PDA

View Full Version : Champs Prizes . . .

virge666
30th August 2013, 07:56 AM
Gents,

A suggestion for the champs prizes that we do a cash thing.

Last year, I did alright with a few vouchers that added up to a touch over $125 or something like that. Those vouchers when cashed into the resort got me a bowl of chips, 2 beers, one of the cheaper shirts and 3 2nd hand balls from the Pro Shop.

Can we do cash this year so the winner can spend it on hookers and blow ?

PeteyD
30th August 2013, 08:01 AM
It's not enough cash for that on the Goldie ... ;)

AndyP
30th August 2013, 08:22 AM
I was actually going to start a thread on this elsewhere, but since you've started one, I'll do it here.

I propose OZgolf Dollars that can be spent on the forum, particularly the Pro Shop.

virge666
30th August 2013, 08:39 AM
I was actually going to start a thread on this elsewhere, but since you've started one, I'll do it here.

I propose OZgolf Dollars that can be spent on the forum, particularly the Pro Shop.

Now that is a good idea - not sure of the logistics... but a damn good idea.

mrbluu
30th August 2013, 08:45 AM
Gents,

A suggestion for the champs prizes that we do a cash thing.

Last year, I did alright with a few vouchers that added up to a touch over $125 or something like that. Those vouchers when cashed into the resort got me a bowl of chips, 2 beers, one of the cheaper shirts and 3 2nd hand balls from the Pro Shop.

Now that is a good idea - not sure of the logistics... but a damn good idea.

As long as we can get blow and hookers in the proshop, I'm in!!!

virge666
30th August 2013, 08:51 AM
As long as we can get blow and hookers in the proshop, I'm in!!!

If any of the champs i have been to are any indication...

There will be lots of Hookers... just not the good ones.

Ferrins
30th August 2013, 09:24 AM
It's not enough cash for that on the Goldie ... ;) It's enough for two jugs.

Captain Nemo
30th August 2013, 10:42 AM
i have a contact on the Goldie.... ;)

virge666
30th August 2013, 10:57 AM
i have a contact on the Goldie.... ;)

Who you bunking with ?

Captain Nemo
30th August 2013, 11:16 AM
Who you bunking with ?
The missus.....
But I'm always up for anything!
;)

Captain Nemo
30th August 2013, 11:18 AM

That's a great idea Andy.
Seeing as though your collecting the $$ should be easy for you to PayPal or deposit $$ for guys who win and want to buy something in the pro shop?
If they want vouchers at the champs, so be it?

Lucasto23
30th August 2013, 11:29 AM
Great idea boys and with your thinking virge, wanna be bunk mates ;)

AndyP
30th August 2013, 11:58 AM
That's a great idea Andy.
Seeing as though your collecting the $$ should be easy for you to PayPal or deposit $$ for guys who win and want to buy something in the pro shop?
If they want vouchers at the champs, so be it?
Yes, OZgolf would hold the funds and pay it to the seller of the item when notified.

virge666
30th August 2013, 12:02 PM
Great idea boys and with your thinking virge, wanna be bunk mates ;)

Depends on how you look in a dress and how much blow you bring...

Captain Nemo
30th August 2013, 12:10 PM
Depends on how you look in a dress and how much blow you bring...

:mrgreen:

shazza_rs
30th August 2013, 01:18 PM
Yes, OZgolf would hold the funds and pay it to the seller of the item when notified.

All well and good if there is anything suitable for you in the proshop.

AndyP
30th August 2013, 01:37 PM
True. I'm sure we could make accommodations, if that was the case. There wouldn't be a time limit on the credit either unlike a pro shop voucher.

Lucasto23
30th August 2013, 02:50 PM
Depends on how you look in a dress and how much blow you bring... Well depends how much blow you have to how good I look in a dress. ;)

Monsta
30th August 2013, 03:07 PM
Well depends how much blow you have to how good I look in a dress. ;)

Dont put yorself down Lucas, you would look good in a dress (no homo, unless you're on the gay marriage thread, then yes homo)

Lucasto23
30th August 2013, 05:51 PM
Dont put yorself down Lucas, you would look good in a dress (no homo, unless you're on the gay marriage thread, then yes homo)

Thanks monster that means a lot cumming from you big bear ;)

shavey
31st August 2013, 09:13 AM
So are we thinking no money to go towards pro shop vouchers? Only reason I ask is that only this week I mentioned something to Palm Meadows that we could be doing it. No issues but wanted to be clear with him in advance.

BroKar
31st August 2013, 02:29 PM
CASH is best, if you win champs why would you change anything in your bag

damoocow
31st August 2013, 05:47 PM
Cash sounds good - then we can do the oversized cheque thing at presentation...

mrbluu
31st August 2013, 08:36 PM
CASH is best, if you win champs why would you change anything in your bag When was the last time an ozgolfer needed a reason to change their clubs.....

Ferrins
1st September 2013, 06:37 AM
2012 Champs bag: Driver gone, 3 wood gone, 5 wood gone, hybrid gone, irons gone, wedges gone, putter gone, golf bag gone, range finder gone and golf shoes gone. Driver that replaced it gone, 3 wood that replaced it gone, 5 wood that replaced it gone, hybrid that replaced it gone, irons that replaced them gone, wedges that replaced them gone, putter that replaced it gone, golf bag that replaced it gone, range finder that replaced it gone and golf shoes that replaced them gone. :)

Daves
1st September 2013, 07:29 AM
2012 Champs bag: Driver gone, 3 wood gone, 5 wood gone, hybrid gone, irons gone, wedges gone, putter gone, golf bag gone, range finder gone and golf shoes gone. Driver that replaced it gone, 3 wood that replaced it gone, 5 wood that replaced it gone, hybrid that replaced it gone, irons that replaced them gone, wedges that replaced them gone, putter that replaced it gone, golf bag that replaced it gone, range finder that replaced it gone and golf shoes that replaced them gone. :)

You forgot to say short game gawwn!

Ferrins
1st September 2013, 08:04 AM
And handicap.

virge666
1st September 2013, 10:31 AM
So are we thinking no money to go towards pro shop vouchers? Only reason I ask is that only this week I mentioned something to Palm Meadows that we could be doing it. No issues but wanted to be clear with him in advance.

Definitely not.

popper81
1st September 2013, 06:07 PM

Boys, here is a few tips... Watch from the 1:27minute mark. Essential if you have never been to the Goldie before.

http://youtu.be/ICsOAo2Ekkg

IamViva
1st September 2013, 06:12 PM
Boys, here is a few tips... Watch from the 1:27minute mark. Essential if you have never been to the Goldie before.

http://youtu.be/ICsOAo2Ekkg

seems like a waste of good blow.

AndyP
11th September 2013, 02:50 PM
If you pay straight cash as prizes, then the winner will be pressured to shout the bar and end up with less money than 2nd.

virge666
11th September 2013, 02:54 PM
If you pay straight cash as prizes, then the winner will be pressured to shout the bar and end up with less money than 2nd.

Then both 1st and 2nd should be pressured in.

damoocow
11th September 2013, 03:48 PM

Fair point - are there any national golf chains we can give vouchers to, so interstate winners can still use them if they win ?

Grunt
11th September 2013, 06:46 PM
I think we all remember the non shout incident at a previous champs too. :(

goughy
11th September 2013, 07:30 PM
So we all agree before the event, that prize winners are not permitted to use winnings to shout at the bar.

timah!
11th September 2013, 07:36 PM
Just make up some blank massive winners 'cheques' and deposit it into their accounts a few days after?

KristianJ
11th September 2013, 08:05 PM
So we all agree before the event, that prize winners are not permitted to use winnings to shout at the bar.

Sounds reasonable. Or that they are not obliged to use them to shout...

shazza_rs
11th September 2013, 08:39 PM
I found the "compulsory" shout pretty unfair truth be told. It only seemed to affect the Saturday winner as everyone pissed off after the Sunday round so the same shout wasn't expected of the Sunday winner.

damoocow
11th September 2013, 08:41 PM
I found the "compulsory" shout pretty unfair truth be told. It only seemed to affect the Saturday winner as everyone pissed off after the Sunday round so the same shout wasn't expected of the Sunday winner.

I agree 100%

virge666
11th September 2013, 08:58 PM
I like Ozgolf Vouchers...

or just PayPAL vouchers so even the non golf fraternity can be bought with them

AndyP
11th September 2013, 09:04 PM
PayPal vouchers isn't a bad idea. I don't like the idea of carrying a wad of cash to the event, so both of the above suit me.

golfbound
11th September 2013, 09:10 PM
Just make up some blank massive winners 'cheques' and deposit it into their accounts a few days after?

This is a good idea I may be able to make something up

goughy
11th September 2013, 10:41 PM
Fake winners cheques/vouchers and sort out it's transfer later. But right now I say we all agree that none of us will accept a 'shout at the bar' from any winner.

PeteyD
12th September 2013, 06:40 AM
The bar shout thing was for the optional $10 in on the day, not really a champs prize thing, with an understanding of a shout for those that put the $10 in. Or so I thought.

Grunt
16th October 2013, 08:37 PM
The bar shout thing was for the optional $10 in on the day, not really a champs prize thing, with an understanding of a shout for those that put the $10 in. Or so I thought.
That is how I thought it was too.

Ferrins
22nd October 2013, 05:58 AM
Got two cigarette butts from John Daly for long drive perpetual trophies. "Smoked it". :)
Might mount a dildo while I'm at it for best club throw award.

Dotty
22nd October 2013, 06:06 AM
Either re-phrase the second sentence or 'Definitely no pics'.

Ferrins
22nd October 2013, 06:14 AM
Got an old tennis injury that restricts that but that's another story.

AndyP
12th November 2013, 08:40 PM
I don't know what the current prizes are from the prize money that has been paid (feel free to discuss this further), but OZgolf will give $300 separately to these.

The winner of the 10th Championships will receive 180 OZgolf dollars, the runner up will receive $90, and third will get $30.

OZgolf dollars can be used for:

Transactions in the Pro Shop forum area (money to be paid to the seller)
OZgolf Merchandise
Donation to an OZgolf chosen charity, such as, Beyond Blue or Toowoomba Hospital
Payments for Champs events. For example, it could be paid towards the upcoming Vic Champs.

Ferrins
12th November 2013, 08:43 PM
Well done.

Daves
12th November 2013, 09:24 PM
Well done.

Steve57
12th November 2013, 09:41 PM
x 2x 3 Good job AndyP and Ozgolf.

Dcanto
12th November 2013, 09:53 PM
Many thanks Andy.

Lucasto23
12th November 2013, 09:59 PM
Great work Andy

shavey
12th November 2013, 11:46 PM
After much talk and no action, I've decided to allocate the prize money like last year however we'll do so in cash instead of Palm Meadows vouchers. This will complement what AP has organised on behalf of the site.

Lagerlover
17th November 2013, 06:04 PM
The winner of the 10th Championships will receive 180 OZgolf dollars

OZgolf dollars can be used for:

Transactions in the Pro Shop forum area (money to be paid to the seller)

Start listing your unwanted drivers in the pro shop boys!!

peter_rs
17th November 2013, 06:11 PM
Why use a driver a 3wood won to long drive holes :)