PDA

View Full Version : YES Putters - any good ???

Pinglauncher
11th January 2006, 09:03 AM
Any opinions on these putters. Are they any good or just another flatstick :?: There seems to be a few appearing on Ebay for reasonable prices at the moment.

marcel
11th January 2006, 09:06 AM
Excellent putters, I'm currently using a Tracy II and a Callie to try and decide which one to keep.

3oneday
11th January 2006, 09:08 AM
Get a 2ball get a 2ball get a 2ball.......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pinglauncher
11th January 2006, 09:25 AM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Got a 2ball got a 2ball got a 2ball.......

Thought of maybe reshafting the 2 ball back as a belly putter and having a backup 33". Practiced yesterday with a Red X and hated the feel of it (looked good though) but putted very well with Ping Jnr's 33" Scotty :shock:

3oneday
11th January 2006, 09:30 AM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Got a 2ball got a 2ball got a 2ball.......

Thought of maybe reshafting the 2 ball back as a belly putter and having a backup 33". Practiced yesterday with a Red X and hated the feel of it (looked good though) but putted very well with Ping Jnr's 33" Scotty  :shock:I wouldn't be changing putters based on Mac Grange. I had putts that jumped half an inch left and right off the face (along with the just plain bad putts) because of the dampness in the greens and the thickness of the grass. It's in the mind remember :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Moe Norman
11th January 2006, 09:47 AM
never used one, but they come highly reccomended.

andylo
11th January 2006, 10:37 AM
Got a Olivia. Sitting in HK currently but it will back to Australia. Used them on greens in China and they are excellent. But the QA of the product is just so so. I need to get it replaced due to certain weight it provided cannot plug in easily.

Jarro
11th January 2006, 02:45 PM
YES putters come highly recommended. Lots of Tour players are using them, so they must be good :?

.. well they must be :wink:

Keza_G
11th January 2006, 04:00 PM
I have Emma (as can be seen on this link)

http://www.yesgolf.com/store/models.php?model=170

These putters I have found to be fantastic on faster greens but not on slowish ones. I feel that I have to force it and therefore push them offline. Today I picked up a Fisher Golf Putter... Nice.... So perhaps Emma may go on the "for sale" list.

My 50c

Cheers

Keza

Pinglauncher
11th January 2006, 08:03 PM
Excellent putters, I'm currently using a Tracy II and a Callie to try and decide which one to keep.

Marcel, just looking at the web site and these would probably be my preferences from all models. They appear to be the same except for the Callie being a heavier head weight ??

Can you let me know your thoughts as you test them out :wink:

Pinglauncher
15th January 2006, 10:35 AM
Is there anywhere in Sydney that sell them :?:

Jim
25th January 2006, 12:05 PM
They're OK, but you won't hole any more putts. A-Lo is right about the QA being so-so. I'd save yorself some dollars and buy an older Ping Pal or a G2 Pal or Anser. Should be able to pick one up for under $100 on ebay here.

sms316
8th December 2010, 01:45 PM
Yes! have gone arse-up.

http://www.golfindustrycentral.com.au/news__/view-news.php?cat=6&url=http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/blogs/local-knowledge/2010/12/putter-maker-yes-golf-files-for-bankruptcy.html

PeteyD
8th December 2010, 01:48 PM
Bit sad.

LowTee
8th December 2010, 01:56 PM
That's a bit sad indeed great putters i reckon

BayBum
8th December 2010, 02:09 PM
& they owe Edoardo Molinari $8,750 !!! hahaha.

I always thought they were doing good in the asian market ? MSG had a story about them releasing irons soon & they have been in the wedge & driver market for a while.Weird.

Stuartd147
8th December 2010, 02:32 PM
I tried a mates Victoria II and loved it, so I bought one at 33" (short)...found it a bit light so I added a strip of lead tape and that fixed it....nice putters I reckon...Stu!

http://www.golfonline.com.au/p-yv2.htm

Moe Norman
8th December 2010, 02:49 PM
bugger, I really like my Yes! Marilyn

chappy1970
8th December 2010, 03:36 PM
This has been floating about for a while and now it has been confirmed.

Had my Victoria II in the ProShop for sale, might just hang on to it now.

dean0820
8th December 2010, 03:56 PM
yeah, time to pick one up i reckon. be worth a small fortune in 15 years.

AlexMc
8th December 2010, 10:11 PM
Not when Srixon/Cleveland buy them out...

chappy1970
9th December 2010, 12:38 PM
Is that the goss Alex?

AlexMc
9th December 2010, 09:52 PM
That's what I've read yeah. They have too good a product to go out of business all together. The brands that really lack a strong putter brand would be the obvious targets - I know Srixon/Cleveland have Never Compromise but they haven't really done a good job with it at all. Maybe Mizuno might fit into that category now they no longer have Betti...

Will be interesting to see what happens but I think it will fall to another manufacturer.

oncewasagolfer
9th December 2010, 10:01 PM
my tracey II will be in the bag for the foreseeable future great putter!