PDA

View Full Version : What's the go with Aus and phone and data plans compared to the rest of the.....

goughy
1st November 2013, 07:56 AM
western world?

Are we ripped one compared to others? Not that I've looked, but it seems other countries (US etc) get much better data access etc. With the new nexus phones out today, with fixed onboard memory it seems it's becoming more about streaming stuff than storing it on your phone. Things like pandora, google music, etc. Doesn't apple have one of those these days?

and what are some of these other companies like these days? Clikchic and I are thinking of giving iinet a go next time. Neither of us plan on upgrading phones and it would cost us half as much for more data and calls, and it's spose to use the optus network. But I've heard people say that when the network is busy optus customers get priority etc and others can get bumped. Is this the case?

Yossarian
1st November 2013, 11:04 AM
yada yada yada.

Lagerlover
1st November 2013, 06:57 PM
Telstra letter today, local calls going up from 45 to 49c, not a bad little increase.

Peppas
3rd November 2013, 05:24 PM
We are getting ripped.

Was in the UK for just over a week and had a UK number - 10 quid (just under $20) got me 1 gig data, 500mins of calls and unlimited SMS.

Steve57
3rd November 2013, 05:33 PM
We are getting ripped.

Was in the UK for just over a week and had a UK number - 10 quid (just under $20) got me 1 gig data, 500mins of calls and unlimited SMS.In the US in August we got unlimited local calls, unlimited sms and 250 mins of overseas calls for $30 for one month.

Peppas
3rd November 2013, 05:40 PM
Yep we are getting ripped :)

Bruce
3rd November 2013, 06:24 PM
I got 2GB for $12 in a 3rd world communist dicatorship.

markTHEblake
3rd November 2013, 06:37 PM
in the UK for just over a week and had a UK number - 10 quid (just under $20) got me 1 gig data, 500mins of calls and unlimited SMS.

I get pretty much that for $12 a month here with Live Connected. Its a granfathered plan, but in any case there is a few options for $20 or less for about that same.

Double D
3rd November 2013, 06:43 PM
Don't we get ripped off here for everything though? I mean food, electricity, golf clubs for exapmle.

Grunt
3rd November 2013, 06:46 PM
The US get smashed harder than us for mobile internet access but the plans are dirt cheap for calls, you pay both ways for calls & SMS though.

goughy
3rd November 2013, 06:49 PM
Really. I thought they'd have much better mobile internet plans.

mike
3rd November 2013, 06:50 PM
We are getting ripped.Was in the UK for just over a week and had a UK number - 10 quid (just under $20) got me 1 gig data, 500mins of calls and unlimited SMS. We were in the UK last year. For about 15 quid we had all the local calls and texts and SMS we could ever need, and unlimited data. Their catch cry was 'all the data you can eat'.

Grunt
3rd November 2013, 06:56 PM
Really. I thought they'd have much better mobile internet plans.

$50 for $500 calls and 500Mb for data, was over a $1/Mb after that.