PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 9th January, 2006

BrisVegas
10th January 2006, 07:15 AM
Thought I'd start one of these for the first time.

No golf for me, but played 4 sets of crappy tennis last night with AndyP. Got flogged 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, 6-3. Came home strong! :lol:

Think that'll do me for another 15 years or so. Just reinforced why I gave up tennis to play golf. 8)

P.S. AndyP's got game. :wink:

Courty
10th January 2006, 08:49 AM

No golf for me, but played 4 sets of crappy tennis last night with AndyP.  Got flogged 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, 6-3.  Came home strong!  :lol:

Think that'll do me for another 15 years or so.  Just reinforced why I gave up tennis to play golf.  8)  

P.S.  AndyP's got game.  :wink:

Must be that new racket of AdminnyP's :wink:

AndyP
10th January 2006, 09:53 AM
If I really wanted to impress BV I would have used my old racquet then.  I really struggled with the new one and just couldn't hit the shots I wanted to play, as it is so much different.  I even double faulted a whole service game away.  It looked to be coming good by the end however.

Surely your last set, Vegas, was like a great 18th hole after a crappy round.  Just enough to give you the encouragement that you can actually play the game.

Thanks again for filling in for our team.  So I take it you don't want to be a more permanent fill-in?

(For the record, the four sets I played in were 5-6, 0-6, 0-6, 3-6)

BrisVegas
10th January 2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks again for filling in for our team.  So I take it you don't want to be a more permanent fill-in?

Nope, I'm done. I don't really enjoy tennis now that i can't play it anymore. It was too late a night too. And my feet hurt now... And... And... boohoo....

Courty
10th January 2006, 11:39 AM
I don't really enjoy tennis now that i can't play it anymore.  It was too late a night too.  And my feet hurt now... And... And... boohoo....

Toughen up, ya big skirt!

:wink:

Matt 3 Jab
10th January 2006, 07:26 PM
played with a mate today, shot 76 at new brighton, was +5 after 3 holes, then +1 coming down 16, finished at +4, putter was on fire, rest wasent great, looking forward to thursdays game

Grunt
10th January 2006, 07:27 PM
Look out he can putt now :shock:

Pinglauncher
11th January 2006, 06:42 AM
Different putter Matt :?:

Matt 3 Jab
11th January 2006, 07:05 AM
same putter as i had on saturday, just realised after all the years i had the face on the putter closed, now ive squared it up (looks open to me but because i wear contacts and have a dominant eye) and with cross handed solid stroke i am rolling them in from everywhere.
first 3 holes had the hooks, 3 o.o.b's, fixed that then played well, driver still not going great, hence the double on 16, but irons going well and putter is hot to touch, im so confident aswell
Bring it on :twisted: C'Mon!!!! :smt035

amanda
11th January 2006, 04:22 PM
wow matt - that's a great improvement in your putting! see you tomorrow.

Pinglauncher
11th January 2006, 06:35 PM
same putter as i had on saturday, just realised after all the years i had the face on the putter closed, now ive squared it up (looks open to me but because i wear contacts and have a dominant eye) and with cross handed solid stroke i am rolling them in from everywhere.
first 3 holes had the hooks, 3 o.o.b's, fixed that then played well, driver still not going great, hence the double on 16, but irons going well and putter is hot to touch, im so confident aswell
Bring it on  :twisted:  C'Mon!!!!  :smt035

Are you right eye dominant by any chance. I have found if I putt with a string line or line up on a tile etc when my 2 Ball is square it looks open and as a mallet it probably looks even worse than a normal blade style putter. I know I need to have it appear open but it is really hard to commit to. I may have to find a way of getting the 2 Ball marked with a straight line.

McMw
11th January 2006, 08:07 PM
77 today from the tips in preparation for Sunday - course is in crap condition with the heavy rain last night... :(

34 putts - but that's got to do with lousy chipping, and the damn ProV ball I was using...4 times today the ball just hit the green and stopped a foot away - I'm more used to the ball releasing a little bit more on this greens... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Matt 3 Jab
12th January 2006, 06:54 AM
Are you right eye dominant by any chance. I have found if I putt with a string line or line up on a tile etc when my 2 Ball is square it looks open and as a mallet it probably looks even worse than a normal blade style putter. I know I need to have it appear open but it is really hard to commit to. I may have to find a way of getting the 2 Ball marked with a straight line.

I am right eye domiant, thats what the pro was saying, so i went and tried it and wow, all these years of the putter letting me down, ah well, new start, and thats today, not going to try and shoot the lights out, just shoot my handicap or better, wont be trying to go under from the first round i think i can putt, but it just might happen

Trung
12th January 2006, 07:38 AM

No golf for me, but played 4 sets of crappy tennis last night with AndyP.  Got flogged 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, 6-3.  Came home strong!  :lol:

Think that'll do me for another 15 years or so.  Just reinforced why I gave up tennis to play golf.  8)  

Nice game AP... :D

AndyP
12th January 2006, 08:17 AM

Nice game AP...  :D
I didn't beat BV, we were on the same team. Those two 6 love sets in the middle were with me as a doubles partner. So it was a rough night for me too.

Grunt
12th January 2006, 03:17 PM
Played New Brighton this afternoon with Matt3jab, Amanda, & Trung. Shot 33 points with 2 wipes and a fair few 1 pointers, A few pars.
Played pretty poorly good shot/Bad shot was the go for most of the game :? Finished with a par to drag me back out there again, playing Mac Grange in the morning hopefully home track will help me.

Matt 3 Jab
12th January 2006, 03:28 PM
played today with grunt, amanda and trung, played well but choked it for the last few holes, shot 77 for 38 points, was even par going down 14 :cry: but doesnt matter, the putter was going great, didnt drive the ball well, but happy with the end result, thanks for the game grunt, amanda and trung.
Fairways: 7/13
Greens: 8/18
Putts: 31

amanda
12th January 2006, 03:31 PM
played with the guys at New Brighton.

33 points today - I made 19 on the front but 14 on the back :? Things were going well until the 13th hole, then wiped 3 in a row. Only on 16 did I figure out how to fix things - stop trying to bash the ball! Swinging easy must be the best way for me. Every time I tried to muscle the ball - it was a big slice.

Matt's putting has really improved - especially on the short (5 feet and less) putts.

I haven't got a clue how many fairways, greens or putts I had!

Grunt
13th January 2006, 02:22 PM
Played Mac Grange this morning in the rain, scrappy again,32 points, 2 wipes, 5 pars & alot of other could haves :? My game is so scrappy at the moment. Putted ok, very poor short game. Did not chip or pitch anywhere near well enough.

Hopefully the game will get it together tomorrow for the par comp at Macarthur Grange.

Jono
14th January 2006, 01:03 AM

Grunt
14th January 2006, 04:17 AM
Can't say losing a stroke off my handicap is going backwards. Just might be playing off a more corret handicap at the moment and I need to improve to get the result I was getting last year.

Jono
14th January 2006, 05:49 AM
Can't say losing a stroke off my handicap is going backwards. Just might be playing off a more corret handicap at the moment and I need to improve to get the result I was getting last year.

Hmm ... my original post was not meant to be a criticism of your golf. It was meant to be a "pat on the back" type of post because you seem a bit hard on yourself and your game lately. However, it didn't come across as I intended, so message is now deleted. 8)

Grunt
14th January 2006, 12:58 PM
Well Jono you fired me up this morning and it nearly worked, I shot Plus 2 in a par comp at Macarthur Grange today. Can you do it before every round I play :wink: Could have been anything I had 5 minuses and still finished with plus 2. Ball striking was awesome have to rethink my strategy around the course now as some par 4's are different clubs off the tee to give me a good shot at the pin.
Greens had been scarified during the week so they were crap yet again, I am going to write a leter to the committee about the course conditions not being up to the standard they deserve to be.
Hit 12 fairways
32 putts
3 GIR

Hopefully thegame is coming back to me after a lull of a few weeks.

Jono
14th January 2006, 01:08 PM
Well played Grant. 8)

Let me know when you need some more "firing up". :wink:

Jarro
14th January 2006, 01:58 PM
Did you take the 3 wood outta the bag like you said you would Grant :wink:

Grunt
14th January 2006, 04:09 PM
No but I didn't use it if that means anything. I did drop the 60* and put the 56* wege in the bag.

amanda
15th January 2006, 05:58 AM
Great work grant!

Fishman Dan
15th January 2006, 07:48 AM
32 points.

Lost shots on 2, 3 and 4 early and successfully managed to keep them off. First round back at my course for over a month.

Hit fairways off the tee and generally got around ok, putting let me down. The course is great at the moment because the rough is LONG. The greens were really slow however.

Junior Pennants today, so i'm guessing they cut them this morning.

Jarro
15th January 2006, 02:34 PM
4ball ambrose day today at Northlakes (thanks again Nudgee :wink: )

Hit some good drives today, the new shaft seems to be working really well now .... i was actually getting close to hitting it up with the big boys (Vegas,Tezza,Nudgee)

anyway, we finished on 57.5points to run second. 10 birdies and 8 pars on a tough layout was pretty good shooting.

BrisVegas
15th January 2006, 02:56 PM

Hit some good drives today, the new shaft seems to be working really well now .... i was actually getting close to hitting it up with the big boys (Vegas,Tezza,Nudgee)

anyway, we finished on 57.5points  to run second. 10 birdies and 8 pars on a tough layout was pretty good shooting.

Thanks again Nudgee for the day. 8) 8) Good company and some reasonable golf. Great to see jarro hitting that 510TP solidly. All it took was a decent lightweight shaft eh! As for me, it was good to get out and play. Game was pretty scratchy, but nailed a couple of iron shots and wedges. Hit a few wayward drives, but that's the nature of the ambrose format. Ya tend to over swing a bit when your partner is already in the fairway... :oops:

Jarro
15th January 2006, 02:59 PM
 Hit a few wayward drives

hit a few long bombs as well :shock:

that one down 18 was a pearler 8)

as was the approach shot ............. and the putt :lol:

Pinglauncher
15th January 2006, 04:06 PM
A very good day today :D :D

I had 42 points with 3 one pointers and Nathan had 43 points with 2 wipes and a one pointer. We also had 52 points in the 4BBB.

We both fed off each others games and it was one of those days where golf is a real pleasure. It was possibly the best I have seen Nathan play and his new irons ROCK 8) 8)

Grunt
15th January 2006, 04:18 PM
Great golf Chris & Nathan =D>
Shall I get the visitors prize for friday printed up with your surname on it, so we can just fill in the first name of the winner :wink: on the day .

Jono
15th January 2006, 04:21 PM
Well played Pinglauncher ... Swing changes paying off? :wink:

Pinglauncher
15th January 2006, 05:06 PM
Great golf Chris & Nathan =D>
Shall I get the visitors prize for friday printed up with your surname on it, so we can just fill in the first name of the winner :wink: on the day .

Thanks Grant. I'll be happy to improve my first effort out there.

Pinglauncher
15th January 2006, 05:07 PM
Well played Pinglauncher ... Swing changes paying off?  :wink:

Feeling a little more comfortable with the changes Jono. Loooong way to go though.

gazgolf1
15th January 2006, 05:39 PM
Chopped it around Nudgee yesterday for 32 pts :? ,first game back for 06 and very rusty.
Skunted one up to 2m on the 9th for a NTP....only highlight of the day. :wink:

terryand
15th January 2006, 05:41 PM

anyway, we finished on 57.5points  to run second. 10 birdies and 8 pars on a tough layout was pretty good shooting.

Thanks again Nudgee for the day.  8)  8)  Good company and some reasonable golf.  Great to see jarro hitting that 510TP solidly.  All it took was a decent lightweight shaft eh!  As for me, it was good to get out and play.  Game was pretty scratchy, but nailed a couple of iron shots and wedges.  Hit a few wayward drives, but that's the nature of the ambrose format.  Ya tend to over swing a bit when your partner is already in the fairway...  :oops:

What they said :lol: Thanks Nudgee :smt023

raidrboy
15th January 2006, 05:55 PM
Oh what a day today was. :oops:

18 points on front nine. :D 2 more points on 10th, 1point on 11th and, then all down hill. The 12th a short par 4 tee shot OOB 3rd down the slot 4th into front bunker 2 to get out, 3 putted from about 7 foot to finish with 10 points on back nine. Hell this game is frustrating. :?:

shazza_rs
15th January 2006, 06:07 PM
Saturday 14th

Played at Riverlakes..... for a stunning 37 points..... started par, par, wipe, par, par, wipe, par, bogey, bogey for a total of 19 points. More standard golf on the back 9 for 18 points.

Highlight of the round..... bombing a 245m drive down the par 5 2nd. C'mon! (I was at the 200m stake on the right side of the fairway). Then proceeded to top my three wood to the 135m stake. :oops: Still managed a par though so all is good.

shazza_rs
15th January 2006, 06:10 PM
Saturday 15th.

Pete had a really solid round for a total of 28 points. Had one of those days where nothing went right. It was bound to happen eventually i guess.... he had been playing pretty good golf up until yesterday.

2 fairways
1 GIR

Didn't matter what club was in the hand, end result was sh!t!

Highlights :twisted:
Airmailing the 4th from 120m out in the centre of the fairway. OOB
Nearly topping a ball on the 6th.
Playing a ball from the river on 12.
Playing a ball from the concrete spill over area of the dam. Nearly made it to the green.

3oneday
15th January 2006, 06:54 PM
the new shaft seems to be working really well now ....

Jarro
15th January 2006, 07:17 PM
the new shaft seems to be working really well now ....

your point  :?:  :?  :roll:

McMw
15th January 2006, 08:01 PM
wow...wat a round I had today... :roll: :roll:
bookened the round with triple bogeys...
had a double in there, and four bogeys...
mixed it with 5 birdies... :roll: :roll:
finished with a 7over 77...

good thing out of the day - started with a triple 7, and managed to get it back to level par 35 after 9....

not sure what the hell happened on the back nine tho... :evil: :evil:

jimandr
15th January 2006, 08:34 PM
Another frustrating and disappointing day today for 33 points. Played a number of miracle recovery shots to get into good position, then couldn't get any feeling on the chip shots. Used one of Grunt's Optima V8 prize balls. I'll give the other one to anyone who wants it. I don't like 'em.

Fairways = 5 of 14 :oops:
Greens in Reg = 7 of 18
Putts = 33, no three putts, no birdies
Up and Down = 2 of 6, both by holing 12 footers
Sand Saves = 0 of 2.

Eag's
19th January 2006, 05:10 PM

anyway, we finished on 57.5points to run second. 10 birdies and 8 pars on a tough layout was pretty good shooting.

Thanks again Nudgee for the day. 8) 8) Good company and some reasonable golf. Great to see jarro hitting that 510TP solidly. All it took was a decent lightweight shaft eh! As for me, it was good to get out and play. Game was pretty scratchy, but nailed a couple of iron shots and wedges. Hit a few wayward drives, but that's the nature of the ambrose format. Ya tend to over swing a bit when your partner is already in the fairway... :oops:

Damn right in my backyard as well, I love Northlakes :(
Glad you had fun guys.