PDA

View Full Version : 2006 NSW MatchPlay - draw and results

jimandr
22nd January 2006, 09:03 PM
While I have no independent witness to the draw, I was scrupulously fair.  I wrote all names on post it notes, folded them up, put them in a bag, swirled it around a few times, then pulled out the post-it notes one at a time.  I wish I hadn't done it this way.  Maybe I would've got a better outcome for myself :( .

Oh well, that's the luck of the draw :evil: .

The number corresponds to when each person came out of the bag, Burger came out first, Amanda came out 17th.  Zipptopp was late, so he gets 18.

First Round.

15 - Matt3Jab  versus  18 - Zipptopp

16 - Jimandr  versus  17 - Amanda

Second Round.

1 - Burger  v  winner of 16 v 17

8 - Trung  v  9 - Jono   - RESULT = JONO 4 and 2

5 - PingLauncher v 12 - Miro

4 - TS  v  13 - BradW

------------------------------------------

3 - Grunt  v  14 - Miro's Wife

7 - Andrew  v  10 - Virgal Tracy

6 - Fishman Dan  v  11 - 3oneday

2-  Coffs Hacker  v  winner of 15 v 18

The third round would be winner of match 1 v winner of match 2 etc.

I don't have the software on my computer at home to do the bracket diagram.  If someone else can do that and PM it to me I can copy and paste it in.

Obviously the first round players need to try and get their game in quickly so as not to delay the event.  As Amanda and myself are one of those matches, we should be able to get our game done fairly soon.

The Miro's are unavailable until nearly the end of February, which should suit Grunt.

The highlight of the second round is definitely Dan v Pete.  I look forward to a long series of emoticon-laden comments before, and after, this game takes place.

Get those PM's flying.  If at all possible, announce your match when the schedule is confirmed so other Ozgolfers can join you to act as witnesses and referees.  Quite a few of us can be weekday players if necessary.  

Good luck and have fun :)  :)  :)

3oneday
22nd January 2006, 09:07 PM
6 - Fishman Dan  v  11 - 3oneday :smt093 :smt098 :smt023

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

terryand
22nd January 2006, 09:11 PM
So who do you play 2nd round Pete :smt017

Terry.

3oneday
22nd January 2006, 09:16 PM
So who do you play 2nd round Pete :smt017

Terry.3rd round Tezza, not sure, hope he does a Andyp type draw thingomebob.

Pete

Jarro
22nd January 2006, 09:19 PM
Fishy will have to pull a few new tricks outta his bag to get away with this one :P :lol:

jimandr
22nd January 2006, 10:04 PM
It's a bit hard to explain without a diagram.

The winner of 6 v 11 plays the winner of 2 v 15 or 18.

If Dan times the match right, he should strike Pete just as he is debuting a new set of clubs (isn't that most of the time?) An even money bet.

amanda
23rd January 2006, 06:11 AM
Maybe I would've got a better outcome for myself :( .

Jim - you've had practice playing me at matchplay - so what's the problem? :D

Fishman Dan
23rd January 2006, 06:40 AM
Jim - hit the nail on the head. Chances are Pete will have some sort of new driver, hybrid or putter in his hand.

Fact is that by the end of it, he'll be throwing money at me for my Ping's. =; [-(

Pete - when are you available? I think i'm tied up until...... August?

3oneday
23rd January 2006, 03:12 PM
Jim - hit the nail on the head. Chances are Pete will have some sort of new driver, hybrid or putter in his hand.

Fact is that by the end of it, he'll be throwing money at me for my Ping's. =;  [-(

Pete - when are you available? I think i'm tied up until...... August?Dan, couple of weeks maybe ?? how does Liverpool sound :twisted: :twisted:

I have pennants starting with Windsor in mid Feb if I make the cut, so that's about 7 Sundays out from then. Maybe PM your availability and we will work on it.

Pete

Fishman Dan
23rd January 2006, 05:14 PM
Stuff PM's.... everyone else posts publicly ;)

I'm out for most of Feb anyway, so March/April. We'll take it as it comes. Perhaps another jaunt around Windsor or something.

jimandr
23rd January 2006, 10:11 PM
Maybe I would've got a better outcome for myself :( .

Jim - you've had practice playing me at matchplay - so what's the problem?  :D

I was one down with two to play, and should've been beaten on the 18th that day.

I was mainly referring to the fact that as defending champion and person conducting the draw I should have somehow been able to get myself into the second round with a 'bye' :oops: . Not a good look if the defender is the first person out. Trung will argue that he doesn't get the wooden spoon because he didn't get knocked out until the second round :wink:

I'm sure we will have a good match. I'll let you choose the venue this time. We'll talk further on Australia Day at New Brighton.

Fishman Dan
23rd January 2006, 11:01 PM
Actually... good luck with the Pennants.... I'm playing crap right now, could do with a couple of lessons.... :-k

Take more time if you want ;) :lol:

Grunt
31st January 2006, 06:09 AM
Well after all that has happened to me in the past few weeks. I am not sure how easy it is going to be for me to be able to compete in this. At the moment it stands as follows, until the end of Febuary I am out of action golf wise, not so much of a problem. The big problem is as part of the way doctors have to treat patient that have had seizures, which I had as the initial indication of the brain tumour. I now have been told I cannot drive a car until the 2nd week in April.
So in the end if it has to happen I understand if I will have to forfeit to enable the matches to progress.

3oneday
31st January 2006, 06:12 AM
Grant, mate your catching one of Jono's diseases, you're thinking too much !!! We'll work it out, I'm sure one of us can come and collect you !!! especially if that person wants to kick your ass !!!!

:)

Pete

Grunt
31st January 2006, 06:19 AM
LOL Pete, now you all are really dreaming. I think the tumour thing was planted by someone worried that I was improving too fast and they wanted to put a little handicap/restriction on my game.

Jono
31st January 2006, 10:12 AM
Grant,

According to the draw, you are playing Mrs Miro. The Miro's are away until March anyway and when they come back, they are in charge of organizing the next Ozgolf Strokeplay round. There was some talk of either Camden Lakeside or Riverside Oaks. Perhaps we can lean towards Camden Lakeside which is closer to you and I'm sure one of us can pick you up on the way. If you don't mind doubling up the Stroke and the Matchplay, you and Mrs Miro can play your match then.

Too easy ... ;)

Pinglauncher
31st January 2006, 10:44 AM
Grant

As you are playing Mrs Miro and I have been drawn with Miro if we can all agree to a single venue I would be more than happy to come and pick you up and drop you back home.

They are not back until late Feb so we can discuss it before then.

Cheers

Chris

Grunt
31st January 2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks Guys

Just having a **** day as I got the anethatists bill this morning. OUCH

brad
31st January 2006, 01:51 PM
Jim - thanks for organising this.

I'm really looking forward to my first match play.

Jono
31st January 2006, 04:22 PM
Jim - thanks for organising this.

I'm really looking forward to my first match play.

TS is talking about a 10 and 8 victory ...

Any reply to that bit to pompous remark?

fight, fight, fight ... (insert evil smilie here)

TS
31st January 2006, 09:44 PM

Thanks. John, wouldn't know what to do without my mates. Are you trying to get us into fight to create more business for you?

brad
1st February 2006, 08:15 AM

I've learnt that golf and anger don't mix (example ... my shoulder), sorry to dissapoint :-\" . I'm just looking forward to being involved.:-D

3oneday
1st February 2006, 09:16 AM

fight, fight, fight ... (insert evil smilie here)Jono, TS probably thought he was playing you mate !!!!

insert wink here

Pete

AndyP
8th February 2006, 11:14 AM
I don't have the software on my computer at home to do the bracket diagram. *If someone else can do that and PM it to me I can copy and paste it in.
You don't have Microsoft Excel or similar?

If so, here is a copy of the worksheet from the 2005 matchplay, you will probably need to customise it because of your qualification matches.

Grunt
8th February 2006, 12:27 PM
I will have a go at making the draw in excel. I do have some free time on my hands LOL

AndyP
8th February 2006, 12:30 PM
I will have a go at making the draw in excel. I do have some free time on my hands LOL
Are you using the zip file provided, Grunt? It will save you plenty of time.

Grunt
8th February 2006, 12:53 PM
I did it just need to work out how to insert it
I will have a go

AndyP
8th February 2006, 12:57 PM
I did it just need to work out how to insert it
I will have a go
To insert it, you will need to copy the cells on the worksheet and paste to a photo editor or paint maybe. Save that as a picture file, then you can go via imageshack as per usual or make it an attachment to your post.

Grunt
8th February 2006, 12:58 PM
What format do I have to save it as So i can upload it.

AndyP
8th February 2006, 01:01 PM
What format do I have to save it as So i can upload it.
The attachment button tells you in the posting area.
bmp, gif, jpg, zip, etc.

Grunt
8th February 2006, 01:03 PM
http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/4863/2006matchplay8kd.png
Updated 7/3/06

3oneday
8th February 2006, 01:05 PM
Gees Dan, I didn't realise we got drawn to play Miros wife in the 2nd round !!! who's mattsjabbing ??? or should that be who is matt jabbing ?? :lol:

:p

What are the play by dates Grant ??

Grunt
8th February 2006, 01:09 PM
Don't know pete would have to ask Jim he is the organiser.

jimandr
8th February 2006, 02:42 PM
I knew if I waited long enough somebody else would have a go at drawing the draw. Thanks Grunt.

I'd like to think we can use common sense and goodwill to get the event done without imposing rules or dates for completion of the rounds. After all, we all nominated because we want to play, I hope.

My game against Amanda will be happening on 26 Feb. If other players can get together on the same day, that would be excellent.

Matt 3 Jab
9th February 2006, 07:46 AM
im trying to organise things with zipptop, coming along now, just deciding on a date and a course to go head to head.
Go matt3jab!

miro
23rd February 2006, 12:27 PM
Ping and Grunt,

The Miros are back in town and looking for some ass to kick and it would seem your's have been nominated.

We can play:

(a) any weekend but would prefer saturday
(b) a sunday at Ryde Parra with you both as visitors (a bit of a fiddle as major pennants are on at the moment)
(c) during the next stroke play event which I (actually my wife) has to organise.

Let me know and we will get this thing organised.

Oh and Grunt I am sure my wife will take pity on you given your recent ailments -kind forgiving sole that she is (not).

Miro

Grunt
23rd February 2006, 12:52 PM
Miro,

Last year it was sort of a rule that games were not played @ players home courses so as not to give home course advantage. I guess the strokeplay would be Ok if it was not to be @ Ryde-Parramatta.

Jono
23rd February 2006, 12:54 PM
Oh and Grunt I am sure my wife will take pity on you given your recent ailments -kind forgiving sole that she is (not).

Miro

Has she got forgiving golf shoes? ;)

Jono
23rd February 2006, 12:56 PM
Miro,

Last year it was sort of a rule that games were not played @ players home courses so as not to give home course advantage. I guess the strokeplay would be Ok if it was not to be @ Ryde-Parramatta.

It was not an absolute rule. Amanda played Gary at Gary's home course. Gary gave her extra 2 shots for the home course advantage. I think it's up to the two that are playing the match. If they can come to some sort of arrangement, I don't see a problem.

Grunt
23rd February 2006, 12:58 PM
Ping and Grunt,

The Miros are back in town and looking for some ass to kick and it would seem your's have been nominated.

We can play:

(a) any weekend but would prefer saturday
(b) a sunday at Ryde Parra with you both as visitors (a bit of a fiddle as major pennants are on at the moment)
(c) during the next stroke play event which I (actually my wife) has to organise.

Let me know and we will get this thing organised.

Miro

Can you guys make Bardwell Valley this Sunday morning? As Jim has booked 2 groups, if ping could make it then we would have our matches on independant ground.

Pinglauncher
23rd February 2006, 01:12 PM
Can you guys make Bardwell Valley this Sunday morning? As Jim has booked 2 groups, if ping could make it then we would have our matches on independant ground.

I am on standby this week so it would more than likely be a little late to get someone to cover for me. If everyone is available I can try tomorrow though. Let me know ASAP.

miro
23rd February 2006, 01:59 PM
Grunt,

What can I say -we are kinda golf course snobs -accordingly I don't think we can make the game at Royal Bardwell Valley.

You may notice I offered 3 options only 1 was at Ryde Parra -just thought you might like a game there. More than happy to play Camden Lakeside or Riverside Oaks or even something up the coast (newcastle way) any weekend.

Let me know if you have any preferences on dates or courses.

Miro

Grunt
23rd February 2006, 06:06 PM
Well it really depends on both whether I am back on full shift once more soon & if that is the case if I am rostered off the days you available.
I must admit I am really not going to want to play at a course that I have never played before (that rules Riverside Oaks out).
I had my match last year somewhere I had never played (the Vintage) and was a tough course for a 27 marker,at first sighting, it was not an experience that I wish to repeat. As for up the coast I might be off limits for that too if the doctors don't give me the right to drive back tomorrow.

Pinglauncher
23rd February 2006, 06:54 PM
Paul, I am in a similar boat to Grant. I would not be overjoyed to play at a difficult course I had not played before. I have not played any of your 3 choices or preferences but from a difficulty level from what I have heard Riverside Oaks and Ryde Parramatta would not be a breeze for golfers of Grant and my abilities.

I will say Ryde Parramatta is one course I certainly plan to play as it comes highly recommended from friends of mine that have played it.

If Grant is still unable to drive I am happy to pick him up which may make Camden Lakeside the best choice.

We obviously have to find a course that is agreeable to all 4 of us. This may be harder than I thought [-(

3oneday
23rd February 2006, 08:53 PM
ahh, just forfeit you lot and get on with it :p

:lol:

Jono
23rd February 2006, 09:09 PM
Grunt,

What can I say -we are kinda golf course snobs -accordingly I don't think we can make the game at Royal Bardwell Valley.

Miro

Is Bardwell Valley that bad? :shock: :???: If that's the case, I'm surprised Jim, who has compained about every single course he has played on (except NSW) has agreed to play his first round match there ... :twisted:

Sounds like it will be Camden Valley for you 4. May as well have our next round of Strokeplay comp there ... :-D

3oneday
23rd February 2006, 09:36 PM
Is Bardwell Valley that bad? :shock: :???:I used to be a member there, cause it's all that was open and I could afford. That tell you anything ???

If not, cause I can be too subtle at times, it's crap.

amanda
24th February 2006, 05:42 AM
Sometimes it's just as much of a challenge to play on a B-grade course - it has lots of side sloping lies, raised greens, unique lies etc.

Grunt
24th February 2006, 05:58 AM
Guess it is lucky I am still not a member of Royal Botany still then hey. To all of you that do have a problem with playing lower standard courses, I think you are missing out. We don't seem to see the QLD'ers having these problems do we, maybe next years matchplay titles should be held at venues that are prearranged by a commitee at the start of the year. If you can't make it or the course does not match your course standards, tough luck, play or forfeit.

Grunt
24th February 2006, 05:59 AM
Sometimes it's just as much of a challenge to play on a B-grade course - it has lots of side sloping lies, raised greens, unique lies etc.

Exactly Amanda I agree 100%, it must be a mid handicapper thing but I have notice once you get to single figures you hate everywhere that is not group 1

3oneday
24th February 2006, 06:53 AM
Exactly Amanda I agree 100%, it must be a mid handicapper thing but I have notice once you get to single figures you hate everywhere that is not group 1
Grant, nice generalisation mate. Might be best to keep those statements to yourself, at the risk of pi$$ing off the guys who play where I do.

My statement was made as a former member of the club, having played there for some time I feel that gives me the right to comment, or at least pass my opinion. I also look forward to playing group 1 courses, unfortunately my handicap is never low enough to play them, so I am yet to play one. I must never play anywhere then hey :p

FFS, if a guy doesn't wish to play a course because he doesn't rate it, does that need to be questioned . Do you wanna go play all the matches at Bondi ??? Loosen up mate.

P

Grunt
24th February 2006, 07:01 AM
Maybe the op has removed the ability of keeping things in my head & now I call it like I see it.

miro
24th February 2006, 08:53 AM
Hey what a little shin dig my golf coure snobbery has created.

Personally, I just don;t see why I should play courses that are:

(a) generally too short to test your whole game;
(b) generally in poor condition especially the greens.

So Grunt and Ping what is the solution. Make a suggestion as to where and when and lets get this thing going. I am more than happy to do it at the next stroke day which I will post about shortly.

PS Grunt don't worry about transport I am sure between the four of us we can organise something.

Grunt
24th February 2006, 08:59 AM
Play it at the stroke play then. Done. If I have to work that weekend I will have to forfeit.

Pinglauncher
24th February 2006, 12:23 PM
Hey what a little shin dig my golf coure snobbery has created.

Personally, I just don;t see why I should play courses that are:

(a) generally too short to test your whole game;
(b) generally in poor condition especially the greens.

So Grunt and Ping what is the solution. Make a suggestion as to where and when and lets get this thing going. I am more than happy to do it at the next stroke day which I will post about shortly.

PS Grunt don't worry about transport I am sure between the four of us we can organise something.

If the greens are good and fees etc reasonable I will go with the masses on this one. Happy to wait for the stroke event or another venue if everyone is agreeable.

When you are hitting it short off the tee all courses are long for me :-({|= so if it not an 8000 yd course it would be good.

Jono
24th February 2006, 12:43 PM
Maybe the op has removed the ability of keeping things in my head & now I call it like I see it.

Nup. You did that pre-op too ... ;)

Glad the operation hasn't changed you. 8)

Jono
24th February 2006, 12:45 PM
If the greens are good and fees etc reasonable I will go with the masses on this one. Happy to wait for the stroke event or another venue if everyone is agreeable.

When you are hitting it short off the tee all courses are long for me :-({|= so if it not an 8000 yd course it would be good.

You are not that short mate. You can still outdrive Jim ... ;)

Is Jim away from his computer? Or is he just opting not to respond to my jabs ... :twisted:

Matt 3 Jab
25th February 2006, 01:32 PM
all courses are too short :twisted:

amanda
25th February 2006, 02:33 PM
all courses are too short :twisted:Doesn't matter if they're too short if you can't putt ;)

connico
25th February 2006, 04:05 PM
so im stuff...cant drive cant putt....:-({|=...

Regardless on the matter of courses i do agree with miro, a course has to test all of your game to make it worth while, it takes away. Someone with killer irons on a short course is going to dominate, someone with a long long long long long drive will dominate a long course... isnt the reason why you guys play neutral courses is to take away disadvantage...

so i would agree with grunt there that you should map the courses in the beging of the season...spread evenly around nsw... :)

Andrew
25th February 2006, 05:19 PM
once you get to single figures you hate everywhere that is not group 1
Don't forget guys, we live in Sydney. Even the group 1 courses suck. :D

AndyP
26th February 2006, 08:37 AM
Are there sheep stations up for grabs here?

No, you're right, OZgolf bragging rights is worth much more than a sheep station.

amanda
26th February 2006, 02:27 PM
We weren't sure of the rules for when things are tied at 18 holes - we just kept playing the 18th (luckily there were no groups behind) until there was a result. Was this ok?

jimandr
26th February 2006, 03:41 PM
You are not that short mate. You can still outdrive Jim ... ;)

Is Jim away from his computer? Or is he just opting not to respond to my jabs ... :twisted:

I must admit I had overlooked this thread over the last few days. Just as well, as I wouldv'e been forced to quote a much greater man than I, and say "I get no respect" ( I wish there was a Rodney Dangerfield smiley).

Some of us seem to be giving this competition a must greater importance than it deserves. We are playing for the highly coveted sealed silver box of Penn 15 golf balls with Jono's writing on the cover. It's only a game.

Nevertheless, as a compromise may I suggest either Liverpool or Glenmore as a Match venue. Both courses have Sunday Opne Days, and are good quality tracks that may test all parts of the game. In my view, neither course really gives advantage to the low marker or the high marker.

If I can gain Burger's attention and availability, we need to arrange a game somewhere. When that game happens, other matchplayers are welcome to join us. I don't know whether he is a golf course snob, but I'm definitely the opposite. I'll play anywhere (and probably badly).

Grunt
26th February 2006, 04:19 PM
Glenmore sounds good, have not played there for some time though. The last time I played there was before the waste area in front of the 3rd or 4th was still there having like an island green.

Will join who ever plays even if my matchplay is not there.

AndyP
26th February 2006, 06:46 PM
We weren't sure of the rules for when things are tied at 18 holes - we just kept playing the 18th (luckily there were no groups behind) until there was a result. Was this ok?
Sure, why not? If both players were in agreement on it, then it's fine.

If you couldn't play any extra holes, then the whole match would have had to be replayed.
Last year, BrisVegas and damoocow were all square through 18, and agreed to play the 3rd and 4th on a course as there playoff holes, however they only needed the 3rd.

3oneday
26th February 2006, 08:37 PM
Glenmore sounds good, have not played there for some time though. The last time I played there was before the waste area in front of the 3rd or 4th was still there having like an island green.

Will join who ever plays even if my matchplay is not there.Played there today, it's in pretty good nick, well, the 15 holes that I saw were :oops:

Go soon though, as soon as it cools down they're fairways get as tight as... well, tight...

Pete

Jono
26th February 2006, 11:40 PM
What's the go with giving shots in matchplay after the regulation 18 holes? Grant mentioned that at his home club, once the regulation 18 are over, and you are the higher handicapper, you have basically used all your shots up, and you don't get any more shots on the extra holes. Seems a bit harsh ...

If that is the case, what about fourball best ball matchplay situation?

AndyP
27th February 2006, 08:56 AM
I'm sure that the shots still go off the indexes. I think that's why the match index on the 1st hole is so high, as this is usually the first playoff hole, and they try to avoid giving shots away there.

Since when has Mac Grange done things the right way? Did this ruling give an advantage to the owner's son?

jimandr
27th February 2006, 09:05 PM
I'm sure that the shots still go off the indexes. I think that's why the match index on the 1st hole is so high, as this is usually the first playoff hole, and they try to avoid giving shots away there.

Since when has Mac Grange done things the right way? Did this ruling give an advantage to the owner's son?

Geez Andy, you're sledging the owner of Mac Grange without having been within 500 miles of the place. Not a bad effort.

While the owner probably would make rules like that, Grunt was talking about handicap matchplay within grades (I think), so there would not be much difference in the ability of the players, so no strokes makes sense in that circumstance.

I suppose it will arise again, so perhaps this is a good time to determine the fairest way to decide allocation of strokes in extra holes.

On Sunday, if we had gone down the first, I would have had a big advantage, as it was the 18th shot hole. It wasn't something I thought about at the time. The opportunity was there to play the 18th again (and again a second time), so we did it. I didn't think it was unfair for me to give away a shot on the hole each time.

HOWEVER, I've had a look at some cards in my collection, and ALL of them have the first hole as the 18th shot hole, so maybe it is deliberately that way. The actual 18th is fairly consistent as either the 9th or 11th shot given.

I guess the best solution is whatever the players agree to on the day and what is possible. I'm not in favour of things like putt-offs or chip off's. But if you keep playing, you follow the index. If you go down the first, you don't give away any shots there. If it's the tenth (or some other convenient hole you can sneak onto without the officials catching you), you follow the index.

I actually don't mind the Brisvegas solution if it cannot be completed on the day. If it's possible to meet another day, you use a couple of holes to warm up, regain psychological advantages etc. and recommence the match at the 3rd. On most of my cards, the 3rd is the 11th or 12th shot hole.

Any other possibilities come to mind?

AndyP
27th February 2006, 09:12 PM
I actually don't mind the Brisvegas solution if it cannot be completed on the day. If it's possible to meet another day, you use a couple of holes to warm up, regain psychological advantages etc. and recommence the match at the 3rd. On most of my cards, the 3rd is the 11th or 12th shot hole. Actually it was two separate instances. BV had one playoff, one replay.

In one match, he completely replayed it on another day after being a tie at the end.

In another match against someone else, he played the 3rd and 4th holes straight after the 18 holes ending in a tie. The reason for those holes was because it was the 3rd tee and 4th greens weren't to far to walk from the clubhouse, and would be an easy loop. The par 5 1st would have taken us a good distance away.

As I said, if the participants agree then do we have to stick to official matchplay rules? We may not have the option of replaying the first.

Grunt
28th February 2006, 07:54 AM
Updated Results and Draw now on Page 2
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/69/2006matchplay0dn.png[/IMG"] ("http://[IMG)

miro
28th February 2006, 08:03 AM
Golf clap Grunt -very nice.

brad
28th February 2006, 12:06 PM
I agree - very impressive Grunt. Maybe we should get this on the first page and update it there somehow so that we don't have multiple copies throughout the posts??? - Just an idea.

Grunt
28th February 2006, 01:51 PM
ok results are now in one place page 2 of this post.

Grunt
1st March 2006, 05:54 AM
Miro/Miro's wife

As it looks like I won't be able to make it to the stroke round as the majority of the people are voting for a weekend I am unavailable.

Is there any chance of you making it to Camden Lakeside on the 17th?

Also are any dates during the week ok for you or is it only weekends? April is not a real good month for me, other than the 1st & 2nd, I am not off again until 22nd, 29th & 30th. May is even worse with only 7th, & 27th off

miro
1st March 2006, 10:12 AM
Grunt,

Having just had a month and a half of holidays mid week games are probably off limits for us both for a little while. So lets target any weekend you are available and we will work with you to make sure this happens -we will happily play where ever we can get a game to make sure that neither Al nor you need to forfeit.

In fact I have just had a look at the responses to the Stroke Round event and I see both you and Ping are available on the 1st of April (saturday). Why don't we organise a game for that day. Event the 2nd would be ok.

Let me know -oh and I think you and Ping are the "home" teams for both games so you probably get to pick the course????

Grunt
4th March 2006, 03:10 PM
Well yes I am available the 1st but not sure where the mess is headed for the 17th.

Grunt
7th March 2006, 07:37 AM
What are the play by dates Grant ??

Have I turned into the NSW organiser or something? Wasn't Jim the organiser for this event? How come all the ? are being directed at me?

In response to your question Pete, I have no idea if there is even a cutoff date.

3oneday
7th March 2006, 07:49 AM
Have I turned into the NSW organiser or something? Wasn't Jim the organiser for this event? How come all the ? are being directed at me?

In response to your question Pete, I have no idea if there is even a cutoff date.Grant, thanks for responding to my question of 8th February 2006 :confused: I'm sorry if you feel you needed to wait a month to BITE MY BLOODY HEAD OFF :lol:

Did the doc give you any "chill pills" ??? :smt119:

;)

Pete

Grunt
7th March 2006, 07:56 AM
Grant, thanks for responding to my question of 8th February 2006 :confused: I'm sorry if you feel you needed to wait a month to BITE MY BLOODY HEAD OFF :lol:

Did the doc give you any "chill pills" ??? :smt119:

;)

Pete

Sorry Pete I missed your question earlier, it was at a time where I was sort of recovering from some minor op but I can't remember what it was they did. Did not mean to bite your head off, sorry mate.

Grunt
9th March 2006, 07:22 PM
Results for todays match Matt3Jab defeated Zipptopp 7 & 6. I will update the draw over the weekend after the games on the 12th.

3oneday
9th March 2006, 09:18 PM
Results for todays match Matt3Jab defeated Zipptopp 7 & 6. I will update the draw over the weekend after the games on the 12th.umm, 7 and 6 and zippy had 2 points on the front ??? Matt musta been striping it too hey :lol:

brad
10th March 2006, 06:23 AM
Comeon Matt, tell us how all about it .... :)

jimandr
12th March 2006, 07:56 PM
Grant,

If you haven't picked up the result (and a few descriptions) in the New Brighton 12th March thread, Brad defeated TS 2&1.

Can you do the honours and insert the result into the draw on page 2.

Brad could be quite a difficult opponent in games to come. His shoulder injury has helped his course management, recovery shots and patience around the course. Unlike me, he is very capable of going well under his handicap.

Grunt
16th March 2006, 08:12 AM
I will delete the draw from the previous position and try to keep it at the last page as it is updated from now on. It should be easier to follow and watch now.

AndyP
16th March 2006, 08:13 AM
I put the updated draw in the first post and the current post in a thread.

Grunt
16th March 2006, 08:17 AM
Results Updated

Grunt
18th April 2006, 05:26 PM
Results Updated

brad
24th April 2006, 11:46 AM
Looking forward to seeing some more results on the right hand side soon :)

Grunt
17th May 2006, 08:32 AM
Updated Results

http://img311.imageshack.us/img311/9498/nswozgolfmatchplayresults6bz.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

3oneday
17th May 2006, 09:17 AM
Didn't Ping and Brad play ???

Baldheaddan forfeited (I think).

Grunt
17th May 2006, 09:38 AM
Yeah I think you are right, Pete I will look into it.

Pinglauncher
17th May 2006, 09:38 AM
Didn't Ping and Brad play ???

Yep, 1 up win to Brad

Grunt
17th May 2006, 09:43 AM
ok missed a result I will update it later this afternoon.

brad
18th May 2006, 12:09 PM
Sorry Grant, with work at the moment, I don't get to post much

Grunt
27th May 2006, 02:00 PM
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2008/nswmatchplay4iz.png (http://imageshack.us)

Grunt
4th June 2006, 05:44 PM
Results Update

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4548/nswmatchplay3id.png

Grunt
27th June 2006, 08:12 PM
Well we are now at the Semi Final stage. Here are the updated results.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/6815/nswmatchplay5kq.png

Grunt
12th August 2006, 07:05 PM
Well the final is set
Here are the latest results
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2540/ozgolfmatchplayfinalys3.png (http://imageshack.us)

Grunt
10th September 2006, 06:58 AM
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/2605/2006nswmatchplayyt0.png