7th January 2006, 03:59 PM
Broncos to win in 2006 :!: :!:

http://www.ozgolf.net/forum/images/smiles/eusa_whistle.gif

Grunt
7th January 2006, 04:00 PM
Bunnies to make the 8 8)

Jarro
7th January 2006, 04:01 PM
any news on whether or not Russell Crowe has finally BOUGHT your beloved Bunnies yet Grunt :?:

Grunt
7th January 2006, 04:19 PM
Looks like as a football club member I will get a vote soon.

goughy
7th January 2006, 04:38 PM
It's jan guys. Can't you go back to talking cricket or tennis :shock: :P

3oneday
7th January 2006, 11:50 PM
It's jan guys.  Can't you go back to talking cricket or tennis  :shock:  :PGoughy, it's only a few weeks til we go back to Coffs !!! :wink: :lol: :lol: gotta get ready !!!!

:lol: :lol:

Grunt
8th January 2006, 06:36 AM
41 days until Charity Shield
Souths v St George
Telstra Stadium
Feb 18 7.30pm

Traditionally it is classed as the start of the season.

Fishman Dan
8th January 2006, 09:21 AM
I see Craig Gower got the season off on the right foot?

I can't see the Tigers doing it again - but then again i couldn't see them doing it last year.

Bronc's are gaaaawwwwwn. Struggle to make the 8 this year.

markTHEblake
8th January 2006, 12:02 PM
will anyone be watching it now that the footy is on another channell :D

Jarro
8th January 2006, 01:54 PM
will anyone be watching it now that the footy is on another channell   :D

of course we will ... we'll have 2 live games on friday night too :smt023

markTHEblake
8th January 2006, 02:16 PM
not according to Aker. and you know he will be the next Premier

Eag's
9th January 2006, 08:58 AM
The Mighty Dragons will go all the way this year :smt109
The Broncos have got nuthin, lucky to make the top 4 :P :wink:

Courty
9th January 2006, 11:02 AM
Sharks? :?

Don't even know who they've got this season...

Virgal_Tracy
9th January 2006, 01:35 PM
Article in yesterdays Sunday Tele. Dane Tilse got sacked from the Knights 12 months ago for a drunken rampage in Bathurst. Feels that he has been made a scapegoat when Gower just got the captaincy taken off and a $30,000 fine. Reckons that its harder to sack a name than a nobody.

NO way was Penrith going to sack Gower. Wouldn't want him playing against them and having to find a new halfback this close to season start.

Jarro
9th January 2006, 03:02 PM
The Mighty Dragons will go all the way this year  :smt109
The Broncos have got nuthin

well, we managed to pinch Michael Ennis from ya :P :wink:

I'll have a small bet that the Broncs finish the year better than the Dragons too :smt003

3oneday
9th January 2006, 03:35 PM

well, we managed to pinch Michael Ennis from ya  :P  :wink:

I'll have a small bet that the Broncs finish the year better than the Dragons too  :smt003especially if Barrett goes to Wigan in the next few months for his 600k per year !!!

Jarro
9th January 2006, 03:39 PM

I'll have a small bet that the Broncs finish the year better than the Dragons too  :smt003especially if Barrett goes to Wigan in the next few months for his 600k per year !!!

600K :shock: he isn't worth 1/4 of that :roll:

Wonder how the Doggies will go without the most overrated player in the game :?:

mike
9th January 2006, 09:58 PM

You can have him.

Take Barrett too please.

Pleeease.

Jarro
10th January 2006, 04:46 AM

You can have him.

Take Barrett too please.

Pleeease.

I think Ennis is a pretty good player ... he was one of your best leading into the finals last year.

as for Barrett ..... :smt019

drunken
10th January 2006, 06:48 AM

I'll have a small bet that the Broncs finish the year better than the Dragons too  :smt003

Can't afford to have two good hookers in a team, we kept Young & lost Ennis. Just like last year we lost Riddell & the year before we lost Lincoln Withers.

Jarro
10th January 2006, 03:39 PM
Drunky, i don't rate Young a good hooker at all ... he's more a frustrated lock that can't get a run in his preferred position :roll:

I think Ennis should've been your starting rake, maybe he left because he didn't get along with Brown :?

Jarro
15th January 2006, 05:41 AM
looks like there's some interesting moves happening on the coaching front too

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17821050-23214,00.html

wonder where that'll leave Brian Smith :? Maybe a move back to good old St.George perhaps :wink:

3oneday
15th January 2006, 06:32 AM
wonder where that'll leave Brian Smith :?  Maybe a move back to good old St.George perhaps  :wink:depends on whether a club wants a coach that can take them to everything but a premiership.

:lol: :lol:

Jarro
15th January 2006, 02:10 PM
yeah he hasn't got a good track record has he :roll:

I especially loved the losses he had in 92/93 :mrgreen: :smt023

Grunt
5th February 2006, 01:41 PM
See that SportsTab has closed the Premiership, Top 8 & Wooden Spoon betting because of the rumours of Gower wanting out of Penrith. There have been a few big bets for Melbourne to make the top 8 & for Penrith to get the spoon.

Jarro
5th February 2006, 02:55 PM
I'd be very surprised if Penrith agreed to let him go.

He's got 4 more years to run on his existing contract.

Fishman Dan
7th February 2006, 05:38 PM
This Gower thing is ridiculous. They could have left him to the police, after all the offences he's admitted to would put most blokes in the lockup.

He should be thanking Penrith for bailing him out big time, play good football and behave like a good little boy to repay them.

steverawlo
7th February 2006, 06:03 PM
Sharks? :?

Don't even know who they've got this season...
Even a loyal Sharks supporter like myself has lost faith this year Courty.

Lost - Peach, Nutley, Stevens, Merritt
Gained - Ben Ross, Pomeroy, Darren Albert, Tevita Latu, Darren Mapp, Lance Thompson

With no go forward Kimmorley will get pummelled every week like he did when he played for the Northern Eagles.

I'm backing the Sharks / QLD Reds wooden spoon double at about 40-1.

Courty
7th February 2006, 06:08 PM
Even a loyal Sharks supporter like myself has lost faith this year Courty.

Lost - Peach, Nutley, Stevens, Merritt
Gained - Ben Ross, Pomeroy, Darren Albert, Tevita Latu, Darren Mapp, Lance Thompson

With no go forward Kimmorley will get pummelled every week like he did when he played for the Northern Eagles.

I'm backing the Sharks / QLD Reds wooden spoon double at about 40-1.

Darren Albert? :shock: Are you serious. The guy practically lives in the casualty ward. I thought he had already retired through injury?

As for the rest... :confused:

Jarro
7th February 2006, 06:54 PM
why the hell would you guys want Lance Thompson :roll:

.. talk about an overrated player.

steverawlo
7th February 2006, 06:54 PM
Albert's been in Pommy land drinking warm beer and playing for Wigan.

2006 looks like it will be an open comp again. Good for the game but hard for the punters.

steverawlo
7th February 2006, 06:57 PM

You're right. Bluey Thompson's got nothing and is just another reason why I'm comfortable smacking a lobster on the Sharks for the wooden spoon.

Courty
7th February 2006, 07:16 PM

Overrated?! This guy doesn't rate at all. The only reason his name comes up is because he did a big dummy spit at the Dragons.
I'll never forget the images I saw of him crying after losing the Grand Final against Melbourne. Blood-nut sooky-boy.

Jarro
7th February 2006, 07:20 PM
Overrated?! This guy doesn't rate at all. The only reason his name comes up is because he did a big dummy spit at the Dragons.
I'll never forget the images I saw of him crying after losing the Grand Final against Melbourne. Blood-nut sooky-boy.

couldn't agree more.

i've NEVER seen him have an outstanding game :roll:

Grunt
7th February 2006, 07:22 PM
Sharks/Panthers & West Tigers to be the big losers this year.

steverawlo
7th February 2006, 07:47 PM
Just had a look at centrebet.com. Sharks $13 for the spoon - QLD Reds $6.

All up a juicy $78 for the wooden spoon double. I'll be having some of that.

Fishman Dan
7th February 2006, 08:01 PM
Kind of disagree on Lance. As Roy and HG say, you play your best footy concussed. Now if that were true, he's the best player going around, because he seems to cop a concussion every game.

Jarro
20th February 2006, 05:22 PM
coaching merry-go-round has begun already :roll:

Lang booted from the Panthers and Elliot to replace him ..... wonder how they'll approach this season knowing it'll be there last with there respective clubs ???

3oneday
20th February 2006, 09:30 PM
coaching merry-go-round has begun already :roll:

Lang booted from the Panthers and Elliot to replace him ..... wonder how they'll approach this season knowing it'll be there last with there respective clubs ???so, Hagans last year at Newcastle, Smiths last year at Parra, Langs last year at Penrith, Elliotts last year at Canberra and Bennetts last year at the Broncos...

Can't say I've ever seen anything like it ??? especially when they are all coaching for a full year, knowing this is it !!! weird stuff..

Pete

Jarro
21st February 2006, 02:25 AM
does anyone know if Sonny-Bill is gonna play at all this season ?? I heard he has a nasty stress fracture of the ankle .... must be from running away from the press.

Jarro
27th February 2006, 07:02 PM
Warriors are now my tip for the wooden spoon after hearing today that they'll start the season 4 points in the red after a salary-cap infringement ;)

fined half a million as well.

Grunt
27th February 2006, 07:16 PM
Wow big fine, I also heard Canberra want to look into them getting Wiki inside the anti-tampering deadline.

3oneday
27th February 2006, 09:20 PM
we gunna start the year in court ??? :p

Fishman Dan
27th February 2006, 10:43 PM
How any team can be reamed like this, but year after year the Roosters get away with it is beyond me. They've been caught out twice (3 times?), but nothing more than a slap on the ar$e..

Warriors are going to appeal, based on the fact that they haven't cheated in 2006, so why are they being punished comp points. They accept the full extent of the fine however. They have a point i guess... in a manner of speaking..

3oneday
28th February 2006, 04:35 AM
I would expect that if the loss of points was tested in court, the NRL would lose. Just my opinion, but there better be some strong wording in those contracts these clubs sign that protects the NRL to the extent that they can "choose the penalty for any breach" !!!

Jarro
3rd March 2006, 11:06 AM
Scott Prince has just agreed to a 4 year stint with the Gold coast Titans starting next year 8)

Fishman Dan
4th March 2006, 04:34 PM
He's a broken down nothing of a man. Good luckwith him - good for 6 games a year. Not that sharpest tool in the box that lad.

terryand
4th March 2006, 05:01 PM
is there any sports person outside of carlton's wall you like Fishy:smt087

terry.

Fishman Dan
12th March 2006, 09:13 AM
GO THE DOGGIES!!! :lol:

What a bunch of pea-hearts. You've got a mix of talent, class and moron. Riles should be ****-boy for the week for his efforts giving away so many penalties.

Jarro
12th March 2006, 10:00 AM
doesn't Ryles play for the Dragons :-s

i also thought the doggies would've played a lot better than that .... same with the Eels. What the hell was going on there :shock:

still, i'm not gonna say too much yet, my boys have still gotta play yet :smt002

Fishman Dan
12th March 2006, 11:16 AM
In that case.. the other one that sounds like him, but plays for the Dogs.... :roll:

Courty
12th March 2006, 11:33 AM
Do you mean Nate Myles?

Fishman Dan
18th March 2006, 08:02 AM
Simple.

Tigers got bashed last night. That was a brutal display from the Bulldogs. Some trains in Sydney would have been bashed up from sheer joy by the undesireable fans.

Any action going to come from the 'offensive shoulder-charge' you reckon?

CobraSS
18th March 2006, 08:56 AM
:smt006 yeah baby yeah :smt106

CobraSS
18th March 2006, 08:58 AM

nope :-s

Fishman Dan
18th March 2006, 02:39 PM
Well - they start fights in the crowd when they play crap, and they start fights when they win.

Soon it will be illegal to publicly support the Bulldogs. Couldn't come any sooner either.

If i were Ted Bullpit, i'd suggest that they blow up all of Bankstown. I'm not Ted, but i think the suggestion deserves merit.

3oneday
18th March 2006, 02:40 PM
Well - they start fights in the crowd when they play crap, and they start fights when they win.

Soon it will be illegal to publicly support the Bulldogs. Couldn't come any sooner either.

If i were Ted Bullpit, i'd suggest that they blow up all of Bankstown. I'm not Ted, but i think the suggestion deserves merit.go back to the catch and kick thread ya tosser !!!!!! :p

Grunt
18th March 2006, 02:41 PM
Simple.

Tigers got bashed last night. That was a brutal display from the Bulldogs. Some trains in Sydney would have been bashed up from sheer joy by the undesireable fans.

If he does get Charged I wonder if he cops the same grading that Morley got? His is sort of a precedent now no higher grading than morleys unless the players head comes off.

See the doggies fans played up again last night, was just a bit about it on the News Update.

Fishman Dan
18th March 2006, 02:53 PM
go back to the catch and kick thread ya tosser !!!!!! :p

Finally got a reaction! :lol:

Did i mention that Carlton has won 2 on the trot? Pity it's still pre-season, but i'll take them!

Besides, the season hasn't started yet.. ;)

3oneday
18th March 2006, 04:55 PM
Besides, the season hasn't started yet.. ;)oh sorry, hadn't noticed :p

:lol:

Jarro
18th March 2006, 06:01 PM

i wouldn't think so ... it just looked like a case of bad judgement from the defender .... O'Mealey didn't seem to raise his arm at impact at all.

.. my opinion of course :smt002

Fishman Dan
18th March 2006, 07:22 PM
I reckon your right there Jarro.. he had to get in lower with his shoulder, not with his head ;)

3oneday
18th March 2006, 08:55 PM
How good were those Broncos tonight ??? I was wondering how much the Sharks had on them to win at one stage :p

Yuck

terryand
18th March 2006, 09:15 PM
Just saw tonight for the first time the footage of the Bulldogs fans.How many more times are the NRL going to put up with this before they kick them out of the comp?

Gives you a great feeling to want to take your family to a game.

Terry.

3oneday
18th March 2006, 09:18 PM
Gives you a great feeling to want to take your family to a game.
Terry.I was taking mine this year for the first time, what exactly went on ?? I haven't seen nor heard, might go read the papers again to check ???....

Pete

Fishman Dan
18th March 2006, 09:20 PM
Pete - blueing in the stands, and then outside of the stadium. Typically courageous stuff from that particular ethnic 'minority' - 10 guys jump 1.

Courty
18th March 2006, 09:44 PM
I went to a Bulldogs - Roosters game at Telstra Stadium a few years back. There was a mass brawl outside the stadium on the way to the train station. They were all wearing Canterbury jerseys. And the Doggies won the game! Imagine if they'd lost! :shock:

Jarro
19th March 2006, 04:01 AM
How good were those Broncos tonight ??? I was wondering how much the Sharks had on them to win at one stage :p

Yuck

hey, it wasn't pretty , but we'll take it :smt002

.. at least nobody was killed in the stands during the game :razz: :mrgreen:

Eag's
19th March 2006, 06:18 PM
Another week, another loss at the death for the Dragons :cry:
It should be a different story once they put a full strength side on the paddock.

A NRL record score in the Newcastle win over Canberra 70-32 :shock:
My tipping was a bit better this week 5/7 :)

Jarro
19th March 2006, 06:28 PM
5/7 for me to Eags 8) .. your boys let me down, along with the Sydney feather dusters :roll:

terryand
19th March 2006, 06:42 PM
Another week, another loss at the death for the Dragons :cry:
It should be a different story once they put a full strength side on the paddock.

Searching for the excuses so early in the season :smt022

Shameful [-X

Grunt
19th March 2006, 07:11 PM
Souths beat the Bye in a solid contest!

Grunt
19th March 2006, 07:20 PM
Well it was not that hard a week to tip was it, I think I got the lot :)

Eag's
19th March 2006, 07:35 PM
Searching for the excuses so early in the season :smt022

Shameful [-X

Not at all Tez, just an observation :smt002
2 close losses and they played very average in both, wait till they play well :mrgreen:

terryand
19th March 2006, 08:36 PM
I made the same observation last year when the broncs weren't doing so well ans i got gunned down.

I guess what goes around comes around.

Terry.

CobraSS
19th March 2006, 09:41 PM
I made the same observation last year when the broncs weren't doing so well ans i got gunned down.

I guess what goes around comes around.

Terry.

bit different when you make that statement when the bronc's (ponies) are at the start of their annual loose 7 in a row come september routine. :mrgreen:

terryand
19th March 2006, 10:46 PM
yeah thank God they didn't do a Doggie's and lose 8 or 9 in a row at the end of the season and not make the finals :mrgreen:

Terry.

CobraSS
20th March 2006, 01:38 PM
yeah thank God they didn't do a Doggie's and lose 8 or 9 in a row at the end of the season and not make the finals :mrgreen:

Terry.

yeah at least we don't turn it into a regular annual event. :smt116

Jarro
20th March 2006, 02:08 PM
speaking of regular events .... we should run a poll to decide how many supporters we think will be bashed at the next Bulldogs game :roll:

.. fair dinkum :p

Jarro
26th March 2006, 05:42 PM
Lets Go Broncos Lets Go

Courty
26th March 2006, 06:14 PM
Lets Go Broncos Lets Go

*yawn*

Jarro
26th March 2006, 07:26 PM
c'mon mate, we had a good win ... they've been few and far between lately .... let me gloat for a week ;)

Fishman Dan
26th March 2006, 07:40 PM
Good win? I (unfortunately) had to listen to Tommy Roudonikas call of the game today - he rated the Bronco's a 7, perhaps 7.5 - so you can imagine what they thought of Parra.

14-10 to Bronco's - Smith has 100 people lining up to score a try, and he banana-kicks to no one. Turning point.

On other games, my missus was the only one of 40 to back Canberra. At 20-10 with 30 minutes to go it was looking like a glorius tip.... until the Roosters ran in 8 tries in the last 30 minutes.

terryand
26th March 2006, 07:46 PM
Big contrast to the call I heard from Ch.9 Fishy. They where going on about it being one of the games of the season.

have I mentioned how annoying Gould is to listen to :smt013

Terry.

Fishman Dan
26th March 2006, 07:53 PM
Gould or Tommy... one is hard to listen to, the other is just hard to understand..

Eag's
2nd April 2006, 05:18 PM
"Up the Mighty Dragons":mrgreen:
Another good week in the tipping game 5/7 :smt002

Jarro
2nd April 2006, 05:19 PM
no comment

Eag's
2nd April 2006, 05:21 PM
no comment
\\:D/ :smt045

3oneday
2nd April 2006, 07:07 PM
Good win by the Dogs !!!!!

By the way, are the Broncs still in front of the Warriors ????

Jarro
3rd April 2006, 12:41 AM
Good win by the Dogs !!!!!

By the way, are the Broncs still in front of the Warriors ????

yeah one of their best :roll:

... and the best part of all ... no spectators were killed either :-s

Eag's
8th April 2006, 07:59 PM
Nothing to cheer this week for the Dragons :oops:
Completely smashed by the Nights, just blown of the park :confused:
Oh well, there is always next week :(

Jarro
8th April 2006, 08:13 PM
Newcastle were simply awesome tonight :shock:

terryand
8th April 2006, 08:16 PM
Newcastle were simply awesome tonight :shock:

Big game next week.....knights and Cowboys :smt118

Terry.

3oneday
9th April 2006, 08:15 AM
Don't suppose we would be lucky enough to get it on Pay TV. :p have to sit through the mindnumbing Friday night "let's all talk about ourselves" fest :p

PeteyD
9th April 2006, 10:04 AM
Maybe one day we will see some football played on Friday night!

Don't suppose we would be lucky enough to get it on Pay TV. :p have to sit through the mindnumbing Friday night "let's all talk about ourselves" fest :p

Grunt
9th April 2006, 10:32 AM

It may be the Sunday 9 Game.

Jarro
18th April 2006, 08:43 AM
How good are the Cowboys going 8) Hopefully they don't get many injuries this year and go a step further than previous years and win the trophy.

Sonny-Bill's comeback was a success. Bet he was ****ting bricks running out against the Bunnies yesterday. His last two major injuries have happened playing against Souths.

3oneday
18th April 2006, 10:01 AM
Sonny-Bill's comeback was a success. shuddup !!!!

Jarro
18th April 2006, 10:07 AM
yeah, give him a couple of weeks and he'll be back in suicide mode ... trying to smash everything that moves :roll:

the guy has no sense of self preservation at all :p

Grunt
18th April 2006, 10:38 AM
Bloody dogs got away with that one. For the first time this year Souths were in a game for a long time and were playing great. Injuries to 3 players yet again made the end of the game real tough

That Pommy ref should be sent home he is shocking with some of his calls, to both sides too, changing the run of play in key areas of the game.

Souths may well win one soon:-k

Jarro
18th April 2006, 10:45 AM
Souths may well win one soon:-k

when do you guys have the bye ;)

Grunt
18th April 2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks Mate but we are starting to get players back in thet coming weeks. Ben Walker should be back this week, Stuart Webb back from suspension (very harsh one too)
Remember Luke MacDougall, he is the one who got hammered for a tackle last year getting 10 weeks. The same tackle this year does not even get to front the judicary. I think he is finally back this week.

Jarro
18th April 2006, 10:52 AM
looks like Hegarty is gone for a long spell though????

Souths just frustrate me with their silly options and ability to absolutely bomb a try.

Grunt
18th April 2006, 11:06 AM
Luke Stuart is a bigger loss, gone for the season.

Jarro
23rd April 2006, 09:00 AM
pretty ordinary effort from the Bunnies this week Grant ... SMASHED by the Warriors.

Who would've thought the Sharks, minus Kimmorley, would've beaten the all-conquering Cowboys :shock: ... anyone tip them ;)

Jarro
25th April 2006, 04:19 PM
good game today at the SFS ... Dragons holding on to beat an undermanned Roosters side.

What was that stuff falling from the sky during the game ????

Courty
27th April 2006, 12:06 PM
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18941372-23214,00.html

It's not looking good for JT. What a tragedy it would be for the reigning Dally M player of the year and current best player in the NRL to miss out on representative selection.
Just like when Preston Campbell won the Dally M a few years back with the Sharks.
They should make it a condition that the Dally M player is automatically selected.

There's been talk about shifting Lockyer to fullback to accommodate Thurston (and Minichiello to the wing). That's the dumbest idea I ever heard. Minichiello is the reigning WORLD Player of the Year, and best fullback in the world. Lockyer should only be considered at 5/8th, and if he is not the number 1 choice, leave him out. It's not as if he's in sparkling form at the moment. This picking Test based on loyalty is crap. It didn't help us in the Tri-nations, did it?

PeteyD
27th April 2006, 12:36 PM
You can rant the same about the Tigers - premiership team but no reps ... <edit spelling>

Courty
27th April 2006, 12:48 PM
I was talking about standout players as opposed to standout teams, but point taken.

Virgal_Tracy
27th April 2006, 01:47 PM
This may well be seen as bias from a NSWelshman but I am amazed at talk of shifting Lockyer to fullback and Mini to the wing. As stated before Mini is the reigning world's best player.

My rant involves Bennett's latest rant that Justin Hodges should be in the team based on form. Granted he is playing really well at the moment. But less than 2 weeks earlier he was saying that selectors should pick Lockyer based on loyalty as he went on the trips when no one else wanted to. If he followed his own advise and picked on form then Lockyer would be out and Thurston would be in.

I am actually going to feel really sorry for Thurston when he doesn't get picked because they are showing loyalty to lockyer and they are not going to not pick Johns

Jarro
27th April 2006, 01:55 PM
Virgal, Mini has had a pretty ordinary year and i doubt his form is as good as it was when he last played for Australia.

I'd have Bowen as my fullback anyway.

3oneday
27th April 2006, 01:56 PM
I'd have Bowen as my fullback anyway.good point, the less Roosters and Broncos in the team the better.... Now, where's Hazem ???

Courty
27th April 2006, 01:57 PM
Is Hazem available to play for Australia? Didn't he represent Lebanon in the World Cup?

Jarro
27th April 2006, 02:18 PM
yeah, he can't play for Australia anyway .... the Bulldogs fans would turn up and burn down the stadium :roll:

dc68
27th April 2006, 04:18 PM
Is Hazem available to play for Australia? Didn't he represent Lebanon in the World Cup?

He is able to play just as Toni Carroll(NZ) Luke Ricketson and Kevin Campion(Ireland) Lote Tuquri (Fiji) and some others were as there was a
special dispenation given to assist developing nations at the time. That is what gives me the ****s :evil: about cockroaches whining about TC playing for Qld and Aus when they had Ricket**** play for the blues after playing for Ireland. And before you start yes it is the same thing:evil: :evil: :evil: !!!!!!

Jarro
30th April 2006, 04:28 PM
Grunt .. how did the Bunnies lose that one :roll:

they had the Knights on toast ... yet managed to let it slip

Grunt
30th April 2006, 04:45 PM
Did you watch it Jarro? If you did you know how and you are trying to bait me about a heartbreaking loss.

I know most of you that did not see the match will say here goes the wingeing Souths Supporter but Jason Robinson would have to be the worst referee in the comp by far. He made some serious errors in the early stages of the match

Ruling that johns did not play at a grubber that he stopped getting through the line. Walker dives on the rebound and Robinson rules handover. Replays showed him up bigtime Video ref never overrulled.

In second half he rules the opposite way for a Johns kick that actually canons into the legs of the Souths player and Robinson rules "Played at, 6 more"

Later in the 1st half Souths get penalised for strippping the ball when the Knights player tried to pass it and the souths players hands were not even near the ball. Knights score from next set of 6.

Video ref ruled no try to Souths when really there was no definite veiw whether he dropped it or kicked it over the tryline to dive on the ball. Where is the rule about benefit of the doubt going to the attacking team?

You want more? We have had him as a ref for 4 games now. If any other team had him it would cost them 10 000 every week in fines after each game.

Jarro
30th April 2006, 04:51 PM
i agree that the ref had a shocker Grunt ... he didn't do the Bunnies any favours that's for sure.

.. but HE didn't fail to get a kick away on the last tackle deep in Newcastles territory late in the game :roll:

i reckon if they kicked well there, they'd have come away with the win, they were on a real roll then.

Grunt
30th April 2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah that was a shocker but I think if the bad calls were corrected it would never have been close.

Eag's
7th May 2006, 03:40 PM
Bloody hell!! terrible tipping this week 1/7 :oops: :(

goughy
7th May 2006, 04:44 PM
As nelson would say "HA HA"

Couldn't resist.

PeteyD
7th May 2006, 06:24 PM
Bloody hell!! terrible tipping this week 1/7 :oops: :(

sucks to be you. I got 5. Stoopid eels and broncos

Jarro
7th May 2006, 11:56 PM
i didn't do much better Eag's .... i only got 3 right :roll:

goughy
8th May 2006, 05:33 PM
So you got 3 times as many right as eag's ;)

Eag's
8th May 2006, 05:47 PM
So you got 3 times as many right as eag's ;)

Where are your tips mate??
Got have a bad week once in awhile :smt002

goughy
8th May 2006, 08:13 PM
It's too likely that I'd end up picking Man United over the Toowoomba Chlydsdales, so good is my knowledge of foozball.

Jarro
11th May 2006, 09:53 AM
looks like Gasnier is sticking with league :roll:

i was kinda wishing he'd go to tell you the truth.

Eag's
11th May 2006, 10:04 AM
looks like Gasnier is sticking with league :roll:

i was kinda wishing he'd go to tell you the truth.

Just hope he now turns all of his focuss back to his struggling team :rolleyes:

Jarro
11th May 2006, 10:06 AM
that's if he stays with the Dragons Eag's ... he might get picked up by another team that can offer him more money.

Fishman Dan
16th May 2006, 03:40 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/eels-drunk-duo-fined/2006/05/16/1147545313305.html

Tim Smith is overrated, and piggy is an idiot.

Jarro
16th May 2006, 03:45 PM
well we all knew that :roll:

3oneday
16th May 2006, 04:15 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/eels-drunk-duo-fined/2006/05/16/1147545313305.html

Tim Smith is overrated, and piggy is an idiot.and Carlton suck.... who cares :p

Eag's
27th May 2006, 04:21 PM
Top win by the Dragons last night, looks like they are back to their best :smt002
Signing Gasnier for another 5 years will lift the team no end :mrgreen:

Grunt
27th May 2006, 04:31 PM
Will the signing of Gasnier mean they will still lose a variety of players?

Eag's
27th May 2006, 04:34 PM
Will the signing of Gasnier mean they will still lose a variety of players?

I hope not Grunt, but time will tell I suppose.
If their capp allows, they might even attract a few more top liners :smt002

Grunt
27th May 2006, 04:42 PM
I hope they lose both Sims and Head to Souths :p

Eag's
27th May 2006, 04:51 PM
I hope they lose both Sims and Head to Souths :p

No offence Grunt but Souths need more than those 2 to be competitive :smt002

Grunt
27th May 2006, 04:57 PM
They would be the start. In reality they don't need much at all. Halfback is a priority, Forwards are not that weak but injuries have hurt us hard. I have watched every game this year and I think only 1 or 2 have been ones where they have never been in the game at all.

Jarro
27th May 2006, 05:01 PM
Ben Walker is a quality halfback .... i think a lot of the problem with Souths is just that they seems to make stupid mistakes right at the worst possible time.

They've been in a position to win a few games this year but have blown it by doing something stupid at the last minute :roll:

PeteyD
27th May 2006, 07:21 PM
They need to learn how to close a game out. That only comes from winning. One of those ironies. Souths have been extremely unlucky a few times this year.

Jarro
27th May 2006, 07:21 PM
GO BRONCOS !!!!!!!!!!!!

PeteyD
27th May 2006, 07:22 PM
Don't say anything - I am waiting for the reply on Ch 9 ....

Jarro
27th May 2006, 07:25 PM
okey dokey Petey boy

3oneday
28th May 2006, 03:52 AM
Lucky we weren't playing Souths :(, they would've had their first win for sure :p

Grunt
28th May 2006, 05:16 AM
We nearly beat you guys last time we played Pete. I am pretty sure Souths will win at leat 2 games this year anyway. Just hope it is a team that has some supporters on here so I can get some of hte great sledging that is part of being a RL suppporter done.

Jarro
28th May 2006, 06:12 AM
great win by the Broncos !!!! really commited in defence for the first time in ages 8)

still don't know how Willie Mason could run through the QLD defensive line at will ... yet little Ian Lacey knocked him over one-on-one TWICE last night :roll:

PeteyD
28th May 2006, 07:33 AM
Great game by the Broncos. They look very good

3oneday
28th May 2006, 08:57 AM
Great game by the Broncos. They look very goodyes, they did play well :p

Dogs were, however, particularly CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!

Jarro
28th May 2006, 09:19 AM
yes, they did play well :p

Dogs were, however, particularly CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!

.. only played as good as they were allowed :smt002

3oneday
28th May 2006, 09:26 AM
.. only played as good as they were allowed :smt002yeah, whatever

Jarro
28th May 2006, 09:44 AM
still waiting for CobraSS to poke his head in here and offer an excuse :p

Eag's
28th May 2006, 10:13 AM
still waiting for CobraSS to poke his head in here and offer an excuse :p

Don't hold your breath mate :smt002

Iain
28th May 2006, 05:47 PM
Don't hold your breath mate :smt002

Aren't you a Dragons and Nth QLD supporter??!! :razz: :razz:

Before you start, I know the Panther's went down..... just.... :cry: :cry:

PeteyD
28th May 2006, 06:02 PM
tigers had a good win!

3oneday
28th May 2006, 06:26 PM
tigers had a good win!against the ferrets ???

;)

Jarro
28th May 2006, 06:33 PM
are Souths EVER gonna get a win :confused:

PeteyD
28th May 2006, 07:06 PM
against the ferrets ???

;)

True, But they are going to embarrass someone sooner or later

CobraSS
28th May 2006, 08:01 PM
:-$ nothing too see here :rolleyes: move along :smt028

Eag's
29th May 2006, 08:22 AM
Aren't you a Dragons and Nth QLD supporter??!! :razz: :razz:

Before you start, I know the Panther's went down..... just.... :cry: :cry:

Yes I am Iain, but the Dragons smashed the Nights so I am happy :smt002
Must hurt going down by a point a mate :razz:

Fishman Dan
29th May 2006, 08:22 AM
are Souths EVER gonna get a win :confused:

No. And i feel personally cheated for wasting empathy for their cause. What a hapless bunch of losers.

One this is for certain - Russell Crowe OVERPAID!

Bruce
29th May 2006, 08:41 AM
As the cats continue to implode I am jumping on the Storm boys bandwagon.

I'll be down at Olympic Park with all my ChoiceBro mates.

3oneday
29th May 2006, 09:09 AM
Bloody eye gougers !!!!! ;)

Jarro
29th May 2006, 03:14 PM
Bloody eye gougers !!!!! ;)

goes well with the grapple-tackle :-P

Jarro
29th May 2006, 04:18 PM
looks like the Dragons might be without Barrett for a while :roll:

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19292768-23214,00.html

Fishman Dan
29th May 2006, 08:29 PM

...or the rest of his career. The sooner the better.

3oneday
29th May 2006, 09:23 PM
...or the rest of his career. The sooner the better.hey, at least league fans don't jump in front of trains when they lose :shock:

Eag's
30th May 2006, 08:12 AM

Bugger :evil: one of these days they may even get their full strength
side on the paddock :rolleyes:

BrisVegas
30th May 2006, 08:28 AM
hey, at least league fans don't jump in front of trains when they lose :shock:

you reckon he was pushed? or did himself in after seeing what a tool he looked on tv that night???

Fishman Dan
30th May 2006, 09:22 AM
hey, at least league fans don't jump in front of trains when they lose :shock:

What the?

Had to be a Carlton fan surely...

terryand
30th May 2006, 09:35 AM
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19300771-23211,00.html

Fishman Dan
30th May 2006, 10:56 AM
Holy crap. It was a pretty well documented 'spat' as he came down the race. That's the one thing about AFL - at quarter-breaks the coaches walk among the crowd.

Laidley would be understandably shattered.

Courty
30th May 2006, 11:01 AM
Hey! This is the NRL thread! Please refrain from tainting it with 'news' about that game that's so great no other country plays it. ;)

Fishman Dan
30th May 2006, 01:28 PM
I thought we'd change it to something worth discussing.

So.... the Barrett high-shot. Was the lack of a report a cover-up? It's a shocking effort - elbow straight into the cheekbone. No attempt at 'tackling'.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/barrett-faces-trial-by-tv-over-carney-hit/2006/05/29/1148754939201.html

Jarro
30th May 2006, 01:48 PM
he'll get the full 8 weeks i reckon, it was a pretty ordinary effort on Barrett's behalf.

mike
30th May 2006, 09:34 PM
Barrett gets 6 weeks...my prayers have been answered.

Tosser d1ckhead idiot frickin waste of space.

They play better without him.

Jarro
31st May 2006, 04:24 AM
Geezuz .... the Bunnies are in trouble if this sort of thing is happening over there :roll:

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19309935-23214,00.html

3oneday
31st May 2006, 06:04 AM
Yep, sack your star player, good thinking that. Although I heard from a guy who was at the Wests Souths game on the weekend that neither of the MacDougalls actually tried !!!!

Apparently the Souths boys were so bad the Tigers supporters were giving it to them in an attempt to make it a spectacle !!!!

So, one would suggest no wins on the horizon for the ferrets !!!

Fishman Dan
31st May 2006, 06:58 AM
I can't see that he did anything too inflammatory?

I think clubs should face mandatory relegation if they go through a season WINLESS!

Grunt
31st May 2006, 07:08 AM
Well I think they did the right thing, both Macdougalls are hard to work out. They never train with the side, they train alone! Most club functions they are unavailable. A friend went to school with luke and said the whole family are freaks. They were expelled from a fair few schools in the shire area of Sydney.

Actually if they both leave so be it.

Courty
31st May 2006, 07:15 AM
Like rats from a sinking ship...

Fishman Dan
31st May 2006, 08:58 AM
Well I think they did the right thing, both Macdougalls are hard to work out. They never train with the side, they train alone! Most club functions they are unavailable. A friend went to school with luke and said the whole family are freaks. They were expelled from a fair few schools in the shire area of Sydney.

Actually if they both leave so be it.

He's also the top paid player, a premiership player, and one of the most experienced blokes going around.

Now you've got Peachy in the squad... on the back of being sacked from his UK team. Things are looking up!

How many league players do you think ended up getting expelled from a school for one reason or another :roll:

3oneday
31st May 2006, 09:05 AM
When did Peachey sign up ???

Fishman Dan
31st May 2006, 09:18 AM
3? 4 days ago?

What do they say? Give us your sick, your desperate, your homeless....

Grunt
31st May 2006, 01:10 PM
My info says the papers are wrong about him being the highest paid player in the team too. He is on an incentives only contract.

Grunt
31st May 2006, 01:11 PM
When did Peachey sign up ???

Was actually almost 3 weeks ago, Widnes would not release him from his old contract even though they had sacked him.

Jarro
31st May 2006, 02:01 PM
well, at least you know you'll have a good fullback with Peachey in the side.

.. but hang on, you guys already have a decent fullback in Polglaise, what you need is a decent halfback :roll:

3oneday
31st May 2006, 02:12 PM
Maybe Peach has slowed down, and can play half now ;)

mike
2nd June 2006, 10:24 PM
Gutsy win by the Dragons. Poor effort from the ref at the finish. I felt sorry for the Parra halfback.

Fishman Dan
2nd June 2006, 10:39 PM
8-1. You're kidding me.

I walked in just as the coverage finished. The missus was confused, she thought she heard 8-1... i thought she was sniffing thinner.

Jarro
3rd June 2006, 06:39 AM
yeah, strange scoreline alright.

the game was played in pretty ordinary conditions and right up until the 75th minute the score was 1 - 1 :-s

i thought a 1 all draw would've been a fitting result at the end of 80 minutes, but yet another stupid referreing blunder made the final scoreline flatter the Dragons somewhat :evil:

terryand
3rd June 2006, 06:40 AM
How funny did 1-0 sound after 70 minutes :shock:

Terry.

Eag's
3rd June 2006, 06:57 AM
Hey a win is a win guys :mrgreen:
Ugly game it was, but the conditions were not exactly suitable for good footy.

amanda
3rd June 2006, 07:20 AM
How ugly was the first St George point! And I completely agree about bad refereeing at the end.

No wonder the Ch9 team were calling him Mr Bean :)

Jarro
3rd June 2006, 07:46 AM
i see that halfback from the Eels is in trouble for shoving the ref after that ridiculous play-on call :roll:

wonder how long the poor kid will have to sit on the sidelines from that rush of blood ???

Grunt
3rd June 2006, 12:18 PM
Well they have been found out - Luke Macdougall has pulled out of tonights match with a rib injury, I have heard it is a heartlidge!

Forget MadDog & Mad Pup they are now known as Mad Cat & Mad Kitty.

Moe Norman
3rd June 2006, 12:30 PM
i'd have preferred the ref didn't f#ck up at the end, 2-1 would have been an awesome scoreline!

terryand
3rd June 2006, 01:14 PM
i'd have preferred the ref didn't f#ck up at the end, 2-1 would have been an awesome scoreline!

Agreed.

Terry.

Fishman Dan
3rd June 2006, 03:03 PM
Well they have been found out - Luke Macdougall has pulled out of tonights match with a rib injury, I have heard it is a heartlidge!

Forget MadDog & Mad Pup they are now known as Mad Cat & Mad Kitty.

Is this what the Rabbit's have become? No need to exterminate feral pests, they seem to be doing a good enough job themselves.

Grunt
3rd June 2006, 09:05 PM
Well the bunnies almost won tonight only going down by 2 points 24-22. We will win one eventually, believe me!

terryand
3rd June 2006, 09:23 PM
Well the bunnies almost won tonight only going down by 2 points 24-22. We will win one eventually, believe me!

Come on Grunt, you can't be serious. Consolation 6 point in the 80th minute :-|

Terry.

Grunt
3rd June 2006, 09:26 PM
Goalkicking was the only difference

Fishman Dan
4th June 2006, 09:12 AM
I just saw "that push" on the ref in the Parra / Dragons game.

THE REF DIDN'T EVEN REALISE?! It was a touchy report that alerted him. The only player that needs to miss games next week is the clown with the whistle.

CobraSS
4th June 2006, 12:21 PM
I just saw "that push" on the ref in the Parra / Dragons game.

THE REF DIDN'T EVEN REALISE?! It was a touchy report that alerted him. The only player that needs to miss games next week is the clown with the whistle.

probably true fish, but i think Jeremy Smith will be on the sidelines for the rest of the season.:neutral:

terryand
4th June 2006, 12:32 PM
Looking at the replay the intent was there, so I think he's gone.

Terry.

Jarro
4th June 2006, 12:46 PM
i'll back him in for a lengthy stint on the sidelines , although i think Fish is right ... the clown with the whistle deserves to be out for a while also :roll:

oh yeah, and a good win to the Broncos over their bogey side the Warriors 8) 23 - 18

Eag's
4th June 2006, 04:06 PM
Perfect round for you this week eh Jarro:smt023
A few others as well.

Jarro
4th June 2006, 04:10 PM
thanks mate ... i think i got lucky ;)

terryand
4th June 2006, 05:33 PM

Taking on the Baby Broncos next week might be the only chance they have to win one this year with 7-10 possibly out with origin.

Saying that though I have faith in the Baby Broncs, could be a new low for for the bunnies if they get beat up on by a bunch of kids :-?

Terry.

dc68
5th June 2006, 01:28 PM
Taking on the Baby Broncos next week might be the only chance they have to win one this year with 7-10 possibly out with origin.

Saying that though I have faith in the Baby Broncs, could be a new low for for the bunnies if they get beat up on by a bunch of kids :-?

Terry.

God help the Broncs if we get beaten by the bunnies :oops: it would be unbearable if they were the only team to lose to "The WORST TEAM of ALL TIME":smt064

Jarro
5th June 2006, 01:31 PM
i'm worried :smt087

i think we'll have too many regular players out and the Bunnies might indeed rack up their first win of the year :(

PeteyD
5th June 2006, 01:53 PM
Me too. The Bunnies are looking bloody dangerous this week ....

Jarro
5th June 2006, 01:55 PM
few changes in the Origin side as well :

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19368493-32463,00.html

PeteyD
5th June 2006, 02:00 PM
Interesting changes. Hunt will play off Lockyer a lot better than Bowen did. I am stil lconcerned about the Thurston/Lockyer halves combination. It will probably come down to game plan and what big Mal tells em to do though.

dc68
5th June 2006, 02:24 PM
Queensland: Karmichael Hunt (Brisbane Broncos), Brent Tate (Brisbane Broncos), Justin Hodges (Brisbane Broncos), Steve Bell (Manly), Greg Inglis (Melbourne), Darren Lockyer (captain, Brisbane Broncos), Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland), Petero Civoniceva (Brisbane Broncos), Cameron Smith (Melbourne), Steve Price (New Zealand Warriors), Carl Webb (North Queensland), Tonie Carroll (Brisbane Broncos), Dallas Johnson (Melbourne). Interchange: Shaun Berrigan (Brisbane Broncos), Chris Flannery (Sydney Roosters), Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos), Nate Myles (Bulldogs).

Jarro
5th June 2006, 02:51 PM
looks a pretty good side ... providing they're all fit ;)

We'll need the forwards to provide a bit more go-forward this time around. We were soundly beaten in that department last game :(

3oneday
10th June 2006, 07:31 PM
Look out Broncos.... first team to be beaten by Souths this year ;)

Jarro
10th June 2006, 07:33 PM
it's only half-time toss :roll:

our young fellas just need their glass of milk and a short nap, they play better in the second half :p

Jarro
10th June 2006, 08:17 PM
Bloody Bunnies :evil:

terryand
10th June 2006, 08:38 PM
My fears came true.

Well I guess it was now or never.If they couldn't beat the Toowoomba Clydesdale's they would never win a match this year :???:

Terry.

PeteyD
10th June 2006, 08:42 PM
Sad thing here is the bunnies are the only team I have picked this week so far :(

Eag's
10th June 2006, 09:01 PM
I tipped the Bunnies this week :mrgreen: if they can't beat a half strength side
then they should take up lawn bowls or something.
Got a perfect round going so far :-D

3oneday
11th June 2006, 05:04 AM
Bloody Bunnies :evil: hehe

Jarro
11th June 2006, 06:44 AM
yeah, as much as it hurts to say, well done Souths ... you really deserved that win :(

terryand
11th June 2006, 08:35 AM
At least the Broncs didn't lose to the Bulldogs http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Terry.

3oneday
11th June 2006, 08:53 AM
At least the Broncs didn't lose to the Bulldogs http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Terry.:p

Jarro
11th June 2006, 09:06 AM
did any of you guys watch that young 17year old that the Broncos blooded last night ?

115kgs and size 15 feet :shock: one for the future that boy 8)

terryand
11th June 2006, 09:09 AM
did any of you guys watch that young 17year old that the Broncos blooded last night ?

115kgs and size 15 feet :shock: one for the future that boy 8)

He would have been like an ocean liner in those conditions last night :shock:

Terry.

Jarro
11th June 2006, 09:14 AM
right Tez.

not a night for the big boppers. I saw Luke MacDougall sidestep around Eastwood pretty easily on quite a few occasions :oops:

terryand
12th June 2006, 05:05 PM
Pete, Cobra....What happened :smt102

Might not be as bad as being done by the Bunnies with 10 regulars out, but its close :-|

No come to think of it it is as bad :smt044

Terry.

Jarro
12th June 2006, 05:16 PM
.. any crowd casualties Tezza ???

;)

Grunt
12th June 2006, 05:28 PM
Well I could not get to a computer to put my 2 cents in about the Bunnies WIN, but I can now. WOO HOO.
I was right up there in Russell's territory and even popped by his house at Nana Glen for a beer Sunday arvo. Alas he was not home as he was still in Sydney celebrating. Was an awesome atmosphere watching the game in pub @ Nambucca Heads, it was like being there.
Who's getting beat next?

Jarro
12th June 2006, 05:35 PM
Who's getting beat next?

the Bunnies probably :mrgreen: :lol:

Grunt
12th June 2006, 05:38 PM
Don't talk too soon Jarro. This win might just be the thing the guys need to realise they can compete every week. The close games just might go our way. Big Call here but I reckon they may even get to 5 wins for the year now!

3oneday
12th June 2006, 05:39 PM
Might not be as bad as being done by the Bunnies with 10 regulars out, but its close :-| not close..... :p Raiders almost beat you lot as well remember, we got 10 in front and the kiwis went on leave again :roll:

Jarro
12th June 2006, 05:41 PM
Grant, just mark off the Doggies game on your calendar ;)

might be a good chance for another win :p

goughy
12th June 2006, 05:42 PM
I don't even watch the foozball but I thought the clydsdales (cough cough Bronco's) would have beaten them. I spose it's not too bad beating a country queensland team.

Now if they can only win 2 points against the bye.

Grunt
12th June 2006, 05:42 PM
Sonny Bill is getting really dodgy with the ball handling. How many times in the last couple of weeks has he dropped the ball or just forced the pass.

3oneday
12th June 2006, 05:44 PM
Sonny Bill is getting really dodgy with the ball handling. How many times in the last couple of weeks has he dropped the ball or just forced the pass.didn't see any today actually, but I only watched the first half !! I heard the commentators say he was throwing less silly passes. I'm more concerned how Asotasi goes missing when Willie and co aren't around.

Pete

Jarro
12th June 2006, 05:45 PM
he made a couple of costly mistakes today Grant.

gotta learn to stop trying for the miracle pass all the time.

Grunt
12th June 2006, 05:46 PM
I don't even watch the foozball but I thought the clydsdales (cough cough Bronco's) would have beaten them. I spose it's not too bad beating a country queensland team.

Now if they can only win 2 points against the bye.

Easy! A win is a win, if all you use the Bronco's were down players as an excuse. Then all the other teams that have beaten Souths should give back their points!

Jarro
12th June 2006, 05:47 PM
I'm more concerned how Asotasi goes missing when Willie and co aren't around.

he actually had a really good game today i thought.

Sherwin had a shocker (how unusual)

3oneday
12th June 2006, 05:47 PM
Easy! A win is a win, if all you use the Bronco's were down players as an excuse. Then all the other teams that have beaten Souths should give back their points!Nah, ban Origin..... makes it too hard to tip winners... ala Souths :p

3oneday
12th June 2006, 05:48 PM
he actually had a really good game today i thought.

Sherwin had a shocker (how unusual)well, there you go, he did nuthin when I was watching.

Sherwin is the same as Lockyer, can't play well behind a crappy pack ;)

Grunt
12th June 2006, 05:50 PM
Yeah tipped a whole 3 games this week

goughy
12th June 2006, 06:06 PM
Easy! A win is a win, if all you use the Bronco's were down players as an excuse. Then all the other teams that have beaten Souths should give back their points!

Didn't think it'd take me much to get a bite. I don't even watch football. But there is something passionate about souths supporters. You are a loyal bunch. Not akin to jumping ship.

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist the comment. And especially since I'm from 'woomba it seemed almost fitting.

Sorry mate :mrgreen:

Eag's
17th June 2006, 08:12 AM
Top win by the Dragons last night :mrgreen:
Plenty of dropped ball but thier defence was top notch :-D

I know there was a heap of Broncos backing up after Origin, but
the Dragons had some doing the same, plus they are still missing a few
top liners.

Bring on the rest of the year :twisted:

Jarro
17th June 2006, 11:05 AM
we were unlucky to lose last night, ithought we were the better team all night ... the Dragons made way too many errors and we should've really punished them.

Getting beaten right on the buzzer really sucks :(

goughy
17th June 2006, 11:47 AM
Chris Bombalas was the MC at the function we played at last night. Needless to say he wasn't overly happy. He got about 5 or 6 sms's filling him in with the score. He read the last 2 at pretty much the same time. First one said broncos 14 dragons 12 73min. He was happy. 2nd one said broncos 16 dragons 18 ft. Let's say he was sad.

Iain
17th June 2006, 04:08 PM
we were unlucky to lose last night, ithought we were the better team all night ... the Dragons made way too many errors and we should've really punished them.

Getting beaten right on the buzzer really sucks :(
You're kidding right?? The Broncos made just as many errors if not more than the Dragons and they looked terrible when attacking, no variety whatsoever. I went with my brother and old man, really enjoyed it, was quite entertaining, even though it wasn't the greatest game.

Iain

My annoying GF is annoying me to type that she wants the Cowboys smash the Doggies tomorrow. :smt075 She'll be there with free grog and on the halfway line.....

terryand
17th June 2006, 04:17 PM
I don't care how good a team you are, when you lose 2 players for the best part of a half, you are going to fight a losing battle :?

Terry.