PDA

View Full Version : My latest driver idea

Golfgirl
4th July 2004, 11:49 AM
:idea: My latest driver idea....

I have just ordered a new shaft for a Titleist 975D that hubby had in the garage.... I'm putting a Grafalloy Attack Lite ladies flex shaft in - I wanted something with a lower kick point because it only has 9.5* loft, and I normally use an 11* driver, but this has a mid kick point - so who knows?

I took the club out yesterday for a bash with the Stiff shaft in it, just to see if I could even get it in the air (hubby didn't think I would be able to), and I was hitting it nearly the same distance as I hit my current driver, but the stiff shaft felt terribly uncomfortable - I felt like I had to turn my hands over really quick to square the clubface, and when I didn't I hit massive blocks.....

Are any of you using Grafalloy shafts? They are awful cheap (cost price for me of course) - does this mean that it's likely to be crap?? :? Is it really a case of what you spend is what you get???

AndyP
4th July 2004, 04:10 PM
I have just ordered a new shaft for a Titleist 975D that hubby had in the garage.

Are any of you using Grafalloy shafts? They are awful cheap (cost price for me of course) - does this mean that it's likely to be crap?? :? Is it really a case of what you spend is what you get???

Vegas has a Titleist 975 or something like that, with a Grafalloy Blue shaft. He might have some feedback for you.

Jarro
4th July 2004, 04:23 PM
don't think that a "blue" is the sort of shaft you should be mucking around with GG :roll:

senecio
4th July 2004, 04:24 PM
I bought a 975D second hand with a Grafalloy Prolite 35-s shaft.

Everyone I spoke to told me that they are a pretty good shaft but can't comment much myself. It was much too stiff for me so I had it changed to a DG R300 shaft.

I did try an SMT driver with a Grafalloy Blue at Terry's launch monitor night and it felt very nice. Probably the best combination of the drivers that I tried.

Ryan

nick
4th July 2004, 04:37 PM
The 975D is one of the best heads ever, and all Graffaloy shafts seem to go very well in them, however, I have not used one with a ladies ahft, in fact, I have never seen a D with a ladies shaft.

The only problem I see may be the launch angle, it is a low launching head, but if you get a shaft with the right kick-point, you should be fine.

Nick

AndyP
4th July 2004, 05:45 PM
don't think that a "blue" is the sort of shaft you should be mucking around with GG :roll:
GG was asking about the general quality of Graffaloy shafts, not specifically the Blue. :roll:

McMw
5th July 2004, 12:14 AM
GG, the ladies shaft should be allright...graffaloy are great shafts...
considering that it's not going to cost you anymore than the cost of the shaft, why not... :wink:

I might reshaft my 983 with the ProLite 35s... :roll:
I'm just annoyed with my whole golf atm... :roll:

BrisVegas
5th July 2004, 07:21 AM
Hi Golfgirl,

Sounds like a good combo to me. I used to have a 975D (2001-2003) with a Grafalloy ProLite 35s. Great shaft. In fact, I reshafted with that shaft again when the first one cracked (no fault of the shaft, just the goose who installed it).

I'm not too sure of the ladies shafts. From a quality point of view, they'd be fine for sure. It's just a matter of whether it gives you the launch angle and shape you want. Can't hurt to give it a try though.

I think Karrie Webb used to use a 975D. She probably had a stiff shaft in it though! :wink:

Good luck!

Dion

Golfgirl
5th July 2004, 09:59 AM
The 975D is one of the best heads ever, and all Graffaloy shafts seem to go very well in them, however, I have not used one with a ladies ahft, in fact, I have never seen a D with a ladies shaft.

The only problem I see may be the launch angle, it is a low launching head, but if you get a shaft with the right kick-point, you should be fine.

Nick

Yeah Nick - I've been told that launch angle could be the problem... I wanted a low kick point shaft to help compensate, but it may not be that much of an issue as my ball flight has always been reasonably high. (Put it this way - I thought it was encouraging that I was able to even get the ball out there with a Stiff shaft in it :shock: )

Well, thanks for the feedback guys, guess I'll have to wait till the shaft gets here to be able to tell... :wink: