PDA

View Full Version : 2014 AFL Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Pieface
25th October 2013, 03:12 PM
Dorkers pick up Gumbleton.

That could be a great pickup if he can get on the park.

What's your club been doing during the trade period?

AndyP
25th October 2013, 03:32 PM
Oh Boy! Big boy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19lLBjAfIjI

LarryLong
25th October 2013, 05:31 PM
I actually sent that BT clip to a hawks mate when the trade went through. McEvoy is a great pickup, but you wouldn't want to be watching the hawks on TV all year with that going on.

2014 is going to be the year of the tiger, obviously. So much so, that we decided to piss away pick 28 for Hampson for fun and give away some of our mature depth players (White, McGuane, Nahas) for nothing. Who knows, Hampson might actually go OK if he gets a decent run in the ruck and doesn't drop 80% of his marks like he did at Carlton.

Brisbane fans would be feeling pretty pissed off at life in general at the moment, I'm guessing.

markTHEblake
25th October 2013, 06:30 PM
Dorkers pick up Gumbleton.That could be a great pickup if he can get on the park.What's your club been doing during the trade period?Offloaded an injury prone and a angry prone for some youth. Collingwood doing OK plus still has picks 6 & 10

Hatchman
25th October 2013, 07:24 PM
Thanks to Brisbane driving players out my team got Polec. Watched a fair bit of this lad play for the wiggles in the SANFL before he got drafted.
A very good get if his head is right.

AndyP
25th October 2013, 09:32 PM
Collingwood and St Kilda both did well in the trade period in the end.

Brisbane got screwed by players walking out. Something must be wrong there.

BrisWesty
25th October 2013, 09:44 PM
The Cats let go Chapman, JPod, JHunt and Bris-West,T and Corey retired.

The level of angst amongst supporters was OTT. I hope that Wellsy shows his previous recruiting skill in picking up hidden gems from the lower levels of the draft.

Shadesy
25th October 2013, 09:53 PM
Blues keeping Bootsma was obviously the win of the draft.

markTHEblake
25th October 2013, 09:56 PM
I still cant get over Collingwood delisting Jolly - that left them with a rookie that has not even played 10 games as the No 1 ruckman. Sure he looks good, and Jolly is old and had a few injuries but surely he was good for another year to bring the young fella's along, or at least offer for a trade? Only a year before and he was a critical member of the team.

Maybe old ruckman are not worth dime a dozen these days.

WBennett
25th October 2013, 10:12 PM
Jolly was busted this year and half the player of 2 years ago. Not worth the $ he was after.

AndyP
26th October 2013, 01:32 PM
Has Hudson retired for the 7th time or is he going around again?

bergsey
26th October 2013, 05:42 PM
I hope Nicnat finally gets over his groin injuries in 2014 and develops into a consistent player. They are bad news and some players never really recover from them

AndyP
30th October 2013, 04:58 PM
Former pick no 4, Tambling, got delisted again. I bet he would love 10 million over 9 years, like the #5 pick that year.

Yossarian
30th October 2013, 05:04 PM
DDD dddelisted. I like this Simpson.

Yossarian
30th October 2013, 05:08 PM
And Morton. Wouldn't have minded retaining him and ****ing McGinnity off.

bergsey
30th October 2013, 08:32 PM
Seriously? Mcginnity at least has a bit of mongrel, will be missed with Kerr's retirement. You think we would have learnt after the first Morton ...

Yossarian
30th October 2013, 08:37 PM
Seriously, I love the little honey badgers mongrel and hardness but his disposal is shithouse and you can't get away with that anymore.

Morton has some seriously good attributes he is just a pussy. I was hoping maybe one more year of Woosha would add some stones. Yeo coming has probably killed off his role.

bergsey
31st October 2013, 12:41 AM
What we need is some speed through the midfield, too one-paced. Yeo is quick but would logically fill the HBF role. Ash Smith is also pretty quick if he ever bothers to get out of first gear...

AndyP
31st October 2013, 10:04 AM
It's almost time for my annual bleat about the FIXture. Maybe I shouldn't bother this year, since my team won despite getting a bullshit draw.

simmsy
31st October 2013, 10:44 AM
Im happy cause freo don't have to travel to the foreign land to play hawks.

AndyP
31st October 2013, 10:47 AM
Tasmania has hosted a grand final preview the last two years (Sydney then Freo). Looks like it might be a Hawks/Eagles grand final this year.

I've seen the FIXture now. It's ****ed as usual.

simmsy
31st October 2013, 10:53 AM
Ill swap ya

A Victorian team saying the draw is ****ed is laughable. Travel as much as the WA teams and then maybe you can start to whine.

I heard poor old Collingwood have to tvl 5 times this year. Poor babies.

AndyP
31st October 2013, 11:00 AM
A Victorian team saying the draw is ****ed is laughable. Travel as much as the WA teams and then maybe you can start to whine. I didn't mention travel as the reason for a shit FIXture. All teams should have to deal with travel. Inequities over several seasons and favouritism towards some sides is what shits me.

meh
31st October 2013, 11:02 AM
I didn't mention travel as the reason for a shit FIXture. All teams should have to deal with travel. Inequities over several seasons and favouritism towards some sides is what shits me.

Yep.

Yossarian
31st October 2013, 11:03 AM
I really don't get why a WA team always has to travel to tasmania.

AndyP
31st October 2013, 11:04 AM
I really don't get why a WA team always has to travel to tasmania.Because the AFL likes to send teams there that would only attract seagulls if they were at the MCG. Not that it has stopped them from giving Hawthorn plenty of other seagull games at the G.

Yossarian
31st October 2013, 11:09 AM
I get the point but there a Melbourne teams that West Coast and Freo would easily outpoint at the G that don't get sent to Tas and it isn't a stupid long flight for them.

bergsey
31st October 2013, 11:14 AM
Yoss, get over it the competition will never be even. Eddie likes to whinge yet ignores the preferential treatment given to the pies each year

AndyP
31st October 2013, 11:19 AM
I get the point but there a Melbourne teams that West Coast and Freo would easily outpoint at the G that don't get sent to Tas and it isn't a stupid long flight for them.
Brisbane, Gold Coast, West Coast and Bulldogs this year.
North got sent there often, but are now have their Hobart games.
Melbourne never seem to get sent there for some reason.
St Kilda have before, but don't seem to now.

AndyP
31st October 2013, 11:20 AM
Yoss, get over it the competition will never be even. Until each side plays each other twice (which will never happen) or they set up a conference system, I'll never get over it.

Shadesy
31st October 2013, 11:20 AM
The draw isn't fair unless you play everyone twice.

Get over it. The best team wins most times. If you are good enough you'll win.

3Puttpete
31st October 2013, 11:21 AM
Ill swap ya

A Victorian team saying the draw is ****ed is laughable. Travel as much as the WA teams and then maybe you can start to whine.

I heard poor old Collingwood have to tvl 5 times this year. Poor babies.

You poor WAnkers need to stop your crying and stick to the waffle if you don't like it.

For every time a WA team travels, they also have a significant home ground advantage when someone travels to play over there. Collingwood receive no such advantage.

They play home games against Geelong, Essendon, Carlton and Hawthorn at the MCG which is also the opposition's home ground.
Add to this a home game against Freo at the docklands.

Is there any chance the weagles or dockers wanna move 5 home games to neutral venues?

Yossarian
31st October 2013, 11:21 AM
I don't expect a fair draw as it is impossible. The tas thing is just weird though.

bergsey
31st October 2013, 11:23 AM
My suggestion years ago, every team plays each other once. Alternate home/away each year. 18 round season

Shadesy
31st October 2013, 11:27 AM
My suggestion years ago, every team plays each other once. Alternate home/away each year. 18 round season

I would shorten games, merge teams and make it a 30 Round season.

Roos might not lose so many in 90 minute games.

AndyP
31st October 2013, 11:27 AM
Get over it. The best team wins most times. If you are good enough you'll win.There's more to it than winning; there's the money side of things too.

Shadesy
31st October 2013, 11:30 AM
There's more to it than winning; there's the money side of things too.

Hawks pet memberships not doing well?

AndyP
31st October 2013, 11:33 AM
Haven't seen any at games, so they mustn't be.

markTHEblake
31st October 2013, 11:42 AM
Wankers. The AFL pays the airfares so why all the whinging about travelling so much.

bergsey
31st October 2013, 11:56 AM
I'd rather sleep in my own bed than be on a plane and hotel each fortnight. Perhaps the interstate teams can get a FIFO allowance ?

Golfnut
31st October 2013, 12:56 PM
I would shorten games, merge teams and make it a 30 Round season. With you there Shadesy....merge weaker clubs, play every team twice, less money coming from the AFL coffers to prop up crap clubs....longer season means more money all round potentially. Have slightly bigger lists, 20min quarters is plenty considering they'll end around 25mins anyway.Down side is there will be obviously be even more travel for interstate clubs but then they'd/we'd have nothing to complain about.

AndyP
1st November 2013, 12:59 PM
Scott Watters gone. Maybe it's time for St Kilda to go too.

chappy1970
1st November 2013, 01:12 PM
Get stuffed AP

3Puttpete
1st November 2013, 01:21 PM
St Kilda fans say it's a weird experience supporting a dysfunctional club.'This is unprecedented in our history.'

@TitusOReilly

AndyP
1st November 2013, 01:33 PM
Round 1 Saturday, March 22
STK v MELB

Round 2 Saturday, March 29
STK v GWS

If the new St Kilda coach gets off to a 0-2 start, will they get sacked?

Ashes
1st November 2013, 01:38 PM
Round 1 Saturday, March 22
STK v MELB

Round 2 Saturday, March 29
STK v GWS

If the new St Kilda coach gets off to a 0-2 start, will they get sacked?

If?

Hatchman
1st November 2013, 09:25 PM
St Kilda. What a happy club to be at and be a part of atm.

What odds is Tom giving for the spoon 2014?

Yossarian
1st November 2013, 11:42 PM
You always expect the Saints to pull this kind of thing but that is really weird timing.

Jackson
2nd November 2013, 12:33 AM
He was a strange choice to begin with, but as Yoss said, really weird timing.
Watters was saying this morning that he had the full support of the board and that the president had given him a strong indication that his job was safe. A few hours later and he is in the unemployment line, another of Malthouse's failed protégés.

Hatchman
2nd November 2013, 01:44 AM
It's always going to be a problem when boards think the clubs list is better than what it is.
They get their panties in a bind when the coach tells them some home truths about where the list really is at and what it will take to change it.

Yossarian
13th February 2014, 12:26 PM
The dockers are still shit.

bergsey
13th February 2014, 11:10 PM
What coach will be sacked this year?

AndyP
14th February 2014, 06:55 AM
Leppisch?

3Puttpete
14th February 2014, 08:06 AM
Hird

LarryLong
14th February 2014, 09:38 AM
Buckley?

LeftyHoges
14th February 2014, 09:48 AM

Buckley?

God, we can only hope. If there's ever been a man more undeserving of an AFL coaching role it's him.

Ashes
14th February 2014, 10:16 AM
God, we can only hope. If there's ever been a man more undeserving of an AFL coaching role it's him.

Voss? No prior experience for memory.

Hird? Ditto.

Grant Thomas? Got the job through influence.

bergsey
14th February 2014, 10:47 AM
Surely the tigers will go back to their old ways and sack hardwick after they finish 9th?

WBennett
14th February 2014, 11:31 AM
Bucks undeserving? More deserving than Knights, Voss, Hird off the top of my head.

3Puttpete
14th February 2014, 11:38 AM
Bucks undeserving? More deserving than Knights, Voss, Hird off the top of my head.

Both non-winners. Equally crap decisions

LarryLong
14th February 2014, 12:04 PM
I think Bucks deserves to be a coach, on the proviso that Collingwood never wins anything during his tenure. He carries himself pretty well and seems like a reasonable coach, but it will bring a warm glow to my heart if he coaches for ten years and misses out on the ultimate prize by the barest of margins.

I always felt sorry for Knights - classic rebuild whipping boy at Essendon, did all the hard yards resurrecting the mess that Sheedy left their list in, got them into the finals when they didn't deserve to be there, then had one off year and they couldn't punt him quickly enough when golden child Hirdy put his hand up.

Richmond's coach sacking reputation is ancient history. Wallace and Frawley both lasted 5 years and Hardwick is in his 5th year and looks to be well and truly ensconced. Even counting Rawlings, who was caretaker for a third of a season when Wallace decided not to coach out his contract, that's only 4 coaches since 2000. Not bad for a club that was terrible for most of that time.

Yossarian
14th February 2014, 12:16 PM
Chris Connolly. Ross Lyon.

Hatchman
14th February 2014, 01:02 PM

The Scott brother that's at North Melbourne if they balls this year up.

LeftyHoges
14th February 2014, 02:26 PM
Sorry, I should say further to my point:

"Most undeserving considering they already had a premiership coach in the job"

Lagerlover
3rd March 2014, 09:13 AM
CEO to step down shortly apparently..

Daves
3rd March 2014, 09:32 AM
CEO to step down shortly apparently..

Hird will be celebrating,

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/afl/news/2014/3/andrew-demetriou-resigns-as-ceo-of-the-afl/

BUSHY
3rd March 2014, 02:00 PM
I wish it was immediately. If time travel were possible 4 years ago would've been fine.

3Puttpete
3rd March 2014, 02:26 PM
I wish it was immediately. If time travel were possible 4 years ago would've been fine.

What's he done wrong?

LeftyHoges
3rd March 2014, 02:28 PM
What's he done wrong?

Been a smug prick.

Oh, you mean with his job?

BUSHY
3rd March 2014, 02:41 PM
What's he done wrong?

Are you kidding? First thing is the handling of the ASADA investigation.

Then the biggest reason is as a fan of the game he has completely changed the direction of the game by overseeing some of the worst rule changes the game has ever seen. First it was let's speed up the game. Quick ball up's, quick throw ins and generally speed up the game for entertainment value. Now suddenly he has decided that the game is going too fast and we need to slow it down. Instead of repealing previous policies he adds more rules and restrictions to slow the game down and in the process putting the players at an elevated risk of injury. Ie the interchange restrictions.
Then:

Hands in the back, or should I say fingertips?
Stacks on holding the ball
Confusion between high contact and attacking the knees
MRP and the tribunal.

I could go on..

Financially his team did well for the game as a whole but for fans watching the AFL he is the worst thing to ever happen to the game.

3Puttpete
3rd March 2014, 02:57 PM
Are you kidding? First thing is the handling of the ASADA investigation.

Then the biggest reason is as a fan of the game he has completely changed the direction of the game by overseeing some of the worst rule changes the game has ever seen. First it was let's speed up the game. Quick ball up's, quick throw ins and generally speed up the game for entertainment value. Now suddenly he has decided that the game is going too fast and we need to slow it down. Instead of repealing previous policies he adds more rules and restrictions to slow the game down and in the process putting the players at an elevated risk of injury. Ie the interchange restrictions.
Then:

Hands in the back, or should I say fingertips?
Stacks on holding the ball
Confusion between high contact and attacking the knees
MRP and the tribunal.

I could go on..

Financially his team did well for the game as a whole but for fans watching the AFL he is the worst thing to ever happen to the game.

What should have done with/to/for ASADA?

And almost all changes to rules or interpretations are reactions to things that have already happened. The clubs and coaches are always a step ahead.

Imagine what the game would look like if Roos and Lyon were left alone.

3Puttpete
3rd March 2014, 02:57 PM
Been a smug prick.

Oh, you mean with his job?

Well that's a given.

Yes

AndyP
3rd March 2014, 03:17 PM
Imagine what the game would look like if Roos and Lyon were left alone.I'm a believer that the strategies employed by other coaches would have overcame this without the interference of the AFL.

simmsy
3rd March 2014, 03:23 PM
Thank **** he's gone. History won't look favourably upon his reign I don't think.

Bigger tosser than Eddie.

3Puttpete
3rd March 2014, 03:27 PM
I'm a believer that the strategies employed by other coaches would have overcame this without the interference of the AFL.

And I think you're probably right but it would have taken a lot longer.

3oneday
3rd March 2014, 03:36 PM
Is he moving to NRL?

BUSHY
3rd March 2014, 03:36 PM
What should have done with/to/for ASADA?

And almost all changes to rules or interpretations are reactions to things that have already happened. The clubs and coaches are always a step ahead.

Imagine what the game would look like if Roos and Lyon were left alone.

That's incorrect, rule changes like the 'Hawthorn rushed behind' rule are directly attributed to incidents. However think of all the efforts and changes to speed the game up in the last 10 years;

No waiting for the flags to be waved after a behind.
Umpires actively throwing the ball up/in immediately without pause.
Deliberate out of bounds rule.
Stacks on holding the ball rule.
And more...

These have all been used to speed up the game and now in an effort to slow the game down to "protect the players" from injury they're leaving all these measures in place and capping interchanges which will have a negative effect on viewing value and also contribute to a probable increase in injury.

Rules on top of rules to counteract the effects of previous rules. He's the worst thing to happen to the game.

ALSO, I don't believe he wasn't aware/involved with ASADA in the beginning as has been suggested. Good riddance to him.

3Puttpete
3rd March 2014, 04:28 PM
That's incorrect, rule changes like the 'Hawthorn rushed behind' rule are directly attributed to incidents. However think of all the efforts and changes to speed the game up in the last 10 years;

And more...

These have all been used to speed up the game and now in an effort to slow the game down to "protect the players" from injury they're leaving all these measures in place and capping interchanges which will have a negative effect on viewing value and also contribute to a probable increase in injury.

Rules on top of rules to counteract the effects of previous rules. He's the worst thing to happen to the game.

ALSO, I don't believe he wasn't aware/involved with ASADA in the beginning as has been suggested. Good riddance to him.

If you believe the rule changes to reduce stoppages in play, not speed up the game, weren't a result of how the game was being played you're kidding yourself.

And the increase in injury argument is crap spread by clubs who, given their way, would have 20 players on the bench.

BUSHY
3rd March 2014, 04:50 PM
When fatigued the body is far more susceptible to injury. It is a known fact. If they want to reduce stress on the players why reduce rotations and thus increase fatigue?

3Puttpete
3rd March 2014, 05:00 PM
I think you misunderstand the reason for the cap. Increasing fatigue is the reason they're doing it so there aren't 30 blokes at every contest which leads to stacks on.

meh
3rd March 2014, 05:07 PM
If you believe the rule changes to reduce stoppages in play, not speed up the game, weren't a result of how the game was being played you're kidding yourself.

And the increase in injury argument is crap spread by clubs who, given their way, would have 20 players on the bench.

Absolutely correct. Especially the first part.

Lagerlover
3rd March 2014, 05:10 PM

And more...

His worst contribution was to limit the maximum IQ to 57 for Port Power fans attending games.

3Puttpete
3rd March 2014, 05:43 PM
His worst contribution was to limit the maximum IQ to 57 for Port Power fans

FTFY

Lagerlover
3rd March 2014, 05:44 PM
But Koshy is a power fan...

Lagerlover
3rd March 2014, 05:45 PM
Oh yeah.

3Puttpete
3rd March 2014, 05:45 PM
He's the king.

The prosecution rests

Hatchman
3rd March 2014, 10:08 PM
His worst contribution was to limit the maximum IQ to 57 for Port Power fans attending games.

I think that's the cheer squads combined IQ.

Good riddance Demitritoad.

WBennett
3rd March 2014, 10:11 PM
Never had any hatred for him. He has grown the game, has introduced new clubs to new markets, encouraged diversifying and moving games to places like Canberra, Cairns, Darwin, Launny, Hobart etc.

Should have thrown the book at Essendon though. Cheats.

3Puttpete
3rd March 2014, 10:19 PM

2 more years

LeftyHoges
3rd March 2014, 10:48 PM
2 more years

Really?

Oh well, 2 more years without a premiership for Collingwood. This makes me very happy.

LarryLong
4th March 2014, 10:43 AM
I can't understand the Demetriou hatred. Given his job description, he has been outstanding. I tend to disagree with the underlying premise (bigger game = better game), but you can't say that the AFL isn't a huge success.

As for the rules thing, I have a different view. People need to seek out some youtube footage of footy from the 60s and 70s to see that coaches have worked the game out and rule changes were necessary to stop it from becoming a flood fest.

Speed up the game? Good idea. Anything to stop Clarko and Lyon and co from having enough time to set up zone defence behind the ball. Limit interchange? Excellent. Positions don't exist anymore, so the only way you can get a guy to play as a forward or back is to introduce fatigue so that blokes have to rest on the field. Coaches will adjust and players will be forced to play within their limits. Guys like Robert Harvey who can run all day deserve to have an advantage, instead of having to deal with a team of taggers who rotate off the bench.

Hands in the back? Don't get me started. Watch a game from the 70s. The first thing you will notice is that the ruckmen didn't grab each other, and defenders didn't grab forwards. Midfielders didn't run around holding each other and nobody pushed in the back with their hands. The game started to deteriorate when umpires gradually let blokes like Silvagni and McIntosh hold and push, and it became the norm over the years. At the same time fitness increased to the point where teams could drop the whole side into the defensive 50, and it was common to see a strong marking full forward held down by one defender while his team mate (Jason Cloke, anybody?) took a mark over him. Big blokes were becoming useless, because you take away their advantage if smaller defenders can wrestle them. Playing in front was a waste of time, because players would just "work you under the ball" - by pushing. Hands in the back gives a forward a chance. I think the flood ruins footy, and I reckon the only way to really do something about that is to give strong marking players a chance to beat multiple defenders.

Daves
4th March 2014, 10:46 AM
Never had any hatred for him. He has grown the game, has introduced new clubs to new markets, encouraged diversifying and moving games to places like Canberra, Cairns, Darwin, Launny, Hobart etc.

Should have thrown the book at Essendon though. Cheats.

3Puttpete
4th March 2014, 10:49 AM
I can't understand the Demetriou hatred. Given his job description, he has been outstanding. I tend to disagree with the underlying premise (bigger game = better game), but you can't say that the AFL isn't a huge success.

As for the rules thing, I have a different view. People need to seek out some youtube footage of footy from the 60s and 70s to see that coaches have worked the game out and rule changes were necessary to stop it from becoming a flood fest.

Speed up the game? Good idea. Anything to stop Clarko and Lyon and co from having enough time to set up zone defence behind the ball. Limit interchange? Excellent. Positions don't exist anymore, so the only way you can get a guy to play as a forward or back is to introduce fatigue so that blokes have to rest on the field. Coaches will adjust and players will be forced to play within their limits. Guys like Robert Harvey who can run all day deserve to have an advantage, instead of having to deal with a team of taggers who rotate off the bench.

Hands in the back? Don't get me started. Watch a game from the 70s. The first thing you will notice is that the ruckmen didn't grab each other, and defenders didn't grab forwards. Midfielders didn't run around holding each other and nobody pushed in the back with their hands. The game started to deteriorate when umpires gradually let blokes like Silvagni and McIntosh hold and push, and it became the norm over the years. At the same time fitness increased to the point where teams could drop the whole side into the defensive 50, and it was common to see a strong marking full forward held down by one defender while his team mate (Jason Cloke, anybody?) took a mark over him. Big blokes were becoming useless, because you take away their advantage if smaller defenders can wrestle them. Playing in front was a waste of time, because players would just "work you under the ball" - by pushing. Hands in the back gives a forward a chance. I think the flood ruins footy, and I reckon the only way to really do something about that is to give strong marking players a chance to beat multiple defenders.

Well said. They could also make a certain number of players stay in particular areas of the ground to free up space

AndyP
4th March 2014, 10:56 AM
Well said. They could also make a certain number of players stay in particular areas of the ground to free up spaceAnd wear bibs.

3Puttpete
4th March 2014, 11:02 AM
When your campaign to remove the centre square is successful you can ridicule Leigh Matthews' idea

AndyP
5th March 2014, 09:57 AM
Sucked in to the Swans for losing the COLA, as it currently exists.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-04/afl-to-scrap-cola

The latter part of the article is what I don't like about AndyD and the league. They have to control everything for their equalisation agenda.

WBennett
5th March 2014, 10:53 AM
Having watched a lot of old games on Fox, the game today is faster, cleaner, more skilful and a better spectacle.

Still love watching old games which were torpedo fests and shirtfronts and behind play king hits though.

BrisWesty
8th March 2014, 06:48 AM
If getting rid of Vlad means we can get back to having all Round 1 games on the one weekend, then that would make him leaving worthwhile. If you're going to do that, give the teams a week off in the middle of the year when players are starting to get weary.

How can you start the year with less of a bang than by splitting it over 2 weeks?

It ruins fantasy league because you have no idea what half the teams are going to do for Round 1.
The season starts and I have to wait a week for my team to play and then it's on a Thursday night anyway.
Please get rid of Thursday night and Monday night games too. If you work or go to school and don't have the next day off, or want to take the kids, who is going to attend a match where you don't get home until midnight.

No idea - simply no idea.

Pieface
11th March 2014, 10:42 PM
any fantasy league happening thios season?

Jerry Springer
12th March 2014, 06:35 AM
I have created a Supercoach league, Ozgolf 2014, code 953054. All welcome, first in best dressed, bragging rights only on offer.

Go Giants.

Jerry Springer
13th March 2014, 10:21 PM
C'mon people, only two so far & might need a few more to be interesting! Sign up!

3Puttpete
13th March 2014, 10:25 PM
ASADA have finally issued Dank a please explain.

Sasquatch
14th March 2014, 01:20 AM
C'mon people, only two so far & might need a few more to be interesting! Sign up!

I was going to have the year off from doing Supercoach but after your post I've signed up. Go da Rastafarians, jah bless.

AndyP
14th March 2014, 07:41 AM
I retired from fantasy footy leagues ages ago. They are too time consuming.

AndyP
14th March 2014, 07:41 AM
ASADA have finally issued Dank a please explain.
I hope this is building up to something special.

3Puttpete
15th March 2014, 07:37 PM
Wow!

KristianJ
15th March 2014, 07:38 PM
GWS were paying $14 on Sportsbet, I think.

3Puttpete
15th March 2014, 07:39 PM
And that was unders

KristianJ
15th March 2014, 07:43 PM
Well, as Huddo would say, I see it but I don't believe it.

I actually feel like going to a GWS game this season won't be a waste of time...

live4golf
15th March 2014, 07:44 PM
Wow!

Ummmmm yeah.

At 3/4 time I said to the wife 'swans will win by 30'. GWS looked very good.

GO ANYONE BUT SYDNEY!!!!!!!

3Puttpete
15th March 2014, 07:45 PM
Knowing you'll at least see a contest. Bingo. That's what they needed to do. Be competitive so that people don't automatically think they'll get smashed every game.

KristianJ
15th March 2014, 07:51 PM
I was chatting to some mates (one of which is a Pies fan) and saying we had to go to the Swans/Collingwood game at ANZ in a fortnight.

Not so sure now...:lol:

PeteyD
15th March 2014, 07:54 PM
2 gumby teams should be a good game ;)

live4golf
15th March 2014, 08:07 PM
I was chatting to some mates (one of which is a Pies fan) and saying we had to go to the Swans/Collingwood game at ANZ in a fortnight.

Not so sure now...:lol:

Could be a bottom of the table clash :)

AndyP
15th March 2014, 08:21 PM
EAD Lance Franklin Junior.

WBennett
15th March 2014, 10:28 PM
EAD Lance Franklin Junior. Bwahahaha

WBennett
15th March 2014, 10:30 PM
Just watching q4 now. Giants tackling was sensational. The kids have grown up. Ditto the Suns. These teams could be for more competitive than evwryone expected

AndyP
15th March 2014, 10:35 PM
We need to get used to their domination in this "competition". Thanks AndyD.

Pieface
15th March 2014, 10:43 PM
Hehehe. Tips shots to bits but pretty happy with today's results :D

LarryLong
15th March 2014, 11:08 PM
Gutted. Bloody hell the Suns have a good midfield.

WBennett
15th March 2014, 11:17 PM
Gutted. Bloody hell the Suns have a good midfield. Gablett goes ok

LarryLong
15th March 2014, 11:26 PM
Gablett goes ok

Is that the little bald guy? Yeah, can play.

WBennett
15th March 2014, 11:31 PM
A lazy 40+ and two goals tonight.

LeftyHoges
16th March 2014, 12:25 AM
I've said it since they were brought in, both the Suns and the Giants will win premierships before the Bulldogs or Saints will, the AFL will make sure of that. Saints tried to prove me wrong in the Suns first year but I'm pretty sure I'm right now.

AndyP
16th March 2014, 01:28 PM
It's a good game on footy flashbacks today.

I watched a bit of AFL Gameday and it reminded me of one reason why I don't watch many non-Hawks matches. They were switching back and forth between Suns and Giants goals, which was full of Brian Taylor and Dwayne Russell shitty commentary.

Lagerlover
16th March 2014, 05:57 PM
No free to air coverage in Brissie of the Carlton - Power game tonight?

3Puttpete
16th March 2014, 06:08 PM
No free to air coverage in Brissie of the Carlton - Power game tonight?

I can post highlights here for you

3Puttpete
16th March 2014, 07:44 PM
Daisy, recruit of the year. Will probably win the Brownlow

BUSHY
16th March 2014, 08:32 PM
Walker to get 2?

BUSHY
16th March 2014, 08:33 PM
Weeks that is...

3Puttpete
16th March 2014, 08:40 PM
What for?

BUSHY
16th March 2014, 08:42 PM
The hit on Westhoff? I know it's only round one, early look at the MRP and their thoughts at least.

3Puttpete
16th March 2014, 08:44 PM
He got the ball first

BUSHY
16th March 2014, 08:46 PM
I know. In my eyes it was good if not a little late, yet the MRP is an unknown this year. If it doesn't attract something I'll be surprised, but in a good way.

The knock to the head could've done him good, on fire Westhoff

AndyP
16th March 2014, 09:03 PM
A more important question is, does Westhoff still have the beard?

LarryLong
16th March 2014, 09:05 PM
Has Westhoff finally filled out?

BUSHY
16th March 2014, 09:17 PM
A more important question is, does Westhoff still have the beard?

Can't tell from this angle
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/16/e2ezata2.jpg

BUSHY
16th March 2014, 09:17 PM
But yes

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/16/u7e5u6un.jpg

WBennett
16th March 2014, 09:18 PM
Port has kicked the last six. Nice

BUSHY
16th March 2014, 09:19 PM
6 goals straight for the Power, 72v56

3Puttpete
16th March 2014, 09:25 PM
Thomas, worst recruit of the year

3Puttpete
16th March 2014, 09:34 PM
6 goals straight for the Power, 72v56

And 3 for the blues. 76-72

WBennett
16th March 2014, 10:34 PM
Bwa ha ha ha.
Malthouse. Too old. Carlton too shit.
Hawks may be the only Vic team to make the eight this year

AndyP
16th March 2014, 10:34 PM
Weren't Carlton shit finishers last year?

3Puttpete
16th March 2014, 10:38 PM

Can't remember but Port were very good

BUSHY
16th March 2014, 10:38 PM

Yep!

Muscles
17th March 2014, 05:19 PM
Hawks may be the only Vic team to make the eight this year

Cats should, Nth SHOULD, and Essendon could

gazgolf1
18th March 2014, 03:16 PM
Interesting group going off the 1st at Nudgee tomorrow

1st Tee
08:27 AM
RICH, Daniel [6.6]

Lisle , Jordan [10.9] - Port Fairy Golf Club

Bewick , Rohan [16.7] - Brisbane Golf Club

Hanley , Pearce [20.7] - Brisbane Golf Club

graham_w
18th March 2014, 08:32 PM
Interesting group going off the 1st at Nudgee tomorrow

1st Tee
RICH, Daniel [6.6]

Lisle , Jordan [10.9] - Port Fairy Golf Club

Bewick , Rohan [16.7] - Brisbane Golf Club

Hanley , Pearce [20.7] - Brisbane Golf Club

I've seen Daniel Rich out at Nudgee quite a few times. Must live locally, or he loves the joint.

3Puttpete
18th March 2014, 09:01 PM
This group also played a few weeks ago. It looks like Rich is a member.

Hatchman
18th March 2014, 10:06 PM
Ben Cousins is eligible for an AFL hall of fame nomination now.

I'm sure there will be heaps of debate if and when he gets nominated.
Do players deserve such an honour for only what they've done on field or should outside of that hold some weight?
The AFL stuffed up big time over the head shaving issue pre coming back and were made to look foolish in Cousin's doco.
I don't think he's ever been convicted of a criminal act has he?

3Puttpete
18th March 2014, 10:30 PM
Ablett's in. Cousins can go in

BUSHY
19th March 2014, 03:20 PM
Walker to get 2?

Surprisingly (in a good way) the hit on Westhoff wasnt even mentioned. Maybe this could be a sign of good things to come. I must admit there appears to be ALOT of confusion among umpires so far between sliding the knees and head high contact. A few real bad cases where the ump got it wrong on the weekend.

Hatchman
19th March 2014, 05:19 PM
Surprisingly (in a good way) the hit on Westhoff wasnt even mentioned. Maybe this could be a sign of good things to come. I must admit there appears to be ALOT of confusion among umpires so far between sliding the knees and head high contact. A few real bad cases where the ump got it wrong on the weekend.

I think the only thing that saved Walker a game for that one was the Hoff passed the test and continued to play. Had he been side lined I thing that would have made a difference to the verdict.

Good to see ducking the head trying to milk high contact when you know your about to be tackled gets you no free this year too.

LarryLong
19th March 2014, 05:22 PM
Good to see ducking the head trying to milk high contact when you know your about to be tackled gets you no free this year too.

I don't think you can make that comment until we see the Selwood brothers in action this week.

Cotchin got one on Saturday too, and so did Ablett from memory.

Hatchman
19th March 2014, 06:37 PM
There was a fairly obvious on in the Port Calton in Ports forward line. Carlton player running out didn't see Butcher coming front on until last minute, Carlton player ducked head as he knew he was done. Butcher got him high and was still paid holding the ball. Previous years that would have gone the other way.

Yes it will be interesting to see the rulings against Joel Selwood in particular.

Shadesy
19th March 2014, 08:00 PM
There was a fairly obvious on in the Port Calton in Ports forward line. Carlton player running out didn't see Butcher coming front on until last minute, Carlton player ducked head as he knew he was done. Butcher got him high and was still paid holding the ball. Previous years that would have gone the other way. Yes it will be interesting to see the rulings against Joel Selwood in particular.

I don't believe you...

No way a Carlton player was first to the ball.

Hatchman
19th March 2014, 08:11 PM
Can't remember the exact play but remember it wasn't a contested ball situation. Easy possession and lack of awareness.

On side note.
Go Cats.
Give those Chardonnay sipping, cheese and cracker munching snobs a touch up.

BUSHY
19th March 2014, 11:22 PM

It was funny seeing Jack Riewolt try turn that on in the pocket only to be denied..

Lagerlover
20th March 2014, 08:51 PM
Anyone watching Chris Pollard on 7.30 report about Dean Bailey??

Lagerlover
20th March 2014, 08:53 PM
WOW... Jump on abc iview and watch the 7.30 report.

3Puttpete
20th March 2014, 08:53 PM
Negative. Your cows are on

Lagerlover
20th March 2014, 08:54 PM
Negative. Your cows are on

To quote MTB... like WTF??

BUSHY
20th March 2014, 09:02 PM
Good game so far

Lagerlover
20th March 2014, 09:06 PM
I'm a queenslander mate....moron and proud.

3Puttpete
20th March 2014, 09:10 PM

You won't wanna watch the lions this weekend

Lagerlover
20th March 2014, 09:13 PM
Little further south mate....though James Aish is someone to watch for the lions.

As Hatch would agree, the kid is a purebred.

3Puttpete
20th March 2014, 09:14 PM
Suns? I just cleaned out my car and binned my inaugural member flag

Hatchman
20th March 2014, 09:18 PM

:lol:

Lagerlover
20th March 2014, 09:20 PM
Yep, that's where it's at mate.

Doing the Q'clash and Hawks game over the next few weeks...even got the official suns dick togs.

Just need to learn the team song.

Hatchman
20th March 2014, 09:20 PM
Little further south mate....though James Aish is someone to watch for the lions.

Too right. Prince James is all class.
How he never got the Jack Oatey medal in the 2012 Grand Final baffles me.

3Puttpete
20th March 2014, 09:22 PM

Aish...why do I not like that name?

Hatchman
20th March 2014, 09:31 PM
Aish...why do I not like that name?

His Uncle Michael most likely ran amok in some game against a side you follow in the 80's.

3Puttpete
20th March 2014, 09:34 PM
That'd be it. Home from school to watch SOO on a Tuesday arvo

Lagerlover
20th March 2014, 09:39 PM
Famous number 8, there's a fair family history with the mighty redlegs.

Hatchman
21st March 2014, 12:42 AM
Brother Andrew #43 (Jame's father) was a very good player and much under rated by others as he was in Michael's shadow.

I see and know Andrew quite well through work and the the club. Great bloke.

bergsey
21st March 2014, 12:52 AM
Keen to see the mighty eagles roll out Sunday, although not convinced on nicnats fitness. Also bulldogs will be better than some punters have tipped

Lagerlover
21st March 2014, 08:48 AM
On the back of the 7.30 report James Heard gone.

Daves
21st March 2014, 10:07 AM
On the back of the 7.30 report James Heard gone. About time, sick of him and his wife playing the victim. Obviously never got it!

3Puttpete
21st March 2014, 10:18 AM
Thrown David Evans under a bus again. With mates like Hird...

Hird is a knob of the highest order and with a bit if luck, when all is said and done, he will disappear and be forever known as the tool he is.

Lagerlover
21st March 2014, 10:20 AM
His missus doesn't mind a chat...

3Puttpete
21st March 2014, 10:22 AM
She can bugger off too

BUSHY
21st March 2014, 01:08 PM
Does she think she's a MILF?

LeftyHoges
21st March 2014, 05:52 PM
Keen to see the mighty eagles roll out Sunday, although not convinced on nicnats fitness. Also bulldogs will be better than some punters have tipped

I'll be happy if we're within 5 goals of your boys over there. We'll finish 9th or 10th and win shitloads of midfield ball but we haven't got anyone up forward to kick to.

Weagles to be better than punters think this year. Position 4, 5 or 6 in my eyes.

Lagerlover
21st March 2014, 10:16 PM
On the back of the 7.30 report James Heard gone.

I meant Hird...how embarrassing.

BenM
21st March 2014, 10:18 PM
He's in trouble. Because his wife can't keep her mouth shut.

3Puttpete
21st March 2014, 11:10 PM
He's in trouble because he thinks he's untouchable. He would have known and been ok with what she was going to say

Daves
21st March 2014, 11:14 PM
He's in trouble because he thinks he's untouchable. He would have known and been ok with what she was going to say

Exactly, he and his lawyer bitch don't have any remorse what so ever for Hird playing god with his players. I just cannot fathom that he does not get the seriousness of what he was f'n with!

Hatchman
22nd March 2014, 11:16 AM
Pathetic performance by the Roo's last night.
They went into this game as favourites.

I nominated their coach as most likely to get the chop this year.

Yossarian
22nd March 2014, 11:24 AM
I tipped the bombers. Roos are like the bulldogs but with a worse midfield.

Pieface
22nd March 2014, 04:29 PM
I tipped the bombers. Roos are like the bulldogs but with a worse midfield.

+1

Kangas overperformed last year

Lagerlover
22nd March 2014, 04:40 PM
Pathetic performance by the Roo's last night.
They went into this game as favourites.

I know. My "offset account" has now returned to it's early days..

PeteyD
22nd March 2014, 06:26 PM
Lions putting up a good fight.

AndyP
22nd March 2014, 06:57 PM
They are, but I doubt that the other side cares too much.

timah!
22nd March 2014, 07:07 PM
Lions putting up a good fight.

But still making the same sort of decision making errors.

Yossarian
22nd March 2014, 09:45 PM
Long year for Brisbane.

Jackson
22nd March 2014, 09:48 PM
Long year for Brisbane.

How do you figure? They will get to stop playing in August.

BUSHY
22nd March 2014, 09:51 PM
Demons have been pretty stiff from the umps tonight.

Lagerlover
22nd March 2014, 09:51 PM
Yep,

I saw Tommy Rockliff is going with the bimbo from the NRL footy show... Maybe he should just stay home for the next six months and play guess who for tricks.

Hatchman
22nd March 2014, 11:22 PM
Demons have been pretty stiff from the umps tonight.

I thought the same.

The demons suffered badly having no tall targets to kick to in the forward line.

Shortylook
23rd March 2014, 11:28 PM
Nice work Eagles.bulldogs arnt a top 8 team but a good warm up

BUSHY
23rd March 2014, 11:29 PM
Nice work Eagles.bulldogs arnt a top 8 team but a good warm up

Need a little polish, but nice start. The recruits are all big ins.

bergsey
23rd March 2014, 11:35 PM
Midfield pace and size is still a worry for the eagles. Can't get too excited yet...

Shortylook
23rd March 2014, 11:46 PM
Midfield pace and size is still a worry for the eagles. Can't get too excited yet...
Yea we need a couple of bigger midfield guys. See what happens. I'm a bit excite

3Puttpete
24th March 2014, 06:07 PM
Really?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/24/aduje7a9.jpg

Hatchman
24th March 2014, 06:14 PM
The fruit toggles still trying to flog the pathetic 19th man thing. Arrogant salary cap cheats.
I hope they get smashed this week by poor pauper.

Jackson
24th March 2014, 06:46 PM
What is a 'chant hour'?
Sounds like something a cult would do.

Lagerlover
24th March 2014, 07:54 PM
That sounds awesome. Those guys in Adelaide really go off... so very awesome.

damoocow
24th March 2014, 08:18 PM
Long year for Brisbane.

Hoping they lose every game - especially if Daniel Rich is in the team , after his bullying of a handicapped man late last year.

simmsy
25th March 2014, 02:16 PM
What did he say to Keppler?

Yossarian
25th March 2014, 09:21 PM
Haha!

Damoocow wasn't that all overblown?

Lagerlover
25th March 2014, 09:23 PM
Just a wee bit yep.

3Puttpete
26th March 2014, 09:59 AM
Dayle Garlett is a sook. Little boy was homesick. Poor dear

Pieface
27th March 2014, 10:22 PM
Tiges!

Genuine top 9 contender on that performance

3Puttpete
27th March 2014, 10:28 PM
Tiges!

Genuine top 9 contender on that performance

Was it giving up a 6 goal lead or falling over the line against the team that's finished 10th and 9th in the last 2 years that convinced you?

LeftyHoges
27th March 2014, 10:40 PM
Carlton should've won that by 6 goals. ****ing muppets couldn't put a marble up an elephants arsehole.

3Puttpete
27th March 2014, 10:41 PM
Carlton should've won that by 6 goals. ****ing muppets couldn't put a marble up an elephants arsehole.

This

Hatchman
27th March 2014, 10:41 PM
A draw would have been fitting as both tried not to win. The Tigers wasted their dominance of possession and broke down with poor entry into the forward 50 in the first half. A good side with that much clean possession through the middle of the ground would have had a 50-60 point lead. Credit to Carlton they fought their way back into it but butchered shots at goal to take it away from the Tigers.

3Puttpete
27th March 2014, 10:47 PM
I blame Malthouse. Ratten had the Blues on the right track

Yossarian
27th March 2014, 10:57 PM
Go Eagles.

Pieface
27th March 2014, 11:06 PM
Malthouse looks like a wino

Hatchman
27th March 2014, 11:19 PM
Malthouse looks like a wino

I think he's feeling the stress of an over rated list.

3Puttpete
27th March 2014, 11:21 PM
I think the list is feeling the stress of an overrated coach

Johnny Canuck
27th March 2014, 11:26 PM
Nice, dominant win for the Tigers. The road to a top 4 finish is starting to look much clearer.

Yossarian
27th March 2014, 11:26 PM
Hopefully they'll be able to get over GWS and Melbourne.

Shadesy
27th March 2014, 11:34 PM

Sigh.

AndyP
28th March 2014, 01:51 AM
I blame Malthouse. Ratten had the Blues on the right track
I like Ratten. :)

It looks like I'll be at the Hawks v Freo game next week. Happy Days!

LarryLong
28th March 2014, 11:37 AM
Nice, dominant win for the Tigers. The road to a top 4 finish is starting to look much clearer.

This.

I was at the game. There were at least three Richmond supporters behind me that are going to need some serious psychiatric help today. One chick screamed like a teenager at a horror film every time Carlton won the footy for the entire last quarter.

3Puttpete
28th March 2014, 11:53 AM
They've had 30 years of that sort of torture. Probably the toughest supporter group of them all

Lagerlover
28th March 2014, 11:57 AM
Scrays haven't been all that fun to admit to supporting either, bar the late 90's

3Puttpete
28th March 2014, 12:09 PM
At least you don't expect too much from them. Like st kilda, they're crap and have been for ever.

Richmond promise so much...

LeftyHoges
28th March 2014, 12:21 PM
So it hurt even more in '98 when we should've been in the GF and so close in '08, '09 and '10.

If you promise so much and never deliver your supporters get used to it. Ours are heartbreaking.

3Puttpete
28th March 2014, 12:30 PM
So it hurt even more in '98 when we should've been in the GF and so close in '08, '09 and '10.

If you promise so much and never deliver your supporters get used to it. Ours are heartbreaking.

Dogs? Please! There is nothing about that club that gives the impression you should expect success?

LeftyHoges
28th March 2014, 03:25 PM
Dogs? Please! There is nothing about that club that gives the impression you should expect success?

That was exactly my point. Success was so unexpected that when we got so close and failed it was heartbreaking.

Richmond supporters never expect to win the flag (and haven't for 30 years) and the club hasn't made them believe that in that timeframe, ergo they are used to constant failure, even of the expectation of making the finals let alone being competitive in them.

Yossarian
28th March 2014, 04:42 PM
You should all follow a decent club like the Eagles.

Pieface
28th March 2014, 06:42 PM
Wasn't it a Tiges supporter who dumped a load of chicken shit on the doorstep of their offices ~10 years ago?

Hatchman
28th March 2014, 08:18 PM
Wasn't it a Tiges supporter who dumped a load of chicken shit on the doorstep of their offices ~10 years ago?

Yes.

Go the Bombers, hang the old man's under pants out to dry.

3Puttpete
28th March 2014, 10:34 PM
After last night's heartache that game reminds me why I often enjoy this game more when I'm not emotionally involved

AndyP
28th March 2014, 10:48 PM
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No midfield. No key backs. No injections. Still win. Suck it, Essendon*.

LeftyHoges
28th March 2014, 10:58 PM
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No midfield. No key backs. No injections. Still win. Suck it, Essendon*.

I'm sure you mean #suckit, Essendon*.

BenM
28th March 2014, 11:01 PM
No he means #geehawksalmostsquanderedafivegoalleadphew

WBennett
28th March 2014, 11:05 PM
#eadbombersyoudruggocheats

Hatchman
29th March 2014, 08:23 PM
You beauty. Take that you cheese and cracker munchin Chardonnay sippers. EAD Mr credible Trigg :lol::lol::lol:

Hatchman
30th March 2014, 06:32 PM
Melbourne, you are terrible to watch.

AndyP
30th March 2014, 06:52 PM
Sack Roos.

LeftyHoges
30th March 2014, 07:18 PM
Once again Bulldogs not being paid free kicks that lead directly to Kangaroos goals kill the game. That combined with shit kicking.

I don't think I'll ever understand the defender not being able to kick goals, or how these guys are paid so much money, train constantly and can't kick a goal from 25m dead in front. It's beyond me.

Hatchman
30th March 2014, 07:35 PM
They don't train to kick Lefty.
They train to run up and back and around around all day. Kicking skills are just a bonus for the athletes the clubs want.

3Puttpete
30th March 2014, 07:40 PM
And they're rarely allowed to practice goal kicking at training because of the "load" on their legs.

AndyP
30th March 2014, 07:45 PM
A lot of these guys can pinpoint a pass 40m. Accurate kicking is the cornerstone of the current game, so missing goals is generally a mental issue.

Hatchman
30th March 2014, 08:41 PM
A lot of these guys can pinpoint a pass 40m. Accurate kicking is the cornerstone of the current game, so missing goals is generally a mental issue.

Goals are stationary. These pin point passes are to players moving so the moving player takes some responsibility to regulate his speed required to meet the ball and yes the mental side of things plays a part.
I'm amazed some of the poorer set shoot players don't take a longer faster run up and kick like they do when on the run.