PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 16th January, 2006

Pinglauncher
22nd January 2006, 12:02 PM
I had a playing lesson on Friday with our assistant pro who is coaching me. We played 9 holes and worked on course management, strategy and looked at the variations in taking different speeds and lines on the greens.

Shot 3 over from the plates with one wrong club choice costing me a sloppy bogey. 2 lip outs for birdie and the funny thing was it was so simple. It was like a chess game just plotting our way around the course and it was a very enlightening experience.

I then went around with Nathan for another 6 holes and with Alex's words in my head was square so 3 over for 15 holes gave me a lot of positive vibes and confidence about reaching my goals for this year.

Pinglauncher
22nd January 2006, 12:22 PM
Had +1 today in a PAR event. It was stinking hot and very very humid :evil:

Worked hard on my course management today and overall was pretty happy. 3 mental lapses cost me plenty though. :oops:

# Second guessed myself on one hole and attacked a pin which I had no real need to go at in a par event which cost me a wipe.

# Was a little cautious on a lay up on another hole which kicked left off a mound and I was dead behind a tree. Result another wipe.

# The kicker of the day was our 16th hole. Standing on the tee at 3 UP thinking " I don't get a shot on this hole " so lets just par it and move on. I hit a great tee shot that carried the flag all the way and was just a touch long and finished just over the back of the green. Putting straight downhill and leave it about 4 feet short. Next putt hits the back of the hole and stays out :shock: Instead of knocking in the 3 inch putt I pick up the ball and walk off the green. Playing partner then says " you get a shot on that hole " DOH !!!!!

I guess stupidity won the day :wink: but overall very happy with my progress.

Courty
22nd January 2006, 12:36 PM
I had a playing lesson on Friday with our assistant pro who is coaching me. We played 9 holes and worked on course management, strategy and looked at the variations in taking different speeds and lines on the greens.

Shot 3 over from the plates with one wrong club choice costing me a sloppy bogey. 2 lip outs for birdie and the funny thing was it was so simple. It was like a chess game just plotting our way around the course and it was a very enlightening experience.

I then went around with Nathan for another 6 holes and with Alex's words in my head was square so 3 over for 15 holes gave me a lot of positive vibes and confidence about reaching my goals for this year.

Wow. Excellent work PL. Looks like your handicap goal might have to be revised. :wink:

jimandr
22nd January 2006, 09:50 PM
Gee, what's going on here? Nobody playing this week?

Or are you all like me, playing so poorly you don't want to talk about it.

25 points today at Long Reef with Jono, TS and Trung. I'd never played there before, and I suspect some local knowledge helps.

But, a bit of breeze blowing and I just didn't handle it well. Lots of irons into the bunkers to the right when into the breeze, and pulled irons left when downwind. Not a good day.

BrisWesty
22nd January 2006, 09:59 PM
Played 9 holes yesterday after Mrs BW got home to swap parenting duties.
Hadn't played for a couple of weeks so didn't try anything fancy, if got into trouble just hacked it back out onto the fairway.
Had an easy 42, including a penalty shot in a hazard (ending up with double bogey on that hole). Bogey, par, bogey, bogey, par, bogey, double, par, par.
15 putts, 2 GIR, 3 fairways

amanda
23rd January 2006, 07:01 AM
Brad and I played 7 holes on Sat arvo - he shot 4 over with his restricted half swing (from shoulder surgery) and I had heaps over and lost our match by miles. There was definitely way too much thinking going on during my golf swing.

On Sunday, we went to a Golf Achiever seminar - absolutely excellent course on using the power of the mind to achieve want we want out of golf. It requires a lot of dedication, but doing only small things - that will give us great results.

I'm back to being really fired up about golf now :)

Courty
23rd January 2006, 03:12 PM
Gee, what's going on here?  Nobody playing this week?

Or are you all like me, playing so poorly you don't want to talk about it.

That's about the size of it.
I played in the Saturday comp as usual. I thought I had got my game sorted after scoring 19 on the front 9. That myth was quickly put to rest as I stumbled to 12 on the back :oops: for 31 pts total. And to add insult to injury, I played against my regular partner and he kicked my ar$e. :evil:

Flowergirl
23rd January 2006, 09:17 PM
Comp for me doesn't start until next week. I've enjoyed the break - but really looking forward to getting back into it. Have only played two 18's since Xmas and a few 9 hole games. Hitting the ball O/K - but the short game is suffering from the break.
Had a lesson on Saturday and really like how my pro has me swinging the club. Hope that the confidence on the practise fairway can transfer onto the course.