PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Windaroo at 1.15pm today

shavey
7th October 2013, 01:06 PM
Very last minute! Dave and I finally get a chance to knock our match play on the head if anybody wants to join.

Ferrins
7th October 2013, 01:09 PM
Dash! Got to coach:(

peter_rs
7th October 2013, 05:52 PM
And the result?

timah!
7th October 2013, 05:56 PM
It would have been very windy!

popper81
7th October 2013, 06:17 PM
Just noticed the boys on the 18th tee... They were about to tee off into a rather stiff breeze. Shavey made mention of how warm it was earlier.

I will let them tell you the score :)

Daves
7th October 2013, 08:23 PM
It was a stinker to start with, with a hot westerly just to make it a bit warmer! The change hit as we walked onto the 10th green. Blew hard from the SE for a while and then turned back to a North Easterly for the remainder of the round. It was looking pretty gloomy as we finished, the temperature had dropped over 10 degrees over the last hour or so and it was much cooler.

The Match was a see sawing contest through the front nine, I managed to get to 1 up through the turn. I was a bit more consistent on the back nine and closed it out 4 & 3. I think I only missed one fairway all day and that was only by a few metres. Thanks for organising the match Steve, was good to catch up with you.

The Windaroo greens were very ordinary I thought, very patchy, bumpy and slow. I gather they had just finished their Champs as the pins were all in very tough positions.

Where they have been irrigating the fairways are looking pretty good, elsewhere the ground is super hard with lots of cracks. Even the cart paths had wide cracks! Good progress on bunker renovations, though there still quite a few to go. A few are getting filled in as well.

shavey
8th October 2013, 08:47 AM
Well played Dave, great off the tee all day. Good luck to your next opponent, you are going to need it if he continues to play like that.