PDA

View Full Version : Narrabeen/Northern Beaches Golf Centre possibly closing

pingping
28th October 2013, 01:09 AM
Haven't seen anything posted yet about Narrabeen driving range possibly closing. Council is putting the lease up for tender. Any credit stored up needs to be used by the 15th November 2013.

http://www.northernbeachesgolf.com.au/page.php?pageid=410

(http://www.northernbeachesgolf.com.au/page.php?pageid=410)Apparently there was a council meeting last Monday discussing the lease. Has anyone else got further updates? Already lost my other driving ranges I frequented, Macquarie Uni, Sydney Olympic Park. Would hate to see another popular range closed.

Captain Nemo
28th October 2013, 08:37 AM
Geez, that will upset a few on here....

mrbluu
28th October 2013, 09:01 AM
Haven't seen anything posted yet about Narrabeen driving range possibly closing. Council is putting the lease up for tender. Any credit stored up needs to be used by the 15th November 2013.

http://www.northernbeachesgolf.com.au/page.php?pageid=410

(http://www.northernbeachesgolf.com.au/page.php?pageid=410)Apparently there was a council meeting last Monday discussing the lease. Has anyone else got further updates? Already lost my other driving ranges I frequented, Macquarie Uni, Sydney Olympic Park. Would hate to see another popular range closed.

Looks like the current operators are potentially loosing the lease there, but the range itself is not closing down. Virge will be the man in the know with this.

Captain Nemo
28th October 2013, 09:10 AM
Hahahaha, Virge should buy the lease!

pingping
28th October 2013, 10:00 AM
Hahahaha, Virge should buy the lease!

He definately has enough equipment lying around to stock the proshop and then some as well.

I hope the current operators get the lease back. Have no complaints of how they manage the range.

KristianJ
26th November 2013, 09:54 PM
Any developments on this? I'm thinking about making the Thur night pilgrimage this week and am keen to arrive at a range that's open for business, otherwise I'll go to Thornleigh.

virge666
26th November 2013, 10:29 PM
See you Thursday.. They are still waiting on a decision.

Business as usual

mrbluu
26th November 2013, 10:31 PM
See you Thursday.. They are still waiting on a decision. Business as usual I hope they move the range closer to me ;-)

goughy
27th November 2013, 06:59 AM
We're gonna lose the only driving range up here some time in the future. The land is privately owned and the owners have gotten development approval for house blocks. We're gonna be stuffed. Kids get free weekly lessons there, and our clubs driving range is beyond sub par. I haven't been on it for years now, but I'd be lucky to play more than 7i on it.

Dotty
2nd January 2014, 12:39 PM
The gates were locked last Thursday, when I went to catch up with Virge. (I wondered whether it was just closed for Xmas and Boxing Days.)

I tried phoning just now, and it just rung out.

mrbluu
2nd January 2014, 10:00 PM
The gates were locked last Thursday, when I went to catch up with Virge. (I wondered whether it was just closed for Xmas and Boxing Days.)

I tried phoning just now, and it just rung out.

I msg my mate who has taken over the lease to see when they are going to open up!!!

mrbluu
3rd January 2014, 08:26 AM
I msg my mate who has taken over the lease to see when they are going to open up!!!

He said Feb 8.....

virge666
3rd January 2014, 03:18 PM
It has been open for the last few days.

Council rejected all the tenders... not sure what happens now.

davepuppies
4th January 2014, 12:55 PM
Can't be built on, it is a reclaimed tip site....... Will have to be some sort of open space if they choose not to keep it a golf facility.

Dotty
4th January 2014, 12:58 PM
Can't be built on, it is a reclaimed tip site....... Will have to be some sort of open space if they choose not to keep it a golf facility.
Refugee processing centre?

virge666
4th January 2014, 01:02 PM
Refugee processing centre?

The insular peninsula does not have that kind of thing

Dotty
4th January 2014, 01:12 PM
The insular peninsula does not have that kind of thing
Forget those half-arsed Christmas Island attempts.

If they show enough determination to get to the Narrabeen Lagoon boat ramp, then they must be true refugees.