PDA

View Full Version : My W/E Comp

McMw
30th June 2004, 10:45 PM
It's the Club Open starting this Friday, and I had a look at the draw before I went out for a hit this evening...

7.30 am tee off
Playing with Ctry's Best Player, Club's Lowest Hcp Player, and Leader after 36 holes last year (before he choked it in)...
Combined, their hcp comes to 4 (0/2/2)

No Pressure at all... :oops: :roll:

Think I'm gonna enjoy it... :D
Normally, I would be terrified, but I think I might be able to play decent golf, and hopefully post a decent score...just have to worry abt my own game, and I'm sure all the short game practice will give me some confidence... :wink:

Just don't really expect a lot of talking in this group!!! :lol:

Jarro
1st July 2004, 06:38 AM
WOW :shock:

well good luck Mau, if it was me i'd be shitting bricks playing with guys that good :( but sometimes you can use it to your advantage and actually get "dragged" along by their good play 8)

Good luck mate :!:

P.S. don't forget to give us their WITB when you're done :wink:

jaster
1st July 2004, 07:16 AM
Good luck Mau!!

hackin jim
1st July 2004, 07:42 AM
Mau, hopefully their good play will be infectious.

I love any opportunity to play with really good players. Played a couple of weeks ago at Maquarie Links here in Syd with an assistant pro from another Syd club and it was great. The guy was -4 through 7 before the 3-4 club "breeze" blew up. He still managed to hold it together for +2 after 18 and was awesome to watch. His form rubbed off a little as well...I was stoked with my +4 to handicap given the conditions and being the first time playing the course. :D

terryand
1st July 2004, 07:45 AM
Mau, I found whenever I played with a group of gun players,I tended to lift my game and get dragged along with them,you'l love it, have fun.

Terry.

Flowergirl
1st July 2004, 10:01 AM
Best of luck to you.
Here's a hug for good luck :smt056

McMw
1st July 2004, 11:03 AM
thanks FG, but I think I'm gonna need more than a hug to keep up with the fellas... :D

maybe I should watch more inspirational DVDs...
Been watching Miracle and The Rookie the past few night!!! :lol:

Forget Tin Cup!!! :lol:

Can't play this afternoon, as course is closed at 2pm for course preparation...so guess it's back to the chipping/putting green after work!!!

cheers... 8)

Fishman Dan
1st July 2004, 11:23 AM
Right idea, wrong movie. Either;

a) Be the ball. Keep this in your head.

or

b) Before teeing up on the first tee, bet your group that they slice their first shots. At least if you get them off their game early then you won't look bad after all ;)

McMw
1st July 2004, 11:35 AM
:D

just had a read of the local paper...

http://www.brudirect.com/DailyInfo/News/Archive/July04/010704/nite34.htm

Those 3 mentioned from PMGC, combined hcp of 4
Those 3 mentioned from PGC, combined hcp of 15

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and yup - that's mum!!! 8)

amanda
1st July 2004, 12:27 PM
Mau - what's your mum's handicap?

Onewood
1st July 2004, 12:54 PM
Mau, good luck 8) But you're an old fox :wink: I'm more interested in the KID :D keep me posted :)

McMw
1st July 2004, 01:06 PM
amanda - mum's off 8 atm...

onewood - I'll keep an eye on the Kid for you...he's in the flight behind me...so I'm sure he'll enjoy the debacle!!! 8)

McMw
2nd July 2004, 05:56 PM
gonna need a BLOODY MIRACLE tomorrow afternoon to make it into the top 36 for Sunday...

had a lovely 87 this morning, inc 3 lost balls into the drink, and going into the drink 5 times!!!

greens were fast, but I only 3putted once - missed a oneandahalffooter for bogey - didn't care...

after a birdie-par start, I was raring to go...
then I got a plugged lie on the 12th for a double, bogey on 13, triple on 14...I was on the edge...
got a great drive away on the 15th, only to discover later that it went on too far into the hazard...threw in the towel after that... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Onewood
2nd July 2004, 05:58 PM
How did my boy GO :D :wink:

McMw
2nd July 2004, 06:00 PM
shot an 82 with 2 OOBs...

so he's got me on D1...gonna have to salvage some sort of pride back tomorrow... :lol:

Onewood
2nd July 2004, 06:03 PM
shot an 82 with 2 OOBs...

so he's got me on D1...gonna have to salvage some sort of pride back tomorrow... :lol:

good luck :D

What happened today :roll: how did the group go?

sometimes they drag you along :P

McMw
2nd July 2004, 06:06 PM
my group went 85 87 88 89
so it wasn't the grouping to follow that's for sure...

don't know what's wrong...too tentative I think...
I wouldn't have thought so after stiffing a 7iron to abt 4 ft on the first... :roll:
so, it's all guns blazing tomorrow...if I'm gonna go down, I'm going down with EVERYTHING!!! 8)

Onewood
2nd July 2004, 06:10 PM
good attitude :D again good luck....and get rid of that crew :lol: you played with today :wink:

McMw
3rd July 2004, 09:37 PM
well....my 167 got me into tomorrow's round... :oops:
170 and ties are bring the field in...

so...forget Top 10, I'm trying to somehow play better to get into the Top24 to get a qualifier price...

Not sure what my standing is atm, but if I'm not too far off, Top 10 will be my goal!!!

Kid's on 166, so I'm gonna get him tomorrow!!! 8)

Golfgirl
4th July 2004, 11:01 AM
Kid's on 166, so I'm gonna get him tomorrow!!!

You go get him Mau!!! :wink:

Onewood
4th July 2004, 06:04 PM
well....my 167 got me into tomorrow's round... :oops:
170 and ties are bring the field in...

so...forget Top 10, I'm trying to somehow play better to get into the Top24 to get a qualifier price...

Not sure what my standing is atm, but if I'm not too far off, Top 10 will be my goal!!!

Kid's on 166, so I'm gonna get him tomorrow!!! 8)

Sorry Mau...my boy's gotcha :wink:

now be honest with the final scores please :D

McMw
5th July 2004, 12:02 AM
ouch...kid got me by one shot...
we both had 82s today... :oops: :oops:

wat a @#$%ing emberassment... :x
sliced OOBs on the first hole, how much worse could it get... :roll:

anyway...I'll chalk it down as a bad experience...
in the 6mths of golf I've had this year, I've never had as many lipouts as I've had in the past three days - heaps of bad breaks, and just gave up too easily mentally... :roll:

my swing left me...either that or I was just too tentative and didn't trust it... :? :? :?

work schedule this week has me busy - which would be good layoff from the golf...hopefully will be ready by the time the next comp rolls around... :D