PDA

View Full Version : Ant members of Palm Meadows or Parkwood (GC)? - looking for some feedback

Bladerunner
24th October 2013, 05:28 PM
G'day all

Am looking at membership at one of these courses and would be grateful for any feedback from current members on how busy the Saturday comps get, how easy to get a booking, comp fees and friendliness of members/club.

I'd like to play in Saturday comps and my 11 year old son is keen to get into the game so a Junior/Cadet program would be ideal. Not sure if Palm Meadows has a junior section.

Cheers in advance!

AndyP
24th October 2013, 05:35 PM
Ants can't play golf, but I believe Sasquatch (a human member here, believe it or not) is a member at Palm Meadows.

Double D
24th October 2013, 07:03 PM
If your looking for quiet Palm Meadows isn't the best choice. Great course and good value but usually busy. Not sure about juniors but they would do some form of clinics at the range there.

Kenny Powers
24th October 2013, 07:23 PM
palm meadows is far from quiet good course though.

markTHEblake
24th October 2013, 08:42 PM
Neither course has junior program's. Palm Meadows does not even have a junior membership category. The driving range has kids program's but they point them to Surfers to Play.

Management of Palm Meadows have no interest in development or long term vision. It's all about the $$$ today.

Parkwood might start something for the littlest but I know for a fact they have very few junior golfers at all.

Double D
24th October 2013, 09:18 PM
palm meadows is far from quiet good course though.

Palm Meadows is far from quiet but it is quite a good golf course. That's what I was trying to say but not sure about yourself.

At least it's up and running MTB, hard to make $$$ from a golf course.

Sasquatch
24th October 2013, 10:59 PM
I've been a member at Palm Meadows for nearly 3 years & I like it. It is busy with Saturday competition tee times online 6PM two weeks prior. Fills up fast but I get what I need. Always manage to get on for 9 holes late afternoon Sunday or mid week if I want to. $1100 for walking membership with a few free mid week games at Gainsborough Greens & Windaroo Lakes works for me. My friend has the $1800 cart membership for both Palm Meadows & Gainsborough Greens & he loves it after leaving a more expensive course. At the moment the greens are great but most of the bunkers are like Kryptonite.

It is run by a management company, which not surprisingly, is in business to make money. There is no junior program or membership category. There is a driving range next door run by a separate entity but I've never been there.

I was a member at Parkwood for 3 years & left when the new owners started to spend money on everything but the golf course. I haven't played there since but have met a few ex-members that weren't impressed with the course changes.

Bladerunner
25th October 2013, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Ants...d'oh!!

markTHEblake
25th October 2013, 01:46 PM
Parkwood is spending money on the course now, the owners strategy is poles apart compared to PM. Still driven by profit but he has a long term outlook for a growing a business way beyond just golf. I forgot how much he has spent, more than $10M at least. The mini golf was about $2M. Palm Meadows has a limited tenure and they know it, so you won't see much in the way of capital works if any. The Bath Bros are making hay while the sun shines, as they did at GCCC

Not bagging them, that is just the way it is.