PDA

View Full Version : Vic: Wed 13th Nov - Eynesbury GC, Wools V LeftyHoges

LeftyHoges
29th October 2013, 05:13 PM
Hey Mexicans,

I've got the entire day off work the Wednesday before QLD champs and don't have to be at the airport until 7:00PM so I may as well get a game in somewhere.

Obviously Eynesbury is a bit out of Melbourne so not expecting anyone to be available but just thought I'd throw it out there. Also, open to course suggestions but my time-frame must be taken into consideration and I'd prefer to play comp.

Northern GC could also be an option.

Accuweather says the day will be 21° and no wind so the course should be not-so-impossible.

Let me know.

P.S. We could also go play Yarra Yarra for $175. :lol:

spanner039
29th October 2013, 05:27 PM
Darn, am in Bendigo that day

If it gets cancelled I'll play, have only played twice since the Vic champs.

LeftyHoges
29th October 2013, 05:29 PM
Darn, am in Bendigo that day

If it gets cancelled I'll play, have only played twice since the Vic champs.

Noted Cam.

Better get out there and practice buddy. No Jack Bauer this year!

Wools
29th October 2013, 07:23 PM
Happy to host at Peninsula, could play both courses if you can get there earlier enough but this is miles out of your way coming from the other side. I am actually supposed to be in Werribee that day so could rearrange rather than cancel and could play Eynesbury in the morning.

LeftyHoges
29th October 2013, 07:34 PM
Happy to host at Peninsula, could play both courses if you can get there earlier enough but this is miles out of your way coming from the other side. I am actually supposed to be in Werribee that day so could rearrange rather than cancel and could play Eynesbury in the morning.

Unfortunately due to the 4.5 hr drive I won't be able to make it to Melbourne until 12ish so afternoon only. As much as I'd LOVE to play Peninsula again it just wouldn't work. Thanks though.

Can't do Eynesbury in the arvo? Would be good to play our matchplay! :lol:

Wools
29th October 2013, 07:45 PM
What time were you thinking of playing at Eynesbury? I'll see if I can rearrange a few things

LeftyHoges
29th October 2013, 07:46 PM
What time were you thinking of playing at Eynesbury? I'll see if I can rearrange a few things

Prefer 1:00 at the earliest. Just so that I don't have to be up at Sparrows fart. :-)

Wools
30th October 2013, 07:40 PM
Would 2pm be ok?

Wools
30th October 2013, 08:27 PM
Bugger, had to rearrange something at work so now could play morning/early afternoon but would new to be leaving Eynesbury at 3:30pm at the latest

LeftyHoges
31st October 2013, 07:44 AM
Bugger, had to rearrange something at work so now could play morning/early afternoon but would new to be leaving Eynesbury at 3:30pm at the latest

Hmmm, could maybe make that work. 4 hr drive so would have to be leaving home fairly early but that's no big deal.

Anyone know how long it would take for either 2 or 4 blokes to play Stableford at Eynesbury in carts?

Waddzy
31st October 2013, 07:49 AM
Hmmm, could maybe make that work. 4 hr drive so would have to be leaving home fairly early but that's no big deal.

Anyone know how long it would take for either 2 or 4 blokes to play Stableford at Eynesbury in carts?

Would probably depend on the shank count of the day?

mint
1st November 2013, 09:20 AM
would love to play mate but at the Holden Scramble Champs :)

Wools
5th November 2013, 03:51 PM
Hi Lefty, I have made sure I have nothing that morning so as long as I can be on my way by 3:30pm happy to start at any time.

LarryLong
5th November 2013, 04:20 PM
Eynesbury is usually a slow round. It's long, you don't find balls easily, and there are a few long trips from green to the next tee. On the weekends it is a 5 hour minimum in my experience, but it might be much quicker on a weekday.

LeftyHoges
5th November 2013, 05:05 PM
Hi Lefty, I have made sure I have nothing that morning so as long as I can be on my way by 3:30pm happy to start at any time.

So tee off at 11AM Wools? I'll be screaming into the car park on 2 wheels but should be able to get there.

Wools
6th November 2013, 09:39 AM
Sounds great, see you then

LeftyHoges
6th November 2013, 12:27 PM
Sounds great, see you then

I'll book it in. Did you want a cart? May help with speed. $20 each.

Wools
6th November 2013, 08:00 PM
Happy to have a cart to speed things up

LeftyHoges
6th November 2013, 08:48 PM
Happy to have a cart to speed things up

Done and done. Spare spots everywhere at the moment. Hopefully we don't have anyone around us all day.

spanner039
6th November 2013, 09:09 PM
I'll be screaming into the car park on 2 wheels.

Have we found zigwah's brother ?

LeftyHoges
6th November 2013, 11:30 PM
Have we found zigwah's brother ?

Ha ha. I can polish off a slab of Jack Daniels on the way round too.

Has anyone checked Scott Laycock's schedule?

LeftyHoges
12th November 2013, 05:05 PM
Changing the title of the thread, as it's only Wools and myself to play our much anticipated VIC MatchPlay game.

Stay tuned for updates throughout the day, 11AM kickoff.

How many shots do I have to give?

Wools
12th November 2013, 11:02 PM
Hi Lefty, off a bandits 16 at the moment. Hope you have your wet weather gear packed as looks like it may be a bit damp!

LeftyHoges
13th November 2013, 08:46 AM
Hi Lefty, off a bandits 16 at the moment. Hope you have your wet weather gear packed as looks like it may be a bit damp!

14 shots. Most excellent. :lol:

Why do I get the feeling I'm about to have my arse handed to me?

Has been raining non-stop from Portland to Mortlake.

Wools
13th November 2013, 10:47 AM
Just arrived and the rain has stopped

Waddzy
13th November 2013, 12:29 PM
where's the gamebook updates.. need to know lefty's form.

LeftyHoges
13th November 2013, 01:05 PM
where's the gamebook updates.. need to know lefty's form.

There you go Waddzy, hitting it decent enough but the greens were cored 2 weeks ago. Have missed 2 putts under 2 feet.

On a side note Wools is longer off the tee than I am and hasn't missed a fairway yet.

Wools 3up at the turn.

LeftyHoges
13th November 2013, 01:32 PM
Lefty back to 1dn through 11, but now 2dn through 12.

Waddzy
13th November 2013, 01:47 PM
There you go Waddzy, hitting it decent enough but the greens were cored 2 weeks ago. Have missed 2 putts under 2 feet.

On a side note Wools is longer off the tee than I am and hasn't missed a fairway yet.

Wools 3up at the turn.

Sandbagging at its best ;)

LarryLong
13th November 2013, 02:09 PM
Sandbagging or sand-gagging?

LeftyHoges
13th November 2013, 03:49 PM
I stand corrected, Wools topped his first tee shot which was a few metres short of the fairway. He then proceeded to hit 12 of the next 13. And LONG.

16th par 5, 510m, I'm Dormie 3. I crunch a drive down the right side with a 5 yard fade. Wools steps up and cracks it 30 past me!

Alright, he's still a 16 handicapper, he can screw this up from here. Bang. 230m hybrid to the back of the green. Even if I birdie (an impossible task on those greens) he's still got 3 putts for the win!

40km winds, pissing down rain (I had to wring out my underwear after the game) and he goes and shoots a lazy 34 points, bogeying the last 2 from nowhere so should've been 36.

Laser straight drives, even straighter irons, solid under pressure, the bloke can play!

Thanks very much for the game Richard, it was an absolute pleasure to meet and play with you, and I swear to god, if you don't win the VIC matchplay then someone has played out of their skin! :lol:

Well played mate!

LarryLong
13th November 2013, 04:06 PM
Nice work Wools!

If it's any consolation Lefty, you're not the first person to be comprehensively towelled up by our mild-mannered rocket-launching straight-shooting super-bandit. I didn't have to wring out my underwear afterwards though. :shock:

Wools
19th November 2013, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the game Lefty. Sorry for the ridiculously belated reply but work has been a little mental.

It was great to meet you and I hope you had a fantastic time at the QLD champs.

Like any mid teens handicapper I have the ability to play ok some days then others I have 6 lost balls and spend the rest if the time chipping out sideways!! Luckily (for me) had a decent driving day, apart from the 1st where I was lucky to make the ladies tee then with 2 shots to get out of the sand thought it was going to be a very long day.

I'm hoping I may be able to make some of the Vic champs days so will hopefully see you then, otherwise you are always welcome for a game at Peninsula if you are over this side of the city.