PDA

View Full Version : Another "what coulda been" for the Aussies

hackin jim
5th July 2004, 09:05 AM
Great to see Adam get up last week and this week was looking great for another victory with 3 aussies in the last two groups, Apples, Hensby and Ogilvy. Sadly none of them could break par and creditable top 10 finishes will have to do for this week. :(

Add to that Paul Gow losing the Nationwide event on the 8th hole of a playoff and it really was a "what coulda been" week for the Aussies on tour.

Fishman Dan
5th July 2004, 09:11 AM
Add to that Paul Gow losing the Nationwide event on the 8th hole of a playoff and it really was a "what coulda been" week for the Aussies on tour.

Apparently on the 7th extra hole he had it in the bag, but his opponent chipped in for par to take it to the 8th. I think that's Gowie's 2nd OT loss now this season?

Jarro
5th July 2004, 09:28 AM
I didn't know about Gow being in contention on the Nationwide Tour. Pity he couldn't get the job done :(

I did however get up early this morning to watch the PGA and hopefully see an aussie victory. Poor old Hensby.. he was right there untill that double bogey cost him..and Ogilvy just couldn't sink any putts :roll:

next time :wink:

McMw
7th July 2004, 10:27 PM
I kinda expected Hens and Ogilvy to choke it around...didn't expect a multipe tour winner like Apples to do likewise...very dissapointing!!! :roll:

goughy
8th July 2004, 04:55 AM
This season gow's had a T8, T4, and lost 3 playoff's :shock: .

One of the lost playoff's must have been big because he took 60K+ for coming second. He really does need some lessons from allenby. With his playoff loss in the pga tour in 2001 he's now 0/4 in the states. How much of a difference would winning a couple of those make for him.

But at least he's now getting himself in contention regularily on the nationwide tour. He'll be back on the pga tour next year and maybe his game is coming back into form. It did seem to drop after changing clubs from pgf to nike. :shock:

Fishman Dan
8th July 2004, 08:18 AM
He must be clenching pretty hard, because he loses the ability to make birdies in the playoff holes - he certainly didn't in the previous playoff, but from (vague) memory, i don't think he has birdied any holes in any of these playoffs? That's ok for 1/2 holes playoffs, but you'd think the leaders at the end of 72 holes could make birdie for a win?

Instead it's been a war of attrition, the first to make bogey (or worse) usually loses.

mike
8th July 2004, 10:06 PM
I honestly thought Hensby was gonna win it until he pulled it a mile left on 13 ? or was it 14? Whatever.

He'll win a PGA event before Ogilvy does.