PDA

View Full Version : Ozgolf.net logo??

Jarro
3rd May 2004, 07:35 AM
I know i'm probably a bit ahead of schedule here :roll: but is there any plans afoot to create a logo for the site :?:

something that can be transferred to merchandise :wink:

clikchic
3rd May 2004, 09:25 AM
I know i'm probably a bit ahead of schedule here but is there any plans afoot to create a logo for the site

something that can be transferred to merchandise

Hey Jarro

I have actually designed a logo, you can see it on the main page of the website at www.ozgolf.net.

However it is up to the boys.. (ie. sheriff & deputy dawg) if they want to keep that one. My plan was indeed to start doing some merchandise with the logo on it, if only at least to do some shirts myself for 'the boys' for a bit of advertising on the golf course! LOL :wink:

However I would very much like to produce merchandise, from keyrings, to mugs (for while you surfing the ozgolf forum!), to shirts, to hats/caps and anything else you can think of... :)

Providing the boys are happy to keep the logo as is, I am happy to look into how much it will cost to do. I would also need to get an idea of what you guys would be interested in... 8)

Fishman Dan
3rd May 2004, 10:54 AM
As far as logo designing goes, you make a good Forum Moderator. :wink: :lol:

Come on, someone out there must have talent. Of course, i am chock full of 'latent talent', perhaps if i get off my arse i could put something together.

clikchic
3rd May 2004, 11:05 AM
As far as logo designing goes, you make a good Forum Moderator.

Subtle as a brick! :cry:

I actually like the logo myself...but each to their own..

goughy
3rd May 2004, 02:24 PM
No picking on my wife =;

Seriously, any suggestions for logo's or changes are welcome. She's even talking shirts so if there are any changes we need to make them first.

clikchic
3rd May 2004, 02:49 PM
Seriously, any suggestions for logo's or changes are welcome.

Yup, the important thing to remember is that the logo has to remain fairly simple in design and colour as otherwise it will not reproduce well on a shirt. Originally I was thinking of making the logo more 3D looking and having a symbol or some sort, but the more detail and more colours, the less effective it will be on a shirt and it won't reproduce very well.

Often simpler is better anyway design wise... this is my thoughts coming from a photographer/desktop publisher/hobby graphic designer point of view... :wink:

Jarro
3rd May 2004, 02:54 PM
i'd gladly suggest something but when it comes to art, i'm a bit of a spaz :-&
i'm afraid my input will have to be constructive criticism #-o :roll:

Courty
4th May 2004, 07:59 PM
Replacing my earlier post (lost in the server blackhole)... :roll:

I have offered to design a logo for free with a little input from the gang. I am not a professional, but have had some experience in previous dabbling with Graphic Design...

Any ideas (besides the women & snakes etc...) :twisted:

jaster
4th May 2004, 09:16 PM
Don't ask me why but I think the logo should be a manga/anime ish type golfer or golf related...any of you guys dig??

This way it will be cool and hip but still old skool like astro boy :P :wink:

Courty
6th May 2004, 07:02 AM
Anime isn't my area of expertise, but I can give it a go... :?
Any other ideas?

AndyP
6th May 2004, 07:43 AM
I'm waiting to see some options before I comment.