PDA

View Full Version : strong lofts

Kenny Powers
1st September 2013, 07:18 AM
ok so iv been playing these irons for around a 8 months now, i did my research on these before i bought them thinking the lofts were standard just recently i got my self new wedges 52,56,60 to fit my PW loft that according to nike was 47degrees. Since i got my new wedge set i have really noticed the gap between my 52 and pw which i got checked yesterday and its true loft is 43 degrees, so now im pretty peeved off cause that leaves me with a pretty big gap 9 degrees to be exact and the fact that nike has claimed it to be 47degrees which im calling false advertisement. im thinking i could get rid of the irons (which i feel like doing out of spite) or just get another wedge to fill the gap. well thats my rant out of the way.

has anyone else had simillar problems?

Shane788
1st September 2013, 07:28 AM
What model irons are these bopa?

Kenny Powers
1st September 2013, 07:57 AM
they are vr pro cavity 4-pw
http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikegolf/en_AU/products/details?sku=GI7382

GSP
1st September 2013, 08:34 AM
Mate take em to a club fitter and have them bent to the correct loft. The bounce of the sole will probably improve and you won't waste money buying a new set.

Courty
1st September 2013, 08:47 AM
That link says the PW should be 45 degrees. In any case, forged clubs can get bent out of their true lofts and lie angles over time. It pays to get them checked every once in a while.

Kenny Powers
1st September 2013, 09:04 AM
really im seeing 47 degrees and the nine iron is 43 in the third column, yea im thinking about getting them bent.

markTHEblake
1st September 2013, 09:05 AM
Don't forget, equidistant gaps between clubs is from both loft and length. If your PW and 52 are same length then you might want a bigger loft gap than 4 deg.

Daves
1st September 2013, 09:07 AM
That link says the PW should be 45 degrees. In any case, forged clubs can get bent out of their true lofts and lie angles over time. It pays to get them checked every once in a while.

??

When I read the link I read 47*, and not forged?

GSP
1st September 2013, 09:12 AM
The pro cavity are the non forged forgiving model ay? Get the TW blades, they look good!

990B Luva
1st September 2013, 09:22 AM
The pro cavity are the non forged forgiving model ay? Get the TW blades, they look good! Look good, yes. Easy to hit? Hell no. I wouldn't recommend the TW blades to anyone who cannot consistently strike the ball.

Courty
1st September 2013, 09:30 AM
This is what I'm getting (mobile site)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/01/nujereqa.jpg

benno_r
1st September 2013, 10:02 AM
Their website is wrong, it is giving the details for the Vr split cavity combo...

Stupid Nike!

Kenny Powers
1st September 2013, 12:02 PM
Yeah the site reads 47 for the pw then 42 for the 9 that's for the vr pro cavity. The other models I'm not sure as far as the tw blades I wish I could play them but that's to much club for me at the moment. So I'm still not to sure what to do. Any ideas ?

GSP
1st September 2013, 01:34 PM
Yep blades are hard. Depends where you want your golf game to go I suppose

Club fitter will put you on the right track. Who's to say your gap wedge's loft is correct too?

wizard_of_oz
1st September 2013, 02:31 PM
The length of the wedges make a big difference too. My Rocketbladez 55 sand wedge is going about 10 metres more than my 54 degree CG16 because of the shaft length.

Kenny Powers
1st September 2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah I'll be able to get an answer from him just wanted to know what everyone thought. At the end of the day I guess I wouldn't hate the fact having to buy a new club lol

KristianJ
1st September 2013, 02:48 PM
Their website is wrong, it is giving the details for the Vr split cavity combo...Stupid Nike! The header is wrong...VR Split Cavs have weaker lofts than that. I would assume that the VR Pro Cavity would have to be a 45* PW...they don't look shovelly enough for it to be 43*

Kenny Powers
1st September 2013, 02:57 PM
Wiz I agree I love my short game so this is really frustrating. I guess I could look at a longer shaft.

Kris I thought at the most my pw would be 45 but the loft machine reads it at 43.

KristianJ
1st September 2013, 03:04 PM
Have you had the rest of the set checked or just the PW?

Kenny Powers
1st September 2013, 03:07 PM
Pw and the 9. I can't remember what the 9 was but it was a club strong maybe about 38 or 39

KristianJ
1st September 2013, 03:16 PM
Sounds like if there was a previous owner, they've had them bent 2* stronger. Based on the following site, the numbers on the Nike site are right...

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/nike-mens-vr-pro-cavity-irons---steel-4-aw/vrprocavityst4aw/product

Get the rest of the lofts checked, and if the numbers are all 2* or so stronger there's the option of dropping the 4 iron and getting a 48* wedge to fill that 9* gap.

Kenny Powers
1st September 2013, 03:28 PM
Got them new from A Nike store. I guess I can just fill the gap I only play 12 clubs

wizard_of_oz
1st September 2013, 04:09 PM
Can't have too many wedges :) Get a gap wedge for the gap wedge and enjoy!

Kenny Powers
1st September 2013, 04:29 PM
Lol I agree thanks wiz

Pirelli
1st September 2013, 05:51 PM
I'd get the lofts fixed so they have enough bounce.

Kenny Powers
1st September 2013, 05:58 PM
I'm still considering that Pirelli because I have a tendency of swinging steep and taking deep divots. It's just frustrating and annoying to find out after I setup my wedges because I trusted the site.