PDA

View Full Version : Daddy long legs vs ghost spider s

tyrob
26th August 2013, 04:47 PM
Need help people... Are these two both counter balance putters or not .. Can't decide between the two ..any suggestions..cheers

Daves
26th August 2013, 05:32 PM
Yes, both are counter balanced. I can only comment on the Spider S so far, the easiest point and shoot putter I have used.

liptout
26th August 2013, 06:08 PM
Its simple mate,
If you don't like the look of big mallets, go the spider blade.

If you don't mind the look of a big mallet and like the Daddy Long Legs, get that one.

Basically perform exactly the same (well they did for me anyways), sensational putters.

Point and shoot and smile when you walk of the green after draining another monster.....

wizard_of_oz
26th August 2013, 06:21 PM
Only the new version of the Spider S with the large red grip is counterbalanced. The DDL is much bigger at address than the Spider S which is more compact, both have the same Pure Roll insert. The DDL seems more stable than the Spider S to me, the MOI is supposedly the highest TM has created.

Not sure if you meant the Spider Blade as liptout eluded to or the older mallet head Spider S.

tyrob
27th August 2013, 04:31 AM
On thanks boys .. Will have to try them out and see how we go

Jackson
27th August 2013, 10:25 AM
Both felt very similar to me when I was trying them out, the only reason I ended up with the S was the DDL looked a bit too big at address.

Daves
19th December 2013, 02:33 PM
Will put this in here, rather than start another thread. Does anyone have any touch paint to suit a Spider Ghost?

liptout
19th December 2013, 04:36 PM
that is the only bad thing about the putter,

the paint, especially the black bit on the face, comes off very very easily.....

mrbluu
18th August 2015, 08:49 AM
Has anyone taken the grip of a TM Counterbalance putter?? Does it destroy it??

framey
18th August 2015, 10:57 PM
The trainee at my club took the grip of my Daddy Long Legs and it is still in one piece. It smells a lot like solvent. I replaced it with a counter balanced Super Stroke. So far so good.

mrbluu
18th August 2015, 11:40 PM
The trainee at my club took the grip of my Daddy Long Legs and it is still in one piece. It smells a lot like solvent. I replaced it with a counter balanced Super Stroke. So far so good.
Cool. I'm hoping to take the grip off, cut the putter down and resume the grip

Shane788
19th August 2015, 06:36 AM
Has anyone taken the grip of a TM Counterbalance putter?? Does it destroy it??

When I had one I took mine off just with air and replaced it with a super stroke, came of pretty easy