PDA

View Full Version : Caution Ducks crossing

markTHEblake
16th November 2013, 10:20 AM
There is these little signs gone up all over my club, " caution ducks crossing".

It turns out two weeks ago, a golfer "Darren" has teed off our 6th hole, and there was a few ducks about 20m in front of him and as you can imagine the ducks head was down and tail was up. Darren scored a hole in one but unfortunately for him he was unable to to retrieve the ball to mount it. The Duck was trying to walk but as you can imagine it was difficult, imagine the equivalent of a soccer ball up your bum?

There was much discussion about what to do next, play again from tee, use a sand iron, not sure of the rule but the duck wouldn't stay still for long enough In the end he took a wipe because he was an emotional mess, combination of laughter and sadness at losing his Precept.

20 mins later they returned to the tee, could not find the duck. The next morning, half a duck was found nearby, but still couldn't find the ball.

Honestly this sounds like something Lagerlover would have done, except I think he would have had no hesitation in getting his ball back.

BenM
16th November 2013, 08:17 PM
I would've tried to herd the duck somewhere towards the green personally and then fed it some greens laced with Metamucil. But then that plan does require a certain degree of preparation.

markTHEblake
16th November 2013, 08:22 PM
Speaking of Lagerlover, he claims to have made a modest contribution to this thread. I imagine it was a bit to tasteless even by his standards...

Captain Nemo
16th November 2013, 09:05 PM
DC cleaned up some sort of Duck on our last hole yesty at Royal Pines!
Saved him a shot I'd say?

Ron Burgundy
16th November 2013, 09:10 PM
I'm a little concerned they only found half the duck. Just how badly did someone want that gently used precept?

dc68
16th November 2013, 09:12 PM
3 at least.

PeteyD
17th November 2013, 12:17 AM
#binhshanking

mrbluu
17th November 2013, 12:22 AM
#binhpostinginthewrongthread