvo hit, but will think about that later on.

KJ I'm 10 mins from his setup, and I have cold beer and a putting green!
:)

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 07:11 PM
Think of all the buisinesses that will go broke, and all the guys on here that won't be able to move gear, if you guys find the right club and commit to it. :lol:

Yeh but think of the massive firesale I'll have!!!!

Dangals
3rd December 2013, 07:16 PM
all booked in for my fitting early feb! super excited but bummed about it being so long away...

benno_r
3rd December 2013, 07:31 PM

You do old mate - cool clubs at Sanctuary Cove. Mate of mine got a driver fitting there and he now hits massive bombs. Be wary of the price of the gear though, he paid full retails for his anser and speeder. Just get the specs and hit Fergo / eBay hard.

KristianJ
3rd December 2013, 07:58 PM
KJ I'm 10 mins from his setup, and I have cold beer and a putting green!:) I know...:) Pondering a hit at Eastlakes, plus staying away from Power Golf afterwards at the moment though.

Dotty
3rd December 2013, 08:02 PM
Bad date, KJ.

You'll need to get re-measured, when the slope system comes in on the 23rd.

GuyIncognito
3rd December 2013, 08:23 PM
despite being annoyed he no longer comes up to New Brighton just thought I'd add to the list of very positive feedback for Paul's services - have had him do quite a few adjustments etc for me and his work has been excellent.

8081travis
3rd December 2013, 09:15 PM
Sent him an email, just down the road from me, about time I properly got measured! Hopefully he is still taking bookings

Thanks again Lawrence for getting this up and running

Icestorm959
3rd December 2013, 09:16 PM
Yeah totally awesome offering, can't wait (does this mean I shouldn't buy anything else until February though???)

SirTop
3rd December 2013, 09:19 PM
KJ I'm 10 mins from his setup, and I have cold beer and a putting green!
:)

Hey mate, this is Paul from New Brighton club right, ie he had his own business on the side of the club there?

Am sure it is, he had a workshop there and man he knows his stuff. He did some work for me on a previous set and shortened my woods, explaining why this was important and the benefits

He's a lovely bloke and is a true professional

Power Golf aren't going to be happy...

What's the 50% discount off, the time and fitting only I take it?

Shame I just got fitted for my new irons at the Ping HQ recently :)

Steve
3rd December 2013, 09:22 PM
Yes it is Paul from NB,

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 09:28 PM
Toppy it's Paul he was a trainee at Kogarah (before your time)!
Powergolf will have nothing on this setup....

SirTop
3rd December 2013, 09:36 PM
Awesome ok thanks, can't wait and not far from my house now which is great.

Couple this with the new golf in the city place near my work and I'm as happy as a pig in mud

wazandnic
3rd December 2013, 09:47 PM
... just want to find 1 driver and commit to it.

This pitch nearly got me to sign up straight away! Can't wait to follow along and see if this sticks... 8)

And I know I'm not one to talk. ;) But more money for putters then hey

Power Golf aren't going to be happy...

I don't know, I reckon PG could a bit of overflow from him. I believe Paul worked at PG at one point. Prob still knows all the guys there I'd imagine (not sure good or bad??)

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2013, 09:49 PM
Yeh Waz he did work there for a while, just in sales.
I think there workshop is pretty basic.

SirTop
3rd December 2013, 09:52 PM
A lot of normal golfers, ie not forum level golfers lol, would probably prefer a big name golf store anyway, plus their store there is massive and a lot of gear, so both will serve different purposes I guess

matty
4th December 2013, 08:27 AM
I might come down with you Matty, What time as I'll flick an email off to him.

I'll be staying in the city to go to work a couple of hours later. My fitting is at 3pm.

Might check Titty's green and beer out after the fitting though ;)

Waggle
15th December 2013, 07:26 PM
Looking to get a new set early next year so I have just booked in for a full fitting early feb. I can not wait. I've heard nothing but good things about Paul and his services and this sounds like it is going to be quite a successful venture.

serrz
15th December 2013, 08:42 PM
what are you guys mostly booked into? Driver fitting?

Captain Nemo
15th December 2013, 08:50 PM
Just driver for me.
I'm taking my 3 heads (R1 black, RBZ Stage 2, 6 shafts 2 Ping Anser 4 shafts) and hitting them all for him.
If he can't find me the right/best combo, he will build me one.
Then I'll have one hell of a firesale!!!!

Peppas
15th December 2013, 09:11 PM
Argh I still have to book in... just waiting to confirm my days off work next Feb/March.

8081travis
16th December 2013, 09:21 AM
I booked in whole bag for 200 you can't beat that

Peppas
16th December 2013, 10:03 AM
I booked, just waiting for a confirmation email now...?

8081travis
8th January 2014, 07:43 PM
Anyone been for their fitting yet?

8081travis
8th January 2014, 07:44 PM
Ignore that just remembered he is only opening on the 20th

Captain Nemo
8th January 2014, 08:01 PM
23rd for me.

8081travis
8th January 2014, 08:17 PM
Got mine on the 24th can't wait

mrbluu
8th January 2014, 08:37 PM
28th for me....

Peppas
8th January 2014, 08:51 PM
I'm booked in on the 27th!

KristianJ
8th January 2014, 08:59 PM
22nd...

Anyone in the 2 days before or will I be the OZgolf guinea pig?

Captain Nemo
8th January 2014, 09:02 PM
Looks like your it!
Anyone wat to swing by my place for a beer and a putt, flick me a pm, I'm 10 mins away from him.

davepuppies
8th January 2014, 09:03 PM
I think Matty is on then20th

mrbluu
8th January 2014, 09:04 PM
Looks like your it!Anyone wat to swing by my place for a beer and a putt, flick me a pm, I'm 10 mins away from him. I'll come over....

KristianJ
8th January 2014, 09:19 PM
Looks like your it!Anyone wat to swing by my place for a beer and a putt, flick me a pm, I'm 10 mins away from him. I think I'll drop in instead of having an arvo hit...either way I'll probably have to deal with an M5 car park to get home.

Icestorm959
9th January 2014, 08:33 AM
Im in Feb! Plenty of guinea pigs before me then!

matty
9th January 2014, 08:38 AM
I think Matty is on then20th

No, 24th for me.

Dangals
9th January 2014, 08:52 AM
yeah I am not till the 8th Feb and the wait is killing me... really looking forward to it

TS
9th January 2014, 10:37 AM
30th for me.

KristianJ
18th January 2014, 02:03 PM
Changed my booking to a non-medal Sat morning in March...a mate of mine down in the Shire has invited me down for a hit and Wed is the only day next week where he's free.

Binh, I should still be good for that social 9 at 4pm.

Icestorm959
20th January 2014, 10:31 PM
Changed my booking to a non-medal Sat morning in March...a mate of mine down in the Shire has invited me down for a hit and Wed is the only day next week where he's free.

Binh, I should still be good for that social 9 at 4pm.

You just didn't want to be the first guinea pig :wink:

Captain Nemo
22nd January 2014, 08:31 AM
Looks like I'm it!
As a side note, our assistant pro asked if I knew of Paul, I told him yeh as he was a trainee at the club years ago.
He's heard through the industry that this is some sort of setup, will shit on the Cally one just up the road.....
Hope it's as good as everyone talking it up to be!

Dangals
22nd January 2014, 10:13 AM
Looks like I'm it!
As a side note, our assistant pro asked if I knew of Paul, I told him yeh as he was a trainee at the club years ago.
He's heard through the industry that this is some sort of setup, will shit on the Cally one just up the road.....
Hope it's as good as everyone talking it up to be!

good luck with the fitting tomorrow L - I am chomping at the bit to have mine in a couple of weeks!

wazandnic
23rd January 2014, 02:44 PM
How'd the fitting go T?

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 02:49 PM
Went very well, was a real eye opener.
I met all the crew, Beaver Menzies was in there as well.
I have pic's of everything, just need to get them off my phone.
Very worthwhile.
They are still setting up etc, but have a good range of shafts, mostly high end stuff.
Massive range of iron shafts as well...
Latest Trackman gear....

Dangals
23rd January 2014, 02:55 PM
You just did the driver fitting didn't you L?

What was their recommendation in the end?

AusOdy
23rd January 2014, 02:55 PM
great to hear L, thats why now u r having phase 2 & 3.... post some pics please

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 03:13 PM
You just did the driver fitting didn't you L?

What was their recommendation in the end?

Yep, just driver, i was there for 2 hrs.
Hit my 2 (Anser & R1) with all my shafts and got data.
Then tried diff combos etc....

Peppas
23rd January 2014, 03:15 PM

So it went well then? Now that you're selling them both in phase 2 and 3? :)

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 03:16 PM
Im selling everything....

Steve57
23rd January 2014, 03:17 PM

And buying?

Peppas
23rd January 2014, 03:19 PM

And then...??

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 03:23 PM
And buying?

Nothing, taking up Lawn Bowls....

Peppas

Crap maybe I should cancel my fitting if this is the effect it has???

Steve57
Pull the other one, it plays jingle bells!

wazandnic
23rd January 2014, 03:31 PM

Hey mate I have been contemplating this for a little while now... Let me know where you join up. Club Fees are surely cheaper plus the money saved not buying any gear... and also the beer at each end... there are so many advantages! ;)

Dotty
23rd January 2014, 03:36 PM
Hey mate I have been contemplating this for a little while now... Let me know where you join up. Club Fees are surely cheaper plus the money saved not buying any gear... and also the beer at each end... there are so many advantages! ;)
And you can get hip replacement info from every second member. ;)

Take Jado too, and see if you can get a 2-for-1 deal.

matty
23rd January 2014, 03:39 PM

C'mon mate, you've got to do better than that.
What surprised you re the equipment you tried. Anything that had a big impact on readings that you didn't expect.
I've got mine tomorrow at 3pm. Gee me up a bit titty. Might pop around for a quick brewski afterwards if you're home.

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 03:39 PM

Sounds good to me, would your hip stand up to the rigours?

wazandnic
23rd January 2014, 03:40 PM
And you can get hip replacement info from every second member. ;)

Exactly! 8)

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 03:43 PM
C'mon mate, you've got to do better than that.
What surprised you re the equipment you tried. Anything that had a big impact on readings that you didn't expect.
I've got mine tomorrow at 3pm. Gee me up a bit titty. Might pop around for a quick brewski afterwards if you're home.

Id love to get the pics up as they show the full effect but somethings wrong with my MAC....
Once we settled on a shaft and others in the same type of spec we tried in different heads.
He has some that have just been released.
Jetspeed was a major disappointment but some surprised me, like the new Adams and Exotics heads.....

matty
23rd January 2014, 03:46 PM
I hear that a lot about Macs.

AusOdy
23rd January 2014, 03:47 PM
.....Jetspeed was a major disappointment but some surprised me, like the new Adams and Exotics heads.....

now i hate myself more for changing appointment to 3 weeks after.......

wazandnic
23rd January 2014, 03:54 PM
... but some surprised me, like the new Adams and Exotics heads.....

So will you be joining Ernie??

Sounds good to me, would your hip stand up to the rigours?

yeah I can get one of those claw things so I don't actually have to bend over! ;)

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 04:00 PM
So will you be joining Ernie?? ;)
Maybe, maybe not....

wazandnic
23rd January 2014, 04:01 PM
Just working out the last few details of the contract are you?? 8)

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 04:02 PM
Something like that....
;)

Steve57
23rd January 2014, 04:06 PM
Callaway Big Bertha?

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 04:08 PM
Callaway Big Bertha?

No.

Icestorm959
23rd January 2014, 04:22 PM
Super mysterious!

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 04:26 PM
Yet to be released.... ;)

Dangals
23rd January 2014, 04:30 PM
hmmm...i25 perhaps?

wazandnic
23rd January 2014, 04:38 PM
hmmm...i25 perhaps?

aha...this could be a good bet... Titty is a Ping man... despite what his name suggests! ;)

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 05:03 PM
hmmm...i25 perhaps?
No.

JADO75
23rd January 2014, 05:14 PM
Covert 2.0?

mrbluu
23rd January 2014, 05:17 PM
Covert 2.0?

SLDR

JADO75
23rd January 2014, 05:18 PM
SLDR has been released you boofhead

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 05:22 PM
Covert 2.0?
No.

SLDR
No.

JADO75
23rd January 2014, 05:28 PM
Bio cell +?
Exotics xcg7?

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 05:28 PM
Pics:

3oneday
23rd January 2014, 05:59 PM
Xcg7

wazandnic
23rd January 2014, 06:05 PM
Re: that last picture... so you have to hit over a TV aerial do you???

;)

rqrox
23rd January 2014, 06:42 PM
L, Whats with the cloak and daggers?? what combo worked best for you? I've got my full bag fitting on Sat and can't wait.

Is it worth playing a round to start with so you swing is grooved?

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 07:32 PM
No cloak and daggers.
Exotics XCG7 Beta with Oban Revenge.....
Jadho wins .... ;)

backintheswing
23rd January 2014, 07:40 PM
10.5*?

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 07:42 PM
it adjusts.
9.0 for me.
He sends exact specs to USA, its gets built over there.
They find a head that measures exactly what you order exactly, like the tour vans....

rqrox
23rd January 2014, 07:53 PM
It's supposed to be a bloody good bit of gear!

So I guess you ordered it on the spot? about how long will it take for them to make it?

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 07:58 PM
It's supposed to be a bloody good bit of gear!

So I guess you ordered it on the spot? about how long will it take for them to make it?

Yep.
21 days.

matty
23rd January 2014, 08:23 PM
No cloak and daggers.
3od wins .... ;)

Never heard of any of it. Off to dr google!

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 08:30 PM
Gave me the best numbers, thats good enough for me!

matty
23rd January 2014, 08:32 PM
That's what I was about to ask. Clear winner or were others close and it came down to feel?
Any surprise with the shafts you hit?

Icestorm959
23rd January 2014, 08:37 PM
After a google search - apparently Tour Edge make some really good woods?

Very under-the-radar brand.

Titty - how much better was the Tour Edge compared to your existing set up? Night and day, or 0-5%?
Did they have the Big Bertha Alpha there to try?

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 08:45 PM
It was a clear winner.
I tried the shaft with 4 other heads and they weren't close in terms of performance and feel...
I really liked my Anser/Kyoshi White, and to me the setup looked very similar visually head wise and the shafts felt close.
The Revenge gave me better numbers and flight.
I was really disappointed with the TM Jetspeed head, felt horrible....?

JADO75
23rd January 2014, 09:03 PM
No cloak and daggers.
3od wins .... ;)

Try jado wins, a few above 3od.

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 09:11 PM
Try jado wins, a few above 3od.
Fixed for you bud!

3oneday
23rd January 2014, 09:15 PM
Had an XCG6, great drivers. Hold value like an Adams, but great drivers :)

matty
23rd January 2014, 09:15 PM
Did you hit the SLDR and the other usual suspects? Did they seem to have them all there?

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2014, 09:21 PM
Did you hit the SLDR and the other usual suspects? Did they seem to have them all there?
Hit the sldr, did nothing for me...
He's having trouble with Ping and Titleist atm, he'll tell you about it.

matty
23rd January 2014, 09:23 PM
Never hit a ping, the 910 I liked, the 13 was crap. No big loss to me.

8081travis
24th January 2014, 03:54 PM
Was down for my full bag fitting today but unfortunately software problems didn't allow me to get fit. Had my putter fit which was a great experience and can't wait to go back and get it all done. Boys in there are absolute champs, would recommend to anyone in Sydney, go and get involved

Peppas
24th January 2014, 04:02 PM
Was down for my full bag fitting today but unfortunately software problems didn't allow me to get fit. Had my putter fit which was a great experience and can't wait to go back and get it all done. Boys in there are absolute champs, would recommend to anyone in Sydney, go and get involved

What was wrong with the software??? Did they say how long to get it fixed?

wazandnic
24th January 2014, 04:02 PM
What did they do with your putter??

Captain Nemo
24th January 2014, 04:04 PM
Sorry to hear that Travis.
I ducked in there around 10.30 to chat to them and their whole IT was down......
Saw the putter fitting room finished, how good is it!
Roll a putt, have it analysed, get it the head loft/lie tweaked, roll another.....etc.
Awesome they can do it on the spot in the same room, cool technology as well.

8081travis
24th January 2014, 04:22 PM
No trackman was having a problem loading on the multiple screens so couldnt get fit for driver, irons, wedges etc.

However did a putter fitting using the laser technology, amazing where I thought I was aiming, was fit and speced for a new putter

Captain Nemo
24th January 2014, 04:24 PM
Good to hear you got something out of the drive over anyway...
What do yoiu think of the whole setup?
I had photos taken with the guys in there by Beaver Menzies as their "official first" customer this morning.....hilarious!!!

wazandnic
24th January 2014, 04:24 PM
Funny stuff Titty.

What putters did they have in there??

Captain Nemo
24th January 2014, 04:27 PM
http://machineputters.gostorego.com

8081travis
24th January 2014, 04:54 PM
I was fit using the Edel putters

Kizza
24th January 2014, 06:52 PM
Do they offer fittings with the big brands or only the custom made?

Captain Nemo
24th January 2014, 07:11 PM
Most major brands, and some exotic stuff...

JADO75
24th January 2014, 07:20 PM
Titty, what happens if the driver they set you up for doesn't work outside of their lab? Do you hit balls outside at all in the testing or just in the lab?

Captain Nemo
24th January 2014, 07:28 PM
Titty, what happens if the driver they set you up for doesn't work outside of their lab? Do you hit balls outside at all in the testing or just in the lab?

Do the Ozgolf thing, and sell/trade it!
No outside testing, just got to trust Trackman and the no's I suppose.....

JADO75
24th January 2014, 07:31 PM
I know Drummond etc hit the magic buttons on their machines, that's not something these guys would do?

Steve
24th January 2014, 07:34 PM
I know that they did get a outside trackman with the set up, so the proving on the range may be a thing to come

8081travis
24th January 2014, 07:37 PM
It's going to be a great set up when it's done, really top blokes can't see them trimming the numbers.

matty
24th January 2014, 07:57 PM
Had my fitting today. A couple of technical issues with Trackman but we got the job done in the end. The guys are very enthusiastic and knowledgeable.
I was hitting it (and have been lately) like a busted. Paul tried a few things with my set up which helped some things and not others.

matty
24th January 2014, 07:59 PM
I know Drummond etc hit the magic buttons on their machines, that's not something these guys would do?

Not a chance. You know what the flight of your ball is going to be. It was spot on every time. I hit one low left off the heel and called it. Matched up perfectly, as did all the shots.

matty
24th January 2014, 08:05 PM

And this is what I ended up with.

JADO75
24th January 2014, 08:09 PM
No doubt it's a great set up, for me personally I'd like to see what's doing outside & with trackman

Dangals
24th January 2014, 08:09 PM
Nice Matty - another exotics driver ... Keen to hit this one now.

How big of an improvement did you see in distance/dispersion?

JADO75
24th January 2014, 08:10 PM
Great shaft the kiyoshi.
Two fittings, two exotics?

matty
24th January 2014, 08:23 PM
Nice Matty - another exotics driver ... Keen to hit this one now.

How big of an improvement did you see in distance/dispersion?

It was the first time I hit a SLDR and really liked the feel off the face. The exotics felt just as good but even hotter. There is a crispness with the contact but not the tinny feel of some drivers. I used to think the 910 felt a bit tinny.
Distance, no huge difference. Everything was reasonably similar but the exotics/kyoshi combo got it out there an extra 5m on overage maybe.
The clincher was dispersion. The combo definately straigtened things up for me and reduced spin by about 5-700.
I've really got some work to do on my driver set up. I don't have any spine tilt away and hit down on it by 5-6 degrees. We eventually sorted that out somewhat.
Apparently what feels like setting up to hit the mother of all draws for me is the correct driver swing. Apparently I hit the driver like I would a six iron. Not good.
Anyhow, the combo also felt the best. So feel and numbers added up.

matty
24th January 2014, 08:25 PM
Great shaft the kiyoshi.
Two fittings, two exotics?

It feels hot off the face. The SLDR felt really good like that. The exotic was a noticeable notch better. I'd never even heard of them or the shaft!

Dangals
24th January 2014, 08:26 PM
Mate that sounds like it is going to be great if you get the setup working better.

JADO75
24th January 2014, 08:33 PM
Two Oban's too

matty
24th January 2014, 08:40 PM
Two Oban's too

Can't remember the others I tried. Tried the one McIlroy hits but I think his is tipped a fair bit. The Oban felt very solid.
Have you hit these?

Captain Nemo
24th January 2014, 08:41 PM

Jadho, I'm no expert but I think this setup is a touch better than Drummonds......
Trackmans one of the best system going round.

Captain Nemo
24th January 2014, 08:42 PM

And this is what I ended up with.

:smt023

Captain Nemo
24th January 2014, 08:45 PM
It feels hot off the face. The SLDR felt really good like that. The exotic was a noticeable notch better. I'd never even heard of them or the shaft!

I echo what Matty said, the Exotics felt hotter and more solid.
I tried 5 other heads with the Revenge, this felt and setup the best.
The new Adams was very close second....

serrz
24th January 2014, 08:51 PM
Titty how much damage was the new driver? You ordered head and shaft?

Matt 3 Jab
24th January 2014, 08:55 PM
I'm no expert with launch numbers or any new stuff, but the fact they have more brands and OEM's allows people to try brands they usually wouldn't

TEE have always been around and I used one for a while and it felt great. Maybe they make a good product.

Will be good to see how others go and what irons they suggest / fit

matty
24th January 2014, 09:01 PM
Paul also said they're going to have a beer and pizza night and set up a comp with putting, driving, iron play at targets and add up who is closest at the end. Also a chance to muck around on the monitors. Should be fun with the Sydney ozgolf crew there.

Dangals
24th January 2014, 09:14 PM
Paul also said they're going to have a beer and pizza night and set up a comp with putting, driving, iron play at targets and add up who is closest at the end. Also a chance to muck around on the monitors. Should be fun with the Sydney ozgolf crew there.

That sounds great - little bit of banter would certainly be present on an evening like that

Matt 3 Jab
24th January 2014, 09:25 PM
I'd be in for that. Long drive and iron play. Yes!

matty
24th January 2014, 09:29 PM
It'd be fun. You'd probably have me covered for the Last matt. I'm tightening up in my old age!

Matt 3 Jab
24th January 2014, 09:29 PM
Haha 8 iron 170 covers me all day long!

Still be a fun night.

8081travis
24th January 2014, 09:30 PM
Paul also said they're going to have a beer and pizza night and set up a comp with putting, driving, iron play at targets and add up who is closest at the end. Also a chance to muck around on the monitors. Should be fun with the Sydney ozgolf crew there. Think that idea came up when we the IT guys were trying to reboot, Beaver challenged the boys and myself to putting comp! He won easy, blamed that he rolled the green himself.

matty
24th January 2014, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=Matt 3 Jab;1065592]Haha 8 iron 170 covers me all day long!

Still be a fun night.[/Quote.]

Just take 20 off that!

matty
24th January 2014, 09:41 PM
Think that idea came up when we the IT guys were trying to reboot, Beaver challenged the boys and myself to putting comp! He won easy, blamed that he rolled the green himself.

No wonder he's keen. Says he's getting fat already because of the pizza. Didn'tlook too fat to me!

JADO75
24th January 2014, 09:46 PM
Jadho, I'm no expert but I think this setup is a touch better than Drummonds......
Trackmans one of the best system going round.

I believe their setup certainly is better, more pointing out that Drummond hit the magic button to show you've hit a driver you're testing 300m with a draw when you know you hit it shitty & with your normal cut.
You & Matty couldn't be anymore different when it comes to swinging driver yet they put both of you in the same head? They also put you with the Revenge in 5 different heads but the Revenge would play differently in each head. Nothing personal brotha, I just find it weird that out of all the brands of shafts & drivers they put you guys in the same head & shaft brand. Exotics do make some really nice gear but I smell an arrangement between Exotics & Pure?

JADO75
24th January 2014, 09:49 PM
Can't remember the others I tried. Tried the one McIlroy hits but I think his is tipped a fair bit. The Oban felt very solid.
Have you hit these?

I have hit the Kiyoshi Black, like it plenty & its probably one of the only shafts left that I haven't owned & want. Been an Oban fan for awhile, I've got 2x Devotion's, a Kiyoshi White & Purple.

davepuppies
24th January 2014, 09:56 PM
Will be interesting to see what the next few recommendations are......

matty
24th January 2014, 10:05 PM
I believe their setup certainly is better, more pointing out that Drummond hit the magic button to show you've hit a driver you're testing 300m with a draw when you know you hit it shitty & with your normal cut.
You & Matty couldn't be anymore different when it comes to swinging driver yet they put both of you in the same head? They also put you with the Revenge in 5 different heads but the Revenge would play differently in each head. Nothing personal brotha, I just find it weird that out of all the brands of shafts & drivers they put you guys in the same head & shaft brand. Exotics do make some really nice gear but I smell an arrangement between Exotics & Pure?

You couldn't be more wrong. The reason we got the head is because the numbers don't lie. I hadn't had it offered to me to hit. I asked to hit it after reading reviews. The sldr felt good but the exotics felt hotter with a touch less spin. There's no button. TThey'rejust standing there watching, swapping heads and shafts with the data coming up on the screen.

JADO75
24th January 2014, 10:09 PM
Will be interesting to see what the next few recommendations are......

My guess is an Exotics with an Oban shaft, hope I'm wrong though

8081travis
24th January 2014, 10:14 PM
My guess is an Exotics with an Oban shaft, hope I'm wrong though They have so much more than just exotics/Oban don't reckon they are pushing a product

mrbluu
24th January 2014, 10:15 PM
I'm booked in as well and I'm concerned that that its 2 from 2 for exotics drivers, this is a little concerning for me.......I will.find out more on tuesday arvo...

Steve
24th January 2014, 10:25 PM
Well they are classified as a GI driver

Peppas
24th January 2014, 10:28 PM
I'm up on Monday arvo, will see how I go...

Ron Burgundy
24th January 2014, 10:30 PM
Two in a row could very easily be just a coincidence. I wouldn't have thought they'd be pulling those kind of shenanigans straight out of the gate with their first couple of fittings. They're not listed anywhere I could find as preferred suppliers/distributors etc for TEE or Oban and both of those companies make great gear regardless.

I got fitted into a kiyoshi black at GCI at Indooroopilly. Only found out after I bought one through them that they're the Aussie distributed for Oban. I was (and still am) very happy with it, but that made me wonder a bit if I was steered in that direction.

Captain Nemo
24th January 2014, 10:32 PM
Coincidence, I doubt it.
When it was all wrapped up, I asked to hit other heads with the Revenge (jetspeed was one from memory) and they weren't better.
As for the shafts, he has a booklet, full range, and each shaft has been cpm'd by the company in the US (they are individually labelled) so once they found the right cpm, I tried 3 other "brands" of shafts in that range of cpm of stiffness and ball flight/spin and the Oban to me felt and performed the best.
Believe me, I asked to try the AD DI, motore speeder something and even the new veylix shaft they just didn't work in that head?
They have a shitload of heads, I doubt they would steer you into 1 product as they order from the manufacturer in the US to the specs.

Steve
How does their price for the equipment that you purchase, stack up against other mean of supply

mrbluu
Well they are classified as a GI driver In golf GI, actually means fault hiding as opposed to game improvement.

JADO75
24th January 2014, 10:35 PM
Two in a row could very easily be just a coincidence. I wouldn't have thought they'd be pulling those kind of shenanigans straight out of the gate with their first couple of fittings. They're not listed anywhere I could find as preferred suppliers/distributors etc for TEE or Oban and both of those companies make great gear regardless.

I got fitted into a kiyoshi black at GCI at Indooroopilly. Only found out after I bought one through them that they're the Aussie distributed for Oban. I was (and still am) very happy with it, but that made me wonder a bit if I was steered in that direction.

There's no denying they make sensational shafts & yes I bet you were steered towards Oban

JADO75
24th January 2014, 10:36 PM
Double post

JADO75
24th January 2014, 10:40 PM
Well they are classified as a GI driver

The Beta model is 440cc & geared towards the better player

Steve
24th January 2014, 10:44 PM
The Beta model is 440cc & geared towards the better player

Yes, for sure. ;)

matty
24th January 2014, 10:44 PM
Jesus, talk about conspiracy theorists.
One way to solve it is to ask not to hit those brands. Then you can stick to the usual stuff.

Captain Nemo
24th January 2014, 10:45 PM
I hit the Beta and stock one, Beta was better on the eye and very solid feel and sound.
The stock one didn't fit my eye, different shape.
The new Adams, can't remember the name was a very nice looking head as well.

JADO75
24th January 2014, 10:50 PM
Jesus, talk about conspiracy theorists.
One way to solve it is to ask not to hit those brands. Then you can stick to the usual stuff.

You don't think its odd? SLDR is the lowest spinning head ever made yet the Exotics spun 700rpm less? There's another conspiracy haha

Captain Nemo
24th January 2014, 10:52 PM
But is the SLDR really the lowest spinning head ever made?

Steve
24th January 2014, 10:52 PM
No that's called " publicity "

JADO75
24th January 2014, 10:54 PM
Pretty sure it is & the 430cc spins less than the 460cc

Captain Nemo
Hahaha, the TMAG propaganda!
Wait till Callaway hear about that!

mrbluu
Then thing is that Matty and Titty have such different swings, I'm surprised they ended with the same head. Anyway I will go in on tuesday with and open mind and will report back.

Icestorm959
24th January 2014, 10:56 PM
Hmmm.... my friend was recently (4 weeks ago) fitted with an entire new set of Tour Edges which he showed me (I had never even heard of the brand until 4 weeks ago to be honest), including (you guessed it) an exotics driver. Now I can believe that they have some of the best woods/hybrids going around, but even irons and wedges??
Maybe they have a special promo with Australian fitters going on?

Captain Nemo
24th January 2014, 10:57 PM
Pretty sure it is & the 430cc spins less than the 460cc
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+the+lowest+spinning+golf+driver+head+ev er+made%3F

Captain Nemo
24th January 2014, 11:00 PM
Then thing is that Matty and Titty have such different swings, I'm surprised they ended with the same head. Anyway I will go in on tuesday with and open mind and will report back.

What about Bubba V Mahan
Or Scott V Duffner....
You can't use that analogy!

JADO75
24th January 2014, 11:03 PM
The two pairs are both contracted to the same company. Duffer plays a D2, Scott a D3. In regards to Ping its either a G25 or an Anser

serrz
24th January 2014, 11:05 PM
Will be interesting to hear how the fitted drivers perform on the course....hopefully exactly as trackman said...

serrz
24th January 2014, 11:06 PM
Adam's new driver....I think its just called the XTD...

JADO75
24th January 2014, 11:07 PM
Do they test which ball suits you best or once they dial you in for a particular set up, test for which ball best suits that set up?

Captain Nemo
24th January 2014, 11:08 PM
Yep, they ask what ball you usually play and use that.

JADO75
24th January 2014, 11:09 PM
Will be interesting to hear how the fitted drivers perform on the course....hopefully exactly as trackman said...

To each their own in regards to forking over your hard earned to get fitted but being fitted indoors can't compare to being fitted outdoors in my opinion.

matty
24th January 2014, 11:11 PM
Why is it so hard to believe two guys get the same head (no homo) with completely different shaft specs?
Sounds like some think nothing can be better than the sldr. Weird.
I really liked the sldr, gave the best reading until the exotic was tested. The exotics gave a bit better ball speed and I got the spin down to 2100.

Captain Nemo
24th January 2014, 11:12 PM
I totally agree about the outdoor testing.
Problem is with most company demo days is they just have the stock 3 or 4 shafts in diff flex.
These guys have a bunch of diff branded shafts and each has been cpm'd so I suppose they can dial it in a bit more detailed.

Steve
24th January 2014, 11:14 PM
Yes, both have been fitted with shafts that are not on offer by the normal club selection

JADO75
24th January 2014, 11:27 PM
Not sure if you're referring to me Matty in regards to the SLDR but while I rate it enormously its probably not the best driver I've ever hit, I'm actually going to grab a Covert 2.0 soon enough.
I might be the only one saying it but I'm sure most would be thinking the same thing, not saying its dodgy but it does sit funny. Shafts specs are different but they're from the same brand? Oban Revenge has been out for six years yet there wasn't anything better suited?

JADO75
24th January 2014, 11:29 PM
I totally agree about the outdoor testing.
Problem is with most company demo days is they just have the stock 3 or 4 shafts in diff flex.
These guys have a bunch of diff branded shafts and each has been cpm'd so I suppose they can dial it in a bit more detailed.

Went with some mates to a Callaway demo last night & they didn't even have the new fubuki shafts that come stock with the new Bertha's & didn't have any X flexes, was piss poor.

oldracer
24th January 2014, 11:34 PM
Would of thought ball flight outdoors was mandatory in any decent purchase, I hit like sh!t indoors

Icestorm959
24th January 2014, 11:37 PM
Went with some mates to a Callaway demo last night & they didn't even have the new fubuki shafts that come stock with the new Bertha's & didn't have any X flexes, was piss poor.

Jado - Did they have the actual Big Bertha and Big Bertha Alphas?

Titty, Matty - Did Pure Golf Performance have them? Probably keen to try the BBA out the most.

matty
24th January 2014, 11:37 PM
Not sure if you're referring to me Matty in regards to the SLDR but while I rate it enormously its probably not the best driver I've ever hit, I'm actually going to grab a Covert 2.0 soon enough.
I might be the only one saying it but I'm sure most would be thinking the same thing, not saying its dodgy but it does sit funny. Shafts specs are different but they're from the same brand? Oban Revenge has been out for six years yet there wasn't anything better suited?

You and binh.
Anyway, we'll get together soon enough and have a hit of them at the same time.
Will be interesting what binh says considering he gives it a whack.

BUSHY
24th January 2014, 11:49 PM

I can see both sides, it does look suss but at the same time it's not a big enough sample to say HOW suss. Although with all that gear there the last thing I would have expected was 2 TEE/Oban combos in a row. I know at GCI I was fitted to a flex profile first and then tested them all for feel outside on the range and on the Trackman. In the end the ball flights were similar but the choice was mine on a feel basis.

Very interested to see how this evolves.

JADO75
25th January 2014, 12:20 AM
Jado - Did they have the actual Big Bertha and Big Bertha Alphas?

Titty, Matty - Did Pure Golf Performance have them? Probably keen to try the BBA out the most.

They did mate, I didn't hit them due to a busted hip but i've watched my mates enough to know what works & what doesn't. They were very underwhelming to be honest, maybe with a decent shaft strapped in but not sold on them yet.

mrbluu
25th January 2014, 08:06 AM
You and binh.
Anyway, we'll get together soon enough and have a hit of them at the same time.
Will be interesting what binh says considering he gives it a whack.

Like I said I will be there on tuesday and will be going there with an open mind.

Johnny Canuck
25th January 2014, 11:35 AM
Like I said I will be there on tuesday and will be going there with an open mind.

And hopefully and open wallet by the sounds of it. Hopefully the exotic fitting goes well.

Hatchman
25th January 2014, 01:19 PM
I'm a sceptical prick when it comes to these computer monitoring devices and the possible manipulation of results by the operator to push a certin agenda. I saw it heaps with Dyno tuning. Only difference was it was more about dick measuring for HP numbers as opposed to doctoring those numbers to sell a particular engine.I'd like to see these places that use trackman or similar devices have the user be the only one to touch the device once the test session starts to guarantee no manipulation of the results. Not sure if that's possible or not?

I'm with JADO in being able to test hit out doors to see the results. The computer screen is ok to gain some data and narrow the field but to visually see ball flight and shape is very important rather than a calculated line on a screen.

As for Matty and Titty being fitted with the same make head and manufacture of shaft. The first reaction is the eyes do open and make one go hmmm. I like many will watch this thread with great interest to see what others are fitted with.

It may be just pure coincidence or the TEE gear with the Oban shaft may be the ducks guts. It's quite possible that a relatively unknown brand (TEE for one) could make some of the best gear around and very few would really know due to the crushing marketing force of TMAG, Callaway, Titleist and Ping to a lesser extent. All but a small minority would bother to even try another another brand.

Not sure if Matty and Titty keep stats on hit fairways or effective drives but it would be interesting to know how they fare with the new combos one gamed.

Peppas
25th January 2014, 01:38 PM
Well, I'm up on Monday and as all the Sydney guys have seen my swing... there should be no chance I get fitted into the same head/shaft as Matty or L. Looking forward to it though, and getting a better idea of what I should be ho'ing (besides lawn bowls probably).

8081travis
25th January 2014, 02:00 PM
I got an email from the boys today, saying my fitting would be free because I waited around for them yesterday when they were trying to fix track man

I currently play an Oban so be interesting to see where we go, putter fitting was a real eye opener, measured where I was aiming using a laser, about a foot an a half left the first time, sand distance second time and then a foot right. They then had me roll puts and adjusted, loft, head weight length. When aligned with fitted putter dead straight 4 times in a row, can't really manipulate those results

JADO75
25th January 2014, 02:02 PM
The not being able to see your ballflight outdoors is my reason for not wanting shell out good money to give Pure a shake.

JADO75
25th January 2014, 02:08 PM
I got an email from the boys today, saying my fitting would be free because I waited around for them yesterday when they were trying to fix track man

I currently play an Oban so be interesting to see where we go, putter fitting was a real eye opener, measured where I was aiming using a laser, about a foot an a half left the first time, sand distance second time and then a foot right. They then had me roll puts and adjusted, loft, head weight length. When aligned with fitted putter dead straight 4 times in a row, can't really manipulate those results

Drummond sized putter cups? Haha

BUSHY
25th January 2014, 02:16 PM
The not being able to see your ballflight outdoors is my reason for not wanting shell out good money to give Pure a shake.

I'm with you regarding ballflight. However I'm not aware of Trackman and Flightscope being able to doctor the results to suit the operator.

For the guys that have been, how did they do wedge fitting?

8081travis
25th January 2014, 04:53 PM
Drummond sized putter cups? Haha Putted to a black screen with a dot on it, laser aligning to the dot

D22marshall
25th January 2014, 06:14 PM
I meet Paul at the shop when they first got it and he was telling me about the exotics and how good they are so no surprised they are pushing them a bit he send me an email about best heads for swing speeds I will try and dig it up and post it.

BUSHY
25th January 2014, 06:33 PM
I meet Paul at the shop when they first got it and he was telling me about the exotics and how good they are so no surprised they are pushing them a bit he send me an email about best heads for swing speeds I will try and dig it up and post it.

I definitely agree that they're really good heads, I hit one with an AD-DI and a Fubuki and was really surprised at how good they felt off the face. I think what is odd here for those that have questioned it is that 2 fittings have resulted in 2 TEE/OBAN combos from (described by others) golfers with different swings.

JADO75
25th January 2014, 06:34 PM
Makes me even more suss knowing he was pushing exotics, no denying they make great gear though

D22marshall
25th January 2014, 06:36 PM
Ball speed with low spinDrivers:For players 90mph and up- Exotics XCG6- SLDR- Nike Covert- Ping G25- X Hot/X Hot Pro

D22marshall
26th January 2014, 11:50 AM
Numbers don't lie and all there offerings are top notch so I guess if you want the best set up possible they will sort you out

matty
26th January 2014, 08:26 PM
I had my data emailed to me earlier today. The Trackman data shows everything about your swing but I'll use the averages given.
I first hit a dozen or so with my current driver, a Callaway xtreme 9* with matrix ozik hd6 XX, while they collected data.
Then we worked through other head/shaft combos for an hour or so until I asked to hit the exotic head after seeing titty end up with that.
Worked through another half dozen or so shafts until we settled on the combo of Exotic XCG Beta 9* with Kyoshi Oban Black 75 X.
My SS was 1.5mph slower with the Exotic (felt tired by then), but the ball speed was 2.2mph faster.
My average spin rate with the xtreme was 3620 then dropped to an average of 2720 with the new combo.
Attack angle slightly down with both. Would like to reverse that but buggered if I know how to.
Smash factor on average 1.44 with the callaway, 1.48 with exotic.
5m tighter dispersion with new combo, 13m more carry, 20m more overall distance.
Was presented with a fact of life too. My SS has dropped about 5mph over the last 5 years but go to expect that, being the wrong side of 40 :lol:
Got to wait 3 long weeks until the new toy arrives with a nice pom pom headcover.