PDA

View Full Version : Painting a driver / removing a sky mark

meh
27th September 2013, 09:30 AM
Anyone had the top of a driver repainted? Looking at buying an r1 that has a pretty ordinary sky mark and was wondering if it is better trying to touch it up (if possible) or getting it painted black (it is white)

benno_r
27th September 2013, 09:40 AM
I have repainted a driver myself, and I have had one repainted by Continental golf in the US.

Depends on what you want from it, but I found painting yourself always looks like you painted yourself. The driver I had done by continental golf looks amazing - and they are authorised refinishers for Taylormade. Only costs $50, but the killer is getting it sent there and back.

Cheers,
Ben

meh
27th September 2013, 10:10 AM
Cheers Ben. Looking to get a scrape in our car fixed so might check with the spray painter if he has a suggestion. Found the other thread so might try some polish first and see how that goes.

markTHEblake
27th September 2013, 12:54 PM
Corey from "CMT golf repairs and traders" on Gold Coast does this properly. He has his own sandblaster so doesn't charge an arm and leg.

Google him.

meh
27th September 2013, 01:13 PM
Corey from "CMT golf repairs and traders" on Gold Coast does this properly. He has his own sandblaster so doesn't charge an arm and leg.

Google him.

Cheers. Sent him a message on facebook.

Shane788
27th September 2013, 03:01 PM
That r1 your talking about isn't the one that titleist posted in the eBay bargain thread is it? Because I think you'll find it's a massive dint not just a sky mark.

meh
27th September 2013, 03:04 PM
That r1 your talking about isn't the one that titleist posted in the eBay bargain thread is it? Because I think you'll find it's a massive dint not just a sky mark.

No.

Shane788
27th September 2013, 03:09 PM
That's good then, just give it ago yourself, you can't do anything that can't be fixed, I painted my old r11s and it turned out mint, a fellow ozgolfer now has it and he said its still fine.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/27/3a4u2a4e.jpg

meh
27th September 2013, 08:48 PM
That's good then, just give it ago yourself, you can't do anything that can't be fixed, I painted my old r11s and it turned out mint, a fellow ozgolfer now has it and he said its still fine.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/27/3a4u2a4e.jpg

That does look good, what did you use exactly?

Puji
28th September 2013, 01:36 PM
Paint.

Shane788
29th September 2013, 07:30 PM
^^pretty much, just gloss black enamel paint, look in the customisation thread it's all in there. It's easy.