PDA

View Full Version : Cricket: 2006 VB Series (Aust, SA, SL)

AndyP
13th January 2006, 02:47 PM
Well, the one dayers have begun. (Did they ever finish?)

I notice that Martyn is back in the side after his injury, which is good.
But I can't help thinking that his 20-20 performance demanded that he stay in the one day side. If he had done nothing in that game, would he have played today? Would the selectors just let him disappear off the international scene after his test dropping and injury preventing him from playing the ODIs?

AndyP
13th January 2006, 04:08 PM
6 sixes between them. What the hell is going on? How big is the ground?
3/232 (37.3ov) - looks like it could be a big score.

BrisWesty
13th January 2006, 04:19 PM
Nice dismissal of Symonds by wonder boy. :shock: :roll:
At least Roy saw the funny side.

Jarro
13th January 2006, 06:14 PM
i thought the Aussies lost their way a bit towards the end of their innings and should've scored closer to 350 :roll:

SL in trouble early though at 2/17 after 6 overs.

Grunt
13th January 2006, 06:48 PM
What a ball from Brett Lee?

Jarro
13th January 2006, 06:52 PM
What a ball from Brett Lee?

which ball was that Grant :?:

Grunt
13th January 2006, 06:54 PM
The 2nd ball of the innings.

Jarro
13th January 2006, 07:04 PM
oh yeah, that was pretty special 8)

Bruce
13th January 2006, 09:09 PM
Another day, another non contest.

That was an absolute smashing.

Fishman Dan
13th January 2006, 10:34 PM
What can i say.... Clark's was sensational, in getting rid of Sideshow Bob and finishing off the innings - and BRETT LEE! How good is this bloke!

Jarro
14th January 2006, 04:23 AM
What can i say.... Clark's was sensational, in getting rid of Sideshow Bob and finishing off the innings - and BRETT LEE! How good is this bloke!

take that eye-patch off mate :roll:

AndyP
14th January 2006, 08:52 AM
BRETT LEE! How good is this bloke!
Sometimes great. Sometimes shit house.

Grunt
14th January 2006, 01:01 PM
Less of the shit house nowadays :wink:

Jarro
14th January 2006, 01:56 PM
Symonds seems to be fitting in well now 8)

3oneday
14th January 2006, 02:48 PM
Less of the s#$% house nowadays :wink:yes, but he wasn't given the opportunity to ball beamers at the end either :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
14th January 2006, 06:34 PM
Symonds seems to be fitting in well now  8)

Who cares, we were talking about Lee.

And Clark..

Jarro
14th January 2006, 06:36 PM
Clarke's on shaky ground seeing as though he helped get the champion Symonds out last night.

Hopes is there forever ... great cricketer.

Fishman Dan
15th January 2006, 08:11 AM
Shaky ground? Symonds was obviously slowing down, so it was time for him to go. The umpire was going to fire him next time the ball clipped the pads anyway.

Then Clark came in and ensured the big total.

3oneday
15th January 2006, 09:22 AM
One of the guys I played golf with yesty reckons Lees ball was the 2nd best ball he has EVER seen. I reckon he's not far wrong.

Pete

Bruce
15th January 2006, 11:09 AM
Even I, the most strident of Brett Lee critics, am prepared to rate his bowling this summer as "good".

He had the brain explosion match against the Kiwis but has, on the whole, justified his place in taking the new ball for the mightiest cricket nation the world has, or indeed will, ever see.

It's been a long time coming.

Jarro
15th January 2006, 02:06 PM
just got home from golf to see the Aussies are 3/43 off 11 overs :shock:

What the hell happened :?:

Grunt
15th January 2006, 02:16 PM
Gilly bowled first ball
Katich caught at slip 3rd over
Martyn bowled 5th over

Jarro
15th January 2006, 02:17 PM
what the hell is going on in Gilly's head at the moment :roll:

Jarro
15th January 2006, 02:30 PM
in big strife now at 5/64 :smt011

this'll test out pup and Mr Cricket 8)

Grunt
15th January 2006, 03:50 PM
Was Kallis a bit silly hitting Brett Lee in the head?

Jarro
15th January 2006, 03:55 PM
nice fightback from the Aussies.

this guy Hussey just continues to impress, talk about an adaptable cricketer 8)

Grunt
15th January 2006, 04:27 PM
I know Hussey is playing well but Brett Lee is really starting to confirm his role as Australia's All rounder in the one day form of the game, maybe even the tests as well. His batting form may even help another fulltime bowler get into the side.

Grunt
15th January 2006, 04:33 PM
Great 50's to Brett Lee & Mike Hussey =D>

Grunt
15th January 2006, 04:45 PM
You guys in Brissy got the cricket all night with it being a sell out?

Grunt
15th January 2006, 04:48 PM
Lee finally out for 57
8 for 207

Grunt
15th January 2006, 04:53 PM
Great fightback buy the Aussies, regardless of the final result. 200+ after being 6/71 is just awesome.

Kemp has just dropped Stuart Clarke 2 balls in a row :oops: Clarke is now 15 off 6 balls.

Grunt
15th January 2006, 05:01 PM
All out 228 49.5 overs

Jarro
15th January 2006, 05:37 PM
at least we should see a closer match than the other night :roll:

3oneday
15th January 2006, 05:59 PM
at least we should see a closer match than the other night  :roll:typical crap Gabba wicket I see :roll: :roll:

Jarro
15th January 2006, 06:06 PM
at least we should see a closer match than the other night  :roll:typical crap Gabba wicket I see  :roll:  :roll:

well you NSWelsman would know a crap wicket when you saw it :P :lol:

I think the wicket is playing rather well ..... hardly to blame for the Aussies poor shot selection :roll:

Grunt
15th January 2006, 06:12 PM
The fight is on SA 2/28

Jarro
15th January 2006, 06:21 PM
how good a fieldsman is Symonds :smt038 :smt023

Fishman Dan
15th January 2006, 06:59 PM
How good was Brett "I can save Australia" Lee!

terryand
15th January 2006, 07:05 PM
How good was Brett "I can save Australia" Lee!

About bloody time he stood up and earned his keep :?

Terry.

Jarro
15th January 2006, 07:20 PM
Hussey was better

goughy
15th January 2006, 07:44 PM
2nd symonds run out attempt - he was out. Umpire grossly wrong to not call the 3rd umpire.

I heard a debate on abc radio the other day during the cricket involving Liz Ellis. She said in netball they have to also have neutral refs, which causes a problem for the aussie/nz games as they have the bulk of the worlds best refs.

Are we seeing the same thing in world cricket at times???

3oneday
15th January 2006, 09:18 PM
Could you qlders kindly ask Ian Healy to tone it down a touch.... he's trying to be Bill and failing miserably !!! :P

:wink:

Jarro
15th January 2006, 09:40 PM
Could you qlders kindly ask Ian Healy to tone it down a touch.... he's trying to be Bill and failing miserably !!! :P

:wink:

they should team him with Tubby Taylor then, at least things would even out :roll: At least Heals can say plasmavision :lol:

Taylor has the personality of a house plant :smt019

terryand
15th January 2006, 09:46 PM
Taylor has the personality of a house plant  :smt019

I would've said a wet Chux 8)

Terry.

terryand
15th January 2006, 09:48 PM
And Lee lost the game with that wonderful 17 run over :shock: They had em pinned untill then :roll:

Terry.

3oneday
15th January 2006, 09:59 PM
they should team him with Tubby Taylor then, at least things would even out  :roll: At least Heals can say plasmavision  :lol:Taylor is as boring as batshit, doesn't seem to have much to offer (or add), Heals doesn't say anything, he shouts it.

How about the 6 Boucher hit off McGrath  :shock:  :shock: never seemed to get 15 feet off the ground !!!!

Pete

crap qld weather

Trung
15th January 2006, 10:04 PM
whats happening to our bowlers lately...

We can't get 20 wickets in a test :? :?

We can't get 10 wickets in a one dayer :? :?

markTHEblake
15th January 2006, 10:09 PM
Time to kick all those NSW bowlers out and bring in some more Qlders, like Matty Hayden, who is still the best bowler in the country. Even Chuck Norris would be scared of facing an angry Hayden.

BrisWesty
15th January 2006, 10:15 PM
Gilly won't get back to his best until he goes back to using tour bats. :wink:
Seemed all a bit daft going off with 5 runs to win off 10 balls.

AndyP
15th January 2006, 11:22 PM
Summary from being at the game tonight.

Smith is a dickhead (even moreso at the ground).
Hussey is fantastic.
Aussies are great fielders and runners between the wickets (Bracken excluded), South Africans are not.
Lee was great, and then stuffed it with just one over (What was I saying about shit house in an earlier post?).

Fishman Dan
16th January 2006, 06:48 AM
Lee was great, and then stuffed it with just one over (What was I saying about s#$% house in an earlier post?).

You were there - then you would have seen Symo push the ball over the boundary in successive overs. He had the ball in his hands both times too, terrible fielding.

He should go in front of a match-fixing review panel.

Fishman Dan
16th January 2006, 06:51 AM
2nd symonds run out attempt - he was out.  Umpire grossly wrong to not call the 3rd umpire.

This is where the ambiguity of cricket adds to the game. Can we be absolutely sure his foot was raised? Tough call, no video could show us for sure, and it would have taken the 3rd umpire 5 minutes to say Not Out.

And the Aussies had a similar incident in their innings, when Boucher should have run someone out.

Vote [1] Ambiguity.

Fishman Dan
16th January 2006, 10:06 PM
It's all over for Gilly. He's been rested for 2 VB games - as well as being cited for dissent after the Symonds direct-hit not out. He's made 200 in 8 one day innings, and 285 in 7 tests (read - up to 14 innings). Not nearly good enough.

Factor in a dropped catch (off Hopes) and byes when he was keeping up to the stumps - well you wouldn't pick him for his keeping either.

Note to big-ears - you have to appeal for the umpire to consider giving anything out. I didn't notice any appeal when the stumps were broken, nor did any replays. Doing it after you've seen it on TV doesn't matter (see the rules about the ball being 'Dead').

Haddin - a star in the making.

Jarro
18th January 2006, 07:00 AM
cruisy win to the Lankans last night 8) 90 odd runs is a bit of a flogging, i wonder what tricks Smith has left in his bag to help lift his side :-k

The Gilly saga is a real concern too, lots of ex-players are criticising him and others in the current squad for argueing with the umpires all the time. I'm not sure if it's arrogance or frustration from the Aussies .... they certainly seem to have lost that sense of invincibility to me.

3oneday
18th January 2006, 07:18 AM
arrogance or frustration from the Aussies .... they certainly seem to have lost that sense of invincibility to me.you would have to say they would be frustrated after the crap decision for most of the summer, doesn't excuse it, but still annoying to see all the wrong decision. I know I would have the shites.

Pete

Jarro
18th January 2006, 07:23 AM
arrogance or frustration from the Aussies .... they certainly seem to have lost that sense of invincibility to me.you would have to say they would be frustrated after the crap decision for most of the summer, doesn't excuse it, but still annoying to see all the wrong decision. I know I would have the s#$%.

Pete

agreed that the umpiring has been pretty ordinary all summer, but the decisions have been bad for all parties.. not just the Aussies.

You know something isn't right when Gilly argues constantly with the umpires and doesn't make bugger all runs :shock:

pressure perhaps :?

3oneday
18th January 2006, 07:40 AM
You know something isn't right when Gilly argues constantly with the umpires and doesn't make bugger all runs  :shock:

pressure perhaps  :?well, for one, he has NEVER been a good enough wicket keeper to warrant standing up to the stumps. Apart from Lee, he was partly responsible for the loss the other night. Also to be 2-0 or whatever they were is rubbish.

Anyway, they used to say it was harder to get out of the Aussie cricket team. I thought that was changing but there still seems to be a protected few. Funny how it's the ones with the most endorsements :wink:

Pete

Fishman Dan
18th January 2006, 09:36 PM
Jarro - it's not about the decisions, it's about accepting the decision, whichever way it goes. That's one thing the Aussies have been too arrogant to understand, that they think they can discuss or argue any call by an umpire, good bad or ugly.

Decision made, get on with it.

terryand
20th January 2006, 03:20 PM
Bye bye Katich(not before time either) :smt039 Can't see him getting a look in after a great start to his career by Jaques =D>

Terry.

Jarro
20th January 2006, 06:19 PM
2/27 off 10 overs.

Lee has the wickets so far. Could've had one in the first over if Jaques didn't drop a sitter  :roll:

Fishman Dan
20th January 2006, 06:32 PM
Pressure building..... Sth Africa must be waiting for Symonds to loosen up... :P

Fishman Dan
20th January 2006, 07:49 PM
That's possibly the best captaincy i've ever witnessed.

After Symo gets bashed for a 6, he looks at others options, chucks the ball to Binga and mutters a few words - "Gimme a wicket thanks mate?".

MAKE THAT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jarro
20th January 2006, 07:52 PM
[quote="Fishman Dan"]That's possibly the best captaincy i've ever witnessed.

[quote]

bit of a backflip from your usual stance on Pontings captaincy :roll:

Fishman Dan
20th January 2006, 07:56 PM
Gee you're quick Jarro.... i don't care what the others say, i think you've always got a finger on the pulse :lol:

Mate, anyone who denies Symo a bowl for Lee - who then takes 2 wickets, is a genius.

Jarro
20th January 2006, 07:59 PM
i think the wicket is doing him a lot of favours mate.

Fishman Dan
20th January 2006, 08:00 PM
... and five-for!

Fishman Dan
20th January 2006, 08:00 PM

You reckon? It didn't seem to 'play up' when they were spanking Symo into the bleaches? :lol:

When a bloke is bowling 149.9 km's, then you make your own luck. Fact is they, they are POO scared!

Jarro
20th January 2006, 08:02 PM

You reckon? It didn't seem to 'play up' when they were spanking Symo into the bleaches? :lol:

When a bloke is bowling 149.9 km's, then you make your own luck. Fact is they, they are POO scared!

bit of a difference in pace mate ... kinda like my clubhead speed versus yours :wink:

terryand
20th January 2006, 08:05 PM
Come on Fishy,you are just still p!ssed that Symonds is keeping wonderboy out of the test side :lol: Try givin the guy some credit just once,cosidering all the amazing and freakish thing he has and can do :smt102

Terry.

Fishman Dan
20th January 2006, 08:11 PM
Tez - he's a magician.. i saw what he can do... make a ball disappear into the crowd.

I guess in a sick kind of way he inspired this collapse ;)

Jarro
20th January 2006, 08:15 PM
good to see Haddin take that catch off Hogg.

Gilly wouldn't have got a glove on it :roll: :lol:

terryand
20th January 2006, 08:44 PM
Tez - he's a magician.. i saw what he can do... make a ball disappear into the crowd.

I guess in a sick kind of way he inspired this collapse ;)

For God sake Fishy stop talking in conundrums :?

Terry.

raidrboy
20th January 2006, 09:07 PM
A few of the boys at the football club tonight got their tizzies in a tangle as to whether Jacques was out caught behind. They thought it came of his shoulder. I thought he was out, any comments!! [-X

terryand
20th January 2006, 09:17 PM
Shoulder from the behind view :?

Terry.

3oneday
20th January 2006, 09:19 PM
A few of the boys at the football club tonight got their tizzies in a tangle as to whether Jacques was out caught behind. They thought it came of his shoulder. I thought he was out, any comments!! [-XAccording to the commentators (greig I think) he didn't hit it...

Not that anyone said anything of course :wink:

:lol:

Pete

Fishman Dan
20th January 2006, 10:40 PM
ABC radio was conclusively not out

Grunt
21st January 2006, 05:03 AM
You think Katitch has a chance of getting his spot back now?

Jarro
21st January 2006, 05:25 AM
Katich will get back in.

Jaques was on a hiding to nothing really, he knew he was only gonna be in the side for one, maybe two matches at best.

we can't have too many more NSWelshman in the side anyway ... otherwise they'll start a campaign to get Ricky Stuart as coach :roll:

Grunt
21st January 2006, 06:19 PM
Looks as if Jaques is going to play tomorrow and Katitch rested again. Wonder what will happen if he has a good dig again?

Fishman Dan
22nd January 2006, 02:33 PM
Solid start by Hopes.... :roll:

No idea what he and Dorey are doing in the team with McGrath resting. Australia needs to win this game, why aren't we putting our best 11 on the field?

Jarro
22nd January 2006, 03:23 PM
nice comeback to earth for Lee :roll:

Roy is THE MAN 8)

Fishman Dan
22nd January 2006, 04:05 PM
Roy is a potty-mouth! :lol:

Jarro
22nd January 2006, 04:11 PM
you'd squark like a budgie if you got knocked on the head with a nice, heavy piece of willow too :roll:

i love the stump mic's 8)

goughy
29th January 2006, 04:09 PM
How good are mcgrath and lee bowling today so far. And symonds is still showing his freakish efforts in the field. How he stopped that 4, then another direct hit runnout. I'd have never said this about a cricketer before but he's almost worth having in the team for his fielding alone. And he's bowling well anyway.

Jarro
29th January 2006, 06:20 PM
couldn't agree more Goughy :smt003

AndyP
1st February 2006, 10:29 AM
That's pyjama cricket for ya.
Wait til next year when we have the three match series against the Kiwis, the VB series, followed by the World Cup. Probably more than that too.
And don't forget a couple of extra 20-20 matches.

Too much.

brad
1st February 2006, 12:10 PM
There's no such thing as too much sport on TV - better than reality TV shows. Although, I agree they are getting more boring, take the poor performances of Sri Lanka lately, just like they had a mental edge and then lost it.

Jarro
1st February 2006, 02:33 PM
There's no such thing as too much sport on TV - better than reality TV shows.

couldn't agree more Brad :smt023

AndyP
3rd February 2006, 08:39 PM
Yet another snoozefest. We aren't even talking about this series in the forum anymore.
I resorted to watching Better Homes & Gardens instead. That's just sad.

Bruce
3rd February 2006, 09:21 PM
It was over the minute Roy and Shameless started tonking them all over the place. Then the Sarfies get off to another shocking start.

Wake me when the tests start up again.

terryand
3rd February 2006, 09:23 PM
Shameless????????????

Terry.

Jarro
4th February 2006, 04:17 AM
Shameless????????????

Terry.

shameless HUSSEY ;)

terryand
4th February 2006, 07:18 AM
Is that his nickname or the one Bruce has given him.I thought they called him "Mr.Cricket".

Terry.

brad
4th February 2006, 07:27 AM
shameless HUSSEY ;)

:-D ... if enought people use it ... :-D

Would have liked to see Lee get his 5 even though he was meant to be resting.

Grunt
4th February 2006, 01:51 PM
Lee was bowling great wasn't he? Thing is though without Lee the bowling attack is really thin. Maybe Warne coming back to the One Day game might come to fruition. I think Dizzy Gillespie or Shaun Tait might make the South African tour if McGrath does not go.

Jarro
4th February 2006, 03:09 PM
i wonder how long it'll be before Lee accidently kisses one of the boys in a post-wickettaking embrace ??

I think he's shown enormous restraint up till now.

Grunt
5th February 2006, 10:48 AM
Yesterday at Golf the guys at Mac Grange were talking how the cricket has seemed to go for far too long this year. It was not unlike what was said here earlier this week. Wonder if Cricket Australia are getting the same input.
Also are the games in other captials live all day like they are when the games are in Sydney?

Grunt
5th February 2006, 01:49 PM
Gilly going nuts again this afternoon 0/55 of 6.4 overs

BrisWesty
5th February 2006, 01:54 PM
shameless HUSSEY ;)

Shouldn't it be Bowled (to) Hussey?

Grunt
5th February 2006, 03:02 PM
Over 7 runs an over at the moment 2/156 off 20.2
Symonds & Ponting going for the Slog:smt038

Jarro
5th February 2006, 03:04 PM
Ponting looks like he is keen for a total of 400 :shock:

Grunt
5th February 2006, 03:06 PM
Did you see the projection screen the highest projection was 500+

Jarro
5th February 2006, 03:08 PM
i'm betting on a total around 350

Grunt
5th February 2006, 03:12 PM
The old formula of doubling the score at 30 overs will be interesting if it works. Could be 400 +

Grunt
5th February 2006, 03:13 PM
Symonds gone 3/168

AndyP
5th February 2006, 03:46 PM
Also are the games in other captials live all day like they are when the games are in Sydney?
Yeah, I think so, at least the Aussie matches anyway. Certainly was in Brisbane.

Jarro
5th February 2006, 05:34 PM
if the venue is a sell-out then i believe it's channel 9's policy to show the game live in that city.

5 runs out in my prediction too ;)

McMw
6th February 2006, 02:13 AM
fwiw, I say leave Hussey @ 7...the guy is too good in that position!!!

Jarro
10th February 2006, 07:35 PM
1st final .. Aus Vs SL .... Aussies are chasing 275 to win and are currently 5/122 after 25 overs.

Katich has gotta go .. 3 runouts he's been involved in tonight :-x

Grunt
10th February 2006, 07:51 PM
I reckon he was only to blame for 2, Martyn ran himself out. I agree that katitch has to go though.

Jarro
10th February 2006, 07:59 PM
another bloody run-out :roll:

BrisWesty
10th February 2006, 08:00 PM
Can Dilshan win man of the match for running (almost) all the Aussies out?

Grunt
10th February 2006, 08:01 PM
It is ridiculous 5 run outs & a Stumping.

Jarro
10th February 2006, 08:02 PM
Hopes is our last hope ;)

Jarro
10th February 2006, 08:14 PM
we're gawwwwwn :roll:

Grunt
10th February 2006, 08:19 PM
Cricket Australia now get the 3rd game in Brissy, more cash for them

Jarro
10th February 2006, 08:23 PM
might have to get along to the game in Brissy then i think 8)

3oneday
10th February 2006, 08:24 PM
might have to get along to the game in Brissy then i think 8)nah, 2-0 to the Lankans

Jarro
10th February 2006, 08:28 PM
that would definitely NOT be in CA's plans :smt018

Matt 3 Jab
12th February 2006, 01:45 PM
3/21 after 5 overs!!!!
what are we doing!!!

Grunt
12th February 2006, 02:17 PM
Coming back now 18 off the last over

Grunt
12th February 2006, 02:21 PM
Symonds & Ponting starting to carve them up 3/78 after 13.3

goughy
12th February 2006, 03:06 PM
Nothing controversial about it Tony. I swear if the ball bounced 5 times on the ground before it went into the fielders hands you'd still say it was the camera angle or something.

I say Tony is no longer allowed to comment on any aussie dismissals. He's already got both his own feet in his mouth, I'd hate to see Richies in there too. We shouldn't resort to cannabilism.

And dosen't he realise you must always agree with what Richie says. I'm sure Bill does.

Jarro
12th February 2006, 03:22 PM
you could clearly see the ball bounce before it hit the fielders hands :roll:

TG is a ****head anyay

goughy
12th February 2006, 04:49 PM
Probably one of the most enjoyable innings of cricket to watch ever for me. I started watching after the first 3 wickets. But just the sheer intelligence of pontings and symonds innings was a joy to watch. How easily they were scoring just by tapping singles and 2's around. Australia is certainly the team to show the others that od cricket isn't all about 4's and 6's. But damn if they can't hit them when available.

Trung
12th February 2006, 05:04 PM
:mrgreen:

3/21 after 5 overs!!!!
what are we doing!!!

5/368

Not bad hey Matt :mrgreen:

terryand
12th February 2006, 05:07 PM
All I can say is...WOW..

And who said this cricket was boring....

AP[-X

Terry.

AndyP
12th February 2006, 05:23 PM
And who said this cricket was boring....

AP[-X
Never said it was boring, just too much of it, and nowhere near as good as the real stuff.

That said, it wasn't bad for pyjama cricket.

My favourite stat: Chucker 0/99 (10 overs).
Would have been great to get one more off him too.

terryand
12th February 2006, 05:31 PM
Never said it was boring, just too much of it, and nowhere near as good as the real stuff.

That said, it wasn't bad for pyjama cricket.

My favourite stat: Chucker 0/99 (10 overs).
Would have been great to get one more off him too.

Didn't they try hard to put 100 on him.You could see the disappointment on Hussey's face when he only got a single off the 2nd last ball.

Terry.

goughy
12th February 2006, 05:42 PM
Thank god we were 3 for 10. Who knows how much smaller a total they might have scored otherwise.

So, how do you chase down 7+ runs an over. Especially when you're 1 for 4.

Let's see - put on 50 in the first 10 overs and your still chasing 300+ at about 8 an over. Game over.

What'll kill them is they'll come out slogging and lose wickets. Aussies show'd how you can score 368 with a ton of singles and 2's with all the boundary's rather than dot balls and boundary's.

133 off the last 10 overs. Great cricket by those 4.

goughy
12th February 2006, 05:46 PM
Wasn't it symonds who had the choice to play for either england or australia a few years back, and chose aust and was playing for aust A.

Who thinks he made the right choice?

CobraSS
12th February 2006, 07:23 PM
Wasn't it symonds who had the choice to play for either england or australia a few years back, and chose aust and was playing for aust A.

Yes, it was him.

Who thinks he made the right choice?

Yeah he did, but you can bet he would have play alot more test match cricket if he had gone the pommy way, but I don't think it would have made him a better player.

Grunt
14th February 2006, 02:11 PM
Anyone of you QLD'er going to go to the cricket after work?

Looks like a great day there.

Grunt
14th February 2006, 02:12 PM
Aussies going ok but boy they could have them in heaps of trouble if they stopped making basic fielding mistakes. Katitch dropped a sitter and just before Mick Lewis ran under the ball totally mis judged the catch

AndyP
14th February 2006, 02:18 PM
I've been offered tickets from mates a couple of times. I've decided to give it a miss.

Won't be on TV here after 3:30p either.

Grunt
14th February 2006, 02:22 PM
Bummer Andy, Do you guys want me to post updates tonight?

AndyP
14th February 2006, 02:25 PM
Bummer Andy, Do you guys want me to post updates tonight?
Some might. I'm not fussed.
I can always turn on a radio.

Grunt
14th February 2006, 03:50 PM
To you Qld'ers they just said the cricket will be on live all night, but the news will be on at 5 your time so as not to miss any cricket.

AndyP
14th February 2006, 03:51 PM
To you Qld'ers they just said the cricket will be on live all night, but the news will be on at 5 your time so as not to miss any cricket.
My brother is there, and he said it was filling up. Once the after-work crowd get in, it should be pretty chockers.

Grunt
14th February 2006, 04:39 PM
Gee Tony Grieg is really starting to **** me off with his anti-aussie comments when something controversial happens in each game.

Also his comments about the upcoming South African tour, how the coverage is only available on foxSports. Anyone every heard someone promote a competitor so openly.

Bruce
14th February 2006, 04:52 PM
His attempt to make something out of nothing on Shameless' position when the ball was bowled for the catch had me reaching for something to throw.

How much more clearly does a guy need to be inside the line for that ****wit to see it?

[edit: A swearword made it through - I will send it to an admin]

Fishman Dan
14th February 2006, 05:42 PM
Thankfully they are showing a Current Affair...

Jarro
14th February 2006, 06:28 PM
Aussies making a steady start ... they might need to hurry up though, there might be showers around

Grunt
14th February 2006, 06:30 PM
Really Jarro, I have not got to watch it yet, as Rachelle is watching her shows on one and Tayla is watching play School on the other. 8pm shall see me get TV access

Jarro
14th February 2006, 07:11 PM
all but over now .... 0/138 off 23 overs and Gilly is carting them to all parts

Grunt
14th February 2006, 07:13 PM
He is going so well isn't he. Just on halfway and almost halfway into the overs too.

Jarro
14th February 2006, 07:20 PM
great ton to Gilly.

100 off 60 odd balls ... outstanding

AndyP
14th February 2006, 07:50 PM
Better than the duck he had last time at the Gabba.

3oneday
14th February 2006, 09:39 PM
Better than the duck he had last time at the Gabba.I dunno, you reckon ???

McMw
14th February 2006, 10:15 PM
Lee goes wicketless 2 games straight...wheels are wobbling right??? :wink:

Bruce
14th February 2006, 10:17 PM
Adelaide was clearly an abberration. Aussies smashed them in the last 2 games. Only Katich nursing himself to the ton stopped this being over inside 40 overs. Was it as hot as it looked in Brissy tonight?

Jarro
15th February 2006, 03:36 AM
they said they interviewed Muralitharan before the game and he said it was more humid at the 'Gabba than in Colombo ..... very humid here yesterday :(

AndyP
15th February 2006, 08:14 AM
Lee goes wicketless 2 games straight...wheels are wobbling right??? :wink:
3 games straight. 0/148.

Fishman Dan
15th February 2006, 09:37 AM
Ditto the boring cricket comment. It just lacked excitement, even though 1/2 way through the tournament any team could make it.

It's a product of too much exposure to cricket - including that 20/20 rubbish.

Bring on Footy season!

Grunt
15th February 2006, 07:44 PM
From sportal.com.au

The police described the crowd behaviour during Tuesday's VB Series decider as a "tragedy" for the sport, after evicting 72 people and arresting 14 others.

The third final was held up late in Australia's successful second innings run-chase against Sri Lanka for five minutes, as missiles in the form of bottles and beer cups were thrown onto the arena.

"I think the tragedy here is that it's a small amount of the crowd that go to the game with no more intent but to drink alcohol and cause as much interruption ... as they can," Inspector Les Hopkins told AAP.

Queensland Cricket chief Graham Dixon has warned that the actions of a minority in the crowd will harm the Gabba's reputation, the Brisbane venue only hosting the final because of the MCG's commitments with the Commonwealth Games.

"All that goodwill and credence we get for this venue ... you lose that impetus through a few mugs who behave the way they did," Dixon said.

Dixon said alcohol was not a major factor, with spirits and full strength beer not being served in public areas at the Gabba.

"I don't know what their excuse is except to be there to create a nuisance," Dixon said.

Australian chairman of selectors Trevor Hohns agrees that crowd behaviour is an issue in cricket, but has no answers on how to best deal with the issue.

"It is something that everyone needs to be mindful of, and how they go about stamping that out, I don't know," he said.

I guess you QLD'ers could not behave ehh?
http://sportal.com.au/webi/space.gif

AndyP
16th February 2006, 08:57 AM
the Brisbane venue only hosting the final because of the MCG's commitments with the Commonwealth Games. http://sportal.com.au/webi/space.gif
That sounds like bull**** to me. The Gabba was lined up to host the third final last year (or maybe the year before), and there was no issue with the availability of the 'G' then.

The same thing happened at the preliminary game at the Gabba, and it didn't stop the game, and the police did bugger all.

If the police ejected more people earlier in the game for their behaviour, instead of when it's out of control, it would serve a warning to the rest.

As soon as someone throws something in the air, they should be throwing them out.