PDA

View Full Version : Sony Open in Hawaii

cazandpaul
10th January 2006, 04:13 PM
On this week with coverage on ESPN.

Michelle Wie is in the field on a sponsor's exemption - could this be the year she makes the cut?

Apples, Lonard, Scott and Dresses are joined by a few of our Nationwide Tour grads so there is a good Aussie presence.

Vijay is the defending champ.

Jarro
10th January 2006, 04:19 PM
Apples has gotta be a serious contender hasn't he ..... i mean, the man now OWNS Hawaii :lol:

terryand
10th January 2006, 06:13 PM
Apples has gotta be a serious contender hasn't he ..... i mean, the man now OWNS Hawaii  :lol:

Not to mention 3 merc's :shock:

Terry.

goughy
10th January 2006, 06:44 PM
Apples has gotta be a serious contender hasn't he ..... i mean, the man now OWNS Hawaii  :lol:

Terry.

Which I bet look great beside the yellow lamborghini (spelling I know)

terryand
10th January 2006, 06:59 PM

Terry.

Which I bet look great beside the yellow lamborghini (spelling I know)

Altough I think he is a BMW man, if I remember correctly,I think it was Gaz was saying he used to hang around a BMW forum.

Terry.

goughy
10th January 2006, 07:08 PM
I remember seeing pics of apple's with his yellow lamb...... on bsg at one of the tournaments. It was parked next to sergio's merc.

Jarro
10th January 2006, 07:58 PM
yeah i saw that too Goughy ... bloody nice car that Lambo :smt023

Grunt
10th January 2006, 08:02 PM
Lets hope for another Aussie win this week, will really get up the seppo's nose's. I reckon Lonards game might suit this course. Did he play there last year?

terryand
10th January 2006, 08:10 PM
Didn't he drive a Lambo in the Tassie Targa last year :smt017

I'm still pretty sure he was a BWM man :?

Terry.

Toolish
10th January 2006, 08:45 PM
Definately a Lambo at Targa...not sure about previous BMW love though

McMw
10th January 2006, 11:46 PM
picture of him getting out (or in) to his yellow lambo was in a US golf digest magazine last year or the year before...

something abt arriving in a lambo, but departing in something else, after blowing a lead in the final round (or something like that)...

Grunt
13th January 2006, 08:37 PM
Lonard got a good opening round in with a 3 under, maybe he can do it this week.

Jarro
14th January 2006, 03:44 PM
nothing like a bit of pressure on the first tee :roll:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/tourspec/pgatour/Sony2.jpg

Jarro
15th January 2006, 02:23 PM
2 horse race now ....... how boring :smt015

Jarro
16th January 2006, 10:26 AM
Appleby and Nathan Green are both tied for 5th place at the moment.

looking good for another strong Aussie showing in the placings 8)

Jarro
16th January 2006, 02:06 PM
nice 5 shot win to David Toms who finished -19. =D> seems his little heart scare has been put well and truly behind him.

Also noticed he averaged over 305 yards during the tournament. Not bad for someone that has never really been mentioned in the big-hitters club :roll:

Aussie Nathan Green finished in 5th position on -11, and Stuart Appleby finished T7th a further 3 shots back.

Other notables were David Duval who finished at -2 (tied 31st) and Adam Scott who came in at -4 for a tie for 18th spot.

Good to see DD back playing good golf again too 8)

Iain
16th January 2006, 04:48 PM
Good to see DD back playing good golf again too 8)

And actually making the cut!! 8)

I think Tom's has always been quite long, not really long like some others.

He has a great swing, it's a real body swing, his arms are well connected to his torso, so it's very efficient.