PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket shafts

bdoug10
23rd September 2013, 06:49 PM
I have got the xhot driver with stock project x reg in it. Thinking about getting a different shaft to play around with for fun. What is a good first buy? Also will I notice much difference if I got a genuine project x in the same flex as opposed to the "made for"

rqrox
23rd September 2013, 08:00 PM
Mate, there are heaps of driver shafts that are worth a go and only a few that will suit an individuals requirements! What characteristics are you after?

I have an X Hot and my swing type needs a relatively soft tip with a solid mid section so I have settled on a Fubuki alpha which has worked best for me in that driver head thus far.

bdoug10
23rd September 2013, 08:09 PM
No idea long and straight lol

SirTop
24th September 2013, 11:29 PM
This is a good question, and how did you know that ***ubi shaft was right with those precise requirements? Was it a fitting to pro that works on reviewing your swing for that for example?

I'm interested also as I'm looking at shafts for extra drivers I'm collecting.

Good luck finding the one, have you found your shits are ok with the stock shaft?

Bushka
25th September 2013, 09:55 AM
I found its nearly pointless unless you have some kind of consistency to your swing.

I mean i was hitting black time 6m3's in X stiff into orbit because i was freaking hopeless with a huge over the top off the back foot.

Now i hit a whiteboard in stiff and it is a much lower ball flight. I'm not very good but the point is until my swing was in a place where the shaft could actually have a positive effect it was all just money down the tubes.

Courty
25th September 2013, 10:58 AM
I found its nearly pointless unless you have some kind of consistency to your swing.

I mean i was hitting black time 6m3's in X stiff into orbit because i was freaking hopeless with a huge over the top off the back foot.

Now i hit a whiteboard in stiff and it is a much lower ball flight. I'm not very good but the point is until my swing was in a place where the shaft could actually have a positive effect it was all just money down the tubes.

Post reported for too much common sense. ;)

LeftyHoges
25th September 2013, 11:01 AM
Post reported for too much common sense. ;)

You don't have to report them dude. You can just delete. That's why your name is in Orange.

markTHEblake
25th September 2013, 11:06 AM

unless you are a rank beginner, everyone does have consistency with their swing. Golf is so precise that it only takes very minor differences to have a dramatic effect on where the ball ends up. Thus getting the right shaft is not money down the drain regardless of handicap.

Bushka
26th September 2013, 06:40 AM
If you have balloon balls improving technique will give a lot more joy than any shaft change, best sentence I've ever typed IMO