PDA

View Full Version : I want an R7

Jarro
1st July 2004, 08:51 AM
i know all you guys think i'm a 'Ho but in reality i've only ever had 3 decent drivers.

after playing with Nudgee a few times, i've really come to appreciate what this driver can do for your game.

not so much the fact that you can make the club "help" you work the ball from right to left... but moreso the fact that you can set it up to hit the ball lower or higher.. depending on the weather conditions.

I love my 300Tour, but i'm afraid the old girl just can't compete with that :( these R7's are such a great club :!:

anyway, i'm just thinking out loud here...

..feel free to FLAME AWAY :!: :twisted:

BrisVegas
1st July 2004, 08:59 AM
I'm with you Jarro. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if my clubs got nicked right now... 8)

andylo
1st July 2004, 09:16 AM
I might get one as well when Kee recovered from his knee operation :)

But I stil QUITE keen on the SMTs.

But before all of above, I need to find my Sonartec 3 wood 1st.

Fishman Dan
1st July 2004, 09:18 AM
C'mon Jarro - something this good, must be the work of the devil. Sell your soul.

It was a priveldge going to the launch and belting a few at the range, and it's an infectious feeling. Go for it if you think it will help. If i dream of buying one, i have to wake up and apologise to the wife..

Fishman Dan
1st July 2004, 09:22 AM

Andy - i have to ask, why wait for Kee? I suppose waiting gives you 6-8 weeks to think about it - and practice your short game!!!!! This is the key to unlocking those sub-100 scores! Chipping close and putting!!

Unless you plan to putt with this thing.... :roll:

Iain
1st July 2004, 09:29 AM

Just imagine being about to adjust for a hook or slice roll to make the ball dive into the cup.. Or the high traj option for the bumpy surfaces... :P

I'm with you Jarro, I want one but won't until the TP comes down in price a fair bit.

Iain

andylo
1st July 2004, 09:49 AM

Andy - i have to ask, why wait for Kee? I suppose waiting gives you 6-8 weeks to think about it - and practice your short game!!!!! This is the key to unlocking those sub-100 scores! Chipping close and putting!!

I have a very close relationship with Kee. I mean very close... :shock: :roll: :lol:

McMw
1st July 2004, 09:57 AM
Good on ya Jarro - nice to have dreams!!! :D

Who knows....I too might have a R7 one day...in abt 12 mths time... :lol:

XR03s are available off ebay just abt everywhere....poor me!!! :roll: :lol:

prmeier
1st July 2004, 01:15 PM
Don't do it Jarro :cry: . Since I've changed over my 300 tour for a 510TP tour I haven't noticed any increase in distance, only a little more forgiveness. This could also be because the TP is 9.5 and the 300 was 8.0. If you're looking for extra loft, get a 9.5 300 tour to go with the 8.0. I think there is one available right now :D . Probably cost less overall as well 8) .

andylo
1st July 2004, 01:27 PM
Don't do it Jarro :cry: . Since I've changed over my 300 tour for a 510TP tour I haven't noticed any increase in distance, only a little more forgiveness. This could also be because the TP is 9.5 and the 300 was 8.0. If you're looking for extra loft, get a 9.5 300 tour to go with the 8.0. I think there is one available right now :D . Probably cost less overall as well 8) .

But I thought he actually want to alternation of the ball flight/trajectory.

prmeier
1st July 2004, 01:49 PM

I thought he was talking about altering trajectory. The 300 in a 8.0 and a 9.5 gives him a lower and higher trajectory.

Jarro
1st July 2004, 02:00 PM

I thought he was talking about altering trajectory. The 300 in a 8.0 and a 9.5 gives him a lower and higher trajectory.

I actually thought about the 9.5 Tour prmeier, but i really like the fact that the R7 sits square, or even a fly-shit closed... just looks more user friendly.

I'll wait a bit before i do anything anyway, having another lesson soon.... so it might all be in the swing :P

AndyP
1st July 2004, 03:10 PM
i know all you guys think i'm a 'Ho but in reality i've only ever had 3 decent drivers.

Only three? What does "in reality" mean? This year?
Shame on you, jarro. :smt011

hackin jim
1st July 2004, 03:16 PM
Jarro, TP, Tour or Retail :?:

Did you catch the segment on The Golf Show on Fox on Tuesday night?

Must admit I am intrigued by it but given I have turned over a 510TP, 540XD Tour and 580XD Tour in the last 2 months I think it best for me to "step away from the R7"....at least until the price comes down a bit. I'm thinking xmas present \:D/

Jarro
1st July 2004, 03:57 PM
Jarro, TP, Tour or Retail :?:

Did you catch the segment on The Golf Show on Fox on Tuesday night?

Must admit I am intrigued by it but given I have turned over a 510TP, 540XD Tour and 580XD Tour in the last 2 months I think it best for me to "step away from the R7"....at least until the price comes down a bit. I'm thinking xmas present \:D/

according to people i know that are using them, the retail version goes just fine James 8)

yeah i saw the Golf Show on tuesday night .. pretty interesting stuff. It only helped to stir my interest in this club.

by the way, how goes the 580XD Tour :?: I've been waiting for you to give us a review :wink:

hackin jim
1st July 2004, 04:23 PM
by the way, how goes the 580XD Tour :?: I've been waiting for you to give us a review :wink:

I can safely say that my driver hoing of the past couple of months can cease. Here is a mini review for ya:

TM Tour 580XD 8.5° w Fuji SIX @ 45" D3

Looks:
It might be 440cc but the dark colour and profile masks the size very well. The big club head and deep face inspire confidence at address.

Sound
Probably the only negative but that is only relatively speaking. For a driver head of over 400cc it is solid but compared to the TP it is a little "pingy" or tinny. Nothing like the retail or my mates BOM though.

Forgiveness
Just wants to go straight. Off centre hits lose distance but still want to go straight. Even some of my ugliest swings with this have seen not too bad results

Performance
Just awesome. What more could you want from a driver than to be long and straight and consistently so. Definately a keeper...until I get my R7 Tour for xmas :wink:

Jarro
1st July 2004, 04:30 PM

I can safely say that my driver hoing of the past couple of months can cease. Here is a mini review for ya:

TM Tour 580XD 8.5° w Fuji SIX @ 45" D3

Looks:
It might be 440cc but the dark colour and profile masks the size very well. The big club head and deep face inspire confidence at address.

Sound
Probably the only negative but that is only relatively speaking. For a driver head of over 400cc it is solid but compared to the TP it is a little "pingy" or tinny. Nothing like the retail or my mates BOM though.

Forgiveness
Just wants to go straight. Off centre hits lose distance but still want to go straight. Even some of my ugliest swings with this have seen not too bad results

Performance
Just awesome. What more could you want from a driver than to be long and straight and consistently so. Definately a keeper...until I get my R7 Tour for xmas :wink:

thanks mate, nice little review there 8)

can you tell me a little more about the SIX shaft :?:

can you compare it to any other top end shaft that you've tried :?

hackin jim
1st July 2004, 04:47 PM
can you tell me a little more about the SIX shaft

can you compare it to any other top end shaft that you've tried

Specs for the SIX are 54g, 4.6° torque and high kick. In terms of comparison I had an IverX in my TP and 540XD and whilst it performed well the feedback was not great, too boardy for me. This SIX is great. Lightweight, very lively shaft that encourages increased swing speed. Concerns about the high torque were quickly dispelled as the dispersion with this combo was tight. :smt023

Iain
1st July 2004, 05:12 PM
Jarro
There was absolutely no need to re-post jim's entire review. Just totally uncalled for ! :evil:

:roll: :smt010 :smt116

Jarro
1st July 2004, 05:50 PM
Jarro
There was absolutely no need to re-post jim's entire review. Just totally uncalled for ! :evil:

mate this is where the Ho's live .... if you don't like the way we play..

..you know what you can do :P :wink:

AndyP
2nd July 2004, 06:20 PM
Jarro

mate this is where the Ho's live .... if you don't like the way we play..

..you know what you can do :P :wink:

New site: www.antihogolf.net :P

Jono
2nd July 2004, 09:45 PM
Jarro,

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1515&item=3684914953&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1515&item=3684914795&rd=1

Go on ... You know you want it ... :twisted:

Jarro
3rd July 2004, 11:18 AM
yeah thanks Jono :wink: i'd already seen those mate.

don't know about those crappy M.A.S. shafts though :-k i think if i was gonna take the plunge i'd probably gun for the TP version with the Fuji Speeder in it :smt023

so guys (Nudgee, Gaz, Trung) could you guys give us a quick review of the R7 :?: .... comparing it to your previous driver(s) :smt003

jaster
3rd July 2004, 12:48 PM
I think you guys are underestimating the MAS shaft...it's a fuji :)

Get your a$$ up the range to City GC again Jarro, the PRO shop has an R7 Demo in stock 8)

Jarro
3rd July 2004, 12:52 PM
I think you guys are underestimating the MAS shaft...it's a fuji :)

Get your a$$ up the range to City GC again Jarro, the PRO shop has an R7 Demo in stock 8)

yeah sorry Jaster, that didn't come out quite right :?

I know the newer M.A.S. shafts are given a pretty good rap, but you could hardly put them in the same class as a Mitsubishi Rayon or a Fujikura Speeder could you :wink:

I fully intend to hit an R7 demo A.S.A.P.

jaster
3rd July 2004, 01:00 PM
Don't worry about the shaft too much mate, that's what the marketing officers at Fuji, Grafalloy and UST etc want us to do :x
What are you doing next Friday? $15 Friday challenge on again at City GC ;)

Jarro
3rd July 2004, 01:04 PM
What are you doing next Friday? $15 Friday challenge on again at City GC ;)

sounds good :wink:

why don't you put a thread up in the 1st Tee section :?

i'll have to check my calendar mate, playing quite a bit these holidays .... i'm not sure what i've got coming up next :roll:

jaster
3rd July 2004, 07:04 PM
New R7 TP with Fuji 757 - Cheap

I wanted mine early and ended up with 2 both 9.5 with stiff Fuji 757, headcover and all weight ports - still in plastic retail is $799US plus tax but for GO first $749US shipped takes it!! - this cheaper than Ebay or at your local store

This is for you Jarro ;) Bloody cheap!! :shock:

jaster
3rd July 2004, 07:06 PM
I have two of these showing up Monday. 9.5 loft with the STIFF 757 TP Speeder Shaft.

I am selling each for $650.00. Which includes the club (new in plastic), Head cover, weight set that you get with the Retail R7 TP and UPS Insured ground delivery. If you prefer expidited delivery you will pay the difference.

NO TRADES. NO TRADES.

NO HAGGLING PRICE.

This is well below what you would pay in a store by $150 plus tax without some sort of special hook up

First two confirmed PM's will get the clubs. I will update the post when they are sold so there is no need to ask me if they are spoken for.

Pay pal craig@natlbizequip.com

If you need any info on the club you can check my post in Domestic Retail which was done this week. I am playing the club now and it is nice and in my opinion better than the R510TP because of all the weighting changes you can make.

Thanks.

CB

Even cheaper!!

Jarro
4th July 2004, 06:21 AM
thanks chief..i'll get on it right away :D

nudgee
6th July 2004, 05:45 PM
Jarro the TPs are in $$$USD - mate just take mine for a while - I am loving the Tour Concept right now and I will be more than happy for you to use the R7 for a while. Give me a call brother :wink:

jaster
6th July 2004, 06:09 PM
Hard to beat that offer Jarro ;)

jaster
6th July 2004, 06:12 PM
Jarro the TPs are in $$$USD - mate just take mine for a while - I am loving the Tour Concept right now and I will be more than happy for you to use the R7 for a while. Give me a call brother :wink:

Still cheap in US dollars mate ;)

nudgee
6th July 2004, 06:18 PM
Great price on the TPs - absolutely mate and if I wasnt crunching the Tour Concept beast at the moment, I would seriously be thinking about one (if not had purchased one already after the freaking disspointment of the R7 Tour!!!)

How are you going with your quest to replace 690 MBs with more durable irons??

J

jaster
6th July 2004, 06:28 PM
Great price on the TPs - absolutely mate and if I wasnt crunching the Tour Concept beast at the moment, I would seriously be thinking about one (if not had purchased one already after the freaking disspointment of the R7 Tour!!!)

How are you going with your quest to replace 690 MBs with more durable irons??

J

Let's just say there could be something arriving very soon ;) I won't say anything yet..we'll just leave it at that for now 8)

terryand
6th July 2004, 07:01 PM
Let's just say there could be something arriving very soon I won't say anything yet..we'll just leave it at that for now

Come on boys lets run a book and guess what jaster is up too :smt017

Sorry Goughy for obvious reason you are excluded :smt112

After talking to the man himself several time in the past months,I'd have to say the front runner has to be Wilson Fat Shafts :-k

And if I read between the lines wrong,maybe the player in the avatar might be a give away :smt102

Terry.

goughy
6th July 2004, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't know anything about what he might be doing terry. :wink:

And I don't think he'd like the fat shafts. I reckon he's gonna get a set of wilson 1200's. :shock:

Jarro
6th July 2004, 08:59 PM
And I don't think he'd like the fat shafts. I reckon he's gonna get a set of wilson 1200's. :shock:

hey..i used to have a set of those irons ..... :smt078

Jarro
6th July 2004, 09:01 PM

thanks heaps mate :D

i'll talk to you about it at Windaroo Saturday :wink:

prmeier
6th July 2004, 09:14 PM
Holy crap Nudgee :shock: .

Any other surplus clubs you would like to pass around :lol: 8) .

AndyP
6th July 2004, 09:16 PM

Secret Society, hush, hush. ;)

Jarro
6th July 2004, 09:34 PM

:wink:

AndyP
7th July 2004, 07:34 AM

:wink:
:wink: :wink:

Jarro
7th July 2004, 07:38 AM
AndyP...

..i assure you there is no "secret society" operating undercover here ...

.. just some golf 'ho's looking to play as much as they can :D

now hurry up and get your arse back here to Brissy so you can be a part of it :wink:

AndyP
7th July 2004, 07:49 AM
now hurry up and get your bum back here to Brissy so you can be a part of it :wink:
You would like to induct me into the secret society? :D :wink:
Once I am back, I would be back to normal working hours anyway. So only weekend golf.

Iain
7th July 2004, 09:08 AM
Jarro the TPs are in $$$USD - mate just take mine for a while - I am loving the Tour Concept right now and I will be more than happy for you to use the R7 for a while. Give me a call brother
Geez Nudgee, what an offer that is!!!! :shock: :shock:
If he turns it down, I'll take it!!! :lol: :lol:

BTW I know what the new irons for Jaster are going to be! 8)

Jarro
7th July 2004, 11:31 AM

Hey.. back off big fella :P It's mine i tells ya :wink:

Know anyone who wants to buy a 300Tour :lol:

P.S. I know what irons Jaster is getting too :wink:

jaster
7th July 2004, 01:04 PM

Hey.. back off big fella :P It's mine i tells ya :wink:

Know anyone who wants to buy a 300Tour :lol:

P.S. I know what irons Jaster is getting too :wink:

Shadduppp.....if you tell anyone you are out of the Stonecutte.....I mean....err....nothing :wink:

nick
7th July 2004, 05:42 PM
I think everyone knows what irons Jaster is getting;).

Nick

AndyP
7th July 2004, 05:51 PM
I think everyone knows what irons Jaster is getting;).

Not me.
Not that it would mean much to me anyway.

BrisVegas
8th July 2004, 09:03 AM
had a quick bash with another R7 yesterday at lunch (at Vic Park driving range). I didn't like this one much, as all I could hit were girlie squirts with it. I managed one draw, but that was by exaggerating a hook swing. I took it back and he told me it was set up for "a little fade", whatever that means :? . Sure didn't feel as nice as the other one I tried which was set for a draw.

I also tried a TM 540XD and flat out crushed it. :twisted: Are they a hot face driver or something? Sure felt pretty special. Left my old girl in the weeds. :oops:

Fishman Dan
8th July 2004, 09:24 AM
I took it back and he told me it was set up for "a little fade", whatever that means :? . Sure didn't feel as nice as the other one I tried which was set for a draw.

They won't leave you alone with the torque-screwdriver and the 'decoder' wheel to try different set ups yourself?

At the launch we had free-reign to chop and change, though mind you i flushed my best drive when it set up for a 'High-neutral'.

goughy
8th July 2004, 03:10 PM
I also tried a TM 540XD and flat out crushed it. :twisted: Are they a hot face driver or something? Sure felt pretty special. Left my old girl in the weeds. :oops:

There are tons of xd drivers which are r & a conforming but not usga. Most of the ones I see in the stores are .86 cor (including most of the r7's).

Fishman Dan
8th July 2004, 03:33 PM
There are tons of xd drivers which are r & a conforming but not usga. Most of the ones I see in the stores are .86 cor (including most of the r7's).

There are two faces on the R7's;

One says 'MAX' on the face, i think this is the Hi-CoR face? Locally available. The other one i have forgotten, perhaps just has 'R7' or something..

Crikey, how do i remember this crap?

Jarro
8th July 2004, 03:39 PM
There are two faces on the R7's;

One says 'MAX' on the face, i think this is the Hi-CoR face? Locally available. The other one i have forgotten, perhaps just has 'R7' or something..

Crikey, how do i remember this crap?

very impressive Dan :wink:

I think the conforming version has " Titanium" written on the toe, where the non-conforming version has the "Max" written there .. just as our able bodied reporter "scaly-dan" has already told us 8)

burger
8th July 2004, 03:43 PM
One says 'MAX' on the face, i think this is the Hi-CoR face? Locally available. The other one i have forgotten, perhaps just has 'R7' or something..?fishy is right the ones with MAX are hiCOR and R7 for LoCor.
I remember the TM guy saying they had wanted to use R & A for the HiCor and USGA for LoCor. They weren't allowed cos R&A and USGA didnt want to be 'seen' to be supporting a product.
TM guy also said unless the dealers specifically ordered HiCor they would receive LoCor.

Crikey, how do i remember this crap?Mate, well I got the same problem then . .

Fishman Dan
8th July 2004, 03:59 PM
...they had wanted to use R & A for the HiCor and USGA for LoCor. They weren't allowed cos R&A and USGA didnt want to be 'seen' to be supporting a product.

TM guy also said unless the dealers specifically ordered HiCor they would receive LoCor.

Ok, i wasn't paying that much attention... after all i just wanted to get out there and smack a few of these naughty boys ;) \:D/ :smt118

nudgee
8th July 2004, 04:12 PM
The Hi Cor version is a Japan only club and it has Max on top left hand corner of face - my first R7 was a max (now Gazgolfs) the conforming version has R7 on the left hand side (top).

I have hit both and perhaps the non conforming version is a bit "louder" and doesnt feel as solid as the conforming version - must be the "thin" face.

Jarro the one you will be using from Saturday is the conforming R7 version.

Jarro
8th July 2004, 04:36 PM
Jarro the one you will be using from Saturday is the conforming R7 version.

\:D/ :smt003 :smt038 :smt023

McMw
8th July 2004, 11:51 PM

haven't paid much attn to the XDs - are the non-conforming versions available in Aus, and does it have the grooveless centre???

goughy
9th July 2004, 06:52 AM
Yup and Yup. :D

burger
9th July 2004, 09:09 AM
i just wanted to get out there and smack a few of these naughty boys
:shock: :oops: [-X

Jarro
9th July 2004, 09:36 AM
Ok, i wasn't paying that much attention... after all i just wanted to get out there and smack a few of these naughty boys ;) \:D/ :smt118

spoken like a true 'ho :P :lol:

Golfgirl
10th July 2004, 11:17 AM
well... the much anticipated TM stock finally arrived in our shop on Wednesday, including the Demo R7.... 8)

The boys have all had a bash with it now.... Matt has high enough swing speed to use this club well.... but said he prefers his 580XD.... Sean
(head pro) didn't get enough swing speed to get enough out of it.... Danny (trainee pro) couldn't get it out of the middle, and couldn't get it up in the air, even set to High neutral.... So it seems that this club is not gonna be suitable for every man and his dog.....

Still.... nice looking stuff, TM.... we got some new staff bags and stand bags.... they are so hot looking - even I am thinking of going over to TM stuff..... :wink:

Jarro
10th July 2004, 01:16 PM
Well my good mate Nudgee let me take his 9.5* R7 out for a blast at Windaroo this morning....he had the club set up as per my request (draw setting) and this is what the club did for me all round 8)

Bad shot with the driver for me are high, right ... but this beast just wanted to bomb 'em long and straight .... i'm sold :D

The club also feels so solid to hit... not tinny like some of these big-headed drivers can get.. just a really nice, solid feel and sound.

Had the stock M.A.S. 7 65 Stiff shaft in it, and this is where i thought i might get ripped off .... already having a Speeder 757 stiff in my 300Tour ... but i honestly believe that i didn't sacrifice any distance at all ... but picked up a lot more accuracy

Thanks again Nudgee .. i think i can safely say that this driver will soon be in my bag :wink: :smt023

Iain
10th July 2004, 01:21 PM
Well my good mate Nudgee let me take his 9.5* R7 out for a blast at Windaroo this morning....he had the club set up as per my request (draw setting) and this is what the club did for me all round 8)

Bad shot with the driver for me are high, right ... but this beast just wanted to bomb 'em long and straight .... i'm sold :D

The club also feels so solid to hit... not tinny like some of these big-headed drivers can get.. just a really nice, solid feel and sound.

Had the stock M.A.S. 7 65 Stiff shaft in it, and this is where i thought i might get ripped off .... already having a Speeder 757 stiff in my 300Tour ... but i honestly believe that i didn't sacrifice any distance at all ... but picked up a lot more accuracy

Thanks again Nudgee .. i think i can safely say that this driver will soon be in my bag :wink: :smt023
Is it a Retail version?? Not Tour?? Nudgee what's happening, you are slipping? [-X

Jarro, how closed is the face?? What did your bad shots do? Hook, High Right?

Iain

Jarro
10th July 2004, 01:29 PM
Is it a Retail version?? Not Tour?? Nudgee what's happening, you are slipping? [-X

Iain

Iain,

..Nudgees R7 is the retail version. Looks like it's about .5* closed .... not too much as to put you off when at address. I only hit a couple of bad shots with it today, and they were pulls where i felt myself coming right over the top. I think after i've had a bit of a muck around with the club, and learnt what it can do, i'll get the right swing on it and it should be a beaut :D

If the retail version goes this well, the Tour version that Nudgee is waiting for should be absolutely awesome :!: :shock:

Iain, you gotta get one of these :wink:

Iain
10th July 2004, 01:49 PM

Iain

Iain,

..Nudgees R7 is the retail version. Looks like it's about .5* closed .... not too much as to put you off when at address. I only hit a couple of bad shots with it today, and they were pulls where i felt myself coming right over the top. I think after i've had a bit of a muck around with the club, and learnt what it can do, i'll get the right swing on it and it should be a beaut :D

If the retail version goes this well, the Tour version that Nudgee is waiting for should be absolutely awesome :!: :shock:

Iain, you gotta get one of these :wink:

Sounds Good. Don't worry mate, I will, but I'm going to get the HCP Down first, and I've got to rebuild the points with the Mrs before I go making a big purchase again!!! :( :wink:

AndyP
10th July 2004, 10:44 PM
But jarro, I thought your bag was settled. :roll: :P

McMw
10th July 2004, 10:53 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40294000/jpg/_40294663_sergiogall.jpg

Jarro
11th July 2004, 06:41 AM
But jarro, I thought your bag was settled. :roll: :P

My carry-bag will never change, but the clubs inside it may from time to time :P :wink:

Trung
12th July 2004, 07:46 PM
My carry-bag will never change

DO i hear OGIO? :lol: :wink:

McMw
15th July 2004, 09:59 PM
http://tgcimages.mirror-image.net/images/photogallery/25138.jpg

McMw
19th July 2004, 10:14 AM
saw the max version yesterday...looks nice!!!

nick
19th July 2004, 11:36 AM
I noticed that even though Darren Clarke has been advertising the R7, he actually uses an R510DF!

Nick

Jarro
19th July 2004, 11:36 AM
interesting that Taylormade had a press conference with Darren Clarke and Mike Weir just before the Open ... where they were both saying how good the club was ....

.. yet last night i saw Darren Clarke's driver about 5 or 6 times.... and it was his TP :smt017

Fishman Dan
19th July 2004, 11:46 AM
.. yet last night i saw Darren Clarke's driver about 5 or 6 times.... and it was his TP :smt017

Never let the truth get in the way of a good marketing campaign ;)

McMw
19th July 2004, 01:13 PM
who's to say Clarke didn't go back to his old driver in R4...
maybe that's why he had a good run back!!! :lol:

Todd Who didn't even have the R7 in his bag, and he has the logo on his cap...

if anything he was using the old 500series (not the XDs)...
Couldn't really tell, as he didn't use the driver at all during the back nine!!! and only the once on the 2nd playoff hole!!!

nick
19th July 2004, 03:40 PM
Todd Hamilton uses an R510DF (TP).

Nick

Jarro
19th July 2004, 03:49 PM

Nick

that's funny.. i could've sworn i saw a R7 headcover in his bag :?

nick
19th July 2004, 03:53 PM
Taylormade do that so everyone will watch the Open, see all the players with an R7 headcover and go out and buy one.

VJ uses an R7 but he has a Cleveland headcover cause he is sponsored by Cleveland, same thing with Steve Flesh, it happens a lot.

Nick

AndyP
19th July 2004, 03:55 PM
Never used a headcover from another club before, jarro? :wink:

Jarro
19th July 2004, 04:03 PM
Never used a headcover from another club before, jarro? :wink:

no.

McMw
19th July 2004, 04:21 PM

Nick

Nah jarro – defn not the R7…trust me!!! I was watching closely to see what driver he was using!!! :lol:
Defn look like the TP headcover (I thought it was XD h/cover at one stage)…

Levet has the R7 in the bag, and he’s not sponsored with TM, and looked like Goggin had a TM something as well!!!