PDA

View Full Version : I'm on my way down there. Advice needed.

mike
21st January 2006, 01:19 AM
I've booked my plane tickets and I fly in Thursday March 9 for my match against Gaz on the saturday or sunday.

Some info first then some advice needed.

1) While I'm in Bris I want to take the family to the Broncos/Cowboys game. I can't find which day this is on. Does anybody know ?

2) Where should we play, keeping in mind I'd like to meet up with as many of you ozgolfers as possible.

3) Having said all this , where should we stay? Where the hell do the Broncos play anyway ? And the wife will want to go shopping while I'm playing golf.

Any ideas would be great. I don't know brisbane at all.

Cheers

Mike

Jarro
21st January 2006, 06:17 AM
mike, it'd be great to catch up with you while you're in town 8) Hopefully we can get a few Ozgolfers to turn up and make a real day of it :wink: Maybe Gaz could start up a thread and initiate a game ... possibly our home course Nudgee :wink: :lol:

The Broncos play the Cowboys on Sunday 12th @ 2pm at Suncorp stadium. Suncorp is a fantastic stadium to watch the footy from .... you'll love it there :D

gazgolf1
21st January 2006, 07:17 AM
Any ideas for a venue guys ? :?

Courty
21st January 2006, 10:12 AM
Go get 'em Mike. :wink: :twisted:

Moe Norman
21st January 2006, 11:18 AM
perhaps Pacific Harbour will be open by then....

I can try and get some tickets to the game for you if you like?

I'm not into league, but tickets for various sports often pass through my office.

As far as accommodation goes, if not ozgolfers can take you in, wotif.com is your best bet. Very cheap rooms at quality hotels. I'd normally offer, but we'll be looking for a place ourselves then as we'll be mid renovations.

gazgolf1
21st January 2006, 11:31 AM
perhaps Pacific Harbour will be open by then....

Good idea Moe. :smt038

http://www.pacificharbour.com.au/

Looks nice. 8)

Jarro
21st January 2006, 04:35 PM
might wanna start a new thread in the 1st tee section Gaz 8)

mike
21st January 2006, 10:58 PM
I'm going to book a motel room.

Which suburb is pretty much central to where I'm going ?

Suncorp Stadium, Pacific Harbour ( if we play there ) The Mall :roll: .

AndyP can you move this thread ?

This doesn't seem the right place to be asking all these questions.

Moe Norman
21st January 2006, 11:20 PM
just stay in the city, its the best bet for mall and suncorp, with pacific harbour being way out of town. I'll volunteer to pick up on the way past if nobody else does.

mike
21st January 2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks Moe.

Jarro
22nd January 2006, 06:16 AM
i second staying in the city.

Suncorp is within walking distance then, and as far as the golf goes ..... someone will pick you up :wink: