PDA

View Full Version : Best play in Sydney to get fitted for new titleist ap2s?

davepuppies
15th October 2013, 10:45 PM
I am fairly sure I am going to buy the 714ap2s.

What would be the best place in Sydney to get fitted properly? Do titleist have a fitting centre like callaways in Sydney?

I presume a proper fitting includes shaft selection, lie angles and length?

If I get fitted locally I assume I pay for the session, then that cost will come off the future purchase?

Do clubs bought from Fargo carry full warranty?

Cheers

Icestorm959
15th October 2013, 11:01 PM
Thornleigh Golf Centre had a Titleist fitting today (useful I know).

I think if you go to the Titleist Australia site they have a schedule of upcoming demo and fitting days.
http://www.titleist.com.au/events/
(http://www.titleist.com.au/events/)
I got fitted for mizunos last week and that included length, lie and shaft selection, so I'd assume that a titleist fitting would have the same thing.

davepuppies
15th October 2013, 11:21 PM
Cheers.....

I might enquire at one of the days listed.

JADO75
16th October 2013, 12:10 AM
Jon Beech is a Titleist rep that does most of his work out of Camden Lakeside on an outdoor driving range which is great because you get to see your ball flight & I'm pretty sure (not 100%) his machine is a Trackman. He doesn't work on commission or anything, fitting is free & he is possibly the nicest human alive. I'll text you his # tomorrow mate, give him a buzz & he should be able to sort you out.

mrbluu
16th October 2013, 12:22 AM
Jon Beech is a Titleist rep that does most of his work out of Camden Lakeside on an outdoor driving range which is great because you get to see your ball flight & I'm pretty sure (not 100%) his machine is a Trackman. He doesn't work on commission or anything, fitting is free & he is possibly the nicest human alive. I'll text you his # tomorrow mate, give him a buzz & he should be able to sort you out. I think Cabra is doing a demo day soon, will check for u tomorrow.PS can't stand the lakeside range, every time I've hit balls there I've hit it worse and end up cutting the ears off the ball...I can't work it out!!!

davepuppies
16th October 2013, 08:37 AM
Jon Beech is a Titleist rep that does most of his work out of Camden Lakeside on an outdoor driving range which is great because you get to see your ball flight & I'm pretty sure (not 100%) his machine is a Trackman. He doesn't work on commission or anything, fitting is free & he is possibly the nicest human alive. I'll text you his # tomorrow mate, give him a buzz & he should be able to sort you out.

That would be great, thanks mate.

What are peoples thoughts on buying local versus fergo?

If I buy 3-gap, plus 2 vokeys it will work out about $130 per iron AUD delivered.

I would be happy to buy local if someone could come close ( say $140 per iron) but I am not sure if this is just a pipe dream?

Captain Nemo
16th October 2013, 09:17 AM
Dave, i'd ring Titleist direct.
Id find a guy with a decent range and real balls and preferably Trackman.
Go out of your way and travel wherever (even if its a pain in the arse to get to) to do it if youre really serious...
As for Fergo, he'd offer full warranty.

JADO75
16th October 2013, 09:50 AM
Beechy will fit you up specs wise & then you can order from wherever you want.

wazandnic
16th October 2013, 10:14 AM
I've heard good things about Lakeside and the guy out there also, although never been to him myself.

Thing to watch with just your general titleist fitting demo days, you prob really need to book in and make sure they block out a good 30mins+. The guys often get swamped and it can be a bit hit and miss how much time they are able/want to give you. But if you have an idea what works for you, these demo days are good as you can go along have a hit and then not feel compelled to buy from them, go to fergo and get it much cheaper!

These days any pro shop that stocks titleist will have a demo cart. It then comes down to the actual Pro and how keen they are, but you can book in with them and generally spend a lot longer going over things. You will then likely be compelled to buy from them. I believe most will waive a fitting charge when you do buy from them.

I believe also that the Australian have some pretty good fitters. I got fit for a driver there once and it was pretty trick. Just don't ask for a free game to be thrown in! ;)

I have also seen the Titleist guys set up at St Micks driving range and using all their gear. Could possible contact Rob Curtis there and see what he could arrange?

Anyway good luck and keep us posted on what you end up doing.

Cheers,
Waz

wazandnic
16th October 2013, 10:15 AM
Beechy will fit you up specs wise & then you can order from wherever you want.

This sounds like the go IMO.

Maybe to keep faith tell him what you can get them for and see if he atleast wants to match it??

8081travis
17th October 2013, 09:28 PM
I did that I went to Jon and got fitted, then that afternoon ordered through fergo, at the end of the day the money is going to Titleist, save the dosh if you can. ps AP2s are heaven on earth

davepuppies
17th October 2013, 09:35 PM
Sounds like a plan.

Have you hit the 714s?

davepuppies
17th October 2013, 09:37 PM
From what I can gather it will cost approx $130 per iron from fergo delivered, what can I expect to pay for them locally in aus?

8081travis
17th October 2013, 11:21 PM
I paid 170 for a replacement 7 iron through my pro shop, you'll save a bit. Hit the 714s, playing 712s couldn't tell much difference, few aesthetics that's about it

wazandnic
18th October 2013, 10:26 AM
RRP in Australia is $185 so $170 is prob a reasonable figure locally

markTHEblake
18th October 2013, 02:02 PM
Nowhere. I think *anyone is deluded if they think a titliest factory will assemble perfectly to spec no matter how good the fitting assessment is.

Buy 2nd hand set on eBay, and pay a clubfitter to fit and assemble for you.

*Unless you have done this before and taken them to a independent clubfitter and had them all checked and they are perfect. Like nobody has ever done.. :-)

davepuppies
18th October 2013, 03:40 PM
My concern is not having them perfect, it's that I don't know my specs, and if shelling out good coin figure I should get myself fitted to optimise my ball flight.

They don't exist second hand, they are being released in 3 weeks.

Waddzy
18th October 2013, 04:02 PM
Dibs on the 712's :D

8081travis
8th October 2015, 10:31 AM
Guys is Fergo still operating? I remember rumours he was shutting it down?

cratcliffe
8th October 2015, 11:25 AM
Guys is Fergo still operating? I remember rumours he was shutting it down?
Pretty sure he has gone (with my money as well)

Icestorm959
8th October 2015, 11:42 AM
Pretty sure he has gone (with my money as well)

Did you get your clubs?

3oneday
8th October 2015, 01:00 PM
I'd say if he wasn't in the slammer he'd be lying low.

cratcliffe
8th October 2015, 01:05 PM
Did you get your clubs?
Nope, think i dealt with him just before he went belly up and have suspicion he used my cash to pay off someone else......
Chased him up regularly but he kept giving excuses, such as they were sent but got lost. Then he told me he had his account with Mizzie put on hold. He kept making excuses until he finally told me he was bankrupt and the bank had foreclosed
I suspect i am not the only one

Captain Nemo
8th October 2015, 01:13 PM
Lost your cash as well?

cratcliffe
8th October 2015, 01:45 PM
Lost your cash as well?
Sadly, yes

Captain Nemo
8th October 2015, 02:28 PM
****!
Just before he went under he emailed me as he had some limited Scottys lying around.
Thank **** I didn't have the spare $2-3k lying around as I prob would have taken them....

Godscountry
8th October 2015, 02:34 PM
I bet he didnt!

Captain Nemo
8th October 2015, 02:41 PM
What do you mean?Didn't have them?He did have them as he emailed me pics from his shop with invoices etc I'm not that stupid....

Godscountry
8th October 2015, 03:14 PM
What I meant was that they wouldnt have been there when you handed over your cash....judging by other peoples experiences. You were smart enough not to buy them....

markTHEblake
8th October 2015, 03:22 PM
Or was dumb enough not to have the money :-)

Captain Nemo
8th October 2015, 05:17 PM
What I meant was that they wouldnt have been there when you handed over your cash....judging by other peoples experiences. You were smart enough not to buy them....

Or was dumb enough not to have the money :-)

Bit of a and b.....
Blakey I need some one hitters.....