PDA

View Full Version : Long Reef - Sunday 22, Jan

TS
9th January 2006, 09:51 AM
Jim & Jono said they would like to play Long Reef on Sunday 22 Jan. The tee time would be around 11:30am as the Doc need his beauty sleep and he doesn't get up before 9 for less than 10 grand. There is 1 spot available and the green will most likely be a little bit quicker than the one in Mac. Grange.

jimandr
10th January 2006, 09:26 PM
Tony

I'll confirm my desire to play Long Reef and my availability.

I'm in :)

If Jono is definitely playing, he'll want to place a wager 'to make it interesting'. Can I be on your team so I can enjoy the winnings? (this should serve as a warning to our volunteer fourth player, bring your 'A' game, as you'll need to carry Jono around :twisted: ).

Grunt
10th January 2006, 09:35 PM
Can I be a Maybe? Have to earn some brownie points. 8)

TS
10th January 2006, 09:39 PM
Tony

I'll confirm my desire to play Long Reef and my availability.

I'm in :)

If Jono is definitely playing, he'll want to place a wager 'to make it interesting'. Can I be on your team so I can enjoy the winnings? (this should serve as a warning to our volunteer fourth player, bring your 'A' game, as you'll need to carry Jono around :twisted: ).

It has been 12 months since Jono last broken his handicap. He may have a lucky day and make us pay.

Jono
11th January 2006, 12:41 AM
If Jono is definitely playing, he'll want to place a wager 'to make it interesting'.  Can I be on your team so I can enjoy the winnings?  (this should serve as a warning to our volunteer fourth player, bring your 'A' game, as you'll need to carry Jono around :twisted: ).

First you "enjoy the winnings" by being paired with Vince who carried you with a 44 pointer ... now you want to be paired with a local ... Do I detect a certain pattern in your betting strategy? :roll:

C'mon Jim. Show some guts. Why don't we make it individual? Since you have the tendency of wanting to drop out of big bets when you start losing, why don't we make it $5 for each nine and $5 for the total? The most you can lose is $15. :wink:

jimandr
11th January 2006, 10:40 PM
Jono

You detected my golf gambling strategy very accurately.

However, a challenge is a challenge. Your bet, PLUS wedges in the clubhouse afterwards. Do you think your Cobra scares me :P One other stipulation, you can't swap with Tony's Snake Eyes half way round (I reckon you were hitting that weapon better than either the R7 or the Cobra the day you played with it).

Jono
11th January 2006, 11:58 PM
 Do you think your Cobra scares me :P   One other stipulation, you can't swap with Tony's Snake Eyes half way round (I reckon you were hitting that weapon better than either the R7 or the Cobra the day you played with it).

My plan is to make you go deaf so you'll have no feel around the greens .. :wink:

Re: Snake Eyes ... I might make Tony an offer. $15? :twisted:

Grunt
14th January 2006, 02:11 PM
Is the spot still free TS, if so I'm in. I want to bring my A game to show jono how much I have improved since we played at Liverpool. :wink:

Grunt
14th January 2006, 02:14 PM
Bugger forget that last post Rachelle just reminded me we have something else on :cry: Have fun guys :?

Jono
14th January 2006, 02:27 PM
Sorry you can't make it, Grant ... :(

C'mon Trungy. What's this about the tee time being too late? :roll: Let's get our matchplay over and done with. 8) (because I can't play in Feb)

jimandr
15th January 2006, 09:40 PM
One way or another, we need a fourth player. I'd consider myself privileged to witness the grudge match of the year, but if Trung can't make it, do we have another interested party?

Jono
16th January 2006, 12:05 AM
Jim,

I believe Tony has already found a replacement. A non-Ozgolfer.

Make sure you bring the extra $15 plus money for the wedges. :wink:

TS
16th January 2006, 12:17 AM
The fourth spot has been filled. Someone heard that there is going to be easy money to be made from the good Doctor and he would take NO for answer. I am sure it will be a fun time for all.

TS

Fishman Dan
16th January 2006, 07:53 AM
Let me know if there's a late cancellation. I last played there over 15 years ago, would love to see it again.

At least it's close to the beach :roll:

jimandr
16th January 2006, 09:00 PM
The fourth spot has been filled. Someone heard that there is going to be easy money to be made from the good Doctor and he would take NO for answer. I am sure it will be a fun time for all.

TS

Do we have an official tee time for this epic battle? The only post mentioning a time says 'around 11.30'

I note the early forecast is for showers the rest of the week, including Sunday. Rain doesn't worry me too much (rain AND wind worry me a lot, but I'll turn up no matter what the weather is like), but will carts be available just in case?

TS
16th January 2006, 09:14 PM
Hi Jim

The game has been booked for 11:30am. There are carts, not sure if any is available.
TS

3oneday
16th January 2006, 09:21 PM
Hi Jim

The game has been booked for 11:30am. There are carts, not sure if any is available. Should be able to pick up some easy cash from the good Doc. We may be able to sell him couple of clubs as well.

TS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
17th January 2006, 10:17 PM
Yep - piddling down rain, driving wind, and locust plague.

Who wants to drop out?? [-o<

Jono
22nd January 2006, 08:36 PM
My quick impressions of the day.

It turned out that the mysterious fourth player was Trung. :roll: :lol:

Great. Payback time ... :smt112

We played our matchplay game and to cut a long story short, Trung got chopped by the Wood Chopper. Massacred. Butchered.

you are still a wood chopper

this is you when you are done with all your lessons

http://www.tifft.com/woodchopper.jpg

Dormied 4 down and ended 4 and 2. Could have been much worse, but as usual my putter let me down. I think Trung's R7 TP might go to the Proshop soon because he only hit two fairways all day with it. Downhill 11th and 14th. Both long bombs but the other ones were all over the place. Might be worthwhile looking for something more forgiving ... like the Cobra. :wink:

The wind picked up a bit which made the course play a bit tougher, but the quality of golf wasn't fantastic. Stableford points:

Jono 30
TS 28
Jimandr 25
Trung 24

Congrats Trung on your threepeat ... Threepeat of Wooden Spoons. :twisted:

Woodenspoon1 (http://www.ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3579&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120)

Woodenspoon2 (http://www.ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3770&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15)

I'll let the others fill in the details. It was sweet payback time for me ... 8)

Pete, you are next. I'm coming to get you, son. Be afraid. Be very afraid ... etc, etc. :wink: :lol:

3oneday
22nd January 2006, 08:39 PM
Pete, you are next.  I'm coming to get you, son.  Be afraid.  Be very afraid ... etc, etc.   :wink:   :lol:yep, $hitting myself :roll: :roll:

:wink:

Trung
22nd January 2006, 10:29 PM
Jono,

Congrats... You played sh*t... lucky for you I played worst than that... 8)

Good luck in the second round. 8)

3oneday
22nd January 2006, 10:30 PM
Jono,

Congrats... You played sh*t... lucky for you I played worst than that...  8)

Good luck in the second round.  8)sooo, are you playing again ?? again ???

:lol: :lol:

Jarro
22nd January 2006, 10:37 PM
Pete, you are next.  I'm coming to get you, son.  Be afraid.  Be very afraid ... etc, etc.   :wink:   :lol:yep, $hitting myself :roll:  :roll:

they have pads you old farts can wear to stop the mess you know :roll:

poor old fella :-&

jimandr
22nd January 2006, 10:41 PM
I've been busy posting other things, Jono is too busy with his own glories, and TS and Trung are both a bit quiet when it comes to describing amazing events. So, better late than never.

As the scores show, quality golf was in short supply today. As stories of misfortune are usually more entertaining than praise, here is a few amazing things from today.

The second green, Trung is in a greenside bunker. Hits it ultra-thin, 40 metres over the green, hits a three foot high stone wall, and bounces 30 metres back (and uphill) toward the flag. No fairytale save though. Another chip and two putts for a wipe. Remember this one, because he did even better later on.

12th green. Jono is getting excited by the prospect of winning his match. His marker is about 8 feet from the hole. My marker (a 10 cent piece), is about 12 feet from the hole, and at least 10 feet wide of Jono's marker, which looks nothing like my 10 cent piece. Jono places his ball on my marker, lines up the putt. My honest nature got the better of me and I stopped him from putting from the wrong place, and the resultant loss of hole and penalty strokes. He did read the putt well for me, at the left lip, but I pushed it slightly.

17th tee. A hole right along the beach. Tony, with the honour, tells us the out of bounds is along the edge of the grass and bushes on the left side. He then hits the wildest hook, on the beach and maybe in the Pacific Ocean on the full. At least 50 metres out of bounds.

18th green. Trung in another greenside bunker. Ultra-thins it again, over the green, going straight at the clubhouse, hits the roadway in front, and bounces 20 feet into the air and ONTO THE CLUBHOUSE ROOF. If he tried to do this 100 times he would not be able to recreate this shot again. He declined my offer to ignore the out of bounds if he could play at as it lies, from the roof.

Bad golf, but lots of fun.

Trung
22nd January 2006, 10:48 PM
TS and Trung are both a bit quiet when it comes to describing amazing events.  So, better late than never.

I just got home from golf.... and that is the true... :D

Jono
23rd January 2006, 12:04 AM
Pete, you are next.  I'm coming to get you, son.  Be afraid.  Be very afraid ... etc, etc.   :wink:   :lol:yep, $hitting myself :roll:  :roll:

they have pads you old farts can wear to stop the mess you know  :roll:

poor old fella  :-&

I can pick up some incontinence pads for 3accidentsinoneday from the geriatric ward ... :twisted: :wink: