PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 9th September

Courty
14th September 2013, 02:48 PM
I played in a 4BBB with Solarman today. It was the first round of the 4BBB Champs so it was in grades. The result of which is that he had to stroke, off 10, in his first game in 6 weeks. :mrgreen:

I hit the ball pretty well for the most part, carding a 79/71. Our 4BBB nett was 70. Yep, that's right, he was only on the card twice, and one of those was only because he holed out before me. :lol:

I hit only 6 fairways, but many of the misses were only by a metre or so. Same story with the 7 greens. 28 putts and for the first time I can remember in a loooong time, no 3 jacks!

BrisWesty
14th September 2013, 03:03 PM
Today was my first comp in 13 months. Had let my membership lapse due to some family and external reasons, and only just got a membership as a fathers day present.

Last Saturday was a jog around 9 holes and it was horrific. I hadn't even swung a club for 12 months.

So today, went out to Caboolture to the first round of the Spring Cup (stroke event)

First 9 - 39 shots including 1 punch backwards out of tree roots. 7 x 1 putts, 1 x 2 putt, 1 x 3 putt.
Back 9 - 43 shots including 1 OOB. 5 x 1 putts, 2 x 2 putts, 2 x 3 putts.

All in all - 1 birdie, 9 pars, 5 bogeys, 2 doubles 1 triple.

1 fairway (though similar to courty, some were very close), and 2 GIR (same story - a lot of first shots onto the green were from the fringe)

82/67. goodbye 15 handicap.

My playing partner had an 82/69 including a 10 on the par 5 9th (including his buggy rolling into the dam on the 5th and falling over) and a 7 on the 11th after being on the fringe of the green for 2.

Dangals
14th September 2013, 03:25 PM
Played in the Medal round today and only my 3rd game in the last 7 weeks - plus the greens had been cored about 10 days ago so they were still fluffy and slow.

However managed to break my handicap for the first time in over 7 months! Didn't hit anything particularly well but my putter kept me alive.

76/67 with 1 Birdie (last hole), 11 pars, 5 bogeys, 1 double.

idgolfguy
14th September 2013, 03:28 PM
38 points in squally conditions.
10 pars and 1 birdie in regulation.

Happy to have parred 3 x Par 3 and birdied the other one. Parred 3 x Par 5.

Unhappy making 1 x triple, 3 x doubles. 3 x bogies with 2 x 3 putts.

Love golf!

Pirelli
14th September 2013, 04:01 PM
29 points, pretty average today but hit some good shots here and there.

Hatchman
14th September 2013, 04:51 PM
I played in a 4BBB with Solarman today. It was the first round of the 4BBB Champs so it was in grades. The result of which is that he had to stroke, off 10, in his first game in 6 weeks. :mrgreen:

I hit the ball pretty well for the most part, carding a 79/71. Our 4BBB nett was 70. Yep, that's right, he was only on the card twice, and one of those was only because he holed out before me. :lol:

I hit only 6 fairways, but many of the misses were only by a metre or so. Same story with the 7 greens. 28 putts and for the first time I can remember in a loooong time, no 3 jacks!

4BBB Champs? What's that about?
When I think of champs and golf, I think of straight Foursomes or Club Championship or zone/region Champion.

On side note, hows your shoulders.

3Puttpete
14th September 2013, 04:52 PM
1 x 3 putt

Captain Nemo
14th September 2013, 05:01 PM
39 pts today, I'm back!
Wiped the first, then sculled my beer and knuckled down.
Drove it ordinary, but the new Futura X saved me on more than 1 occasion.
30 putts first time out, got to be happy with that.
;)

Courty
14th September 2013, 05:11 PM
4BBB Champs? What's that about?
When I think of champs and golf, I think of straight Foursomes or Club Championship or zone/region Champion.

On side note, hows your shoulders.

I dunno, but they do it every year (2nd & final round next week).

I'm exhausted. ;)

39 pts today, I'm back!

Conquered the game? :p

Captain Nemo
14th September 2013, 05:16 PM
I dunno, but they do it every year (2nd & final round next week).

I'm exhausted. ;)

Conquered the game? :p

Not quite, but I'm out of my rut!
;)

Hatchman
14th September 2013, 05:18 PM
That would frustrate me having 2 4BBB in consecutive weeks. It irks me that my club have 1 a month.

Pirelli
14th September 2013, 06:12 PM
That would frustrate me having 2 4BBB in consecutive weeks. It irks me that my club have 1 a month.

1 a month seems like quite a lot. I agree, hate playing it, would much rather play my own card and try to have a good round and bring the handicap down.

BenM
14th September 2013, 06:18 PM
My shit form continues with 31 points today. Managed 42pts in a 4BBB with our only 1 pointer on 18.

The annoying thing is I know what my main swing fault is right now (coming over the top) but still did it plenty.

Glorious day for golf though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Courty
14th September 2013, 06:43 PM
That would frustrate me having 2 4BBB in consecutive weeks. It irks me that my club have 1 a month. Me too. We've already decided to play elsewhere next weekend.

AndyP
14th September 2013, 07:07 PM
Westy, I reckon there is no chance of you backing that score up next week. Good comeback.

Looney
14th September 2013, 08:13 PM
Had 37 points today which after 8 rounds without breaking my handicap was very pleasing.
1 birdie 1 bogey and doubles on both 9 & 18 for a 4 over total.
Played with an ex tour pro which was great, should have beaten him but for the double on the last.

qbnchopper
14th September 2013, 08:28 PM
Played with Hocko and Wayne-o at Royal Freo today - gusty as f***, cold as f*** - not too wet !!! Hocko hit some great shots and we all had a good time. Hocko witnessed Qbnchoppers trick shot artistry with qbn launching a 180meter 8 iron - 100 metre forward, 40 meters up and another 40 metres backward for a total forward progress of 60 metres .... incredible flight. Putting was very ordinary in the wind .... scores meh !!! An enjoyable day out though ....

Steve57
14th September 2013, 08:30 PM
1 x 3 puttWhere are you playing now 3pp?

Lagerlover
14th September 2013, 08:34 PM
Handy 16 points at RQ... thanks to a 4 point birdie

BrisWesty
14th September 2013, 08:41 PM
Westy, I reckon there is no chance of you backing that score up next week. Good comeback.

Thanks AndyP. I won B-Grade by 3 shots! Bwahahahaha!

3Puttpete
14th September 2013, 08:52 PM
Where are you playing now 3pp?

I'm at Royal Nudgee

Shortylook
14th September 2013, 09:58 PM
38 points/92 today in some super windy/rainy conditions, hit the ball pretty well, except for 4 or 5 useless little chips.

mrbluu
14th September 2013, 10:06 PM
Today was my first comp in 13 months. Had let my membership lapse due to some family and external reasons, and only just got a membership as a fathers day present.

Last Saturday was a jog around 9 holes and it was horrific. I hadn't even swung a club for 12 months.

So today, went out to Caboolture to the first round of the Spring Cup (stroke event)

First 9 - 39 shots including 1 punch backwards out of tree roots. 7 x 1 putts, 1 x 2 putt, 1 x 3 putt.
Back 9 - 43 shots including 1 OOB. 5 x 1 putts, 2 x 2 putts, 2 x 3 putts.

All in all - 1 birdie, 9 pars, 5 bogeys, 2 doubles 1 triple.

1 fairway (though similar to courty, some were very close), and 2 GIR (same story - a lot of first shots onto the green were from the fringe)

82/67. goodbye 15 handicap.

My playing partner had an 82/69 including a 10 on the par 5 9th (including his buggy rolling into the dam on the 5th and falling over) and a 7 on the 11th after being on the fringe of the green for 2.

Played in the Medal round today and only my 3rd game in the last 7 weeks - plus the greens had been cored about 10 days ago so they were still fluffy and slow.

However managed to break my handicap for the first time in over 7 months! Didn't hit anything particularly well but my putter kept me alive.

76/67 with 1 Birdie (last hole), 11 pars, 5 bogeys, 1 double.

Love golf!

39 pts today, I'm back!
Wiped the first, then sculled my beer and knuckled down.
Drove it ordinary, but the new Futura X saved me on more than 1 occasion.
30 putts first time out, got to be happy with that.
;)

Had 37 points today which after 8 rounds without breaking my handicap was very pleasing.
1 birdie 1 bogey and doubles on both 9 & 18 for a 4 over total.
Played with an ex tour pro which was great, should have beaten him but for the double on the last.

38 points/92 today in some super windy/rainy conditions, hit the ball pretty well, except for 4 or 5 useless little chips.

Well played boys, hopefully your good rounds will carry over to mine tomorrow :D

timah!
14th September 2013, 10:12 PM
Handy 16 points at RQ... thanks to a 4 point birdieStarting the trend up to Vegas?

mrbluu
15th September 2013, 03:39 PM
33 points at Cabra on 2nd week of cord greens. I hit the ball quite average on the frond nine, but got unlucky with a buried lie in the bunker in 16 and 3 jabbed the 18 for 15points. Beat shit the whole nine and I air mailed the 17th.

Played pretty well on the front on me, was 3 up after 4 holes but missed a 2ft put on 5th to break my momentum. Birdied 7a and wiped 8 then parred 9

Had 2 x 3 putts
1 x birdies
6 greens.

I'm so close to playing well.....

Pieface
15th September 2013, 04:37 PM

Love golf!

Buggered if I know how you scored like that id - well done!

I played 9 holes at Carramar and it was undoubtedly the meanest conditions I've ever swung a club in. The course must have coppped close to an inch of rain while we were out there and the wind was steady 30-40kph with some much bigger squalls at times. The last three holes it was standing water all over the place and the holes were all submerged.

Geordie-Lee
15th September 2013, 10:04 PM
Played Renmark this morning.
41 Strokes (22 points)
5/7 Fairways
2/9 Greens
16 Putts (1x3 putt)
Handicap 18.6

Best golf av played in a long long time! Made even better with a trip to the winery afterwards.

Waddzy
16th September 2013, 08:14 AM
Played Saturday in comp for a very very average 97/82 in stroke , using the cobra's CB/MB set are definitely out of my league.. Bombing the driver and then taking 5 shots to get down from 100 out was depressing, considering I 2 putt a lot. Dropped back to my razr blks for a social Sunday round at Arundel and smoked it, shot 79 off the stick , pity the greens few still very sandy from being cored but only took a few holes to work it out and par/birdies came. Lesson learnt, don't swap out clubs when your hitting them so well.

Monsta
16th September 2013, 09:49 AM
Saturday Par event +5 (Front +4, back +1) to win B Grade

Sunday Stableford, 18 points after 1st 6 holes 8) then the wheels fell off, 17 points for the next 12 holes :mad:

mrbluu
16th September 2013, 10:18 AM
Saturday Par event +5 (Front +4, back +1) to win B Grade

Sunday Stableford, 18 points after 1st 6 holes 8) then the wheels fell off, 17 points for the next 12 holes :mad:

Nice handbrake ;-)

Monsta
16th September 2013, 11:00 AM
Nice handbrake ;-)

Funny, spud said the same thing !!!! Glad the wheels did fall off tho, the winner for the day had 48 points :shock:

-FIGJAM-
16th September 2013, 04:48 PM
well i didnt get a game in but had a lesson. Walked away from the lesson with a mixed bag of emotion. Frustration and anger the main ones added with disappointment.

Most annoying walking away from a lesson (which isnt cheap) feeling like you're getting worse not better.

oldracer
16th September 2013, 06:27 PM
well i didnt get a game in but had a lesson. Walked away from the lesson with a mixed bag of emotion. Frustration and anger the main ones added with disappointment.Most annoying walking away from a lesson (which isnt cheap) feeling like you're getting worse not better. Yep really frustrating ain't it, can't hit for shit during lesson, feel like a goose, and hopefully same for you, next range session ain't so bad, guess that's golf heh

-FIGJAM-
17th September 2013, 01:39 PM
think I might give up on lessons and just play.

I can't find the time to actually practice what the guy wants me to do in the yard, so might as well spend my time and cash on the course

mrbluu
17th September 2013, 01:43 PM
think I might give up on lessons and just play.

I can't find the time to actually practice what the guy wants me to do in the yard, so might as well spend my time and cash on the course

Don't give up so early mate, a little practice will go a long way. Even 30mins in the back yard twice a week will do wonders for your game, especially if you are trying to ingrain something.

With lessons, if you are striping the whole time, the guy has probably only given you a bandaid solution.

Disclaimer, buying stuff is fun!!!

-FIGJAM-
17th September 2013, 04:04 PM
yea there are a few issues, I guess I feel that i dont have time to practice what with work, uni and life in general (house work, own business, etc)

also feel as if every week/lesson we are changing something else rather then working on one or two things getting them right and moving onto the next part.

dunno just real frustrated at the moment.

i guess i need to give myself the old waaaa treatment :D

Waddzy
17th September 2013, 04:19 PM
yea there are a few issues, I guess I feel that i dont have time to practice what with work, uni and life in general (house work, own business, etc)

also feel as if every week/lesson we are changing something else rather then working on one or two things getting them right and moving onto the next part.

dunno just real frustrated at the moment.

i guess i need to give myself the old waaaa treatment :D

Mate don't head back for your next lesson until you feel like your achieving what was meant in the first lesson.. I haven't had a lesson for about 8 weeks now but I feel as if the things we worked on are really coming together now.. (shooting easily my best scores with so much control) I still have 4 more already paid for.. same thing though ill go back in and wont go back until I feel I am doing what was meant to be changed.

oldracer
19th September 2013, 10:42 AM
Had a 49!!!!! with a dbl, triple and a lost ball, near/next to the green ok just can't chip or put for sh!t a the mo, Bluu that 50* RTX just might be coming your way!!!!! the lessons have straightened me up some what, not so far right now but I reckon you need to see the ball flight not just net time, which causes issues for most with time constraints.