PDA

View Full Version : I'm back......

goughy
1st October 2013, 04:44 PM
Yeah, baby, yeah!

But will I have enough games to get a hc by the champs? And will I try and stack my hc for the champs, or will I be genuine in my first few games?

shazza_rs
1st October 2013, 04:59 PM
Handicaps don't "expire" anymore. They should just put you on your last playing handicap.

Lagerlover
1st October 2013, 05:14 PM
.....Hi jaybam

goughy
1st October 2013, 05:22 PM
Handicaps don't "expire" anymore. They should just put you on your last playing handicap.

Got told I'll have hand in 3 cards, then will get one, which will probably float around a bit till I have enough games to make it smooth out. I did ask if they'd just use my last official one, was about 13.

goughy
1st October 2013, 06:31 PM
.....Hi jaybam

I may be related to the Dutch, but I like taking the piss out of them, I'm not that short, and neither is my temper. You may be mistaken ;)

Grunt
1st October 2013, 06:50 PM
Welcome back Goughy

PeteyD
1st October 2013, 06:51 PM
get a haircut.

goughy
1st October 2013, 07:40 PM
If I did that, how would I look like the coolest golfer in the world today! I even have the ping hat to tuck my pony tail through

Steve57
1st October 2013, 07:51 PM
Got told I'll have hand in 3 cards, then will get one, which will probably float around a bit till I have enough games to make it smooth out. I did ask if they'd just use my last official one, was about 13.

They have got it wrong there Goughy.

(C) Reinitiating Handicap for Player Who Has Previously-Held an Australian Handicap or Recognised
Overseas Equivalent
(i) When a player (who has previously been a member of an affiliated Club) joins a Club after a period away
from handicap golf, the Handicap Manager or Handicap Committee of the ‘new’ Club must reinitiate the
status of the player’s last-recorded handicap (using the player’s archived GOLF Link handicap record if
applicable) even if there is good reason to consider that a lower or higher handicap is more appropriate to
the player’s current ability (but see iii and iv below). If the player’s handicap record is not available, the
player’s handicap must be reinitiated in accordance with the process described in Section 3B.
(ii) Where both the previous Home Club and the ‘new’ Home Club are on GOLF Link, the ‘new’ Home
Club MUST perform a ‘Home Club Transfer’. (Queries regarding this process should be directed to the
GOLF Link Customer Service Centre on 1300 650 750.) A new handicap record must not be created.
(iii) If the Handicap Manager or Handicap Committee of the ‘new’ Club quickly considers there is good reason
for the player to hold an Exact Australian Handicap that is higher than their last recorded handicap, a
handicap adjustment should be effected. In such a case, the Club is not required to act in accordance with
Section 8. However, the Member Association Handicap Manager must be consulted if the determined
figure would fall into any of the following categories:
~ More than two strokes higher than the most recent previous figure for players whose last recorded
handicap was 4.4 or less.
~ More than 3 strokes higher than the previous handicap for players whose last recorded handicap was
4.5-10.4.
~ More than 4 strokes higher than any previous handicap for players whose last recorded handicap was
greater than 10.4.
(iv) If the Handicap Manager or Handicap Committee of the ‘new’ Club considers there is good reason for the
player to hold an Exact Australian Handicap that is lower than their last recorded handicap, a handicap
adjustment should be given due consideration. Any ensuing handicap adjustment must be effected in
accordance with Section 8.
(v) The procedure detailed in Section 4F is to be used to effect handicap adjustments.
Note: ‘Last recorded handicap’ may include, at the discretion of the Member Association, an official handicap
issued by a recognised overseas handicapping authority.

http://www.golf.org.au/default.aspx?atingsystems

goughy
1st October 2013, 07:56 PM
Well it was just someone in the pro shop, may have just sprouted the standard for new golfers without knowing what happens with returning. I'd be more than happy to play of my old of 13. Wouldn't be competitive, but also wouldn't be at work.

Hatchman
1st October 2013, 08:33 PM
Depends if your previous record can be found.

6 years out of the game and mine was gone. Contacted Golf Link and they said there was no history of me or my Handicap at my last club on the system.
I had to put 3 cards in to get a new one.

AndyP
1st October 2013, 09:22 PM
It is about time that you gave up that triathlon shit. You were never any good at it.

goughy
1st October 2013, 10:29 PM
Wasn't any good at golf either! Ain't given it up either.

AndyP
2nd October 2013, 06:27 AM
But you were a 13 marker. With the new way of working out handicaps that would be a 7 or 8 now.

goughy
2nd October 2013, 06:34 AM
Cool! The only time I got to singles was after Mt Coolum stuffed up an entry of a game I played there (over my hc) and my handicap dropped from like 11 to 6. Unfortunately I asked my club to fix it up. If they didn't look at my actual hc, but my last 20 games, they would see it was a serious backwards slide to 13. It took me like 2 years to move from 11 to 13, dropping .1 each game. I guess hc's can be a bit more volatile these days.

Can't get into the online booking system so I might ring the pro shop today and see if they can squeeze me in on Saturday or Sunday.

I'll be most interested to see how the new hc system works for me once I start getting some games under my belt. When I was playing regularly I was able to float comfortably around my hc without major blow outs. And while I won't be playing every week, I do get a hit when Kyan goes to lessons so I'm now at least swinging a club most weeks.

markTHEblake
2nd October 2013, 07:16 AM
There is a notable golfer playing at 12:40 on Sunday and maybe still two spots left in that group

goughy
2nd October 2013, 07:24 AM
Was wondering about that actually. But I'll have to try for early games as much as possible, that way I'll be home before Clikchic gets up. But I'll have a look. Would be good to catch up. I can't seem to get into the online bookings yet, so I might drop by the club when I'm out today and see.

markTHEblake
2nd October 2013, 07:33 AM
The early spots were all gone for Saturday a week ago. Sunday not sure about.

dc68
2nd October 2013, 08:14 AM
Good to see Deano!!!

goughy
2nd October 2013, 09:39 AM
Thanks DC.
Met a guy who knows you and you're bro from pacific on the weekend. Names Brett, good runner and becoming a good triathlete too. Has moved to the goldie.

markTHEblake
2nd October 2013, 12:56 PM
Can he play, I need one more 2 marker for our pennant team.

goughy
2nd October 2013, 02:19 PM
Don't know. But what am I in for, just put myself in your group for Sunday MTB! Be gentle. Now, I'm gonna need some golf balls too, probably some for Kyan too. I'll have a look in your thread, but would you be able to bring some up for me if I find what I'm after? Last time I bought golf balls was from you, I think it was the first PW champs! I clearly haven't used a lot of them since then!

markTHEblake
2nd October 2013, 05:39 PM
I'm out. Just decided to get my wisdom teeth out instead, far less painfull....

goughy
6th October 2013, 09:48 AM
Is it sad that I'm getting excited? Had a look at the club and it seems I've been reinstated my old hc of 13. That should be fun ;) First comp game in 5 or 6 years. Yeah.

goughy
6th October 2013, 09:26 PM
Well, that was interesting! I'm not sure what the others we played with today thought of me. Played the first 10 holes 18 over par, and the final 8 in 4 over, including a drive that barely got pas the tee boxes on 16 and a double on 17! After the 15th I think I had them totally confused. Hitting on the course is way different than the driving range. I think I prefer the flat, no uphill/sidehill lies! But apart from the first hole, from 70mtrs in, including chips and bunkers, I was all over it. That surprised me. Pity I couldn't putt.

Looking at my golflink, they aren't starting me from scratch, and not even just taking a new 3 rounds. They show my last 20 rounds with flags on 8 of them. Kind of funny when you consider two of the rounds are from 2007, and all the others from 2008. Got an anchor of 13.4 so at least I won't be off more than 18 for a while. That's cool. Granted I think I can get myself back to the old in time.

Have to say MTB is a freaky driver. He needs to bottle that.

markTHEblake
6th October 2013, 11:11 PM
Even Golfer69's teeshots would have looked impressive compared to you three who covered more territory than Burke and Wills today.

Speaking which we actually lost Goughy today when he hit from the 10th tee towards 9th tee. I think he disappeared for about 5 mins

goughy
13th October 2013, 03:40 PM
You'd have loved it today mtb! Played in the group behind Pat, starting on the 10th. Started the first 10 holes 18 over (10 points) just like last week. Saw Pat after my 10th, told him where I was at and that my run must be about to start. The proceeded to go par, par par par. Saw him again and got a head shake out of him when I told him. Ended up playing the last 8 holes in 2 over.

He suggested a quick 9 before I start next time.

Been pretty funny so far.

markTHEblake
13th October 2013, 04:07 PM
Maybe you need to spend more time on preparing for golf rather then doing your hair?

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instruction/blogs/theinstructionblog/2013/09/fitness-friday-sync-up-your-sw.html
I really like the ideas this guy is mentioning in this video, have been doing this for the last couple of rounds, probably not as strictly regimented as in the video, but I am leaning towards less is better when it comes to warmups these days. I really only need to get the arthritic stiffness out of my hands more than anything else.

goughy
13th October 2013, 04:25 PM
I spend less time preparing my hair than some bald people!

goughy
9th September 2022, 04:51 PM
Back baby, take 3! Monthly medal my first game in about 6 years! Woo frickin' hoo.
Still have 4 round from 2008 in my last 20 rounds, and 3 of them are flagged.
Handicap of 13.9; it's not going to be pretty, but it will be fun!

AndyP
9th September 2022, 07:16 PM
What a stupid handicap system when rounds from 14 years ago can count.

goughy
9th September 2022, 07:22 PM
Yep! Or stupid person who hasn't played more than 16 games in 14 years???

Hatchman
9th September 2022, 08:33 PM
What a stupid handicap system when rounds from 14 years ago can count.

Better than re-submitting 3 or is it 5 cards again.
Most people will get back near to where they were fairly quickly unless there was some permanent injury restrictions. If that’s the case you can lobby the committee to be re-assessed for a new hcp I believe.

goughy
9th September 2022, 08:45 PM
Luckily, I just wanna play golf. Don't care too much about winning anything.

AndyP
9th September 2022, 10:56 PM
Better than re-submitting 3 or is it 5 cards again.Most people will get back near to where they were fairly quickly unless there was some permanent injury restrictions. If that’s the case you can lobby the committee to be re-assessed for a new hcp I believe.14 years is too much. There can be too many changes in that time. Just have an expiry date on rounds, maybe 5 years, and calculate the handicap on that.

goughy
10th September 2022, 07:37 AM
It is what it is. As long as I get to hit some balls, I'm happy! And it's not tomorrow instead of today, as Rob isn't feeling well.

Hatchman
10th September 2022, 08:15 PM
14 years is too much. There can be too many changes in that time. Just have an expiry date on rounds, maybe 5 years, and calculate the handicap on that.

Totally disagree with that. 14 isn’t that long a time.
Nothing to stop anyone from approaching the committee for re-assessment if they think time is an issue.