PDA

View Full Version : Driver and 3 wood shafts?

goughy
7th October 2013, 01:42 PM
Still now I'm back back I'm thinking of changing the shafts in there; I've never thought they were the right shafts for me. I have a vista tour series 60s in my G2 driver, and a shaqx in my tm200 3w. I don't seem to hit my driver that high, and don't really in the 3w at all. I could put the stock prolaunch blue 65s back in my driver to see how it goes now, and I have a speeder x that could go in the 3w, but of course it's still x flex.

The are so many bloody shafts it there these days it's mind boggling.

I hit my 7 iron about 145mtr with a nice mid flight, original ping cs lite s. My hybrid has an nvs hybrid 85s, and while I hit it well yesterday and it felt ok, I don't normally like the feel of this shaft. My good drives tend to be pretty much straight. And when hitting well my swing is not aggressive, but I'd say fairly smooth.

I originally pulled out the prolaunch blue as Jaster felt I was losing them to much left and right, but that could have easily been just me ;)

So is it worth giving the old stuff and go (in particular the speeder x ) or try something newer?

Hatchman
7th October 2013, 01:48 PM
Maybe X is to stiff.
Try a Stiff Shaft that has stiff tip closer to the X's if you like the X flex's.

goughy
7th October 2013, 01:51 PM
I don't know what I like. I somehow inherited the speeder a decade ago, and the shaqx was in the 3w head when I got it from Moe. What I need is a demo day up here.

TheNuclearOne
7th October 2013, 02:00 PM
Think about possibly upgrading your whole driver, the G2 was very very nice but some of these recent clubs are real go getters. Even just going to the G10 or G15 would be worth a thought and maybe an easier transition than something totally different. Same loft should pump it a bit higher, less or similar spin.

The Vista Tour is a low launch low spin shaft tho, i used these ages back. Super performing shaft tho many find it a little boardy. Oban Devotion/Whiteboard type performance. Great old shaft. The Shaqx was pretty lauded too.

I'd venture you will get more out of a driver head change than shaft.

TheNuclearOne
7th October 2013, 02:01 PM
I don't know what I like. I somehow inherited the speeder a decade ago, and the shaqx was in the 3w head when I got it from Moe. What I need is a demo day up here.

Bound to find a driver (among other things) you love i reckon.

goughy
7th October 2013, 02:31 PM
Bikkies are very short in the wallet, wouldn't stretch even close to a driver. But a cheap shaft floating around is a different story. What you say about the shafts tno certainly doesn't sound like they'd really suit me.

TheNuclearOne
7th October 2013, 03:19 PM
The Vista Tour is one of the lowest spin/launch made. It's great tho, very tight. Whether you need that might be another matter.

Don't be scared if you see a G10 head or something for $50 or less, or a cheap. You can get some dirt cheap recent models on here. What loft do you use?

goughy
7th October 2013, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I'll keep an eye open. Cheaper the better. Probably 10*,that's normal isn't it!

TheNuclearOne
7th October 2013, 04:17 PM
I'll keep an eye out too. KJ just sold my old 9.5* 2009 TP Burner for about $30, it would have been perfect.

backintheswing
7th October 2013, 04:35 PM
I have a Ping Rapture v2 with diamana Blueboard going cheap.

Trento
7th October 2013, 04:39 PM
Do what I did.
Get fit for your clubs, Cool clubs at sanctuary cove is the best I've seen, as they have all the brands and are unbiased.
It Costs a fair bit , but you walk away knowing you have the right club. No guesswork. And a valuable trackman session to boot.

I guarantee it will work out cheaper in the long run.
No more buying and selling drivers and 3woods on eBay.

goughy
7th October 2013, 04:42 PM
You don't have to worry about that with me. Most of my clubs must be approaching a decade old.

goughy
7th October 2013, 04:46 PM
I have a Ping Rapture v2 with diamana Blueboard going cheap.

Yeah, saw that. But don't really have any money atm, and need to do something with both clubs. But I'll keep my eye open.

A couple of years ago at the champs when I played with virge he commented that I really need to get the ball higher. Think I got the vista shaft from percy in a swap for a tm360 tour head. It was so shiny I had to put it in the club. I'd be shocked if it's had more than 20 round in the last 5 or 6 years.

peter_rs
7th October 2013, 05:49 PM
Goughy

I can give you something

goughy
7th October 2013, 06:21 PM
Just looked at you hc pete! Going well, even if it was a hc system :)

markTHEblake
7th October 2013, 08:02 PM
No more buying and selling drivers and 3woods on eBay.Didnt you fly to Europe solely on points earned from eBay purchases in just 12 months.

goughy
11th October 2013, 07:33 AM
So prolaunch blue s is back in the driver, and shaqx has been replaced with a speeder x :o. Yeah, pointless that one, I know, but what the heck.

markTHEblake
11th October 2013, 09:48 AM
Who do you use to vandalise your golf clubs?

goughy
11th October 2013, 10:56 AM
Just got it done by the guys at the driving range. Nice blokes. Can't be bothered how to work it out myself, though I probably have most of what I need here, or the stuff to make it.