PDA

View Full Version : WA: Champs official Betting thread

rubin
12th September 2013, 02:46 PM
its usually around this time of the year that wild accusations and bets get thrown around for champs. I know i've been guilty of this in the past myself.

Thought it would be best to keep track of them all in one thread, let people know whats on the line and what the bet is for.

First one is between Yoss and Myself. $100 to the lowest actual handicap by tee off for the GSM. given yoss hasn't played a round since mid june, i'm likely to lose that one (should have stipulated a minimum amount of rounds played).

I understand Ashes has a total of about $1,000 on the line over various bets, of which all are likely to be lost.

Also, this is a not so suttle hint for nuckbet to start working on the odds for this year. there have been some massive changes in form over the past 12 months.....

Anyone else want to formalise it?

Rubin v Yoss - $100 on the lowest cap by tee off on Friday.
Ashes v Simmsy - $20 on the highest stab score over Saturday/Sunday (paid to charity tin)
Ashes v Leftyhoges - $20 on the highest stab score over Saturday/Sunday (paid to charity tin)
Ashes v Hocko - $20 on the highest stab score over Saturday/Sunday (paid to charity tin)
Ashes v .....

Yossarian
12th September 2013, 02:51 PM
La Lubes, since the challenge you have played two more rounds than me. And had approximately 100 more shots. Minimum schminium

Johnny Canuck
12th September 2013, 02:57 PM
Check your pm s rubes.

LeftyHoges
12th September 2013, 03:18 PM
I bet I'm not going anywhere near that ****ing Maxibon shirt this year!

I feel like I need to play another round with Yoss, Shadesy and Bergsey to prove to them that I can actually play golf. Whatever the **** that was last year, it certainly wasn't golf!

hocko
12th September 2013, 03:47 PM
I could make an attempt to play "golf" this year too.

sms316
12th September 2013, 03:52 PM
I bet I'm not going anywhere near that ****ing Maxibon shirt this year!

I feel like I need to play another round with Yoss, Shadesy and Bergsey to prove to them that I can actually play golf. Whatever the **** that was last year, it certainly wasn't golf!
That shirt suited you (especially with the pink belt and lime shoes).

rubin
12th September 2013, 04:01 PM
Check your pm s rubes.

duly noted.

La Lubes, since the challenge you have played two more rounds than me. And had approximately 100 more shots. Minimum schminium

not sure u can count either. since we started, i've played 6 comp rounds, you have played 3, of which one was an NCR

simmsy
12th September 2013, 04:07 PM
That shirt suited you (especially with the pink belt and lime shoes).

there is an addition to the outfit this year too.

lefty you will love it!

simmsy
12th September 2013, 04:09 PM
I could make an attempt to play "golf" this year too.

play to your strengths mate.

Odds on first club snap:

Hocko - $1.02
Lefty - $1.90
all others - $8.00 and up

idgolfguy
12th September 2013, 04:10 PM
I'd never snap a club but am likely to lose it in a tree - does that count.

Yoss may not be around to climb the tree to retreive it.

rubin
12th September 2013, 04:14 PM
play to your strengths mate.

Odds on first club snap:

Hocko - $1.02
Lefty - $1.90
all others - $8.00 and up

u do mean deliberately snapping a club. I'm likely to snap one playing a shot from next to a tree (although there isn't much in the way of tree's at secrets.

Yossarian
12th September 2013, 04:21 PM
dually noted.

not sure u can count either. since we started, i've played 6 comp rounds, you have played 3, of which one was an NCR

Duly. Not dually.

Ra Rubes. The bet began on the 15th of May. Inclusive of this day I have played 4 one of which was indeed a NCR. I just couldn't be bothered that day.

Pieface
12th September 2013, 04:23 PM
Duly. Not dually.

Ra Rubes. The bet began on the 15th of May. Inclusive of this day I have played 4 one of which was indeed a NCR. I just couldn't be bothered that day.

I didn't think that would be let slide :lol:

rubin
12th September 2013, 04:40 PM
Duly. Not dually.

my apologies.

I also wasn't counting your round on the 15th - as it was that evening that i believe we agreed.

Yossarian
12th September 2013, 04:47 PM
My legal team assures me the round on the 15th counts.

simmsy
12th September 2013, 04:55 PM
anyway so Me&Ashes have a bet on the stab score over 2 champs rounds - $20 into the donation tin.

LeftyHoges
12th September 2013, 05:03 PM
anyway so Me&Ashes have a bet on the stab score over 2 champs rounds - $20 into the donation tin.

I'll be in this too if you like gents. Anything for charity.

Hocko should be in too, he'd have to have the most stabs over the weekend.

Ashes
12th September 2013, 05:11 PM
Ashes learnt to hit a baby draw with driver and keep it in play. You're all fighting for second place.

simmsy
12th September 2013, 05:20 PM
Baby draw one day snap hooks the next.

You're getting more and more like mundane every day.

rubin
12th September 2013, 06:16 PM
Ashes learnt to hit a baby draw with driver and keep it in play. You're all fighting for second place.

hope you have the second mortgage ready.

Baby draw one day snap hooks the next.

You're getting more and more like mundane every day.

I did see Ashes hit one draw on Saturday. It was entirely accidental, and i don't know if it could be repeated, but it looked pretty good. especially as the aim was slightly right as well.

Ashes
12th September 2013, 06:30 PM
Ashes v Simmsy - $20 on the highest stab score over Saturday/Sunday (paid to charity tin)
Ashes v Leftyhoges - $20 on the highest stab score over Saturday/Sunday (paid to charity tin)
Ashes v Hocko - $20 on the highest stab score over Saturday/Sunday (paid to charity tin)
Ashes v .....

My bet is with OMS only.

You're the only one looking to take on multiple men at once during the GSM weekend.

simmsy
12th September 2013, 06:53 PM
C'mon Ashes.
You keep saying how you've got the baby draw,
The high draw
The low fade
The GHEY fade
The flop
The bounce&jizz
The shank
The Irish shank
The bump'n run
The drop'n stop

You got it all baby. Don't get shy now.

rubin
12th September 2013, 07:11 PM
C'mon
You keep saying how you've got the baby draw,
The high draw
The low fade
The fade
The flop
The bounce
The bump'n run
The drop'n stop

You got it all baby. Don't get shy now.

Pretty sure that's me that claims all that actually.....

dc68
12th September 2013, 08:08 PM
What? No odds about me?!?!

sms316
12th September 2013, 08:11 PM
What? No odds about me?!?! I'm sure Nuckbet will install you at the top where you belong.

Yossarian
13th September 2013, 10:56 PM
my apologies.

I also wasn't counting your round on the 15th - as it was that evening that i believe we agreed.

I am also concerned that being in insurance you forgot about risk minimisation as part of this bet...

Shortylook
14th September 2013, 12:32 AM
I won't be betting with anyone if that's ok. I'm really struggling to play my home course,let alone play grass greens with money on the
line. Plus I'd only be a ATM.

Johnny Canuck
14th September 2013, 01:59 AM
I won't be betting with anyone if that's ok. I'm really struggling to play my home course,let alone play grass greens with money on the
line. Plus I'd only be a ATM.

Skins. 3/4 handicap. Giddyup.