PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Champs: Where/When (Oct 28/29, Pac H, Bribie Is)

AndyP
10th January 2006, 04:24 PM
OK Guys. *Some decisions have been made on the where and when, otherwise we will be here forever.

Unfortunately (for some), playing at Coolangatta Tweed Heads again is not doable, due to only being able to get a late tee time of 1pm on the Saturday.
We needed to find courses that can accommodate 50 people on a Saturday arvo and a Sunday. *Even two courses on the one day won't work with the numbers we have.

There's been plenty of real-time discussion in the chatroom today, and a few phone calls to golf clubs made by golfer69 (good work).
After discussing the pros and cons of various options, here is the decision:

Saturday, October 28, 12:00pm
Pacific Harbour GC
Booked for 50 people, playing off two tees
$50 - Carts available at $15pp shared

Sunday, October 29, 7:24-7:52
Bribie Island GC
Booked for 52 people, playing off two tees
$20 - Maximum of 20 carts available at $17pp shared

That's a maximum $87. *How good is that?

We don't envisage that transport from the Brissy airport to Bribie will be a problem as there will be plenty of people travelling from the Gold Coast who will be able to pick people up. *

We are currently looking into accommodation.

Jarro
10th January 2006, 04:29 PM
i opted for the Bribie/Pacific harbour game.

Love Bribie .. it's a great course. Pacific harbour looks to be a real beast too, so that would make for an interesting final round to the Champs.

But unsure about the nude 20/20 game though :?

Trung
10th January 2006, 04:30 PM
.deleted.

Eag's
10th January 2006, 04:31 PM
Bribie/Pacific Harbour for me 8)

AndyP
10th January 2006, 04:35 PM
Love Bribie .. it's a great course. Pacific harbour looks to be a real beast too, so that would make for an interesting final round to the Champs.
jarro, Bribie would be the finishing course due to the restriction of the member's comp there on the Saturday.

Jarro
10th January 2006, 04:37 PM
jarro, Bribie would be the finishing course due to the restriction of the member's comp there on the Saturday.

fair enough.

Might give us a chance to shoot a good round after the shellacking PH will unboubtedly hand us :(

Jarro
10th January 2006, 04:37 PM
.deleted.

:smt017

Trung
10th January 2006, 04:50 PM

Jarro
10th January 2006, 04:56 PM

AndyP
10th January 2006, 04:58 PM
We are going to lock this thing down for Bribie Island.
We need to make a call and make the bookings.

Details to be edited in initial post.

terryand
10th January 2006, 04:59 PM
We could always go back to 36 at CTH on the Sunday :roll:

Terry.

AndyP
10th January 2006, 05:09 PM
http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=72983#72983

Pacific Harbour GC
$50 or less including carts

Bribie Island GC

shazza_rs
10th January 2006, 06:24 PM
Food at the Bribie Golf Course is crap actually. They don't accommodate for large bookings either and close early.

Fairways can do a better price. We stayed in a three bedder last year in August... and only paid 180 for two nights.

shazza_rs
10th January 2006, 06:29 PM
Oh and how did the 28/29th october get chosen?

It wasn't even an option in the poll.

Grunt
10th January 2006, 06:34 PM
Great Choice guys, just have to get it past the minister for travel and finance.

AndyP
10th January 2006, 06:38 PM
Oh and how did the 28/29th october get chosen?

It wasn't even an option in the poll.
Golf course availability.

Grunt
10th January 2006, 06:40 PM
Bugger :cry: I didn't look at the date, I thought it was still the 14th & 15th. The 28th/29th is the first 2 rounds of my Club Champs :cry:

Trung
10th January 2006, 07:25 PM

Trung
10th January 2006, 07:56 PM
I'm back to Oz for a wedding on Oct 7th... Weekend of 14/15th is nice but 28 & 29th is asking for trouble.

Maybe the year after then. :?

Jarro
10th January 2006, 07:56 PM

terryand
10th January 2006, 08:32 PM

STOP IT YOU CLOWNS

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Terry.

Moe Norman
10th January 2006, 08:40 PM
sounds awesome to me - ic an of course accomodate guests at my place in Graceville if required.

also, shouldn't be too difficult to get cheap places to stay around that area that time of year.

Trung
10th January 2006, 08:45 PM
 :roll:

Jarro
10th January 2006, 08:46 PM

AndyP
10th January 2006, 08:49 PM
Do you want me to split your posts into their own special thread?

Courty
10th January 2006, 09:43 PM

Call me simple if you must, but I found this hilarious... :lol:

Courty
10th January 2006, 09:56 PM
I realise this will not suit everyone and I doubt if there is a way to keep everyone happy.
This appeared the best option and its booked.

The end.

I can live with it.

Good work, G69.

terryand
10th January 2006, 10:00 PM
:smt011

3oneday
10th January 2006, 10:04 PM

Call me simple if you must, but I found this hilarious...  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

damoocow
10th January 2006, 10:22 PM
Bye Bye CTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damoocow

PS - good work 69er !!!

Jarro
11th January 2006, 04:05 AM
hope you're happy with the current arrangement damoocow :wink:

BrisVegas
11th January 2006, 07:05 AM
bummed that Trungy won't be able to make it. :(

Good work on getting organised and making it happen though, golfer69. Many thanks.

amanda
11th January 2006, 08:36 AM
Great work all.

I'm working on getting Brad to organise leave right now :)

AndyP
11th January 2006, 09:11 AM
](*,)

BrisVegas
11th January 2006, 09:14 AM
After taking stock this morning I see I've clashed the golf date with my beloved Derby Day trip to melb and my sons birthday.
Can I do another poll to check out other dates ? :wink:

yep, sure thing. Jan 11 is a bit early to be locking stuff in anyway!

AndyP
11th January 2006, 11:56 AM
http://www.accommodationguide.com.au/details.asp/sit/2/sid/QLD/rid/24/aid/1/pid/{53F07D76-8172-4667-8E07-9382D45F4DA5}
http://www.fairwaysretreat.com.au/

Caravan Park Cabin anyone?
http://www.accommodationguide.com.au/details.asp/sit/2/sid/QLD/rid/24/aid/1/pid/{8761B503-F718-4012-B3EB-79BF71736E12}

http://www.accommodationguide.com.au/details.asp/sit/2/sid/QLD/rid/24/aid/1/pid/{E1C931C9-18AA-41E1-9AC9-D9AEF52FB365}

http://www.accommodationguide.com.au/details.asp/sit/2/sid/QLD/rid/24/aid/1/pid/{7B3BBBD0-E84F-4EE5-81E8-5F4C140552CC}
http://www.placidwaters.com.au/tariffs.html

There are plenty of options available.

Some links don't work, so either copy and paste, or go here: http://www.accommodationguide.com.au/sitemap/racv/Islands-The-Reef-bribie-island.shtm

markTHEblake
11th January 2006, 10:24 PM
After taking stock this morning I see I've clashed the golf date with my beloved Derby Day trip to melb and my sons birthday.

there has gotta be some special prize for this.

shavey
12th January 2006, 08:52 PM
Many thanks to G69 for getting us into second gear... I thought we were going to burn the clutch out for a while.. ;)

I can't wait to play somewhere new. I tried my contacts on the Goldie but it was very hard asking for mates rates on the weekends.

No matter what the actually dates are, at least we have a location and a rough timeframe for everybody to work with.

Thanks again G69, bring on the 06 Champs!!!

AndyP
12th January 2006, 09:01 PM
October 28/29 is locked in. So start planning for it.

Moe Norman
12th January 2006, 10:32 PM
I've just discovered that a good mate of mine that I haven't seen in two years is the Golf Ops Manager at Sanctuary Cove, so if we need to test the waters there again I'll give him a buzz.

Jarro
13th January 2006, 02:02 AM
give him a call anyway Moe, can't hurt to try i suppose :wink:

drunken
14th January 2006, 06:54 AM
Sounds good to me. Will mean that I can get home at a reasonable time on Sunday arvo as well. Either that or we can stay Sunday night & have a big drinking session on Sunday :D

Bruce
18th January 2006, 11:02 AM
The boss is asking me to plan my leave for 2006.

I am going to put in around the 28-29 October. Any late changes are going to be a pain in the arse, but will probably still be workable.

I'm committing early to coming up.

AndyP
18th January 2006, 11:14 AM
Good onya, Bruce. The date is pretty safe now.

Jono
21st January 2006, 07:02 PM
This post might get me into a bit of trouble, but let me say it anyway.

I'll be flying up and I hope there will be a few more from NSW and also Victoria as well. Including airfare, car hire, etc, it's going to cost $500 - $600. The main reason for flying up is to catch up with all the Ozgolfers and participate in the annual Ozgolf Championship. So I guess which courses we play is not my top priority.

Having said that, this is an annual event. (ie. once a year). I don't know how good Bribie Island is but green fee of $20 tells me that it's no match for somewhere like Lakelands. I think Lakelands and Glades double for under $150 is worth the extra money. How do others feel? Am I alone in thinking that our annual Championship should be played on a top course? (especially if it is too attract interstate visitors)

Grunt
21st January 2006, 07:07 PM
Bribie is a pretty good track Jono, would be on par with places like The Coast, Eastlakes & the like. I may even be undercutting it somewhat too.

Jarro
21st January 2006, 07:08 PM
Jono, Bribie Island Golf Course is a great layout ...... i'm sure those that have played both there and CTH would say that it is easily as good if not better than those courses.

Pacific Harbour is a totally new development. Resort style course that looks as good as any you'll find on the gold coast (IMHO)

I say if we go ahead and play these courses for the champs ... you won't be disappointed 8)

markTHEblake
21st January 2006, 07:29 PM
I don't know how good Bribie Island is but green fee of $20 tells me that it's no match for somewhere like Lakelands.

Jono, dont get me started on comparing gold coast green fees with elsewhere, i might get angry.

if the appropriate fee for Bribie Island is $20, then Lakelands is barely worth $30.
and thats only because Lakelands is pretty much guaranteed to be in pristine condition, and has a flash name for a designer. In any case Bribie is a much harder golf course.

The only reason Lakelands cost so much, is its targeted towards a different market, like Japanese Tourists. They will pay $150 coz they think thats cheap. You may not be aware but the Gold Coast green fee prices are driven by 'reverse' competition. Instead of competition driving prices down, they actually drive each others price up. One will increase prices to become the No 1 course (ie most expensive) and the others will follow to out price them or just keep up.

Even bloody Emerald Lakes has increased its Green Fees from $30 to $50 in the last 3 years. The only reason they did that was to lift the profile to make it look like a higher class course. And guess who decided that? the new GM who was recruited from one of those poncy trumped up resort courses.

Its bloody ridiculous that a class track like Bribie Island is $20 and so are the cow paddock public golf courses around West Burleigh, Tallebudgera area. Bloody resort courses have stuffed up gold coast golf, someone should blow them up.

Dont get me started....

Moe Norman
21st January 2006, 07:57 PM
Jono - couldn't be further from the truth.

Bribie is a classy course, and for mine Lakelands is a dump. A pretty one, but a dump nonetheless. Nicklaus, like Peter Thomson and other great golfers, didn't transfer his talent to course design at all.

Bribie is a very good layout, far superior to several resort courses on the coast with stupid green fees and shits all over CTH.

fair question though, as the fee suggests an ordinary course.

Trung
21st January 2006, 08:06 PM
Jono,

As a minority, shut up and put up. Deal with it. 8)

goughy
22nd January 2006, 06:42 PM
After playing PH you'll be happy to play bribie. My biggest problem is accuracy off the tee (only 1 or 2 fairways a round sometimes, maybe less). I lost about 5 balls at bribie gc when we played there last year. I would expect to need 19 or 20 for PH :shock: :oops:

Jono
22nd January 2006, 10:53 PM
To everyone who addressed my concerns (except Trung :roll: :roll: :roll: ), thanks for the info on Bribie GC. I look forward to playing it. 8)

I guess I was questioning more the need to keep the total green fees under $100 for the two rounds. My point was that because this is our annual signature event, with interstate visitors (and perhaps one day international visitors), we should consider being a bit more generous with our budget (say up to $150) if it meant playing on better courses.

Anyway, I'll be coming up wherever we play. Look forward to catching up with everyone then. 8)

Jarro
23rd January 2006, 06:14 AM
Jono, if you wanna make a special trip up here sometime before the Champs ... i'd be happy to take you to Bribie for a hit, give you a chance to check it out and put your mind at rest :wink:

Bruce
23rd January 2006, 02:48 PM
Anyway, I'll be coming up wherever we play.  Look forward to catching up with everyone then.  8)

I'll be here too Jono. You can buy me that beer you owe me. (http://www.ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3383)

terryand
23rd January 2006, 07:14 PM
Why don't we add some spice to these champs and have an interstate match play aswell.

I know some don't like to play matchplay with stroke rounds,but for those who don't mind,bring it on you lilly livered can't play southerners 8)

Just a thought......Well :smt102

Terry.

Flowergirl
23rd January 2006, 09:00 PM
Why don't we add some spice to these champs and have an interstate match play aswell.

I know some don't like to play matchplay with stroke rounds,but for those who don't mind,bring it on you lilly livered can't play southerners 8)

Just a thought......Well :smt102

Terry.

Oi..........I hope the "lilly livered southerners" was not directed to moi!!! Have you forgotten how big I am Terry boy!!!! Bring it on baby - just bring it on!!!
P.S. For what it's worth - I don't care where we play or when - as long as I don't have to eat at the South tweeds bowls club again - nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

markTHEblake
23rd January 2006, 09:34 PM

I'd be more interested in a city v country. You nancy pansy city boys will be in for the hidin of your lives.

Moe Norman
23rd January 2006, 11:30 PM
the Gold Coast is a city. Hell even Logan is a city!

BrisVegas
24th January 2006, 07:22 AM
This post might get me into a bit of trouble, but let me say it anyway.
Thats what annoys me on these forums sometimes Jono. People hold back from saying what they really think in fear of upsetting the masses. I'm glad you questioned it.
Apart from Dion who for some reason thinks the course is "dinky" I don't know too many here that don't enjoy playing bribie GC.

And i stand by my opinion. :roll:

BrisWesty
24th January 2006, 10:34 PM
Pine Rivers / Samford would have been a great location for the champs :smt043 , but Bribie / Pac Harbour will be a more than adequate substitute!

Alternative place to stay, just round the corner from the course could be Koolamara Beach Resort.

http://www.koolamara.com.au/beach_accommodation_features.html
http://www.koolamara.com.au/beach_accommodation_rates.html

97 Boyd St Woorim Bribie Island
Ph 3408 1277
Fax 3408 1204

They describe most of their rooms as facing out onto the palm filled pool area.

But who'd want to swim in a palm filled pool?

Keza_G
28th January 2006, 09:11 PM

there has gotta be some special prize for this.

Sorry, just saw this and thought...
hmmm
OZGOLF GALAH AWARD....

Cheers

Keza

AndyP
18th February 2006, 01:43 PM
Just added it to the OZgolf calendar.

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=18&day=2006-10-28&c=1

Flowergirl
19th February 2006, 10:01 PM
Explain to this Victorian where these golf courses are. Are they close to each other?

goughy
19th February 2006, 11:16 PM
They're on the same island. Then again, so is The Vines and Royal Queensland.

Grunt
20th February 2006, 06:32 AM
Well with my frustration with my club I guess I will be there for these champs now, why play in a champs that does not really mean anything to you where you can play in one that will be great

AndyP
20th February 2006, 08:22 AM
Explain to this Victorian where these golf courses are. Are they close to each other?
About halfway inbetween where you stayed at Coolum and Brisbane.

Bruce
20th February 2006, 09:03 AM
Does that mean the courses are finalised?

Which is the closest airport? It's time to start looking for the cheap fares.

I think accomodation and car pools etc can be organised much closer though.

BrisVegas
20th February 2006, 09:07 AM
Brisbane airport would be easiest I think. It's about 30-40 min to Bribie from Brisbane.

It may be a little closer to Sunshine Coast airport (at Coolum), but there'd be more flights/options from Brissie.

AndyP
20th February 2006, 09:31 AM
The bookings were made for both courses some time ago.

I'd suggest Brisbane airport too, it is closer, and gives you more options for getting a lift to Bribie.

BrisVegas
28th March 2006, 01:00 PM
Is it too late to ditch Bribie Island and play two rounds at Pacific Harbour???

CobraSS
28th March 2006, 01:23 PM
why bribie is a great course, how about we ditch pacific harbour and have two rounds at bribie instead......????

Moe Norman
28th March 2006, 01:33 PM
Bribie is a nice little course, how can you like Wynnum so much and not like Bribie?

Both are nice courses, but Bribie has the better layout.

peter_rs
28th March 2006, 01:33 PM
Anyone who is not straight hates bribie, so it explains why I don't like it, but doesn't explain BV.

Moe Norman
28th March 2006, 01:36 PM
doesn't explain me liking it either, just because I can't play a course doesn't mean I can't see that it's a good one.

I'm far from being straight (driving a gol ball that is for the predictable comedians)

BrisVegas
28th March 2006, 01:36 PM
Bribie is a "nice little course". don't get me wrong, I don't mind it.

It's just that I share Jono's concerns in that I don't think it's the best venue we could find to host our major event for the year.

What could be better than a championship layout like Pac Harbour, with the carts and range balls etc. laid on. There'll be a multi-million dollar clubhouse open before the champs and I have a hunch it'll have a great bistro / restaurant for Saturday night's get-together.

Plus, we'd all get two looks at it, so we could try and not make the same mistakes twice.

Moe Norman
28th March 2006, 01:39 PM
Bribie is a "nice little course". don't get me wrong, I don't mind it.

It's just that I share Jono's concerns in that I don't think it's the best venue we could find to host our major event for the year.

What could be better than a championship layout like Pac Harbour, with the carts and range balls etc. laid on It's a far superior course to Cooly-Tweed. The jury is out on whether Pac Harbour is any good, 'championship course' is a stupid concept, it's either a good course or it isn't.

Not to mention, as we are only playing one round per day I was hoping to walk. carts suck.

AndyP
28th March 2006, 01:49 PM
Why don't we play it at Lakelands/Palm Meadows?

BrisVegas
28th March 2006, 01:56 PM
It's a far superior course to Cooly-Tweed. The jury is out on whether Pac Harbour is any good, 'championship course' is a stupid concept, it's either a good course or it isn't.

I don't doubt Bribie is a better course (by whatever standard you're using) than Cooly-Tweed. We've moved on from there, so no need to defend that decision.

Let me draw a parrallel. Take Lakelands for eg... Like you, I don't think Lakelands is a "great" course. But at the very least it's a good "venue" and has a great finishing couple of holes. It also has a top clubhouse and a great driving range for everyone to meet up on before the game. The finishing couple of holes are great and can be viewed by a gallery hanging around the 18th green.

Pac Harbour's 17th and 18th holes are an awesome finish. What could be better than watching the field come in on that tough par 3 & 4 from the balcony of the clubhouse. Plus, at only $13 more than Bribie we're getting a super deal that we wouldn't get without golfer69's help. You can play bribie any time for $20.

Is Bribie really the course you wanna showcase to our Southern visitors for our one big event???

BrisVegas
28th March 2006, 01:58 PM
Why don't we play it at Lakelands/Palm Meadows?

I realise you're sh!t-stirring.... but anyway... I think we've got a good opportunity to play somewhere exciting and new for a great price at Pac Harbour.

Moe Norman
28th March 2006, 02:17 PM
I didn't know the price difference was only $13, I still favour the two venue deal but I see your point now.

BrisVegas
28th March 2006, 02:21 PM
i was assuming carts at both courses to be fair.

Anyway Thommo, you'll be the first to play Pac Harbour next week, so see what you think...

AndyP
28th March 2006, 02:27 PM
Just a reminder that carts aren't available to everyone at Bribie as they have limited numbers.
Price with carts is $37, without is $20.

I don't believe we have to showcase anything for the Champs. I'd enjoy the Champs regardless of what course they were played on.

Moe Norman
28th March 2006, 02:32 PM
i'd prefer to walk at both venues.

Dion, i'll report back on Pac Harbour next week, unless of course your sniffles develop and you can join me.

Iain
28th March 2006, 02:48 PM
Just a reminder that carts aren't available to everyone at Bribie as they have limited numbers.
Price with carts is $37, without is $20.

I think if we don't all have carts, then no-one should have carts.

Plus, I think having the 2 course's add's variety, plus it more about the people rather than the place!!! ;)

BrisVegas
28th March 2006, 02:53 PM
Dion, i'll report back on Pac Harbour next week, unless of course your sniffles develop and you can join me.

I'm a chance for Wednesday. No Australia worker should have to work on their birthday...

amanda
28th March 2006, 02:54 PM
I don't believe we have to showcase anything for the Champs. I'd enjoy the Champs regardless of what course they were played on.

I agree - we are going to the champs to play golf with friends - I don't think I'd come to Qld to play 2 pitch-n-putt courses or 2 bush track courses - but anything that's decent (ie grass on fairways and sand in bunkers) has my vote.

Moe Norman
28th March 2006, 02:54 PM
ok I'll plan to play on wednesday and I'll let you know my tee time.

Moe Norman
28th March 2006, 02:56 PM
G69, you're soft.

Nothing better than walking off a huge hangover on the course.

BrisVegas
28th March 2006, 02:59 PM
G69, you're soft.

Nothing better than walking off a huge hangover on the course.

I see.... so, is this why you pulled the pin on Saturday morning's game??? :smt002

AndyP
28th March 2006, 03:03 PM
I see.... so, is this why you pulled the pin on Saturday morning's game??? :smt002
He won't have a hangover then, he'll still be drunk.

peter_rs
28th March 2006, 03:10 PM
Thats even better, you just keep drinking and everything is good.

Moe Norman
28th March 2006, 03:34 PM
BV, it's because given the crowd I'll be venturing out with friday night I'll still be drinking when you tee off.

goughy
28th March 2006, 06:01 PM
I think stick wiht the two courses. Quite frankly I think pac harbour is gonna chew many of us up and spit us out like tabacco. While it will be a great day, I'm bringing at least 24 golf balls. I see myself needing up to three balls on some holes. I don't think bribie will be any push over, just slightly less destructive to our morals.

I donated 6 balls to bribie when we played there.

brad
28th March 2006, 06:16 PM
Damn, I carry, so this could get heavy :)

connico
28th March 2006, 06:18 PM
I would have to agree with two different venues I dont really care what they are but I'd like to play two different places for the sake for going to queensland and atleast experiencing two courses.

Personally im a walker myself, so im with moe on this one, carts are for pussies, even after the ****. Hell I prob won't sleep on saturday night. And dont worry brad ill carry enough for both of us...lol i do all the time anyways.

brad
28th March 2006, 06:23 PM
Are you trying to imply that I lose all your golf balls :confused: :smt021

:)

Anyway, if votes count, I agree with the two different courses as well.

markTHEblake
28th March 2006, 07:36 PM
carts should be banned. Walking is an integral part of the game ; see Martin v. USPGA
(if he won that case disregard the remark).

Only if we are all forced to use carts (ie poofy resort courses) then they should be permitted.

BrisVegas
28th March 2006, 07:41 PM
fine.

i'll go with the mob then.... doesn't mean i gotta like it.

Jarro
28th March 2006, 07:45 PM
just enjoy it for the day out that it'll be Dion ..... you might even get lucky and draw a decent group so you'll have a good time ;)

I think Bribie will be a great finish to the Champs .... it's not a pushover of a course at all

goughy
28th March 2006, 07:59 PM
fine.

i'll go with the mob then.... doesn't mean i gotta like it.

You'll be too sick from some off prawns you ate the night before to notice whether your playing bribie or augusta vegas :smt087

Jarro
28th March 2006, 08:01 PM
i'm backing Vegas to go with the steak option this year Goughy ;)

BrisVegas
28th March 2006, 08:04 PM
i'm backing Vegas to go with the steak option this year Goughy ;)

damn straight!

I'm almost sick thinking about how sick I was last year. I reckon AndyP spiked my drink.. He wanted me out of contention for POTY..:smt002

Jarro
28th March 2006, 08:12 PM
I couldn't believe how pale you looked when i saw you standing in the doorway that morning .... a nice shade of grey :shock:

BrisVegas
28th March 2006, 08:19 PM
I couldn't believe how pale you looked when i saw you standing in the doorway that morning .... a nice shade of grey :shock:

I seem to recall jono looking at me and saying I looked like ****. That can't be a good thing... He's a proctologist, so he should know...

Jarro
28th March 2006, 08:22 PM
your problem was that you didn't drink enough Crownies ... that stuff would've killed any bugs that were lurking in your gut.

Trungie and I were good as gold the next day ;)

BrisVegas
28th March 2006, 08:25 PM
beer and me don't agree. full stop. I rarely have more than one or two.

Vodkas and rumbos, that's my game.

markTHEblake
28th March 2006, 08:29 PM
. He's a proctologist, so he should know...

Whats his religion got to do with it.

AndyP
28th March 2006, 10:31 PM
I reckon AndyP spiked my drink.. He wanted me out of contention for POTY..:smt002
I spiked it for other reasons, but it backfired on me. Fortunately, once jarro had a couple of crownies under the belt, he was more than willing.

BrisVegas
29th March 2006, 09:09 AM
whoaaaaaaaaa...to much information. (not that theres anything wrong with that)

don't pretend you're not curious... :smt002

Jarro
29th March 2006, 04:03 PM
how the hell did i get involved in this lurid mess :confused:

connico
29th March 2006, 04:07 PM
cos its you jarro, no explaination needed

Jarro
29th March 2006, 04:10 PM
hey, all i did was have a dozen or so crownies, then kick everyones a4se on the pool table.

just an ordinary night out for me really.

connico
29th March 2006, 04:17 PM
well ill get down there and kick your **** on the tables....yeah its on baby

Moe Norman
29th March 2006, 04:34 PM
jarro is only good at pool because he doesn't have to lean over to get a good line :D

Jarro
29th March 2006, 04:37 PM
let me know when your next gig at the the Comedy Club is on Moe, you're hilarious.

Moe Norman
29th March 2006, 04:54 PM
wasn't sure if you were adverse to he short jokes or not so I thought I'd try one out, now I know it's a "don't go there" issue for future reference [-X

Courty
29th March 2006, 05:00 PM
I thought it was pretty funny. I reckon you should do some more! :mrgreen:

Moe Norman
29th March 2006, 05:03 PM
I know not to p!ss someone off whose attack zone is closer to my nuts than it is my head....

(and to beat the comedians to it, no my nuts nor my schlong are near my head :P )

Courty
29th March 2006, 05:05 PM
LOL :mrgreen:

Jarro
29th March 2006, 05:08 PM
wasn't sure if you were adverse to he short jokes or not so I thought I'd try one out, now I know it's a "don't go there" issue for future reference [-X

no offence taken, you've gotta do a lot worse than that to get me ****ed off. Anyway, i feel a lot better now that i've met mike from up north :smt002

Moe Norman
29th March 2006, 05:15 PM
Heh,

I picked up mike from the hotel and wasn't sure wich was him and which was his 12 year old son ;)

Speaikng of which - anyone heard from mike? Hope he didn't get smashed in the cyclone

Jarro
29th March 2006, 05:20 PM
haven't seen a post from him since before the game at Northlakes.

maybe we made the wrong sort of impression on him :???: I blame perci for being so ****ed :razz:

Moe Norman
29th March 2006, 05:25 PM
he posted after northlakes and sent me a PM thanking me for the lift and the loan of the sticks.

Shavey - by the way I've still got that 44" Lob wedge :shock:

AndyP
12th April 2006, 03:03 PM
You're just ****-stirring. This issue was going away, and you post that.

Jarro
12th April 2006, 03:10 PM
bloody good deal that golfer69 ....... :mrgreen:

Choppa
12th April 2006, 03:13 PM
2 days at PH..........:smt026 :mrgreen:

Jarro
12th April 2006, 03:16 PM
stop ****stirring [-X

Jarro
12th April 2006, 03:22 PM
a new poll sounds like a grand idea :mrgreen:

Jarro
12th April 2006, 03:31 PM
Why not just a totally new thread ???

Jarro
12th April 2006, 03:35 PM
well, it's a democratic society ... at least that's what Fishy tells me i have to think :roll:

people have a right to change their minds if they want to.

Jono
12th April 2006, 03:42 PM
New thread sounds good. I'm not fussed either way, but having played PH, I would love to play that twice. 8)

Jarro
12th April 2006, 03:45 PM
Jono, like i told you on the day at PH, Bribie is a great little course also ... nowhere in the league of PH .. but still a nice course all the same.

You can only get in trouble at Bribie if you hit a high draw off the tee.

;)

connico
12th April 2006, 03:53 PM
Or a big push right?? thats what i tend to do right now...freaking hell..

Regardless...vote it out??? lets do an election?! :)

AndyP
12th April 2006, 03:54 PM
Before we start we'd need to work out what % we want to change venues so theres not another *****fight after the poll has ended. Maybe we need 75% to change it and not 50%.
Decide the percentages via a poll. The question is what percentage is needed to vote on a percentage for us to use that percentage.

Jono
12th April 2006, 03:54 PM
Jono, like i told you on the day at PH, Bribie is a great little course also ... nowhere in the league of PH .. but still a nice course all the same.

You can only get in trouble at Bribie if you hit a high draw off the tee.

;)

I'm sure it's a good track. I'll go with the majority. Playing the same course (esp when it's as good as PH) two days in a row has a certain appeal ... Sort of like playing in a pro tournament ... yeah, right. :lol:

I'd better start working on my low fades ... :-D

Grunt
12th April 2006, 04:37 PM
I reckon especially for those of us travelling up the 2 course option is the better one.

Jarro
12th April 2006, 04:39 PM
probably right there Grant.

Bribie is still a great course, not a resort course, but a great test of golf just the same.

Bruce
12th April 2006, 04:41 PM
I won't go into reasons in the voting thread so I'll do it here.

For me the combo appeals more. As this is kind of a holiday thing for me making the trip north I like the idea of playing a few different places. I can't remember too many of those who come to Melbourne playing National - Open a couple of times, you spread yourselves around a bit and try as many as you can. My trip up to the champs is the same.

That said I am coming up on Thursday and back on Monday (late) so I will be able to find other opportunities if the vote is for the double.

goughy
12th April 2006, 05:48 PM
I'm sure it's a good track. I'll go with the majority. Playing the same course (esp when it's as good as PH) two days in a row has a certain appeal ... Sort of like playing in a pro tournament ... yeah, right. :lol:

I'd better start working on my low fades ... :-D

When I played there last year my stock miss was to the right and I lost 6 balls during the round. Even on a par 3 where I didn't miss the green by much. I'd suggest working on your straight down the middle :-?

Moe Norman
18th April 2006, 08:22 PM
so are we blanket banning carts?

this is a proper event after all!

EDIT: tezza as our resident Van Gogh of golf photography should be given exemption of course!

BrisVegas
18th April 2006, 08:23 PM
so are we blanket banning carts?

this is a proper event after all!

why don't you start a poll ?

AndyP
18th April 2006, 08:30 PM
so are we blanket banning carts? No. If people enjoy their golf more with a cart, then they can have it.
There is no reason to ban them.

connico
18th April 2006, 08:37 PM
ill be tezzas second :) ill see what i can bring down and see how many shots i can take :)

and carts...meh if your old your deserve one :) but if one person in a group has one then the rest in the group should share one too...

Moe Norman
18th April 2006, 08:39 PM
i like BV's idea better.

connico
18th April 2006, 08:43 PM
polls dont really tell us much lol :)

Courty
18th April 2006, 08:45 PM
I got a note from my doctor saying I need a cart. I'll also get one from the barman at the RSL.

I'm thinking I might need to share one with you, 69er. We can trade CT scans and hot nurse stories. ;)

Courty
18th April 2006, 08:53 PM
Sorry mate...best nurse at the PA was every bit an 8 stubby number.

Hmmm, must have been my private health care then. :mrgreen:
I've been making rapid improvement and will be doing some chipping & putting as soon as all these cyclones **** off.

AndyP
2nd June 2006, 11:41 AM
Are they serious?
Doesn't your name count for anything?

When do they expect this deposit?

connico
2nd June 2006, 11:44 AM
thats gotta suck man, did you guys have this problem last year?

AndyP
2nd June 2006, 11:54 AM
thats gotta suck man, did you guys have this problem last year?
No, Cooly-Tweed didn't expect a deposit the last two years.

connico
2nd June 2006, 12:12 PM
wonder why they expect a deposit, so are we going to have to russle it up?

amanda
2nd June 2006, 12:40 PM
It makes sense - they want some guarantee that we aren't going to pull out a couple of weeks before.

I'm happy to pay for our rounds + cart beforehand.

brad
2nd June 2006, 12:42 PM
Or select a different course ?? :)

AndyP
2nd June 2006, 01:00 PM
Or select a different course ?? :)
Why don't you start a poll, brad?

brad
2nd June 2006, 01:13 PM
Aren't they the useless things that cause useless arguments? :)

Anyway, I'm with amanda on this one, since she's happy to pay :D

AndyP
2nd June 2006, 01:17 PM
I'm happy to pay for our rounds + cart beforehand.

Anyway, I'm with amanda on this one, since she's happy to pay
I'm with amanda too. I have no problem with her paying for us.

connico
2nd June 2006, 01:28 PM
Aren't they the useless things that cause useless arguments? :)

Anyway, I'm with amanda on this one, since she's happy to pay :D

Most prob with your credit card details??

AndyP
2nd June 2006, 01:28 PM
Ok sorted...Mandy..please PM me with your credit card details.
Can you pre-order some drinks and nibblies on her card too please, g69.

Courty
2nd June 2006, 01:43 PM
If Mandy's paying, I think we should have an electric cart each... ;)

amanda
2nd June 2006, 02:16 PM
I'm going to disappoint you all and say that "our" = amanda + brad.

Though I'll be more than happy to charge everyone else's fees on my card if you direct debit me the money first :D

Grunt
2nd June 2006, 02:29 PM
Are you thinking reward points Amanda?

Jarro
2nd June 2006, 02:54 PM
i'm happy to pay in advance.

How will we do it though ?? all pay seperatly, or give the money to someone to do it for us (like Mandy offered)

Courty
2nd June 2006, 02:57 PM
What's going to happen with people like me: not yet 100% on attending (I'm sure I'm not the only one) .
I'm not prepared to pay anything unless I know for sure that I will be coming.

Jarro
2nd June 2006, 02:59 PM
When is the deposit required by ?

connico
2nd June 2006, 03:55 PM
that sounds like a sane idea!, can g69 really have one of them?

amanda
2nd June 2006, 04:39 PM
Are you thinking reward points Amanda?
too right - I'm giving up my rewards credit card in October so I'm milking it for all it's worth now :D

goughy
2nd June 2006, 11:30 PM
I'm happy to fix mine up front as well. And happy to send it to amanda. All we need is a certain number of us to pay up-front and that should cover the courty's etc who aren't 100% certain.

brad
5th June 2006, 01:10 PM
I'm going to disappoint you all and say that "our" = amanda + brad.

Though I'll be more than happy to charge everyone else's fees on my card if you direct debit me the money first :D

I'm not disappointed :wink:.

Good point Goughy!

connico
5th June 2006, 04:07 PM
well i'll be there, so i'll pay upfront if need be

Rusty
3rd September 2006, 07:20 AM
g69, pls put me down for this weekend. prefer to walk, but cart ok. let me know if money required.

AndyP
3rd September 2006, 07:36 AM
We'll add your name to the list, Rusty.

AndyP
28th September 2006, 08:35 PM
Pacific Harbour GC

Bribie Island GC
*bump*
Only a month out, so it's time to start gearing up for this.

andylo
29th September 2006, 07:27 AM
*bump*
Only a month out, so it's time to start gearing up for this.

What sort of reply you looking for?

Alo still in and want cart for both day please.

Grunt
29th September 2006, 07:30 AM
Alo, use some of that pent up energy and walk you lazy barstard.

andylo
29th September 2006, 07:31 AM
Just started a new job + just back from a long tiring trip and I don't want to be too tired.

PeteyD
29th September 2006, 07:32 AM
200 th post in this thread

+1

AndyP
29th September 2006, 11:53 AM
What sort of reply you looking for?
It's a reminder for the dates/times/venues.

BrisWesty
30th September 2006, 07:49 AM
Hmmm, looks like I could be in for possibly an even bigger weekend of golf.
If I do well in the club champs and matchplay, the final of the Caboolture matchplay is on the 28th.
All supposition at the moment as there's 54 holes of champs, and 2 rounds of matchplay to be played between now and then though!

Jarro
1st October 2006, 07:36 AM
why don't we just put all the names into a hat and draw the groups that way ?

2 rounds of stableford sounds like a way to ensure we don't have 5 hour rounds also ;)

goughy
1st October 2006, 07:39 AM
go stab at pacific and stroke at bribie gc.

Grunt
1st October 2006, 08:13 AM
2 Stab rounds are my favourites.

AndyP
1st October 2006, 09:17 AM
Format: We've had stab followed by stroke in the last two champs. Do we need to change?

Also, do we even bother with groupings or rock up and let the punters organise it themselves ?Definitely not. Saturday's groups should be organised beforehand. Any volunteers?

CobraSS
1st October 2006, 09:23 AM
without being a pain in the butt, I need to be in Brisbane at 7pm saturday night so if possible could myself and my brother be in the first group at Pacific Harbour???

AndyP
1st October 2006, 09:27 AM
PITB!
Roar Game? Coming back to party with us after?

BrisVegas
2nd October 2006, 11:13 AM
Format: We've had stab followed by stroke in the last two champs. Do we need to change?

Definitely not. Saturday's groups should be organised beforehand. Any volunteers?

Keep the format the same.

As for groupings, what's wrong with a random draw out of a hat??? If there are any guests of ozgolfers, just stick their name on the same piece of paper as the ozgolfer. Too easy.

Make Sunday's groups seeded....

Flowergirl
2nd October 2006, 11:13 AM
I'll do the groupings. Give me the list, any preferences and I'll work it out. I'll take the balme if anyone isn't happy.

Flowergirl
2nd October 2006, 11:15 AM
I'll do the groupings. Give me the list, any preferences and I'll work it out. I'll take the balme if anyone isn't happy.

On second thoughts......do it Dions way. Then we can just blame the hat.

BrisVegas
2nd October 2006, 11:16 AM
hahahaha. I've got just the hat for it too.....

Courty
2nd October 2006, 11:16 AM
hahahaha. I've got just the hat for it too.....

Blakey's? :mrgreen:

BrisVegas
2nd October 2006, 11:17 AM
the hat formerly known as blakeys... Come to think of it, maybe we should turn that hat into some sort of perpetual trophy...

Jarro
2nd October 2006, 11:18 AM
The hat is the only way to go, takes any favouritism out of it

Eag's
2nd October 2006, 11:56 AM
Yep another vote for the hat here.

PeteyD
2nd October 2006, 12:01 PM
Any sort of random method would be good. We have a list with numbers (1- 50) we could just put them in random order and there's your groups.

Flowergirl
2nd October 2006, 03:10 PM
Ok....I've grabbed the hat ( actually it was an orange box) and I've put all the numbers in that correspond to the names on the playing list. We ahve 9 groups of 4 and 2 groups of 3 - that adds up to 42. The draw was done at random and are as they came out of the box. I will post on a new thread and we can take it from there. If anyone has a problem with the draw PM me and state your case and I may consider changes.

Is this OK?????????

Wasn't sure if anyone really wanted to play with partner or friend. At least it is a start.

peter_rs
2nd October 2006, 03:14 PM
You go flowergirl

PeteyD
2nd October 2006, 03:14 PM
Okay by me FG. Well done on the initiative.

Courty
2nd October 2006, 03:15 PM
Fine by me. ;)

BrisWesty
2nd October 2006, 03:17 PM
Can I play with Rusty for (at least) one of the rounds?
We've been trying to organise a game (without success) even before both of us linked onto ozgolf.

Grunt
2nd October 2006, 03:19 PM
Way to go FG, someone taking control. Good to see.

Flowergirl
2nd October 2006, 03:23 PM
Can I play with Rusty for (at least) one of the rounds?
We've been trying to organise a game (without success) even before both of us linked onto ozgolf.

Draw has been done - see new thread. But I'm sure that along with all the other changes that this can be done. :smt002

Grunt
2nd October 2006, 03:24 PM
Quick question for those in the know. Are we playing in the comps at the various courses as well?

PeteyD
2nd October 2006, 03:39 PM
Grunt - don;t think so at PH. Not at Bribie at the moment. I think it is being looked into though.

BrisWesty
2nd October 2006, 03:44 PM
If we do Bribie as a "Social Club" we may get a couple of dozen balls or similar from them. Playing in the comp might be more up people's alley though.

terryand
2nd October 2006, 07:59 PM
Pacific Harbour GC

Well this sux, how the hell am I going to be in 2 places at once.

The way things have panned out over the last 4 or 5 months, my time playing golf has been limited, so my desire to play has waned also. All this considered,I am still keen to come and photo you guys and girls, albeit probably only on Saturday,hence the 2 tees sux, but I'm sure I can figure something out to get at least one tee sequence of everybody and of course everybody coming down 18.

Terry.

BrisVegas
2nd October 2006, 08:01 PM
come and play Tez. There's plenty of us (me included) who are fuly expecting to hack it around. It's all about the social side for me!

AndyP
2nd October 2006, 08:02 PM
It's all about the social side for me!
Too-bloody-right!

terryand
2nd October 2006, 08:42 PM
come and play Tez. There's plenty of us (me included) who are fuly expecting to hack it around. It's all about the social side for me!

The 2 day thing just doesn't suit me. Plus the money I spent at last years Champs,I would prefer to spend on camera gear ATM.

Don't get me wrong,I have no regrets at all about the cost of last years Champs, its just my priorities have changed this year.

So next year with a full kit of "L"(Tour) lenses,try and stop me.

Terry.

BrisVegas
2nd October 2006, 08:44 PM
well, i just hope you' make it to the champs. wouldn't be the same without you.

terryand
2nd October 2006, 08:49 PM
well, i just hope you' make it to the champs. wouldn't be the same without you.

I'll be there on Saturday (don't fancy driving up a 6 on Sunday) for sure.Definitely staying for a drink or 2 and maybe even dinner,then drive home just before you lot get rowdy (mainly Shazza I guess):-s

Terry.

peter_rs
3rd October 2006, 07:57 AM
No I'm putting that one to bed early this year :)

shazza_rs
3rd October 2006, 08:44 AM
I'll be there on Saturday (don't fancy driving up a 6 on Sunday) for sure.Definitely staying for a drink or 2 and maybe even dinner,then drive home just before you lot get rowdy (mainly Shazza I guess):-s

Terry.

Yes i will be rowdy......

No I'm putting that one to bed early this year :)

And no i'm not going to bed early.................... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Grunt
3rd October 2006, 08:46 AM
So are there any plans set for the Saturday night function/Drink? How many of those playing are going home between rounds?

Moe Norman
3rd October 2006, 09:18 AM
so where is this thread?

AndyP
3rd October 2006, 08:26 PM
Pacific Harbour GC

Bribie Island GC
There is an error in the above. The $50 at PH did not include carts in the end.

Pacific Harbour GC
$50 - Carts available at $15pp shared

Bribie Island GC

goughy
5th October 2006, 04:21 PM
I rang Bribie Is GC today to double check things. Here are the details so far.

Tee off is 7.24am, at the moment off of one tee but they will try and get some groups off the other 9 if possible. Cost is $20pp if we have 41 or more, which seems likely. They don't seem to require a deposit, but would like us to pay in one hit for the group. With that being the case once numbers are confirmed (they'd like to know a little in advance) then we need one person to collect all the money from everyone and go into the pro-shop to pay. Could everyone keep the right money available on the day so there's no mucking about with change etc. And if the numbers fall below 41 the price may go up.

The club has 12 carts, currently booked for us, with the possibility of using some members carts if available. I'll be setting up a poll to count those that wish to ride in a cart at bribie; they'd like to know asap as there is another social group who would like any available.

Realised I forgot to ask them about things like long drive, ntp etc. Honestly I think we take care of these things ourselves. Some old golf shafts for the long drives and some tape measures for ntp's. ONce you guys work out what you need I'll look at knocking something simple up. All you have to do is have the first group of the day take them out with them and the last group bring them in. That way no involvement from the club and no questions to ask them.

The big question on everyone's minds. Green reno's at bribie island gc are scheduled to start the 13th november. You're in the clear.

Grunt
5th October 2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks Goughy
I will walk both days, I guess they core later up there with the climate differences as most course here in Sydney are recovering from coring last month.

amanda
5th October 2006, 04:44 PM
We are more than happy to walk! Thanks for checking all of this info :)

BrisVegas
6th October 2006, 07:31 AM
The big question on everyone's minds. Green reno's at bribie island gc are scheduled to start the 13th november. You're in the clear.

Cool. Thanks for sweating the details for us all goughy.

7.24am eh..... I think there'll be a few who are still drunk at that time of the morning!:smt002

PeteyD
6th October 2006, 07:47 AM
Just get seeded and you are off after 8:00 ;)

Flowergirl
8th October 2006, 09:26 PM
Just get seeded and you are off after 8:00 ;)

Is that seeded or seedy. I think I'll have a better chance at the latter:???:

PeteyD
9th October 2006, 07:38 AM
I intend to be at least seedy if not seeded, not that I can do any seeding since the operation ...

macleod
9th October 2006, 01:51 PM
I intend to be at least seedy if not seeded, not that I can do any seeding since the operation ...

GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

how did everyone miss this...for shame.... best laugh at work today.

Bruce
9th October 2006, 02:28 PM

We should compare scars.

BrisWesty
9th October 2006, 03:32 PM
Was scared to ask ...

Jarro
9th October 2006, 03:36 PM
We should compare scars.

i'll be in that :mrgreen:

990B Luva
10th October 2006, 11:33 AM
eeewww.... sorry guys, i have to bail on the Champs... cant afford it with my car and also losing my licence....

PeteyD
10th October 2006, 11:39 AM
Piker. Sleep in your car!!

Grunt
10th October 2006, 06:49 PM
I know some of us are having a Friday night meet up but, is anything planned for a Pre round meet up before 12 tee off at Pacific Harbour? So us guys that have not met many of you in real life before. Get that little period of puting faces to the names out of the way before the golf starts.

Jarro
10th October 2006, 06:53 PM
just get to the practice putting green about an hour before tee-off Grant.

Shouldn't be hard to spot the Ozgolfers ;)

Grunt
10th October 2006, 06:57 PM
Ok, will be on the lookout. I may head to the bar for a nerve settler ;) Can't waste good putts on the Putting green.

Flowergirl
10th October 2006, 07:01 PM
I've got name tags organised - with both ozgolf and real names. Make things a bit easier.

Grunt
10th October 2006, 07:02 PM
Wow FG you are very organised aren't you? Can you be my backup mum for the weekend.

Flowergirl
10th October 2006, 07:42 PM
Reenie...bring some spare undies for me for the weekend just in case I forget.

I know I come come up with a smart arse reply if I think a bit. Ah got it!! Dickie - you won't need spare ones - play your cards right and you can get into mine.:twisted: ( sorry - haven't been drinking - best I could do- sorry)

Flowergirl
10th October 2006, 07:43 PM
Wow FG you are very organised aren't you? Can you be my backup mum for the weekend.

Oi.....I may be old enough to be your mum - but I don't plan on acting it.:shock: :smt002

Grunt
10th October 2006, 08:12 PM
I think I may be a little old for you to be mum FG, but I may need one to look out for me on the weekend.

BrisWesty
11th October 2006, 10:23 AM
Outstanding effort (and riposte) Reenie, but don't let Johnny boy read your posts ;-)