PDA

View Full Version : Broken clubs by OZgolfers

LeftyHoges
23rd October 2013, 04:59 PM
This thread can be used to both cleanse your soul and update us of events happening around the globe in real time.

For example...

Absolution:

My name is LeftyHoges, and I'm a club breaker. It's been 4 months since I last broke a club. ("Hi Lefty!")

Quick calculations have shown an approximate 15-20 clubs in my golfing life.

This is a habit I'm trying hard to break.

Real time event:

Ah, fudge. I just broke a club.

See how it works?

Ferrins
23rd October 2013, 05:04 PM
Broken 15-20 tennis racquets but no golf clubs. Although I did throw an Odyssey into a dam.

LeftyHoges
23rd October 2013, 05:08 PM
Although I did throw an Odyssey into a dam.

1 thing I am yet to do. I'll bet it felt GOOD!

Dotty
23rd October 2013, 05:13 PM
Hi.

My name is Dotty.

It has been 35 years since I last broke a club in anger.

ps. And I still remember the embarrassment of a) explaining to my father why my brother's old 5 iron was broken and b) previously a five club 'set' (1w, 3i, 5i, 7i, putter), of which I couldn't get the 1w or 3i in the air. #Lessonlearnt.

WBennett
23rd October 2013, 05:21 PM
I have never broken a club in anger.

However, when learning as a kid, I had a 5 wood from Big W. It was excellent - I could hit it 160m with a nice big fade and never used any other woods.

Howver, on the tee at Mollymook Beachside, the head exploded on contact and departed the shaft. The ball went 50m, the head 100.

I still copped a flogging when I got home despite it not being my fault.

sms316
23rd October 2013, 05:22 PM
1 thing I am yet to do. I'll bet it felt GOOD!
It does feel good. Really good.

LeftyHoges
23rd October 2013, 05:24 PM
It does feel good. Really good.

Not the same one as Ferrins was it?

Then it really would be Lake Odyssey!

sms316
23rd October 2013, 05:25 PM
Not the same one as Ferrins was it?

Then it really would be Lake Odyssey!
Dunno. Lake Odyssey is very well known, just to the north of the 7th at PW.

popper81
23rd October 2013, 05:36 PM
Dunno. Lake Odyssey is very well known, just to the north of the 7th at PW.

We have one as well. Putter lake.

Ferrins
23rd October 2013, 05:47 PM
1 thing I am yet to do. I'll bet it felt GOOD! Might I suggest that you use a throwing technique from the film"The Last of the Mohicans". At the conclusion of the first encounter with Magua and his raiding party, Chinagachgook drops to his knee and with an overhead throw flings his gunstock war club at a fleeing indian.

Courty
23rd October 2013, 05:55 PM
Not the only one, but most notable came at the VIC Champs last year. I chunked a 7 iron on the 10th tee at Moonah Links Legends, and in one fluid motion morphed the follow through into an axe-throw at the ground in front of me. Snapped it clean in half. :oops:

All the other tanty's have resulted in bent, not broken clubs.

LeftyHoges
23rd October 2013, 05:56 PM

You're doing it wrong.

Hatchman
23rd October 2013, 06:58 PM
I've only broken one in anger and that would have to be roughly 21 years ago now.

1st round of the Riverland Open @ Loxton. Was going in with a bit of form and hoping to qualify for the Riverland Closed being top 8 match play at home (Berri).
Loxton was notorious for having tiny slick greens with subtle breaks. Started on the back nine and managed to have six 3 stab and one 4 stab greens. Was fairly well boiling at that stage and said to myself no more 3 stabs for the front nine.

Made pars on the 1st and 2nd. Turned a 4 foot birdie chance into a bogey with a 3 stab on the 3rd then bent the putter over the knee snapping it in half. At the time all I could think was I won't be 3 stabbing with this again. Putted the round out with the 5 iron. Never had another 3 stab and closed the round out with a big 90.

Raced up to the Pro Shop in Renmark Sunday morning and bought a cheap MK Golf putter for $15 and shot the best score of the weekend with a two over 74 to miss the cut by 2.

Peter
23rd October 2013, 07:49 PM
This is a habit I'm trying hard to break.Well, it sounds like you have form.

matty
23rd October 2013, 08:42 PM
I broke a driver after slamming it on the ground a couple of years ago. Nothing since. I amaze myself every round at the self control I have not to do it again.
And while we're at it, it gives me the shits that golf gives me the shits so much.

mrbluu
23rd October 2013, 08:51 PM
I broke a driver after slamming it on the ground a couple of years ago. Nothing since. I amaze myself every round at the self control I have not to do it again.
And while we're at it, it gives me the shits that golf gives me the shits so much.

I used to be a notorious club thrower and breaker. I'm a lot calmer on the course these days but I'll never be mild mannered. I think I would throw a club maybe twice a year these days and it would have to be at least 5 years since I broke my last club.

liptout
23rd October 2013, 08:55 PM
I tried to snap a ping craz-e after a couple of pathetic weeks on the greens, and having a birdy putt from 3m and 4 putting (just lipped it in) was the final straw...

Only proceeded to bend the shaft so the head actually was touching the grip. Never seen anything like it before. We ended up laughing that much we had to let the group behind through...... I'll see if I can find the pic of it.

Took me 6 weeks to get it back after a reshaft!!

Haystacks
23rd October 2013, 09:10 PM
I have chucked a couple in my time but never broken one. I'm such a chopper, I always miss what I'm chucking it at...even the ground!

hocko
23rd October 2013, 09:15 PM
This thread can be used to both cleanse your soul and update us of events happening around the globe in real time.

For example...

Absolution:

My name is LeftyHoges, and I'm a club breaker. It's been 4 months since I last broke a club. ("Hi Lefty!")

Quick calculations have shown an approximate 15-20 clubs in my golfing life.

This is a habit I'm trying hard to break.

Real time event:

Ah, fudge. I just broke a club.

See how it works?

Oh shit, seriously Lefty?
You and I own this thread!

Marto65
23rd October 2013, 09:38 PM
I'm sure I'll have to check in here from time to time.

popper81
23rd October 2013, 09:49 PM
I get so angry in my head I break all of my clubs.

I normally break toes, not clubs (if you have done it, you will understand).

LeftyHoges
23rd October 2013, 09:49 PM
Oh shit, seriously Lefty?
You and I own this thread!

I think that'd be right. I might try and tally them tomorrow. It'd be pretty close.

hocko
23rd October 2013, 09:59 PM
I think that'd be right. I might try and tally them tomorrow. It'd be pretty close.

I dunno whether I want to count them?

simmsy
23rd October 2013, 10:02 PM
I don't think u could if u tried.

Do u count broken and dented buggy parts too??

990B Luva
23rd October 2013, 10:04 PM
Snapped a Purple Ice years back. then also snapped a Prolite 35X in the same head about 8 months later. Thats it.

LeftyHoges
23rd October 2013, 10:06 PM
Snapped a Purple Ice years back. then also snapped a Prolite 35X in the same head about 8 months later. Thats it.

I think I've still got a purple ice lying around somewhere!

I dunno whether I want to count them?

You've had more years at it than I have. Haven't you? I've been playing 15.

Do u count broken and dented buggy parts too??

Awww, shit. There's 2 more things to add to the list. I once broke my buggy wheel literally 30 minutes after pulling it out of the box once.

hocko
23rd October 2013, 10:12 PM
I think I've still got a purple ice lying around somewhere!

You've had more years at it than I have. Haven't you? I've been playing 15.

Awww, shit. There's 2 more things to add to the list. I once broke my buggy wheel literally 30 minutes after pulling it out of the box once.

Maybe a couple more......about 12?????
I have a lot of X100 wedge shafts thar are in two pieces.

990B Luva
23rd October 2013, 10:12 PM
The Purple Ice was evil. Nothing but left at a time I was hitting fades. Probably a tad weak given I was playing a JYS7.5X in driver at the time.....

oldracer
23rd October 2013, 11:11 PM

Do u count broken and dented buggy parts too?? haha just what I was thinking, put a big mark on the new cart when a 7 iron wasn't behaving on the praccy fairway, piffed it but ended up being at the cart, felt pretty pathetic afterwards

jimandr
23rd October 2013, 11:11 PM
You can absolutely guarantee that any club you break early in a round will be the club most needed later on, and probably on the very next hole. I've never broken one in anger, but I particularly recall my pitching wedge head flying off on the 1st at New Brighton many years ago. Naturally, I forgot about it and laid up to perfect pitching wedge distance on the 2nd, then again on the 5th, the 12th and the 14th.

I actually miss the good old days of bound wooden heads that flew off with 30 yards of twine attached.

I have another question for the readers. I always think the sight of a golfer with a grip in hand but no clubhead is one of the funniest things you can see, but I'm not game to laugh out loud at someone still in mid-tantrum. What is the etiquette?

oldracer
23rd October 2013, 11:14 PM
You can absolutely guarantee that any club you break early in a round will be the club most needed later on, and probably on the very next hole. I've never broken one in anger, but I particularly recall my pitching wedge head flying off on the 1st at New Brighton many years ago. Naturally, I forgot about it and laid up to perfect pitching wedge distance on the 2nd, then again on the 5th, the 12th and the 14th.

I actually miss the good old days of bound wooden heads that flew off with 30 yards of twine attached.

I have another question for the readers. I always think the sight of a golfer with a grip in hand but no clubhead is one of the funniest things you can see, but I'm not game to laugh out loud at someone still in mid-tantrum. What is the etiquette? hahaha I reckon piss yaself laffin out loud, slappin ya thighs and duck!!!!!!!

TheNuclearOne
23rd October 2013, 11:20 PM
Only breakage was a Daiwa Whisker shaft, cutting edge back when i broke it, must have been somewhere around 1990. Practising on my own for an Open, fenceline tight left. Went to fling it down the fairway but pulled it a little and it spun into a fence post and snapped. One could say i split the whisker!!!!! I'd kill to see the look on my face when it snapped. Had to get a hurried reshaft, it was steel and the club then felt like an anchor.

I've smacked 3 or 4 into the tee a bit hard in the last few years but no breakage. I haven't even seen a broken shaft in my last 5 years of golf. As a matter of fact i don't think i've ever seen one broken besides accidently whilst playing a shot close to a tree.

TheNuclearOne
23rd October 2013, 11:21 PM
I have another question for the readers. I always think the sight of a golfer with a grip in hand but no clubhead is one of the funniest things you can see, but I'm not game to laugh out loud at someone still in mid-tantrum. What is the etiquette?

I'd actually love to see this, even once LOL

FoxGolf
23rd October 2013, 11:26 PM
I did a few in my late teens. Snapped my next door neighbours putter by bashing it into the ground. And snapped the shaft in an 8 iron by trying to see how far I could kick it.

Have snapped a few tennis rackets too.

No clubs in the past 20 odd years.

Hatchman
23rd October 2013, 11:56 PM

I'd actually love to see this, even once LOL

Have seen it a couple of times and have had it happen to me.

1. Brand new set of Cobra TLC Grinds (worst sticks I've ever owned) 2 round with the set and head flew off 5 iron on the 5th hole. Couple of holes later lost the head off the 7. Checked a the rest and few more were coming apart. Whole lot had to go back to be re-glued.

2. In my junior days was playing with a mate. He tees off with the driver and shaft just snaps off half way. Dads hand me downs had a very small pin head size dent in the shaft, been used for years like that and just snapped that day.

3. Uncle had a set of graphite shafted ping eye 2 copies (can remember the name). 4 iron snapped off at the hosel hitting a shot into a long par 3. He had 3 more do the same over the next 6 months.

And yep it's hell funny seeing it happen to some one and the look on my own face would have been hell funny when it happened to me.

TheNuclearOne
24th October 2013, 12:07 AM
Have seen it a couple of times and have had it happen to me.

1. Brand new set of Cobra TLC Grinds (worst sticks I've ever owned) 2 round with the set and head flew off 5 iron on the 5th hole. Couple of holes later lost the head off the 7. Checked a the rest and few more were coming apart. Whole lot had to go back to be re-glued.

2. In my junior days was playing with a mate. He tees off with the driver and shaft just snaps off half way. Dads hand me downs had a very small pin head size dent in the shaft, been used for years like that and just snapped that day.

3. Uncle had a set of graphite shafted ping eye 2 copies (can remember the name). 4 iron snapped off at the hosel hitting a shot into a long par 3. He had 3 more do the same over the next 6 months.

And yep it's hell funny seeing it happen to some one and the look on my own face would have been hell funny when it happened to me.

I may have been a bit mixed up, i was picturing it courtesy of a tanty LOL.

I have seen a PW head come off, he stiffed it to 2 feet from about 110m even tho the head flew off. It was something to behold.

Shortylook
24th October 2013, 04:56 AM
I'd actually love to see this, even once LOL 1 or 2 month old mp59 6 iron head flew off at Harvey one day. Almost cried

Waddzy
24th October 2013, 07:22 AM
I have a 52 degree wedge in the bottom of a pond at my club.. 110 out turned into 104 out that turned into 100 out.. after I skulled one across the green I did the rory snap ( bending it against the ground) and hurled it into the piss. You can imagine every shot in for the rest of my round was 105m and I needed that 52. First and only golf club tantrum.

oncewasagolfer
24th October 2013, 10:49 AM
Not the only one, but most notable came at the VIC Champs last year. I chunked a 7 iron on the 10th tee at Moonah Links Legends, and in one fluid motion morphed the follow through into an axe-throw at the ground in front of me. Snapped it clean in half. :oops:

Wasn't that the result of someone in the gallery putting you off mid swing?

I used to throw them in my younger days a couple of notables being - throwing an 8i at a tree 50m away snapping the shaft and throwing a club up a tree and getting it stuck while everyone was watching on and having to borrow a ladder and get it down. I have had plenty of reason lately to do it but have held back and now I just verbally abuse myself instead.

Courty
24th October 2013, 10:25 PM
Wasn't that the result of someone in the gallery putting you off mid swing?

Gallery? NOBODY willingly goes out to a course just to watch me play. :lol:

AndyP
24th October 2013, 10:31 PM
It was BenM's jingling. He ruined that tee shot for both of us.

BenM
25th October 2013, 06:41 PM
It was BenM's jingling. He ruined that tee shot for both of us.

Don't think I was jingling by then. Muttering under my breath loudly, yeah... Swearing at myself about the path rash on my wedge that I'd helicoptered up the concrete path the hole before.

Didn't break it though so I fail at this thread.

I haven't snapped a club since I was a junior. It might come as a surprise to know that they were all putters :)

Grunt
25th October 2013, 08:07 PM
I have not broken a club in anger but have had several break during the shot.

Most recent one was a game a Kogarah with Titty where I hit a tree root and if the club didn't break my wrist would have.

LeftyHoges
11th March 2014, 04:49 PM
Did we have any casualties at VIC Champs?

Courty
11th March 2014, 05:07 PM
Did we have any casualties at VIC Champs?

Does 'smell like piss' count?

:lol:

solarbear
11th March 2014, 08:41 PM
Broken about 4 clubs in my golfing life. One I smashed the crap out of over my buggy. The others I just snapped at the ground and they broke...'was kinda surprised as I didn't snap them that hard. Been about a year since I broke my last and it was one where I just snapped it at the ground after'a bad shot and it snapped about 4 inches up the shaft.

androooo
14th March 2014, 12:05 AM
Broke an 8 iron on the practice fairway when I was younger...

Thrown a Ping Anser off a cliff...

Had to replace a Pilgrim buggy handle a few times...

Slammed an "unbreakable" Cobra Ultramid driver into a teemarker so hard, it split...

I'm better now :)

live4golf
14th March 2014, 06:04 AM
Far too many to mention here.

One of my more cringe worthy efforts was a gentle toss of my $1000 ft5ta that missed the nice soft grass and hit the cart path, scratching the crap out of the head and significantly reducing resale value :-(

I think I am better now and I have realised it is much more fun to ho unhappy clubs.

LeftyHoges
14th March 2014, 08:39 AM
Broke an 8 iron on the practice fairway when I was younger...

Thrown a Ping Anser off a cliff...

Had to replace a Pilgrim buggy handle a few times...

Slammed an "unbreakable" Cobra Ultramid driver into a teemarker so hard, it split...

I'm better now :)

I've always thought practice was evil. This proves it.

Love the Anser over a cliff! :lol:

I've bent a lot of buggy handles over my time but never snapped. Well done.

mrbluu
14th March 2014, 08:47 AM

I've broken a few biggy wheels including a spoke on an mgi. I bent the axle at the same time.

androooo
14th March 2014, 09:38 AM

Thank you sir.

I have only broken 1 club in the last 10 years, and it wasn't entirely my fault.

This is the story...

Played with a new member at Tasmania Golf Club. He'd only been there for 2 months, coming from another club from up north I believe.

For 14 straight holes, I got a run down of everything I did wrong on each shot... I even hit one to a foot on a par 3 and was told "I would have worked it in the other way."

This Muppet (21 HCP) obviously had no idea who I was, my history, record ect... It got to the stage, where after I hit a wedge into 15 to 5 feet that "should have been brought in lower", I snapped.

Wedge, clicgear wheel... Snap.

I then proceeded to stab a tree with the grip end of the shaft and leave it there, sticking out 5 feet up the trunk. It was him or the club... Tough choice.

I said nothing.

Finished the round signed my card for 73 or something and went and had a beer, only to be joined by said Muppet.

He told me where I was going wrong and what I could fix if I wanted to lower my handicap. I just started chuckling. He then asked what I played off, told him.... He just got up and walked out, to which another playing partner yelled after him... "Don't trip over Andrew's name in gold paint all over the boards... Clown".

He lasted 6 months before he couldn't get a game with anyone.

Since kids, I'm much calmer. I don't break clubs anymore... I just take it out on the missus :)

sms316
14th March 2014, 09:51 AM
And you blokes deny that inbreeding goes on in Tasmania.

androooo
14th March 2014, 10:00 AM
Only happens in the NE part of the state

LeftyHoges
14th March 2014, 10:01 AM
Thank you sir.

I have only broken 1 club in the last 10 years, and it wasn't entirely my fault.

This is the story...

Played with a new member at Tasmania Golf Club. He'd only been there for 2 months, coming from another club from up north I believe.

For 14 straight holes, I got a run down of everything I did wrong on each shot... I even hit one to a foot on a par 3 and was told "I would have worked it in the other way."

This Muppet (21 HCP) obviously had no idea who I was, my history, record ect... It got to the stage, where after I hit a wedge into 15 to 5 feet that "should have been brought in lower", I snapped.

I then proceeded to stab a tree with the grip end of the shaft and leave it there, sticking out 5 feet up the trunk. It was him or the club... Tough choice.

I said nothing.

Finished the round signed my card for 73 or something and went and had a beer, only to be joined by said Muppet.

He told me where I was going wrong and what I could fix if I wanted to lower my handicap. I just started chuckling. He then asked what I played off, told him.... He just got up and walked out, to which another playing partner yelled after him... "Don't trip over Andrew's name in gold paint all over the boards... Clown".

Since kids, I'm much calmer. I don't break clubs anymore... I just take it out on the missus :)

Not a tough choice at all.

Should have been him.

Lagerlover
14th March 2014, 10:12 AM
Thank you sir.

This is the story...

I said nothing.

That's brilliant. :lol:
How did he critique your tree stabbing?

mrbluu
14th March 2014, 10:17 AM
bwhahaha

androooo
14th March 2014, 01:11 PM

Funnily enough, he said nothing.

I did get a "unofficial" warning from the Captain, who was playing behind me as he handed back the shaft. Something about damaging native trees or the like... It was with a smile on his face, as he knew what had happened. He'd played with Muppet a couple of weeks before.

Ned
14th March 2014, 06:39 PM
Funnily enough, he said nothing.I did get a "unofficial" warning from the Captain, who was playing behind me as he handed back the shaft. Something about damaging native trees or the like... It was with a smile on his face, as he knew what had happened. He'd played with Muppet a couple of weeks before. Maybe he could help Courty with his 7 iron issue!!!!! :wink:

androooo
14th March 2014, 08:32 PM
He and my ex #1 would have made a great pair...

She used to joke "are you in?"

Was all fun and games till I replied, just one time, "I don't know"

Supply gone for a month

Coldtopper
14th March 2014, 09:15 PM
Snapped a Cleveland wood over my knee in the Luguna Quays pro am ended up in Proserpine hospital getting the splinters out!! Watching a club snap is so funny watching a helicopter land in the water and not be able to be retrieved is better!

Gw 86
14th March 2014, 09:57 PM
Never hit your bag ! I snapped my 4 iron on my bag and snapped both hybrid shafts as well .

BenM
14th March 2014, 09:58 PM
Smashing your club against your buggy and seeing the head fly off at about 100kph, whizzing past a playing partner and missing by maybe a metre, makes you realise that it's best to take a deep breath before breaking clubs, and do it in a safe manner for OH&S reasons.

That's why I now carry a pair of safety glasses and other assorted PPE in my bag. When I feel the urge to snap a club I can warn my playing partners to stand well clear, don the required safety equipment and smash away.

This has been a message from your friendly neighbourhood work (and play) place safety representative ;)

BenM
14th March 2014, 10:00 PM
Never hit your bag ! I snapped my 4 iron on my bag and snapped both hybrid shafts as well .

Correct. A mate showed me a club the other day that was bent about an inch or two from the butt of the grip. Smashed a club on his bag, broke it, wrecked one of his irons as well. Maybe fixable but still not good.

You also need to be mindful of other stuff in your bag. I smashed mine and split the dry pocket wide open. It's okay, I taped it up but its not so watertight now... the thing that made me crap my dacks afterwards was that my mobile phone and keys were in there. There was a very big 'oh shit' moment when I realised, thankfully they were okay but it could've easily been an expensive lesson!

WBennett
14th March 2014, 10:02 PM
I have seen a shattered iphone after a tantrum. Loser deserved it for carrying on like a baby

BenM
14th March 2014, 10:07 PM
I can honestly say I have not hit my bag with a golf club since that day. It genuinely scared me.

The wheels of my buggy on the other hand have a few chunks missing...

Ferrins
14th March 2014, 10:17 PM
I struggled to get a game when I was a member at Tasmania GC, so I left.

LeftyHoges
29th April 2014, 10:59 AM
Does a certain WAnker need to confess in here???

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/29/6utepury.jpg

mrbluu
29th April 2014, 11:05 AM
Thank you sir.

This is the story...

I said nothing.

I still get a chuckle out of this story!!!

Shadesy
29th April 2014, 12:29 PM
Does a certain WAnker need to confess in here???

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/29/6utepury.jpg

They dont make them like they used to..

The buggy came out of no where, I swear, it was self defence!

Marto65
29th April 2014, 04:48 PM
Why all the anger, Shadesy? Come over here and sit with me, hefty and Courty and discuss your new problem.

Johnny Canuck
29th April 2014, 04:49 PM
Why all the anger, Shadesy? Come over here and sit with me, hefty and Courty and discuss your new problem.

Putting issues*

*not his

sms316
29th April 2014, 05:05 PM
Full retard by association?

Johnny Canuck
29th April 2014, 05:17 PM
Yep. Known as "those guys" at the club now.

Jackson
29th April 2014, 10:11 PM
Putting issues*

*not his
Sounds like an interesting story behind that, do tell!

Johnny Canuck
29th April 2014, 11:27 PM
Sounds like an interesting story behind that, do tell!

4bbb match play. Partner ashes shoots 106 nett 93.

3 putts to win, needs 4.

5 stabs first hole of the day.

7&5.

Jackson
29th April 2014, 11:28 PM
Oh my...

G.K
30th April 2014, 12:32 AM
I guess that explains this post in the putter recommendation thread........

A Bettinardi will transform your game.

Maybe not exactly the transformation he was looking for? And to think I was having a semi-serious look at a number of Betti putters online over the weekend. Now I'm not so sure.........

Ashes
30th April 2014, 08:08 AM
Full retard by association?

Hi

talbo
1st May 2014, 07:14 PM
I've broken 4 clubs, 2 accidentally and 2 having a tantrum!

Skulled a 3i from the rough and it sailed over the back of the green into the shit, turned around and smacked a tee trunk wrapping shaft almost entirely around the trunk. Second one was around 8 years ago when I decided to try and hit this par 5 in 2 knowing full well that I would have to flush a 3 wood to get there. Made good contact but lost the ball right of the target and into the shit, smacked the head into the fairway and it snapped clean off the shaft like it had been sawed! Haven't come close to breaking another club since....

hocko
1st May 2014, 07:58 PM
Just checking in here.

sms316
1st May 2014, 08:02 PM
Just checking in here. I find that difficult to believe.

hocko
1st May 2014, 08:25 PM
I bet you do.....bloody kids!

Johnny Canuck
1st May 2014, 09:19 PM
I find that difficult to believe.

He lives here.

This is his "what's no longer in the bag" thread.

magman
2nd May 2014, 01:31 AM
hey all, my first post here,

I only broken one club before, and it was my brothers. I was visiting him and we went for a quick 9, I was borrowing some of his clubs, and after a hole, I tried to show him how you can drive a putter, it was a two ball, and the head went flying into the water. After that I finished the 9 putting with a 4 iron, as I was too embarrassed to ask to borrow his putter.

Coldtopper
12th May 2014, 10:43 PM
Im back! Jack O'Toole style I drive my wedge into a ironbark tree over 10 times last Wednesday. Bent the shaft and chunked the face. Never to be seen again 1 the club and 2 my membership at that turd hole! I must say this felt great! It has been many years between broken clubs nice to be back in business.

LeftyHoges
21st September 2014, 08:22 PM
Evening all...

coalesce
21st September 2014, 08:27 PM
Evening all...

Hi. Have you come to confess something? :)

mrbluu
21st September 2014, 08:30 PM
hey all, my first post here,

I only broken one club before, and it was my brothers. I was visiting him and we went for a quick 9, I was borrowing some of his clubs, and after a hole, I tried to show him how you can drive a putter, it was a two ball, and the head went flying into the water. After that I finished the 9 putting with a 4 iron, as I was too embarrassed to ask to borrow his putter.

Not in anger so it doesn't count!!!

Im back! Jack O'Toole style I drive my wedge into a ironbark tree over 10 times last Wednesday. Bent the shaft and chunked the face. Never to be seen again 1 the club and 2 my membership at that turd hole! I must say this felt great! It has been many years between broken clubs nice to be back in business.

Nice work!!!

LeftyHoges
21st September 2014, 08:31 PM
Hi. Have you come to confess something? :)

It's possible. ;)

mrbluu
21st September 2014, 08:32 PM
Evening all...

Hello....are u waiting to finishing ordering a new shaft before u do your write up??

LeftyHoges
21st September 2014, 08:33 PM
Hello....are u waiting to finishing ordering a new shaft before u do your write up??

Shit, good point. Anyone got any KBS Tour 6.5 6 iron shafts lying around?

PeteyD
21st September 2014, 08:36 PM
Oh dear.

Buzz
21st September 2014, 09:12 PM
More info required!!

LeftyHoges
21st September 2014, 09:15 PM
Tried to hit a basic 5 yard cut around a tree from 80 metres, missed it 20 long and 10 right. Helicoptered into buggy.

Ka-chink!!!

Coldtopper
21st September 2014, 09:15 PM
Evening all... Who?, What?, Where? And Why? Please!

LarryLong
21st September 2014, 09:16 PM
6 iron? Always trying to one-up Courty. :)

Coldtopper
21st September 2014, 09:17 PM
Tried to hit a basic 5 yard cut around a tree from 80 metres, missed it 20 long and 10 right. Helicoptered into buggy.

Ka-chink!!! on a Sunday?

LeftyHoges
21st September 2014, 09:22 PM
on a Sunday?

Days mean nothing to me. I can break a club whenever.

Coldtopper
21st September 2014, 10:06 PM
Days mean nothing to me. I can break a club whenever. thats cool by me Lefty! I really like reading about the misfortunes of others. Makes my ~@#$ ups feel better!

oldracer
21st September 2014, 11:58 PM
Days mean nothing to me. I can break a club whenever.can believe actually!!!!!

LeftyHoges
22nd September 2014, 12:01 AM
can believe actually!!!!!

And that's only from playing two rounds with me! (Both of which I played relatively decent too!)

oldracer
22nd September 2014, 04:11 PM
And that's only from playing two rounds with me! (Both of which I played relatively decent too!)you were sensational, your buggy copped it for being bad, very bad hahahaha

PeteyD
23rd September 2014, 08:00 AM
Nothing is ever dull when Lefty is playing

LeftyHoges
23rd September 2014, 09:49 AM
Nothing is ever dull when Lefty is playing

What can I say? I live to give. :lol:

-FIGJAM-
23rd September 2014, 11:21 AM
broke my driver at the driving range once.

managed to get it fixed though

highballin
25th September 2014, 01:44 PM
This guy is pretty good at it !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2768276/Foul-mouthed-golfer-breaks-clubs-massive-post-game-tantrum.html