PDA

View Full Version : 20/20 Cricket

Trung
9th January 2006, 03:38 PM
Its on for young and old tonight. Poor those bowlers, they only have 4 overs to survive.

Jarro
9th January 2006, 03:41 PM
i'm looking forward to it actually ..... i quite enjoy watching the bowlers getting smashed :twisted:

Hope the rain stays away :(

AndyP
9th January 2006, 03:42 PM
Maybe there will be a repeat of the Qld v Tas 20/20 game on Friday night, where the Gabba blacked out and turned into a lake.

BrisWesty
9th January 2006, 05:19 PM
Rules I'd like to see.

I want them to bring in more of the rules from the Under 12s, including having to retire if you face 20 balls or make a 50 whichever comes first.

The one that never caught on, but would be really worth watching would be filling up a tennis ball full of water using a syringe and using that. If they miss the ball, Brett Lee gets to 'brand' them with it from 5m away. McGrath would have a better chance of hitting them though.

Fishman Dan
9th January 2006, 05:36 PM
Tis not cricket...

See the pics of the blokes at North Sydney Oval yesterday (in the same game that NSW won convincingly by the way). They made a 20+ metre beer-cup snake. Now that's dedication!

I think they should have the cricketers make their own beer-cup snake instead - much better spectacle.

Trung
9th January 2006, 07:00 PM
Get this knob off strike and bring someone else in.

Trung
9th January 2006, 07:00 PM
My wish granted.. James Hopes *GONE*

Jarro
9th January 2006, 07:05 PM
get Symonds in there 8)

peter_rs
9th January 2006, 07:11 PM
what about the poor people in the stands :lol:

Jarro
9th January 2006, 07:24 PM
that lady in the stand catches like Blakey :lol:

Trung
9th January 2006, 07:27 PM
what about the ladette that got smashed on the chest by Ponting?

oooooouch :shock:

Jarro
9th January 2006, 07:32 PM
what about the ladette that got smashed on the chest by Ponting?

oooooouch  :shock:

that's who i was referring to mate :roll:

GO ROY \:D/

Trung
9th January 2006, 07:34 PM
that's who i was referring to mate  :roll:

I was busy watching and forgot to press "Submit" :lol:

Jarro
9th January 2006, 07:36 PM
that's who i was referring to mate  :roll:

I was busy watching and forgot to press "Submit"  :lol:

sure you were :roll:

I'll bet golfer69 and Fishy are watching as well :wink:

Jarro
9th January 2006, 07:43 PM
how can you NOT enjoy this form of the game :smt023

Jarro
9th January 2006, 07:54 PM
great knock from Martyn 8)

only problem i have with this format of the game is that it doesn't leave you enough time to get to the fridge to get another beer :roll: you miss too much of the action.

Grunt
9th January 2006, 08:01 PM
Not harming me :lol: Have to cut back soon though Work tomorrow :(

shazza_rs
9th January 2006, 08:06 PM
great knock from Martyn  8)

only problem i have with this format of the game is that it doesn't leave you enough time to get to the fridge to get another beer  :roll: you miss too much of the action.

I hear ya Jarro!

Thinking bout investing in a lounge fridge for the occasion. :lol:

Jarro
9th January 2006, 08:11 PM
great knock from Martyn  8)

only problem i have with this format of the game is that it doesn't leave you enough time to get to the fridge to get another beer  :roll: you miss too much of the action.

I hear ya Jarro!

Thinking bout investing in a lounge fridge for the occasion.  :lol:

either that or just move a Telly into the kitchen/bar area

mike
9th January 2006, 09:34 PM
Can't be much to do in Brisbane. :roll:

40 000 turned up to watch this garbage.

Trung
9th January 2006, 09:39 PM
for those in favour of 20/20, repeat after me....

I LOVE IT :lol:

terryand
9th January 2006, 09:45 PM

I LOVE IT  :lol:

Ditto, even the wife watched it :shock:

Not bad for a hit and giggle pyjama party 8)

Terry.

mike
9th January 2006, 09:51 PM
Sorry but this just ain't cricket.

Every four that I saw was from a miss hit.

The players didn't take it seriously.

20/20 sux

terryand
9th January 2006, 09:54 PM
Sorry but this just ain't cricket.

Every four that I saw was from a miss hit.

The players didn't take it seriously.

20/20 sux

Then take ya bat "N" ball and go home Mike :lol: :P

Terry.

mike
9th January 2006, 09:57 PM
Then take ya bat "N" ball and go home Mike

I am home.

3oneday
9th January 2006, 10:03 PM

I LOVE IT  :lol:

Ditto, even the wife watched it :shock: yep great, now the bloody phone calls are taken in the lounge room :x :x

:lol:

damoocow
9th January 2006, 10:31 PM
watched about 30 mins of this on and off tonight and thought it was BORING......I do predict it will be a big hit though with those losers who drink XXXX Gold and Carlton Mid and listen to B105 / MMM / Nova etc etc.

damoocow

CobraSS
9th January 2006, 10:41 PM
watched about 30 mins of this on and off tonight and thought it was BORING......I do predict it will be a big hit though with those losers who drink XXXX Gold and Carlton Mid and listen to B105 / MMM / Nova etc etc.

damoocow

lol :D

McMw
9th January 2006, 10:53 PM
how long did the entire game take???

AndyP
9th January 2006, 10:56 PM
I don't think this sport (it's not cricket) favours the batters enough. The bowlers should have to bowl with one arm tied behind their back.

Jarro
10th January 2006, 04:41 AM
LOVED IT 8)

what a great idea ..... should be more 20/20 internationals played every year 8)

drunken
10th January 2006, 06:52 AM
watched about 30 mins of this on and off tonight and thought it was BORING......I do predict it will be a big hit though with those losers who drink XXXX Gold and Carlton Mid and listen to  B105 / MMM / Nova etc etc.

damoocow

Don't know about that, it's finished that quick you barely have time to get pissed off mid strength. Maybe if they played two games back to back. State match before the international. 80 overs & still less time then a regularl one dayer & you'd be able to get pissed off the crap midstrength beer you can get at the ground.

markTHEblake
10th January 2006, 08:13 AM
Good concept. Kinda like the quickie you have just before you go to golf.

Great for families and kids. My boy gets bored watching normal cricket, This kept his attention a lot longer. And for most people they get to see a whole game whilst not losing a days work.

Regardless of what it means to 'real' cricket, if it gets the crowds in, then its good for the game. There is no need to be concerned, the authorities are clear that this is not a replacement for other games.

Bruce
10th January 2006, 09:13 AM
Anyone who uses the phrase "here to stay" within earshot of me in the next week or so will get a smack in the chops. Regardless of whether they are referring to Twenty20 or not.

The spruiking was just relentless despite the fact that the game was over by the 5th over of the Sarf Ethrican innings.

The game is set up to be a smash fest and that bring the element of luck into it a lot. I reckon there were 8 or 9 french cuts for 4. A few dropped catches but also a few balls dropping in between the inner and outer fielders. Last night Marto and Roy got lucky pretty often. On other nights the french cut hits leg stump or they get just enough on it to carry to the outfield and they're out for 10. Gibbs got a flying inside edge that had enough on it and went in the wrong direction enough to get caught at deep square leg. He was unlucky and his sides fortunes go down with him.

It is what it is and that isn't too bad. Too much cricket is barely enough.

AndyP
10th January 2006, 09:31 AM
If this game stays, ODIs need to go.

And whats with that nickname on the back of the pyjamas shit?

Jarro
10th January 2006, 03:52 PM
Regardless of what it means to 'real' cricket, if it gets the crowds in, then its good for the game.

exactly.

.. and from what i saw on the telly last night, there were 40,000 pretty happy spectators there ... having a great time.

get used to it fellas, i think 20/20 is here to stay :wink:

sorry Bruce

Golfgirl
10th January 2006, 04:00 PM
Well, I liked it....

I am not a test cricket fan (takes too bloody long), and I prefer ODI cricket, but hey! I was able to get home from work, have dinner, and still watch an entire cricket match - so it works for me!!!

AndyP
10th January 2006, 04:02 PM
Good for the game? We'll see.
Won't people be tempted to forgo watching the ODIs, because their day out to the cricket will be the 20/20 match instead?

Bruce
10th January 2006, 04:02 PM
get used to it fellas, i think 20/20 is here to stay  :wink:

sorry Bruce

*SMACK*

Jarro
10th January 2006, 04:04 PM
Good for the game?  We'll see.
Won't people be tempted to forgo watching the ODIs, because their day out to the cricket will be the 20/20 match instead?

i think the Australian public can't get enough of the cricket, especially the shorter versions of the game. Having 20/20 now along with regular ODI's shouldn't affect attendances at either format i wouldn't think.

mike
10th January 2006, 08:01 PM
Hey, why not go the whole hog.

Make it a five over game. Bring the boundarys in 40 or so metres.

Have 2 fielders. ( one leg, one off )

No wicket keeper.

A six is worth 40 runs.

The bowler has to bowl under arm full tosses.

The Gabba crowd will love it.

Bring it on. :D

Jarro
10th January 2006, 08:03 PM
that's just being stupid mike :roll:

AndyP
10th January 2006, 08:06 PM
Give it a few more years before they bring on 5 o 5, mike. By then 20/20 will be as boring as bat shit.

mike
10th January 2006, 08:11 PM
that's just being stupid mike  :roll:

Huh?

I think it's a great idea.

terryand
10th January 2006, 08:22 PM
Mike,get back into the A/C.

I think the heat up there is frying your brain :shock:

Terry.

Jarro
10th January 2006, 08:24 PM
that's just being stupid mike  :roll:

Huh?

I think it's a great idea.

:-#

markTHEblake
10th January 2006, 08:42 PM
Good for the game?  We'll see.

Not at all. Twenty20 cricket was all about getting people to the grounds that would have never gone before - and in particular, women and small kids.

the result in England is it came out exactly as planned.

BrisWesty
10th January 2006, 11:05 PM
mike, you may be on (to) something there. :wink:

Jarro
11th January 2006, 04:03 AM
mike, you may be on (to) something there. :wink:

don't encourage him [-X :wink:

damoocow
11th January 2006, 10:02 AM
golfer69 wrote

Yeah damo but you're TripleZ crowd is lolling around haunts like La Boite theatre or the Schonell sipping your seppo poofo latte's and skinny cino's and using excessive use of the terms "24/7", "its all good" and "thespians". Bunch of pretentious wankers !
edit...ohhh nice.."wankers" gets past the swearometer.

Been watching Gormsby then have we ??

damoocow