PDA

View Full Version : Henrik Stenson

oldracer
16th November 2013, 11:40 AM
Getting back into the game over the last few months I have taken to watching as much golf as possible, read allowed!!!!!, I am in awe at how hard this guy hits the ball, not sure if this is a man crush or not but the hairs stand up on the back of my neck when he compresses the ball as hard as he does on an iron shot. I know Long John gave the ball a fearsome whack and I guess a few others do but is Stenson different to most pro's in his ball striking ability????

madboarder
16th November 2013, 01:38 PM
He rips it has a slight leak of power on the first movement of his downswing when clearing his hips and gets a little steep. Hard to keep it consistent with this action. Can play, awsome striker. Great short game for a big fellow...

Getting back into the game over the last few months I have taken to watching as much golf as possible, read allowed!!!!!, I am in awe at how hard this guy hits the ball, not sure if this is a man crush or not but the hairs stand up on the back of my neck when he compresses the ball as hard as he does on an iron shot. I know Long John gave the ball a fearsome whack and I guess a few others do but is Stenson different to most pro's in his ball striking ability????

sms316
16th November 2013, 01:47 PM
Can obviously play, but anyone who wears the arms of the sunglasses over the outside of their cap looks like a complete spook.

MegaWatty
16th November 2013, 09:52 PM
Can obviously play, but anyone who wears the arms of the sunglasses over the outside of their cap looks like a complete spook.

:(

I think you'll find most do...

matty
16th November 2013, 10:04 PM
I'm with you Oldracer. My favourite player to watch at the moment. Could be a slight man crush :oops:

golf2013
16th November 2013, 10:32 PM
Just shows how when you get on a roll what you can do. It wasnt that long ago he thought about giving up the game.

oldracer
16th November 2013, 11:09 PM
:(

I think you'll find most do... yep SMS, I see lots wearing them that way except Justin Rose, his eye candy isn't out there as much as the others, must just be the lip purse Stenson has when he smashes the sh!t out of it that makes him look spooky

oldracer
16th November 2013, 11:11 PM
Just shows how when you get on a roll what you can do. It wasnt that long ago he thought about giving up the game. didn't know that...his caddy has just bought himself a red Ferrari FFS, bit of cash made this year, wow

oldracer
16th November 2013, 11:20 PM
324 yds to carry fairway bunker, did it by about 20 yards, wow and with a 2 wood!!!!!

oldracer
16th November 2013, 11:23 PM
324 yds to carry fairway bunker, did it by about 20 yards, wow and with a 2 wood!!!!!

mrbluu
17th November 2013, 02:00 AM
I'm with you Oldracer. My favourite player to watch at the moment. Could be a slight man crush :oops: Why would u have a man crush on someone that can't keep up with u.....

oldracer
17th November 2013, 10:49 AM
Why would u have a man crush on someone that can't keep up with u..... Shouldn't u be in bed B, getting ready for the sunday charge up the leader board?????

mrbluu
17th November 2013, 11:35 AM
Shouldn't u be in bed B, getting ready for the sunday charge up the leader board?????

Nah, sleep is overrated...

SundayHack
17th November 2013, 11:39 AM
I get the impression he is one of the biggest wankers on tour. Is playing pretty good golf recently though. Google Henrik Stenson dummy spits, the video of him breaking his club at the US open a few years back and cutting his hand is funny stuff. If Tiger did some of the stuff this guy has done people would be calling for his head. Wanker in my opinion.

sms316
17th November 2013, 11:45 AM
:(I think you'll find most do... They should get headwear that fits properly. It looks odd.

meh
17th November 2013, 01:45 PM
I get the impression he is one of the biggest wankers on tour. Is playing pretty good golf recently though. Google Henrik Stenson dummy spits, the video of him breaking his club at the US open a few years back and cutting his hand is funny stuff. If Tiger did some of the stuff this guy has done people would be calling for his head. Wanker in my opinion.

Tiger's a wanker and a cheat.

Double D
17th November 2013, 11:25 PM
Just looked at the scores $$$$$$ for Stenson. Can't think of a player who goes as hot and cold as this man, good on him.

irishamateur
17th November 2013, 11:33 PM
brilliant to watch him the last few months. His second shot into 18th today topped it off perfectly!

Double D
17th November 2013, 11:43 PM
I don't have Foxsports but just read 68 of 72 GIR, unbelievable.

oldracer
17th November 2013, 11:51 PM
bit of a weirdo, funny sense of humour supposedly but a frikkin machine, just pounds it!!!!!

mrbluu
18th November 2013, 12:43 AM

+1

I'm not a fan either...

oncewasagolfer
18th November 2013, 09:15 AM
Is playing some awesome golf though would be good to see him and Scott go head to head.

Double D
18th November 2013, 09:24 AM
+1

I'm not a fan either...

-1!! He is a champ and loves a laugh.

sms316
18th November 2013, 09:26 AM
He has a very strange recoil action when putting.

mrbluu
18th November 2013, 09:34 AM
-1!! He is a champ and loves a laugh. No he is a temperament git who speaks with an accent therefore he says funny things

Daves
18th November 2013, 09:43 AM
No he is a temperament git who speaks with an accent therefore he says funny things

Rubbish, he is renowned for being one of the quickest and driest wits on the Tour, has been since he joined the tour. He is also a consummate practical joker as well I gather. He has personality, when so many others don't.

Johnny Canuck
18th November 2013, 10:09 AM
Rubbish, he is renowned for being one of the quickest and driest wits on the Tour, has been since he joined the tour. He is also a consummate practical joker as well I gather. He has personality, when so many others don't.

Nailed it.

TheNuclearOne
18th November 2013, 10:47 AM
Nailed it.

x2

Double D
18th November 2013, 11:22 AM
No he is a temperament git who speaks with an accent therefore he says funny things

Or sounds like he says funny things? Those European boys look like they have heaps of fun though, Gmac, Westwood, Poulter and co..

HCC
18th November 2013, 11:36 AM
its exciting to watch him play. very aggressive and crush the balls well. very confident ball striker, i have seen him picking up the tees right after he hits it more often than most.

matty
18th November 2013, 12:51 PM
That second shot in on 18 was RIDICULOUS.

Had to laugh at the celebration and the antics with Poulter.

Double D
18th November 2013, 02:43 PM
x2

Bushka
18th November 2013, 03:38 PM
For someone who is boring and a git he sure seems loved by his peers.

Celebrations on 18 and with his son looked very sincere.

Incredible shot on 18. F### taking it easy.

Jarro
18th November 2013, 07:12 PM
I like the way the guy plays ..... like his swing too, very solid ballstriker.

Lagerlover
18th November 2013, 07:40 PM
I like the way the guy plays ..... like his swing too, very solid ballstriker. So you will enjoy our matchplay...

Johnny Canuck
18th November 2013, 07:42 PM
So you will enjoy our matchplay...

8&7, handshakes at 11?

Dotty
18th November 2013, 07:48 PM
Lagerlover's ballstriking reminds me of Payne Stewart.

Flies a long way, and lands in the middle of nowhere.

:)

Johnny Canuck
18th November 2013, 07:51 PM
Lagerlover's ballstriking reminds me of Payne Stewart.

Flies a long way, and lands in the middle of nowhere.

:)

Ouch.

Jarro
18th November 2013, 07:54 PM

I thought you'd already won the whole matchplay debacle ?

Are you shank free yet ? I don't think i can handle watching hosel rockets for 18 holes.

Vice MC
18th November 2013, 07:54 PM
Hot Wife....Check

TheNuclearOne
18th November 2013, 07:56 PM
I thought you'd already won the whole matchplay debacle ?

Are you shank free yet ? I don't think i can handle watching hosel rockets for 18 holes.

:lol:

matty
18th November 2013, 08:55 PM
Hot Wife....Check

Haha, thought the same thing. Well, she is Swedish after all.

He's won $19mill this year. Even his caddie just bought a red Ferrari.

Bushka
18th November 2013, 09:08 PM
What about the lovely lady waiting for the Spanish swinger when Jimenez walked off 18. Looked about 25 years younger and quiet athletic.

Must be his little pot belly.