PDA

View Full Version : It's Official...

TourFit
6th October 2013, 06:38 PM
I have now officially become a non-playing member at my club. No longer up for the $2895 per year!!!

Minimum term is 1 year. 6 rounds per year (paying a $50 green fee + $5 Comp fee) and have to give up my locker. However, I get to use the practice facilities as much as I like and get to use the other facilities.

Cost is now $475 for the year and a $200 Bar Levy (which I will spend with the missus taking her to dinner).

I figure that with 7 rounds in the last 6 months it was about time. I will use the next year to work entirely on my game (ie: PRACTICE) which has just plummeted. Some lessons will be a BIG part of that.

WBennett
6th October 2013, 06:39 PM
3 grand for golf is more than I would be willing to pay.

TourFit
6th October 2013, 06:41 PM
Me too, hence the change.

xe1
7th October 2013, 09:51 AM
Mate chucked my membership in @ $4780.00 per year and house member at $500 I didn't bother with it, plenty of reciprocal courses I could join as a country member and get 12 games a year for that sort of coin. I know it protects your joining fee but joining fees are going the way of the dodo.

bergsey
7th October 2013, 01:29 PM
Here I was thinking Yoss was coming out if the closet. If you wanna invite to play at WAGC fitty let me know...

Double D
7th October 2013, 08:00 PM
That's some serious coin there fellas. Hard to beat Brisbane Southside/Goldy, quite a few tracks in pretty good nick and can get on them almost any day of the week. They obviously aren't RQ quality but good value at under a grand for full membership.

timah!
7th October 2013, 08:04 PM
Yep, what DD said. If I was looking at $3k+ for membership, I'm not sure I'd be playing golf...

hocko
7th October 2013, 08:08 PM
Seems like every friggin thing in Perth is overpriced!
Royal my arse.

Double D
7th October 2013, 08:12 PM
Yep, what DD said. If I was looking at $3k+ for membership, I'm not sure I'd be playing golf...

Hey Timah if you get a game in on a Sat one of these days and need a player let me know, we can low and left it together! I couldn't justify spending thousands on membership either, maybe I'd get into tennis?

markTHEblake
7th October 2013, 08:13 PM
That's some serious coin there fellas. Hard to beat Brisbane Southside/Goldy, quite a few tracks in pretty good nick and can get on them almost any day of the week. They obviously aren't RQ quality but good value at under a grand for full membership.What's decent for under a grand that is not a predominantly a green fees track for riff raff?A real members course of the quality mentioned above is still gunna cost $2k or near enough. Even Arundel at $2700 is letting yobbos play now.

timah!
7th October 2013, 08:17 PM
Hey Timah if you get a game in on a Sat one of these days and need a player let me know, we can low and left it together! I couldn't justify spending thousands on membership either, maybe I'd get into tennis?

Will do. Won't be playing again for a few weeks but will organise with the band who's in and who isn't.

Double D
7th October 2013, 08:23 PM
What's decent for under a grand that is not a predominantly a green fees track for riff raff?A real members course of the quality mentioned above is still gunna cost $2k or near enough. Even Arundel at $2700 is letting yobbos play now.

Redland Bay, Carbrook, Windaroo, Gainsborough. 'Riff raff' may be around on Sundays and pub holidays but they are all predominantly members tracks which are generally quiet Monday to Friday and members only on Saturday. Social clubs and social players are necessary for these clubs to survive.

Double D
7th October 2013, 08:25 PM
Will do. Won't be playing again for a few weeks but will organise with the band who's in and who isn't.

Hahah the band...love it. Must be tight for time with the little one, work and study...don't see me out there much once ours arrives!

timah!
7th October 2013, 08:26 PM
Hahah the band...love it. Must be tight for time with the little one, work and study...don't see me out there much once ours arrives!

Yep, very tight. But you make it work.
You'll love it, so pumped for you guys!

Veefore
7th October 2013, 09:00 PM
I did the same thing myself a few weeks ago. Though in my case I can go back to full membership at anytime if I want to.

TourFit
7th October 2013, 09:29 PM
That would be nice...but it's a 12 month option for me.

Oh...and thanks Bergsey. Very kind of you. May well take you up on the offer soon enough!!!

markTHEblake
7th October 2013, 09:39 PM
'Riff raff' may be around on Sundays and pub holidays but they are all predominantly members tracks which are generally quiet Monday to Friday and members only on Saturday. Social clubs and social players are necessary for these clubs to survive.

You cant compare these courses with the exclusivity of a premium club. Even the best golf courses in this area are shit compared to other parts of the country.

Double D
9th October 2013, 10:03 PM
You cant compare these courses with the exclusivity of a premium club. Even the best golf courses in this area are shit compared to other parts of the country.

Definitely agree but that's why they are cheaper here. I do think the local courses here compare to private clubs in Brisbane, but private clubs in Melbourne and Sydney are in a different league.

Yossarian
11th October 2013, 03:01 PM
This thread is officially boring.

Tongueboy
12th October 2013, 12:19 PM
Member of 2 clubs at Tamworth and costs just a bit over 700 a year! Tamworth Golf Club is not bad and has plenty of reciprocals and the Longyard is excellent,similar in a lot of ways to The Vintage. I was surprised at the low standard of the Brisbane clubs that I played a few years back! A couple I have played on theGold Coast were average also.

idgolfguy
12th October 2013, 02:38 PM
The Vines is also on offer, 'Fit.
There is PGN to maintain your HC and you could play here on Sundays and still be less than Mt Lolly.

Veefore
12th October 2013, 02:41 PM
This thread is officially boring.

As long as it's official. We don't want no unsanctioned boring threads. Lucky you were here.

timah!
12th October 2013, 04:55 PM
Does this mean the 'upcoming' sale thread is now closer to happening?

TourFit
12th October 2013, 10:08 PM
Wow...I'm surprised it took this long! I haven't been on the site much of late, so I thought I'd been forgotten.

DAMN!

timah!
12th October 2013, 10:47 PM
Wow...I'm surprised it took this long! I haven't been on the site much of late, so I thought I'd been forgotten.

DAMN!

Haha. Sorry 'Fit, had to get it in on you!

:D