PDA

View Full Version : Good dentist in Brisbane

gazgolf1
31st October 2013, 03:01 PM
Anyone got a good dentist they can recommend in Brisbane? I have to get a tooth ripped out and wouldn't mind not being awake for the process.

goughy
31st October 2013, 03:28 PM
Can I also suggest alternating panadeine forte and nurofen afterwards. Every three hours was glorious for me. One of mine, the guy nearly had his knee on my chest trying to get it out. Think it was nearly half an hour, with a lot of cutting, breaking etc. Fun to listen to. Was pretty much a surgical removal in the end.

Hope you feel better now :)

shazza_rs
31st October 2013, 03:33 PM
We go to Coopers Plains Dental Group and see Summer Kim. She is pretty good with me (I've never had anything more than a clean though). Pete has had more work done and said she has been good. We've never had teeth pulled though.

Marto65
31st October 2013, 03:37 PM
Dean Castrisos at Cooparoo. He's a mate of mine ... does good work. And he has a couple of hot assistants.

sms316
31st October 2013, 03:44 PM
Dean Castrisos at Cooparoo. He's a mate of mine ... does good work. And he has a couple of hot assistants. I think he wants to reduce swelling.

Daves
31st October 2013, 03:47 PM
You could pick a fight in a pub, and lose the tooth and conscientiousness in quick succession. Yeah, I know, not ideal, but a lot cheaper than a Dentist!:wink:

gazgolf1
31st October 2013, 04:05 PM
Can I also suggest alternating panadeine forte and nurofen afterwards. Every three hours was glorious for me. One of mine, the guy nearly had his knee on my chest trying to get it out. Think it was nearly half an hour, with a lot of cutting, breaking etc. Fun to listen to. Was pretty much a surgical removal in the end.

Hope you feel better now :)

Hoping to avoid the knee on the chest thing ;)

Eldrick
31st October 2013, 04:24 PM
Never go to a women dentist for an extraction. Not strong enough to get it out quick and firmly.
I just went to a guy that gave me a $160 discount. He knew I wasn't a regular dentist goer so I guess he was trying to make sure I want to go back to him

damoocow
31st October 2013, 05:24 PM
Sure Dental at Wavell Heights - been going there for about 12 years - very good indeed

markTHEblake
31st October 2013, 07:13 PM
If you don't want to be awake then it can't be done in a chair. You will need to see an oral surgeon and get booked into a hospital for operation under GA.

And your health insurance will pay back stuff all for the extraction

goughy
31st October 2013, 08:27 PM
Jasmine had 4 filings done when she was small in private hospital, under a general, by our usual dentist. She was freaking out too much in his chair. Was day surgery only and didn't cost us anything with or phc in the end.

Ferrins
31st October 2013, 08:30 PM
Billybaub