PDA

View Full Version : Iron shafts suggestions?

davepuppies
10th September 2013, 06:08 AM
I am going to get fitted for a set of 714 ap2 when they are released here.

I was hoping to get some suggestions on shafts to try....

Ideally I want a high flight with my long and mid irons....... With low spin.

Thinking project x flighted. I have the standard 5.5 in my current ap2.

Anything else I should consider?

Cheers

Captain Nemo
10th September 2013, 06:42 AM
I think you just answered your own question?
:smt102

freddy a
10th September 2013, 07:37 AM
Nippon Modus3 120

androooo
10th September 2013, 08:45 AM
Give R+ or maybe S in KBS C-tapers a go.

I get the exact flight you're looking for.

mrbluu
10th September 2013, 09:30 AM
Get the c-tapers mate so I can call dibs 8-)

Pirelli
10th September 2013, 02:31 PM
PX flighted will lower the flight with the short irons so probably not what you're after. PXi would be worth a shot though.

JADO75
10th September 2013, 02:46 PM
Combo of flighted & non flighted? If not get on the Modus train

simmsy
10th September 2013, 02:47 PM
i love my modus but get a higher ball flight with kbs

3oneday
10th September 2013, 02:47 PM
Tour concept?

rubin
10th September 2013, 02:51 PM
PX flighted will lower the flight with the short irons so probably not what you're after. PXi would be worth a shot though.

Without a shadow of a doubt, go the PXi. For the first time in a long time, i'm getting a nice high ball flight with my long irons, and bugger all spin (in comparison to KBS previously). With the shorter irons, they are no higher (for the most part) than my long irons, but have enough to spin to hop and stop

live4golf
10th September 2013, 02:56 PM
Hickory

Steve
10th September 2013, 03:29 PM
DG tour issue ?

Trento
12th September 2013, 08:10 PM
Your getting fitted, right?
Then let the fitter do his job, he will tell you the shaft you need.

davepuppies
12th September 2013, 08:33 PM
Yes I am getting fitted, however I want to go into the fitting with a few ideas, and see if they match with the data from the fitting.

But thank you for your insightful helpful post.

mrbluu
12th September 2013, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=davepuppies;1012278]Yes I am getting fitted, however I want to go into the fitting with a few ideas, and see if they match with the data from the fitting.

But thank you for your insightful helpful post.[/Qc-tapers Remeber to get the c-tapers r+ with 2 wraps ;-)

aym
12th September 2013, 09:55 PM
Nippons are real smooth if you like that feeling

virge666
12th September 2013, 10:06 PM
Give R+ or maybe S in KBS C-tapers a go.

I get the exact flight you're looking for.

This !!!

If you want a bit higher - go for the KBS Tour in R+. But with your forearms - you could probably make S work in either too. Just depends on how high you want it.

I have not seen your swing for a while - I reckon KBS in stiff is a good start. Or a project X 6.0 flighted. I have C Taper in R+ in a set of mizuno that you are welcome to try.

davepuppies
13th September 2013, 07:24 AM
This !!!

If you want a bit higher - go for the KBS Tour in R+. But with your forearms - you could probably make S work in either too. Just depends on how high you want it.

I have not seen your swing for a while - I reckon KBS in stiff is a good start. Or a project X 6.0 flighted. I have C Taper in R+ in a set of mizuno that you are welcome to try.

Hi mate,

Yep that might be the go.

I am overseas for a month, but when I get back let's hook up for a range session when I get back?

virge666
13th September 2013, 11:08 AM
Hi mate,

Yep that might be the go.

I am overseas for a month, but when I get back let's hook up for a range session when I get back?

Will be good to catch up. Haven't seen you since you went and got all domesticated.

:)

Steve
13th September 2013, 11:56 AM
I have just switched to C tapers S and have now been able to start to control the height of my iron shots.

before I had to get Air traffic approval prior to hitting anything below a 6 iron :o

davepuppies
13th September 2013, 12:25 PM
Will be good to catch up. Haven't seen you since you went and got all domesticated.

:)

It is looking likely we will move back to the beaches early next year.

If we do, I will probably join mona vale, so I am sure we will get plenty of chances to belt a little white thing and chase it!

davepuppies
13th September 2013, 12:26 PM
I have just switched to C tapers S and have now been able to start to control the height of my iron shots.

before I had to get Air traffic approval prior to hitting anything below a 6 iron :o

Might not be for me then....

My bad swing is the either come over the top, or slide into impact and smother it, or both...... Which gives me a low flight.

I don't mind hitting it high all the time if I can.

HCC
13th September 2013, 01:00 PM
Mate honestly I think you should look up Nippon 2F15. They are high low spin and long. My 5 iron goes as high as my 8iron. Huge arc drop dead awesome. When you are back ill send you a couple to try out.

davepuppies
13th September 2013, 03:17 PM
Mate honestly I think you should look up Nippon 2F15. They are high low spin and long. My 5 iron goes as high as my 8iron. Huge arc drop dead awesome. When you are back ill send you a couple to try out.

Cheers mate, I will have a look at them online.