PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey with a metal insert??

Lagerlover
24th August 2013, 08:18 PM
Looking for info on a putter I'm babysitting.
Odyssey Tri hot #2, but with a metal insert...

Steve
24th August 2013, 08:41 PM
Hot # 2 was replaced by white hot # 2 which has the lighter white plastic/composite insert.

rick3003
24th August 2013, 08:47 PM
The tri hot series had a white insert.... What you have there looks very strange, you sure the insert is metal?

Lagerlover
24th August 2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah rick, and the milling lines on the "brassy" face match up with rest of the face. I just tapped a metal spoon on it, and it gave a little higher pitch off the insert to the other parts of the head.

Steve
24th August 2013, 09:09 PM
Hot # 2 was replaced by white hot # 2 which has the lighter white plastic/composite insert.

As stated, for info Odyssey still produce steel- carbon putters. The white insert is only the more common seen.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/24/aqa6ejy7.jpg

razaar
25th August 2013, 11:33 AM
Yeah rick, and the milling lines on the "brassy" face match up with rest of the face. I just tapped a metal spoon on it, and it gave a little higher pitch off the insert to the other parts of the head.Test the insert with a magnet. If it sticks it is carbon steel over plated with a brass or copper type finish. If it doesn't stick it is some alloy type metal.

Johnny Canuck
25th August 2013, 11:47 AM
As stated, for info Odyssey still produce steel- carbon putters. The white insert is only the more common seen. 26197http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/24/aqa6ejy7.jpgThe Tri Hot is much older than both of those models. The Tri Hot had a white insert.

Steve
25th August 2013, 01:23 PM
The Tri Hot is much older than both of those models. The Tri Hot had a white insert.

Yes these are two brand new putters

Johnny Canuck
25th August 2013, 01:55 PM
Yes these are two brand new putters Older as in production year, unless you are trying to be funny. Tough to tell on the Interwebs.

Lagerlover
25th August 2013, 01:57 PM
Test the insert with a magnet. If it sticks it is carbon steel over plated with a brass or copper type finish. If it doesn't stick it is some alloy type metal.

Thanks Razaar,
Magnet doesn't hold to insert.
All I know is that it was originally from an Asian kid out here with golf ten years ago.

razaar
25th August 2013, 02:24 PM
Lager, as a guess from the photo It is copper with something added to harden the metal. Similar to what Bettinardi and Cameron did with the copper inserts in their designs during the same period. Looks like a good putter.