PDA

View Full Version : Darb's Driver Swing

Darbs
14th October 2013, 10:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81X0MIVraU8 Hi, what do you think of my driver swing? What can I do better?

mrbluu
14th October 2013, 11:19 AM
He looks like a flusher....his dad must be an awesome player!!!

Dotty
14th October 2013, 11:31 AM
Tuck your shirt in.

IamViva
14th October 2013, 09:24 PM
you need to hit the gym, looks as if you struggle to lift the club.

Captain Nemo
14th October 2013, 09:38 PM
Need to hit it harder

TheNuclearOne
15th October 2013, 12:24 PM
Sweet, tho the club looks about 5 inches too long :D

Darbs
15th October 2013, 07:52 PM
He looks like a flusher....his dad must be an awesome player!!!
Dad plays good sometimes.

Tuck your shirt in.
But then I'd look like you Dotty.

you need to hit the gym, looks as if you struggle to lift the club.
I eat fish so I can hit the ball all the way to the moon.

Need to hit it harder
I'm trying titleist. I almost hit it as far as you anyway.

Sweet, tho the club looks about 5 inches too long :D Thanks TNO. It's my new blue driver. I had a orange one. It was a lot shorter.

Yossarian
15th October 2013, 09:19 PM
Needs more zenolink.

ozbrother
15th October 2013, 09:57 PM
Love the finish.

damoocow
15th October 2013, 11:06 PM
sorry - tried to watch but fell asleep during the backswing...

matty
20th October 2013, 06:06 PM
Nice swing so far.

Lucasto23
20th October 2013, 08:05 PM
Good little swing buddy

Monsta
21st October 2013, 11:55 AM
Dad plays good sometimes.

But then I'd look like you Dotty. :smt038

I eat fish so I can hit the ball all the way to the moon.

I'm trying titleist. I almost hit it as far as you anyway. :smt038

Thanks TNO. It's my new blue driver. I had a orange one. It was a lot shorter.

Great swing Darbs, even better comeback to the smartass comments. Keep up the good work :wink:

TheNuclearOne
21st October 2013, 12:25 PM
That wasn't the goal here - using way too long a club can cause youngsters to swing too flat at a time when habits both good and bad can be ingrained. I was just trying to put it out there quietly. He's obviously a talented little golfer and i'd bet he's swinging better than the vast majority of us in here already LOL.

There's a really good article here. Tho it goes to extremes there's some nice info in there

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-equipment/2009-07/buyingjuniorgolfclubs

And do your child a favor: Don't buy a longer driver hoping your kid will eventually grow into it. Even worse, many kids -- and their parents -- equate a longer driver with longer drives. But Dan Van Horn, the founder of U.S. Kids Golf and the developer of the U.S. Kids measuring system, says that couldn't be farther from the truth.
"A driver that's longer than two inches below the sternum encourages improper technique and slower hand speed," said Van Horn, whose company offers the most comprehensive fitting system among all junior golf equipment manufacturers. "And these early mistakes are tough to correct."
Miraflor understands that buying a new driver every time your child grows can become a financial issue.
"If they're struggling to swing with a driver that's a bit too long, it's okay to have them choke down on the grip," said Miraflor. "But a junior should never have to choke more than two or three inches down. At that point, the driver is too long."

Sorry to get technical Darbs :D

Double D
21st October 2013, 09:35 PM
No sign of the dreaded flip at impact, already a winner!

popper81
21st October 2013, 09:52 PM
That wasn't the goal here - using way too long a club can cause youngsters to swing too flat at a time when habits both good and bad can be ingrained. I was just trying to put it out there quietly. He's obviously a talented little golfer and i'd bet he's swinging better than the vast majority of us in here already LOL.

There's a really good article here. Tho it goes to extremes there's some nice info in there

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-equipment/2009-07/buyingjuniorgolfclubs

Sorry to get technical Darbs :D

This is a very good point.