PDA

View Full Version : I still flush my 1 iron

live4golf
6th September 2013, 09:48 AM
Due to popular demand, the thread of the year has been created. The statement for me is not true, but it is a cool title. Last time I flushed a 1 iron was when I was about 25 @ RAAF Kingswood. Smoked my King Cobra Greg Norman Grind 1 iron with FCM 6.0 shaft about 240m to within a couple of metres on a par-4 that has a downhill dog-leg left second shot...can't remember the hole number.

Are you a man and still use a 1 iron or are you a nancy and call 3 irons 'driving irons'?...or, like me, accepted the inevitable and just given up and gone to hybrids?

Ferrins
6th September 2013, 09:53 AM
Noddy!

mrbluu
6th September 2013, 10:35 AM
My mate pingzing (played the penriff ozgolf day) still has one and uses not about 4-5 times around. He is a flusher though.

Outcast
6th September 2013, 10:57 AM
Last time I flushed a 1 iron was when I was about 25 @ RAAF Kingswood. Smoked my King Cobra Greg Norman Grind 1 iron with FCM 6.0 shaft

Surely it would have been hickory in those days?

GuyIncognito
6th September 2013, 11:18 AM
have a ping isi-k 3i that has been bent to 18 deg that gets use every round, close enough?

davepuppies
6th September 2013, 07:19 PM
Haven't used one for a few years, but used to hit my DCI one iron pretty well off the tee, but couldn't hit it off the deck.

Now I carry 5 wood, then 3 iron

liptout
8th September 2013, 07:57 PM
Well not a 1 iron, but got a 2 iron I use and flush it just about EVERY SINGLE TIME!!

Does that count??

(should i mention that it's only got a 9 iron shaft in it, that's why it's so frigin easy to hit??)

davepuppies
10th September 2013, 06:10 AM
Well not a 1 iron, but got a 2 iron I use and flush it just about EVERY SINGLE TIME!!

Does that count??

(should i mention that it's only got a 9 iron shaft in it, that's why it's so frigin easy to hit??)

You should also mention your exceptional talent...... Ready for the PGA tour in my book.....

Marto65
10th September 2013, 06:31 AM
I have been shuffling a 1 and 2 iron in and out of the bag for the last 6 months, until I got some Titleist Hybrids. The 21 deg is now the best club in my bag.

liptout
10th September 2013, 08:19 AM
You should also mention your exceptional talent...... Ready for the PGA tour in my book.....

oh, also forgot to mention that i mainly only use it these days to skunk my way out of the trees and bushes.......

bit hard not to flush it when you've only got a 2ft backswing!! ;)

matty
10th September 2013, 08:52 AM
I've seen this in action. A little weapon.

live4golf
10th September 2013, 01:26 PM
I've seen this in action. A little weapon.

I hit it at Toukley...goes OK. Shame it still has grooves though

liptout
10th September 2013, 05:35 PM
I hit it at Toukley...goes OK. Shame it still has grooves though

:D

Contemplating getting rid of them, giving it some serious thought!! ;)

liptout
10th September 2013, 06:06 PM
:D

Contemplating getting rid of them, giving it some serious thought!! ;)

The grooves that is, not the clubs........ :)

golf2013
14th September 2013, 09:28 PM
If i could find of the original callaway big bertha one irons i would put it in the bag they were great in the day

LeftyHoges
14th September 2013, 09:45 PM
The one iron still gets into my bag occasionally. It's not THAT hard to hit, really.

I remember absolutely flushing it in a Holden scramble from about 180m out into a 40-50 km/h wind, to 8 feet. We all missed the putt. :-(