PDA

View Full Version : NFL

Pages : [1] 2

PeteyD
22nd August 2013, 06:25 AM
So ... half way through the preseason. Who do you like to lift the Lombardi in Super Bowl XLVIII?

Brisbane's own Jessie Williams, looking for a start at Seattle could have a dream introduction to the NFL. The pundits are splitting it between the Seahawks and 49ers with no one on the AFC side of the ledger getting a look in.

I know my Raiders are going to be crap. So might throw some support to the Seahawks just because of Jessie.

Johnny Canuck
22nd August 2013, 09:06 AM
Go Bengals!

Monsta
22nd August 2013, 10:22 AM
Broncos will miss Von Miller out for 6 games..........

CobraSS
22nd August 2013, 04:49 PM
Go the CheeseHeads.

IamViva
22nd August 2013, 05:11 PM
im so out of touch with nfl now... but as cobra said, go the packers!

TheAwesom1
22nd August 2013, 05:49 PM
The AFC looks awful this year. ATM I'm leaning towards the Pats to win the AFC even with all of the stuff that has gone on this preseason. Gronk will be back soon aswell. Von Miller is a huge loss for Denver.

Yossarian
22nd August 2013, 06:02 PM
go the packers!

Go Yoss?

PeteyD
22nd August 2013, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't write off the Ravens. Pats will be interesting. Steelers maybe. Should be an interesting season.

Waddzy
23rd August 2013, 12:16 PM
Go Patriots!

PeteyD
9th September 2013, 06:25 AM
Some interesting results so far. Denver smashing the Ravens. The Raiders actually competitive and had a chance to win on the last drive of the game, go Pryor!

dc68
9th September 2013, 09:46 PM
Go Broncos!!!!

Peppas
22nd September 2013, 07:10 PM
So lets say in your fantasy NFL team you had Eric Decker (Denver) and Antonio Brown (Steelers) and only 1 WR slot... who would you play?

Or would I be a crazy man for running a TE in my flex spot, just cos I want to be cool?

PeteyD
22nd September 2013, 07:12 PM
Nothing is crazy in fantasy football.

Peppas
22nd September 2013, 07:20 PM
Nothing is crazy in fantasy football.

Thanks Petey, I am running the 2 TEs in my lineup. I got Graham at TE, Olsen from the Panthers in my flex. Why not...

That just leaves 1 spot for Decker/Brown... I'm leaning towards Decker but it's Dever vs Oakland and it could be over by halftime. Big Ben has been crap this season but Brown's been whining alot so who knows, plus they are vs Da Bears so Big Ben will be airing it out alot probably.

PeteyD
22nd September 2013, 07:35 PM
rapistburger is having an off year so far. Denver should massacre the Raiders, but Pryor has been moving the ball and Denvers D is not that great, just the O is that good.

Peppas
22nd September 2013, 09:27 PM
OK I'll just go with what I planned for my fantasy lineup, thanks Petey :)

Johnny Canuck
23rd September 2013, 08:58 AM
Decker would be my play. Brown doesn't score touchdowns.

Vice MC
23rd September 2013, 10:07 AM
Cmon Philly...Mick Vick is slick

Peppas
23rd September 2013, 11:21 AM
Im about 40pts up at the moment with only Decker left to play. Good plays were having Charles, Demarco Murray, Jimmy Graham, Julio Jones. Bad plays were Kapernick, Houston D and the SF kicker. Oh well...

PeteyD
23rd September 2013, 11:27 AM
Not sure what is up with the 49ers.

Peppas
23rd September 2013, 11:31 AM
Not sure what is up with the 49ers.

Alls I know is that 2 weeks in a row Kapernick and the kicker have combined for less points than whatever backup QB I've had on the bench :)

PeteyD
23rd September 2013, 11:34 AM
yea, one week would be an aberration. 2 is a concern for 9er fans. You can bet when you change him out he'll have a monster week ;)

Johnny Canuck
23rd September 2013, 12:12 PM
Friggin Antonio Brown. Having a monster game. I am sick of his inconsistency, which is why I traded him in my keeper league, last year.

PS, Go Bengals!

Peppas
23rd September 2013, 12:59 PM
Friggin Antonio Brown. Having a monster game. I am sick of his inconsistency, which is why I traded him in my keeper league, last year.

PS, Go Bengals!

Hahaha and hes sitting on my bench, oh well.

dc68
7th October 2013, 10:47 AM
Broncos!!!! Wow what a game.

PeteyD
7th October 2013, 11:25 AM
Pats Lose. All is good in the world again. At least until the bolts pull apart the Raiders later on ...

Lobsta
21st October 2013, 02:21 PM
Anybody watching the colts broncos game?

PeteyD
21st October 2013, 02:25 PM
Nah working

But good to see the broncos losing at the moment!

Monsta
21st October 2013, 03:07 PM
Nah working

But good to see the broncos losing at the moment!

How dare you, thems there fightin words.........

PeteyD
21st October 2013, 03:19 PM
Ha fumbleena at the 1 yard line :D

Suck it Denver.

dc68
2nd December 2013, 04:07 PM
Broncs looking good in the West!!!

dc68
21st January 2014, 12:37 AM
Go Broncos #UnitedinOrange#timetoride

BUSHY
21st January 2014, 07:42 AM
Anyone see this? I got it from a tweet prior to the championship game yesterday. Premature???

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/21/urasemy5.jpg

dc68
21st January 2014, 08:05 AM
Hope so.

3Puttpete
21st January 2014, 08:14 AM
Richard Sherman?

BUSHY
21st January 2014, 08:29 AM
Sherman? That guy can't be serious. That was the craziest post game interview EVER. Lost count of how many F bombs were dropped on live TV.

3Puttpete
21st January 2014, 08:31 AM
Sherman? That guy can't be serious. That was the craziest post game interview EVER. Lost count of how many F bombs were dropped on live TV.

I saw a clip of Sherman and he didn't swear.

BUSHY
21st January 2014, 08:40 AM
I watched the replay of the game last night on ESPN, it was pretty outrageous what he came out with..

3Puttpete
21st January 2014, 08:44 AM
We must have watched different things. I didn't think he said anything wrong

BUSHY
21st January 2014, 09:07 AM
No your right about the swearing, live I thought he called Crabtree a "mother fn bitch". I just watched it again, just a mother bitch. Whatever his last line was.. I dunno.

I still think it's not very good.

Ron Burgundy
21st January 2014, 09:44 AM
We must have watched different things. I didn't think he said anything wrongHe might not have sworn, but he couldn't have made a bigger dick of himself if he tried. What a colossal douchebag.

3Puttpete
21st January 2014, 09:58 AM
No your right about the swearing, live I thought he called Crabtree a "mother fn bitch". I just watched it again, just a mother bitch. Whatever his last line was.. I dunno.

I still think it's not very good.
You're hearing things. The last thing he said was L O B referring to his team's defence. Not offensive at all.

He might not have sworn, but he couldn't have made a bigger dick of himself if he tried. What a colossal douchebag.

I don't see why. It would have been awesome to see James Faulkner after the game the other night say he knew he would belt the rubbish they bowled, the poms were kidding themselves and were never gonna beat us.

The alternative is we knew it would be a tough game, great opponent, happy to get the points, looking forward to next week blah blah rubbish everybody else says.

Peppas
21st January 2014, 10:11 AM
Go the Boncos!

Ron Burgundy
21st January 2014, 11:08 AM
I don't see why. It would have been awesome to see James Faulkner after the game the other night say he knew he would belt the rubbish they bowled, the poms were kidding themselves and were never gonna beat us. The alternative is we knew it would be a tough game, great opponent, happy to get the points, looking forward to next week blah blah rubbish everybody else says.I agree it was certainly more interesting than 'full credit to the boys', 'one game at a time'....... Being interesting doesn't prevent him being a douchebag. He did nothing all game, made one (admittedly very good) play at the end and then made a complete f**kwit of himself. I hope Manning throws to his side all day and he gets owned.

Johnny Canuck
21st January 2014, 12:35 PM
I agree it was certainly more interesting than 'full credit to the boys', 'one game at a time'....... Being interesting doesn't prevent him being a douchebag. He did nothing all game, made one (admittedly very good) play at the end and then made a complete f**kwit of himself. I hope Manning throws to his side all day and he gets owned.

He did nothing all game is complete BS. He shut down his men all gave with awesome coverage. The 49er's wouldn't throw his way because of how good he is. They test his at the end, look at the result.

Crabtree talked smacked about Sherman originally and couldn't back it up. Crabtree is also a class A douche.

virge666
21st January 2014, 06:47 PM
Crabtree is pure class. Vernon Davis was no where to be found... As was Gore.

Twas a sad day as I thought the niners are the better team.

jimandr
3rd February 2014, 10:31 AM
Superbowl about to start.

I've been a Seattle fan all season, and I think they will win.

I do hope that Richard Sherman has a shocker though. I hope Golden Tate is MVP, just because he has the best name in sport.

PeteyD
3rd February 2014, 10:41 AM
Seahawks have started well. Small support for them because they signed Jesse Williams. And I hate Denver.

Lobsta
3rd February 2014, 10:44 AM
Spoiler alert!!

Question for those that know this game more than I:

For the purpose of a "first to score" bet, does that safety count as a scoring play for Seattle since they got the points, or for Denver since they caused it?

PeteyD
3rd February 2014, 10:52 AM
Seattle.

SundayHack
3rd February 2014, 02:40 PM
Most boring SuperBowl ever. Was built up to be a classic but turned into a fizzer.

PeteyD
3rd February 2014, 02:55 PM
not sure about most boring, but certainly was not a cliffhanger.

sol381
3rd February 2014, 03:07 PM
Not sure what shane watson did last year to deserve this…If it was performance base then he needs to give most of it back..Baffling how such and average performer can earn that..

http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/2/3/cricket-is-the-most-lucrative-sport-in-the-country-for-2013

dc68
3rd February 2014, 03:13 PM
Urrrrgh

dc68
3rd February 2014, 03:14 PM
Not sure what shane watson did last year to deserve this…If it was performance base then he needs to give most of it back..Baffling how such and average performer can earn that..

http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/2/3/cricket-is-the-most-lucrative-sport-in-the-country-for-2013

And this has what to do with NFL? Is he considering a code switch?

SundayHack
3rd February 2014, 03:17 PM
Loser!

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/21137264/floyd-money-mayweather-bets-15-million-on-denver-to-win-the-super-bowl/Mayweather%20with%2050%20Cent,%20who%20has%20$400, 000%20in%20cash%20piled%20on%20his%20forearms.%20A s%20you%20do.

QldHacker
3rd February 2014, 03:29 PM
So he gets sent home for not doing his homework on tour, and still get paid that much. Not bad.

BUSHY
3rd February 2014, 04:51 PM
Loser!

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/21137264/floyd-money-mayweather-bets-15-million-on-denver-to-win-the-super-bowl/Mayweather%20with%2050%20Cent,%20who%20has%20$400, 000%20in%20cash%20piled%20on%20his%20forearms.%20A s%20you%20do.
Hoax! I've read 10, 15 and 20 Mil. No go.. He came out on Twitter and said it was bullshit.

sol381
3rd February 2014, 04:54 PM
Sorry meant for the cricket thread….Teach me to drink and type.. Can mods move or delete this from here

goughy
16th June 2014, 07:58 AM
the first NFL thread I could find - though peteyd would have had more of them

Just announced on Sunrise that 7 has signed a 5 year deal to broadcast the nfl in oz. Hope they give you more than what they've done for triathlon since taking that from 10 as well. We've gone from having regular broadcasts of the ITU races, season update shows, and regular broadcasts of local and overseas IM and IM70.3 races to having next to nothing broadcast, with the exception of some of the local races.

Here's hoping they do better for you!

PeteyD
16th June 2014, 08:51 AM
Might be good. All I knew is 10 were not showing it this year. Wonder if we will get live games on mate

Feelzy
16th June 2014, 08:52 AM
the first NFL thread I could find - though peteyd would have had more of them

Just announced on Sunrise that 7 has signed a 5 year deal to broadcast the nfl in oz. Hope they give you more than what they've done for triathlon since taking that from 10 as well. We've gone from having regular broadcasts of the ITU races, season update shows, and regular broadcasts of local and overseas IM and IM70.3 races to having next to nothing broadcast, with the exception of some of the local races.

Here's hoping they do better for you!

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/soapbox/article/-/24243375/seven-the-official-nfl-broadcaster/

Looks good with same game rights as Ten. They say 7mate will also show Hard Knocks and a bunch of other NFL programmes. Hopefully they do exactly that. Saying that, I'll still be getting gamepass but great news to have the sport continuing to be shown in Aus.

Johnny Canuck
16th June 2014, 09:03 AM
Fantastic.

goughy
16th June 2014, 10:34 AM
Well then that sounds good for you guys. I've been spewing with 7 taking over broadcast of triathlon as we're getting a pittance of the broadcast we used to.

Feelzy
16th June 2014, 10:52 AM
Well then that sounds good for you guys. I've been spewing with 7 taking over broadcast of triathlon as we're getting a pittance of the broadcast we used to.

I agree with you about 7's takeover of the ITU. I was a regular viewer when it was on. Now I wouldn't have a clue what's going on in the season

goughy
16th June 2014, 12:50 PM
Wow, another tri guy around this place! Yeah, I've been really peeved.

Charger
27th July 2014, 06:46 PM
PeteyD played a game of football yesterday! Pretty sharp snaps from centre too mate! Pity about the slow guard next to you.....

PeteyD
27th July 2014, 07:15 PM
Haha, he went ok. Love the photos of me standing there after taking 2 steps doing nothing ;) Worn out by then.

Feelzy
27th July 2014, 08:54 PM
Wow, another tri guy around this place! Yeah, I've been really peeved.

Missed this. Yeah love all sports so was wrapped when One was a sports channel. I'm getting into the GAA Football and Hurling now on 7mate but that's for another thread.

PeteyD played a game of football yesterday! Pretty sharp snaps from centre too mate! Pity about the slow guard next to you.....

Was that the Ghosts of Gridiron Charity thing? I'm going from location, I'm from Vic and photos of the game popped up on my news feed.

PeteyD
27th July 2014, 09:00 PM
Yep. Charity Bowl is the start of our season up here. Part of that is the Ghosts old farts slow motion extraordinaire game.

jimandr
27th July 2014, 09:16 PM
Petey

You are the expert on this. Is there enough NFL interest to start a 2014 thread, or should we just alter the title in this thread?

I'll watch the NFL when it on, but I'm only a casual fan. I know when it starts, but I'm not keen enough to check out the websites to see who has changed teams, etc.

PeteyD
27th July 2014, 09:25 PM
I'll just change the title. not enough movement really.

coalesce
27th July 2014, 09:27 PM
But then what if we want to discuss the Seahawks maiden superbowl win? :)

PeteyD
27th July 2014, 09:29 PM
You have had a few months. I seed one of the rings, although Jessie does not like to wear it as he did not play.

Charger
28th July 2014, 08:08 PM
Hard knocks should be on 7mate next week

Charger
7th August 2014, 11:32 PM
Hard knocks should be on 7mate next week It isnt. It exists in other forms...but thats not the same. Maybe channel 7 will play it later on.I root for the steelers but they are in a bit of a downslide. I reckon if the packers stay healthy they may go all the way this season.

PeteyD
8th August 2014, 08:16 AM
9ers still team to beat I think. Raiders might come 3rd in the AFC west ... :( Denver to choke again, and Eli will still have more SB rings than Peyton.

Preseason games on today.

Vice MC
8th August 2014, 09:02 AM
Go the Jets! Vick for the Vic!

Feelzy
8th August 2014, 03:30 PM
I liked what I saw from the Seahawks, eager for the season proper to begin.

Annoyed yet not surprised that Seven haven't shown Hard Knocks or even has it scheduled. I always find a way to watch it regardless but with all the meaningless crap that is on 7mate at times, surely they can throw it on somewhere for fans to watch it without most likely resorting to pirating the show. I'm not sure i'd be interested in watching it when it airs having already seen it. Their loss.

Vice MC
8th August 2014, 06:01 PM
Wh@ts this H@rd Knocks ye spe@k of*

p.s. this keybo@rd h@s too much bourbon spilt on it. sorry.

Feelzy
8th August 2014, 06:05 PM
Wh@ts this H@rd Knocks ye spe@k of*

p.s. this keybo@rd h@s too much bourbon spilt on it. sorry.

Behind the scenes show of an NFL team during Training Camp. Last year had the Bengals, this year they are at the Falcons. I enjoy getting a different view of how teams operate.

PeteyD
31st August 2014, 07:34 PM
Not NFL but Gridiron in Australia.

The Sydney Uni Lions lost on the weekend to the pirates 20-17. The reason this is signficant? The last time the Lions lost was again to the pirates, in 2008.

99 wins in a row. And the streak is over.

jimandr
4th September 2014, 03:14 PM
The season starts tomorrow.

Anybody got any informed predictions.

I always find it difficult to follow pre-season trends in the NFL. The teams often don't go all out in the pre-season games, and the turnover of players often means team performance one year doesn't mean anything the next year.

So, without any confidence I'll go with Seattle to repeat, perhaps with Indianapolis as the best team from the other conference. But I usually need to see the first three games before I can tell which teams are good or not.

Grunt
4th September 2014, 06:18 PM
Gee i seem to pick the Underdogs, hoping for a better season this year for the Dolphins. Always seem to be just making up the numbers.

Johnny Canuck
4th September 2014, 09:35 PM
The season starts tomorrow.

Anybody got any informed predictions.

I always find it difficult to follow pre-season trends in the NFL. The teams often don't go all out in the pre-season games, and the turnover of players often means team performance one year doesn't mean anything the next year.

So, without any confidence I'll go with Seattle to repeat, perhaps with Indianapolis as the best team from the other conference. But I usually need to see the first three games before I can tell which teams are good or not.

Good betting odds on the Colts.

Teams seldom repeat in the NFL, but the Hawks are young and should only be getting better. Tough to pick against them.

Buzz
5th September 2014, 06:50 AM
Much coverage on TV here this season?

PeteyD
5th September 2014, 07:21 AM
7 Mate has a few games each week. 10:30 today season starts.

Buzz
5th September 2014, 09:33 AM
Thanks ... I assume fox will cover too, will check

Johnny Canuck
5th September 2014, 09:37 AM
So much excite!

jimandr
5th September 2014, 11:36 AM
Much coverage on TV here this season?

There are three games being shown on 7mate next Monday, wall to wall from 3.00. I hope it is the same every week. My Tv Guide doesn't list any repeats, so I guess the record button will be our friend.

ESPN will probably show the Monday night game.

Daves
5th September 2014, 11:40 AM
Thanks ... I assume fox will cover too, will check

It is on ESPN live now. Packers vs Seahawks.

Feelzy
5th September 2014, 12:19 PM
I'm so close to switching to ESPN, but I only have Foxtel Play (streaming over net) and my net isn't so great lately but 7mate continuously running the Just Car Insurance ad is driving me nuts! Other than that, they haven't done too bad.

live4golf
5th September 2014, 12:39 PM
Am going to Dolphins vs. Patriots on Sunday. Will be sure to wave :)

Peppas
5th September 2014, 01:21 PM
Am going to Dolphins vs. Patriots on Sunday. Will be sure to wave :)

Corporate box???

PeteyD
5th September 2014, 05:50 PM
I spent the money for NFL GamePass. Watching today's game now.

live4golf
5th September 2014, 06:00 PM
Corporate box???

No, starting in the carpark doing the tailgate thing then into the stadium. Seats are pretty good apparently...should be fun, first live game.

jimandr
5th September 2014, 06:40 PM
I'm so close to switching to ESPN, but I only have Foxtel Play (streaming over net) and my net isn't so great lately but 7mate continuously running the Just Car Insurance ad is driving me nuts! Other than that, they haven't done too bad.

I started on ESPN, but switched to 7mate after a short time. I watch a lot of ESPN because they have the baseball, and I get very tired of seeing the same promo's all the time.

On my version of 7mate I was getting a lot of promos for The X Factor, Redfoo on Sunday Night and the Real Insurance Life Insurance ad. This wasn't good, but it was better than James Cheney and the food sealing system I suffered through a million times on One last year.

Seattle were very good today. They appear to have lost nothing from last year. Green Bay weren't horrible, but it is a bit hard to tell how they will go just yet.

live4golf
9th September 2014, 12:15 AM
The Patriot vs. Dolphin game yesterday was awesome...if you ever get a chance, go to a live game!

http://youtu.be/VE9YnMlkOcg

Charger
9th September 2014, 07:32 PM
Steelers beat the Browns. That might just be our season highlight. Im such a pessimist.

Charger
9th September 2014, 07:34 PM
I spent the money for NFL GamePass. Watching today's game now.

Each season i toss this up. A few mates have got it - its unreal. Even better for me with the NBN too. The best i do is PVR the 7mate stuff and skip the ads.

PeteyD
9th September 2014, 07:39 PM
I am loving the season pass. The boss watches football too so she approved it!

Charger
9th September 2014, 07:49 PM
Oh man stop it. I like watching every game of my team and then condensing the other games i would like to see. Pure football nirvana. Speaking of football nirvana im filming your game on Sat, Coach. Get that win baby!

PeteyD
9th September 2014, 07:52 PM
We better. Will be good to see you there.

Charger
9th September 2014, 07:55 PM
I'll be on the roof. Trying not to attract attention to myself.

Also, this year the refs are paying me to film again, and im uploading into their Hudl account. Impressive software. Expensive, but impressive.

coalesce
10th September 2014, 12:09 AM
I miss being able to go to the Wembley games. What chance the NFL having a game at the MCG?

PeteyD
10th September 2014, 05:51 AM
Not much I would think. We had a pre season game out here in 99, Broncos Chargers, at Homebush.

jimandr
10th September 2014, 11:37 AM
Not much I would think. We had a pre season game out here in 99, Broncos Chargers, at Homebush.

I was there.

It was good, but not overwhelmingly so. The play was quite a long way away from the seats, so you didn't really get a feel for the hard hits. Being a pre-season game, there was a huge amount of player turnover and the stars didn't play much.

As far as week 1 is concerned, I was feeling a bit of NFL fatigue after watching my fifth game of the week in the morning, so I didn't really watch the San Diego v Arizona highlights last night. I'm not sure I can keep up this pace every week. I might restrict myself to the Friday game, one Monday game and the Tuesday game (Australian time).

It is hard to get a real feel for the teams based on one game and some highlights, but I was very impressed with Seattle, and I really enjoyed the game between Atlanta and New Orleans. i think both of those teams might have good years.

PeteyD
10th September 2014, 12:00 PM
Agreed on Homebush as a venue for NFL it was crap. It was in configuration for the olympics and you were too far away from the play. Had a good weekend in Sydney though :D

jimandr
20th January 2015, 12:18 AM
Not much activity in this thread during the season, but it is the business end now.

New England have been much more impressive than Seattle recently, but both teams have been at home through the last few weeks, and home field advantage doesn't count any longer.

I'm leaning toward New England.

Johnny Canuck
20th January 2015, 10:29 AM
Seattle has won 11 of 12 and 8 in a row. Other than this past week, they have been the most impressive team for the past 3 months.

I think it should be a good game. Haven't made a final decision yet but I am slightly leaning towards Seattle at this point.

PeteyD
20th January 2015, 11:27 AM
If they come out like they did against green bay the pats will massacre them.

Peppas
20th January 2015, 11:33 AM
They both need to run more trick plays!

Johnny Canuck
20th January 2015, 12:02 PM
If they come out like they did against green bay the pats will massacre them.

Wilson is such a good ball control QB. I can't see it two weeks in a row.

Peppas
20th January 2015, 12:16 PM
Need more beast mode

hacker
20th January 2015, 12:50 PM
Wilson is such a good ball control QB. I can't see it two weeks in a row.Of course he is, he has his name all over it.

Johnny Canuck
20th January 2015, 01:07 PM
Of course he is, he has his name all over it.

Well played.

PeteyD
20th January 2015, 01:35 PM
Nice one! Hope you are right. Hate Brady and the pats.

Waddzy
20th January 2015, 01:51 PM
Pats by 7 8-) . Should be a great game but I just really hope Brady gets them over the line.

Captain Nemo
2nd February 2015, 08:41 AM
Betting very even, ive got cash to burn after the Tennis, who should win this thing?

PeteyD
2nd February 2015, 08:46 AM
Seaturkeys need to perform a bit better than they did last game to win, but they can. Should be a close game.

Captain Nemo
2nd February 2015, 08:49 AM
If they win, youll get a cold one from me come fri....or 2!

PeteyD
2nd February 2015, 09:05 AM
Nice! Mind you I hate the Cheatriots with a passion so my view is tainted.

Captain Nemo
2nd February 2015, 09:10 AM
Now you tell me.... :(

PeteyD
2nd February 2015, 09:50 AM
Hawks will win mate, don't worry about it. Just so Jesse Williams can get 2 superbowl rings without ever playing a down in the NFL.

jimandr
2nd February 2015, 10:34 AM
A wet day where I live, so my morning will be spent watching the Bowl.

I'm still thinking New England will win.

coalesce
2nd February 2015, 12:53 PM

Captain Nemo
2nd February 2015, 01:04 PM
After Katy Perry 1/2 time bonanza and the Sea Hawks hitting the front, i am excite!
Long way to go...

SundayHack
2nd February 2015, 01:29 PM
Katy Perry gets me excite too

Beno
2nd February 2015, 03:39 PM
So does this now put Brady in the "Greats" column?

I believe it should

PeteyD
2nd February 2015, 03:46 PM
Does for me. And I hate him. Although he did lose twice to Eli Manning.

Johnny Canuck
2nd February 2015, 03:58 PM
Amazing game with superb endings to both halves.

Johnny Canuck
2nd February 2015, 03:59 PM

I believe it should

Not a huge fan of his, but he was easily already there.

Yossarian
2nd February 2015, 04:03 PM
I don't really understand the game but surely you give the ball to that Lynch bloke and just let him charge.

jimandr
2nd February 2015, 04:03 PM

I believe it should

Brady was already in the Greats Of The Game column.

But he isn't really showing the signs of ageing that would be expected of him at this stage. Unless he gets bored with pre-season training or starts thinking he has nothing left to achieve, he can keep going for a while yet. And he is married to Giselle Bundschen. Life is really tough for him, isn't it.

Good game, though. Sometimes the Superbowl is an anti-climax, but this was a good one.

PeteyD
2nd February 2015, 04:05 PM
I don't really understand the game but surely you give the ball to that Lynch bloke and just let him charge.

Pretty much what most of the Seattle Fans are saying.

Beno
2nd February 2015, 04:25 PM
I already agree he was a Great, but i'm a Pats fan, so my opinion would hold less weight in the argument. So much hate out there for Brady.

Lost twice to Eli and once to Payton. Untill today i think he had as many SB losses as wins?

PeteyD
2nd February 2015, 04:26 PM
4 rings = great. No doubt about it.

Beno
2nd February 2015, 05:23 PM
https://twitter.com/OnlyInBOS/status/562093487727050752/photo/1

Johnny Canuck
2nd February 2015, 05:51 PM
I already agree he was a Great, but i'm a Pats fan, so my opinion would hold less weight in the argument. So much hate out there for Brady.

Lost twice to Eli and once to Payton. Untill today i think he had as many SB losses as wins?

He didn't lose to Peyton, Rex Grossman did. Rexy is about the only QB that Peyton could beat in a big game.

Brady is now 4-2 with 3 MVPs in Super Bowls.

He has also stated that he can wants to play until he is 43 or so. Sounds like he is still pretty motivated to me.

jimandr
8th September 2016, 10:34 PM
Now that number 38 is no longer a factor, we had better bump a proper NFL thread to talk about it.

The new season starts tomorrow morning, and as usual I have no idea. The preview I read suggests there are quite a few personnel changes, including a number of new quarterbacks. So I think I'll wait and see before trying to find a few favourite teams to cheer for.

The other reason why I wish to bump this thread is that I have a wishlist plan to visit the USA next year. Part of the plan is to go to a golf tournament (probably the Barclays in New York) and go to an NFL game.

From what I can tell, many games are sold out, particularly first game of the year. Has anyone gone to a first game of the season? If so, is it easy to get a ticket, or impossible?

PeteyD
9th September 2016, 06:42 AM
Depends on where. You can go here - http://www.nfl.com/tickets and buy tickets. There are quite a few for sale to the Sunday Jets Bengals matchup, for example if you were in NY.

Once the kids are old enough to leave at home I intend on going to see a game every year. I just hope I get to see the Raiders at Oakland before they move.

AlexMc
30th October 2016, 04:58 PM
I went to Giants/Ravens at NJ a few weeks ago - bought tickets through StubHub. Tickets cost about $10 more than face value each which wasn't bad given it was a sellout. Great experience!

PeteyD
30th October 2016, 07:41 PM
Nice.

Feelzy
23rd December 2016, 01:31 PM
Who else has family or Christmas commitments that will affect a great day of beers and football on Sunday?

My Seahawks play at 8:25. Right in the middle of present openings and people visiting.

Boxing Day Steelers V Ravens will hopefully be a cracker.

Also who's everyone's SB pick as the Regular Season draws to a close.

If it's not Seattle then I hope it's anyone that isn't a part of the usual suspects.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PeteyD
23rd December 2016, 02:37 PM
Radiers vs Cowboys for the superbowl. Family is aware of when kickoff is on Christmas day ;)

Feelzy
23rd December 2016, 10:37 PM
I don't look too much at the schedule and was hoping the Hawks had a 1pm (4am ~) game. Win win then but not to be.

I'll find a way to watch it. I'm cunning like that.

Raiders/Cowboys SB would please me. If it's not Raiders/Seahawks 😝

Ron Burgundy
25th December 2016, 03:33 PM
Raiders gone now surely. Guess it was too good to be true.

markvos
25th December 2016, 08:36 PM
Raiders and Seahawks just 1/4er'd their chances. I'm die hard Seahawks fan and punter... my dollars look to be flying away.

Such a sour taste on Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeteyD
26th December 2016, 05:49 AM
Raiders will be interesting now. Definitely became more difficult.

Johnny Canuck
26th December 2016, 11:27 AM
Raiders will be interesting now. Definitely became more difficult.

So shit to see this happen.

davidp
27th December 2016, 01:21 AM
So shit to see this happen.
If the Raiders had a more reliable defence and standout running game, they might have gotten away with a "game mgr" type of QB to replace Carr. You could just see it in Del Rio's face, he knew their post-season chances were sunk when Carr went to the sidelines.

Me, I'm a Patriots and Vikings fan. I think it's going to be a Patriots vs ?? SB. Hoping to go to the SB next season.

Johnny Canuck
27th December 2016, 01:27 AM
If the Raiders had a more reliable defence and standout running game, they might have gotten away with a "game mgr" type of QB to replace Carr. You could just see it in Del Rio's face, he knew their post-season chances were sunk when Carr went to the sidelines.

Me, I'm a Patriots and Vikings fan. I think it's going to be a Patriots vs ?? SB. Hoping to go to the SB next season.

McGloin isn't a terrible back up, they should still go ok, just not like they were going to with Carr.

The Cowboys are the obvious choice for the NFC, but a rookie QB and RB in big playoff games is scary.

If the Giants can get the running game going at all, we just might see them slip in vs The Pats.

PeteyD
27th December 2016, 07:01 AM
Raiders beat Denver they get a week off and that will put them in a better position. Defences win championships and that has been an issue in Oakland this year. McGloin is better than he is getting credit for. I don't think the Pats are a lock. KC is pretty stifling and would frustrate them, and the Steelers are always dangerous. Should be a good AFC playoff series, particularly if Miami can beat the Pats this weekend, just like last year.

jimandr
27th December 2016, 10:16 PM
McGloin isn't a terrible back up, they should still go ok, just not like they were going to with Carr.

The Cowboys are the obvious choice for the NFC, but a rookie QB and RB in big playoff games is scary.

If the Giants can get the running game going at all, we just might see them slip in vs The Pats.

I have no idea about the Raiders, but I agree with the rest of JC's post. Even more so after watching Dallas thrash Detroit today. New York appear to be the only team who can beat the Cowboys, and they might do so if they meet again. However, if Green Bay actually make the playoffs (which they will do if they win next week), they are the hottest team right now, and could ride that momentum all the way.

I think the Patriots are the best team on the other side, but it has been a strange season. Teams like Seattle and Kansas and Pittsburgh look like champs one week and mugs the next.

Which ever way it goes, the playoffs should be really good.

markvos
27th December 2016, 10:53 PM
As a Seahawks fan, I think the most important game this season is Saints v Falcons.

Our team is a fractured mess, Sherman out of control, Lockette hurt is hugely limiting to our offensive portfolio, earl thomas not being there is as big a loss as gronk is to pats, he is the captain and leader of our best unit.

We need the bye to regroup, we need to avoid multiple away games, please mr Brees, step up.

Johnny Canuck
27th December 2016, 11:49 PM
As a Seahawks fan, I think the most important game this season is Saints v Falcons.

Our team is a fractured mess, Sherman out of control, Lockette hurt is hugely limiting to our offensive portfolio, earl thomas not being there is as big a loss as gronk is to pats, he is the captain and leader of our best unit.

We need the bye to regroup, we need to avoid multiple away games, please mr Brees, step up.

Lockett had about 2 healthy games all year. You guys will be ok without him.

Sherman still makes the plays, Thomas does hurt a lot.

markvos
28th December 2016, 07:52 AM
Lockett had about 2 healthy games all year. You guys will be ok without him.

Sherman still makes the plays, Thomas does hurt a lot.

He spread the field and gave us the home run ball threat late in games... also didn't he play every game this year?

Johnny Canuck
28th December 2016, 08:32 AM
He spread the field and gave us the home run ball threat late in games... also didn't he play every game this year?

He's had a dodgy knee until recently. Had zero impact until the past coupe games.

markvos
28th December 2016, 09:09 AM
Really? He has 99 yards in week 2 v the rams where we combined for 272, he was hugely important vs Patriots, and he's had 600 yards for the season at an average of 15.... his speed was always valuable in stretching the field even when he wasn't making huge plays

golfiender
6th January 2017, 05:27 PM
My Packers against the Giants this week will be the game to watch! Rodgers had a blinder on Sunday against the Lions, but the Giants have a great record in the playoffs at Lambeau Field. The bookies have the Packers as favourites, but I'm fearing an upset (probably on the final play of the game like the past 2 years!).

markvos
6th January 2017, 05:32 PM
My Packers against the Giants this week will be the game to watch! Rodgers had a blinder on Sunday against the Lions, but the Giants have a great record in the playoffs at Lambeau Field. The bookies have the Packers as favourites, but I'm fearing an upset (probably on the final play of the game like the past 2 years!).

Giants seem like hot air to me. They have a great defence but their offence is pathetic and one dimensional.

No games are certain, but I'd give the lions more of a chance than the G

golfiender
6th January 2017, 05:45 PM
Giants seem like hot air to me. They have a great defence but their offence is pathetic and one dimensional.

No games are certain, but I'd give the lions more of a chance than the G

Well I'm hoping for the Curse of the Bieber for the Giants after partying with him in Miami.

Johnny Canuck
6th January 2017, 11:23 PM

Should be a great game. Rodgers has torn it up the second half of the season. I'm picking the pack, 21-13.

PeteyD
7th January 2017, 10:09 AM
Rodgers seems unstoppable. But the Giants beat the Cows, twice.

golfiender
9th January 2017, 12:59 PM
Great win by the Packers, was slow to start and the defense seem to have Rodgers contained in the first half. But he finished strong, and the Giants offense was just not threatening. Hopefully Jordy Nelson's injury is not serious, will need him against the Cowboys next week.

jimandr
16th January 2017, 10:25 PM
What an interesting weekend of playoff games.

I haven't really rated Atlanta so far. I thought they were pretenders taking advantage of a weak division and an easy draw. But they were top class in thrashing Seattle.

New England were their usual unbeatable selves.

Then today we had maybe the best game of the season and one of the worst. If you didn't enjoy Green Bay and Dallas you are either a diehard Cowboy fan or you shouldn't ever watch NFL. That was just fantastic.

It was just as well, as the other game was awful. I know the weather played a part, but I can't see Pittsburgh getting close next week.

jimandr
5th February 2017, 10:16 PM
I can't imagine any of our NFL followers will have forgotten that tomorrow is the big day.

I don't do anything special for it, but I'll be at home watching. The Superbowl is one of those events where it is impossible to avoid the result in order to enjoy the replay.

I'm still rooting for Atlanta, as they say in the USA, but without any confidence. I'm not really fussed if the Pats win. I don't hate them the way some fans do.

PeteyD
6th February 2017, 06:22 AM
Oh I hate the cheating scum. Remember - it was a fumble!
Even Raider Nation has declared today they are Falcon Nation.

coalesce
6th February 2017, 09:36 AM
I've taken the day off and am heading to the pub to watch it now. Any excuse :) Go Falcons!

Feelzy
6th February 2017, 11:50 AM
Couldn't last a quarter of ESPN's coverage. Switched to Gamepass and Chromecast to the TV.

Good game so far. Not great but good. Will be an interesting second half as you don't see the Pats stay down for a whole game.

PeteyD
6th February 2017, 03:30 PM
Best superbowl I can remember and I Hate the Pats. Amazing.

BUSHY
6th February 2017, 03:38 PM
Best superbowl I can remember and I Hate the Pats. Amazing.

Unbelievable!

Feelzy
6th February 2017, 09:23 PM
Still prefer each team a possession in OT but the Pats had all the momentum and deserve the win. Falcons stopped dead.

Defense came up big and then Brady did the rest.

Hate the Pats but credit given where credit due.

Shreko
7th February 2017, 05:39 PM
Was a great game, even the missus was happy to watch!!!! Not a pats fan (go Packers)

PeteyD
11th September 2017, 12:38 PM
New season is underway. An awesome opening game saw the Chiefs smash the Patriots in the only game I would ever support the Chiefs in. Raiders got the business done in Tennessee, with some of the new acquisitions fitting in very nicely. Looking forward to this season.

Johnny Canuck
11th September 2017, 12:45 PM
I like the Raiders this season. I've got them in a few long term multis as a longshot to win it all.

PeteyD
11th September 2017, 05:51 PM
Defense stood up which has been the question mark over them.

jimandr
4th February 2018, 04:31 PM
It is the big day again tomorrow.

I can't imagine any NFL follower on this forum, or anywhere else for that matter, supporting the Pats unless you have strong ties to Boston. Let someone else win!

Even though Philly were good last game (sorry 3pp for raising it), I just can't see it happening. But I'll be cheering for it anyway.

3Puttpete
4th February 2018, 04:34 PM
Go vikes!

Captain Nemo
4th February 2018, 05:09 PM
Go Gators!

Peppas
4th February 2018, 05:10 PM
Go Tom Brady!

Lagerlover
4th February 2018, 08:45 PM
Go Tom Brady! #loveyoursons

BUSHY
4th February 2018, 08:46 PM
Pick #199 will win his 6th [emoji471]

Ferrins
5th February 2018, 12:09 PM
4th down play by the Eagles out of the Waterboy secret play book.

BUSHY
5th February 2018, 02:54 PM
Pick #199 will win his 6th [emoji471]

[emoji1361][emoji1361]

PeteyD
5th February 2018, 04:02 PM
One of the best Superbowls in recent memory. Great game.

jimandr
5th February 2018, 04:17 PM
One of the best Superbowls in recent memory. Great game.

We say that almost every year, which may show how lucky we have been in recent times. There haven't been any blowouts or defensive battles for a while.

I am thankful it was indoors though. I seriously doubt that we would have seen a game with hardly any dropped passes (or penalties) outdoors in sub zero temperatures.

I loved the 'waterboy' play. I'm always a fan of flea-flickers and fake field goals and stuff like that, and this was one of the best.

I don't know what Nick Foles's contract situation is, but there are a number of teams who need a quarterback just like him. He could become an ever richer man than he already is by next season.

I know one other thing. My plan is to go to a game in the first week of the next NFL season somewhere. It won't be in Philly, because that stadium will be a sellout well before the season starts.

Lagerlover
5th February 2018, 04:19 PM
Races cancelled mate?

Johnny Canuck
5th February 2018, 07:11 PM
Fantastic game

Yossarian
6th February 2018, 05:33 PM
Love seeing the ol pigskin hurled around. Go sea ants!

PeteyD
29th March 2018, 07:37 AM
After making the catch rule a video replay nightmare, it looks like they have gone someway to fixing it. It will result in some previously called incompletions being fumbles, and things like that infamous catch at the end of the steelers/pats game being clearer. Waiting to see how it works in the games, but it is a step in the right direction.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000923342/article/nfl-teams-unanimously-approve-simplified-catch-rule?campaign=GMFB_20180328_Position2_Article_Simp lifiedCatchRuleApproved

Johnny Canuck
30th March 2018, 03:15 PM
Anything has to be an improvement over the current guidelines

PeteyD
30th March 2018, 06:51 PM
You got that right

jimandr
21st April 2018, 09:48 AM
My plan is to go to a game in the first week of the next NFL season somewhere. It won't be in Philly, because that stadium will be a sellout well before the season starts.

The 18/19 schedule was released yesterday.

I'm in, at Baltimore. The opponent is Buffalo.

Essentially, I couldn't get a ticket at a remotely reasonable price for New York Giants, and the only other good option was Cleveland, who didn't win a game last year.

So Baltimore it is. I've never been a Ravens supporter, but I'll now have to make them my favourite team.

Johnny Canuck
21st April 2018, 12:08 PM
Cleveland has been very active this off season.

Should easily be the most improved team this season.

JoeS
21st April 2018, 11:21 PM
Cleveland has been very active this off season.

Should easily be the most improved team this season.Cleveland will always be wipping boys.

PeteyD
29th April 2018, 08:09 AM
Jordan Mailata, NRL monster drafted by the Eagles in the 7th Round. Will be interesting to see if he can make it. Certainly has the talent.

Benje
29th April 2018, 03:22 PM
The 18/19 schedule was released yesterday.

I've never been a Ravens supporter, but I'll now have to make them my favourite team.

The logo is very similar to the Adelaide Crows.

By the way, my wife and I saw Miami play New York Giants in Miami in December 2015 (Monday night football). Apart from the two hours to drive about 30 km to the stadium (and public transport is not an option), we had a great time. The crowd was 50% NY and 50% Dolphins (as there are so many retired NY'ers that live in Florida). Hopefully you get a few Buffalo supporters travel a few hours to Baltimore.

Benje

PeteyD
2nd September 2018, 09:32 PM
Jordan Mailata, NRL monster drafted by the Eagles in the 7th Round. Will be interesting to see if he can make it. Certainly has the talent.

And today he is an Eagle, in the 53 man roster as an offensive lineman. What an amazing story. Apparently he tore em up in the preseason games. Will have to have a look. Good on him!

jimandr
10th September 2018, 07:14 AM
Baltimore 47 Buffalo 3. I was there.
It rained the entire game and a fifth of the crowd either didn't turn up or stayed under cover on the concourse. But it was still a great experience.

3Puttpete
10th September 2018, 07:16 AM
Baltimore 47 Buffalo 3. I was there.
It rained the entire game and a fifth of the crowd either didn't turn up or stayed under cover on the concourse. But it was still a great experience.

How many miles from the field was your seat?

PeteyD
10th September 2018, 07:16 AM
Nice one Jim. One day I'll get to one. More of the same from the Pats I see. Wish Brady would retire.

jimandr
11th September 2018, 01:57 AM
How many miles from the field was your seat?

While my seat was quite a long way up, it was a really good seat. Much better than the Sydney stadiums.
All my US sporting stadium seating experience has been good. They seem to know how to design stadiums.

3Puttpete
11th September 2018, 07:26 AM
While my seat was quite a long way up, it was a really good seat. Much better than the Sydney stadiums.
All my US sporting stadium seating experience has been good. They seem to know how to design stadiums.

Interesting. Ta

meh
11th September 2018, 07:34 AM

I'd want a good seat given they take 3 plus hours to play a 60 minute game, the product is average and you have to sit next to stupid yank.

henno
11th September 2018, 09:28 AM
I'd want a good seat given they take 3 plus hours to play a 60 minute game

They take hours to play a game that takes hours; the play clock is just an element of the game strategy itself.

I hear a lot of Australians make this argument and yet Cricket is our national sport and takes a good part of a week to play, or a whole damn day for a one-dayer. Even its shortest form (T20) is as long as an NFL match.

Heck, the average AFL game goes for 2.5-3hrs and has stoppage time for the whistle; they just tag it on at the end of the play clock.

Johnny Canuck
11th September 2018, 10:37 AM
They take hours to play a game that takes hours; the play clock is just an element of the game strategy itself.

I hear a lot of Australians make this argument and yet Cricket is our national sport and takes a good part of a week to play, or a whole damn day for a one-dayer. Even its shortest form (T20) is as long as an NFL match.

Heck, the average AFL game goes for 2.5-3hrs and has stoppage time for the whistle; they just tag it on at the end of the play clock.

Protecting the wicket is the most boring thing in sport.

Guys basically try and do nothing for hours and Australians love it.

meh
11th September 2018, 12:26 PM

At least with AFL they don't have one team to do one thing, another team to do something else and a third team to trot on for one play. Strategy? More like rest time for all the fat guards, tackles etc.

BUSHY
11th September 2018, 01:05 PM
I'd want a good seat given they take 3 plus hours to play a 60 minute game, the product is average and you have to sit next to stupid yank.

With a handle like meh it’s no surprise you’re the most pessimistic person on OG, Lefty included.

Lighten up.

3Puttpete
11th September 2018, 01:14 PM
At least with AFL they don't have one team to do one thing, another team to do something else and a third team to trot on for one play. Strategy? More like rest time for all the fat guards, tackles etc.

With a handle like meh it’s no surprise you’re the most pessimistic person on OG, Lefty included.

Lighten up.

I think you both make good points.

meh
11th September 2018, 01:17 PM

Lighten up.

Pessimistic? I'd say my description of seeing an nfl game live is bang on.

PeteyD
11th September 2018, 01:20 PM
Chucky delivering so far for the Raiders. Great game so far.

henno
11th September 2018, 01:25 PM
Pessimistic? I'd say my description of seeing an nfl game live is bang on.

We get it. You don't like a particular sport. That's ok. Nothing happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI

meh
11th September 2018, 02:50 PM

Sorry for defending my opinion to some punisher that doesn't know the first thing about me. I'll check that's ok with you next time.

Johnny Canuck
11th September 2018, 02:56 PM

Why would someone come into a thread about a sport they don't like? I don't get it.

PeteyD
11th September 2018, 03:09 PM
Neither do I, but it's American so it must be bad.

Johnny Canuck
11th September 2018, 03:48 PM
Neither do I, but it's American so it must be bad.

Maybe I should pop into the cricket thread just to tell people that I think it’s shit.

PeteyD
11th September 2018, 03:49 PM
Damn Raiders got schooled in the second half. Off to Denver next week. Be interesting to see if they can step it up.

henno
11th September 2018, 03:52 PM
Damn Raiders got schooled in the second half.

Indeedy.

Still, I got that tasty collect on Marshawn for his TD to bump up the Champs beer funds. #yeastmode

BUSHY
11th September 2018, 04:12 PM
Sorry for defending my opinion to some punisher that doesn't know the first thing about me. I'll check that's ok with you next time.

Like I said. Lighten up.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180911/79e549b7860a8d3ef93cee6b2a5e08a6.jpg

Johnny Canuck
11th September 2018, 04:18 PM
Indeedy.

Still, I got that tasty collect on Marshawn for his TD to bump up the Champs beer funds. #yeastmode

Nicely done on both the bet and the #.

henno
11th September 2018, 09:53 PM
For those that don't understand the game, I just stumbled across the best explanation ever:

https://i.imgur.com/nwW9tYs.png

PeteyD
12th September 2018, 03:50 AM
Shit the Raiders only had an old Ford Taurus.

PeteyD
4th October 2018, 02:09 PM
Found some pops to go with my Monty Python Black Knight onehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181004/923b1d4f5a7c0cb0f2d57f44b1a1fb2b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181004/182e7cc3ad3a71b145ea8ee0b6b4562d.jpg

Ron Burgundy
20th November 2018, 06:28 PM
Anyone watch Rams v Chiefs today? Absolutely incredible!

PeteyD
20th November 2018, 06:38 PM
Will watch it tonight. I heard it is a cracker.

Ron Burgundy
20th November 2018, 06:59 PM
Will watch it tonight. I heard it is a cracker. It was great. You won’t be disappointed.

jimandr
20th November 2018, 09:48 PM
I'm watching it now, and I didn't know the result until they put in in the score tracker on the bottom of the screen. Normally they don't spoil the result by doing that on the replays. Somebody messed up.

These two teams, plus New Orleans, seem to be the standouts for the prizes at the end. I'm not sure who the fourth best team is. Maybe Pittsburgh or Chicago? New England don't quite seem up to the pace, thankfully.

PeteyD
20th November 2018, 09:52 PM
Dunno the result. Watching on GamePass so no spoilers, tight as coming to the end of the third quarter. Well it was.... just wow.

jimandr
22nd January 2019, 12:01 AM
I'm watching it now, and I didn't know the result until they put in in the score tracker on the bottom of the screen. Normally they don't spoil the result by doing that on the replays. Somebody messed up.

These two teams, plus New Orleans, seem to be the standouts for the prizes at the end. I'm not sure who the fourth best team is. Maybe Pittsburgh or Chicago? New England don't quite seem up to the pace, thankfully.

Well, I got much of it right, but the really important part I got badly wrong.

PeteyD's worst nightmare could easily come true. New England are the hot team right now, with both momentum and an experienced core of players who appear unstoppable. They have been very good the last two weeks.

I will pretend to be a Rams supporter for the Superbowl, but I have a bad feeling about the outcome.

PeteyD
22nd January 2019, 05:13 AM
Rams are going to find it hard. The cheats are too good I think.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

henno
22nd January 2019, 08:45 AM
Saints would have had a red hot go and knocking off the Pats. The Rams will probably be left wanting unless they can find some big plays.

Brady is just too good, as much as it pains me to say it. His receiver core isn't even exactly great this season, but he is patient and keeps putting balls on their numbers and waiting for one to make a catch, which they eventually do.

It'll be the Gronk and Edelman show.

Peppas
22nd January 2019, 09:49 AM
Hopefully the rams bring it though. Their defensive line seemed to go pretty good against the saints line, their secondary was a bit shit though.

I heard a rumour about this being Gronks last season and he was going into acting afterwards??

pt73
23rd January 2019, 10:41 AM
Best of luck with that .........

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nfl/super-bold-saints-fans-launch-lawsuit-chasing-nfl-replay-20190123-p50t1g.html

PeteyD
23rd January 2019, 10:51 AM
They conveniently ignore all the other missed calls. What a bunch of dicks.

pt73
23rd January 2019, 11:04 AM
Yep, typical Yanks outrage becomes a law suit.

jimandr
4th February 2019, 05:42 PM
The worst possible result has come true.

What is even worse is that it was a terrible game. The trouble with defensive arm-wrestle games like this one is that with the main camera being tight on the quarterback you can't even see the coverage, so you don't really know why the q-back isn't throwing it until they highlight the coverage on the replay.

Brady wasn't even the difference maker, so it is hard to direct all our hate at him this time.

There is always next season. Go Ravens.

PeteyD
4th February 2019, 06:13 PM
Great tactical game by Bellyache and the Cheatriots. Not a great spectacle though.

Shreko
4th February 2019, 09:12 PM
Saints would have had a red hot go and knocking off the Pats. The Rams will probably be left wanting unless they can find some big plays.

Brady is just too good, as much as it pains me to say it. His receiver core isn't even exactly great this season, but he is patient and keeps putting balls on their numbers and waiting for one to make a catch, which they eventually do.

It'll be the Gronk and Edelman show.Spot on henno. Exactly what happened

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk

henno
4th February 2019, 09:48 PM
Spot on henno. Exactly what happened

If only Sportsbet was running a book on armchair expertise.

BUSHY
5th February 2019, 08:34 AM
Brady wasn't even the difference maker, so it is hard to direct all our hate at him this time.

How so?

Was a defensive game for 3 quarters, until Brady (like almost always) finds Gronk-Edelman-Burkhead-Gronk-Michel for the only TD of the game.

That’s 18, 13, 7, 29 yards before the 1st and Goal run to Michel and in the space of 3 minutes the game is won. If that’s not Brady making a difference I’m not quite sure what is?

PeteyD
5th February 2019, 10:10 AM
It's Bellyache and Brady together.

Yossarian
11th February 2019, 11:27 PM
They throw a mean hand egg soiree.

jimandr
16th September 2019, 05:21 AM
Some will know I am overseas at the moment, Croatia right now.
Amazingly, I am currently watching Seattle and Pittsburgh with German commentary.
I don't know what they are saying, except that almost all the actual football terms are in English.
The only media coverage I have seen on any of the other channels relates to Antonio Brown, so I have no idea whether these two sides are favoured or not.
Kansas are in the next game, but it ends at 1.30am European time so I won't see the end.

jimandr
6th January 2020, 06:36 PM
We may have seen the end of two eras in yesterday's game.

Tom Brady is/was an easy guy to dislike, but he is very close to being the best quarterback in history. Almost all the experts seem to think he is past it, and should retire. I hope he does retire. It would be silly for him to do a Brett Favre and play on, jumping from team to team until he finally realises that he can't cut it any more.

Similarly, without Brady, New England might be at the end of their run. They struggled this year without Gronk and with Brady a shadow of his best. One way or another New England will need a new quarterback, with all the readjustment and rebuilding that requires, so it could be a hard few years ahead. They are an easy team to dislike, so they won't get much sympathy either.

My only other observation to make is that I picked a good time to become a Baltimore supporter. They look the goods right now.

Peppas
6th January 2020, 06:51 PM
I was sad the saints lost... went and saw them play in NO in Oct against Arizona.

Everyone's loving watching Lamar play right now, hopefully the titans keep it close though!

pt73
6th January 2020, 07:19 PM
We may have seen the end of two eras in yesterday's game.

Tom Brady is/was an easy guy to dislike, but he is very close to being the best quarterback in history. Almost all the experts seem to think he is past it, and should retire. I hope he does retire. It would be silly for him to do a Brett Favre and play on, jumping from team to team until he finally realises that he can't cut it any more.

Similarly, without Brady, New England might be at the end of their run. They struggled this year without Gronk and with Brady a shadow of his best. One way or another New England will need a new quarterback, with all the readjustment and rebuilding that requires, so it could be a hard few years ahead. They are an easy team to dislike, so they won't get much sympathy either.

My only other observation to make is that I picked a good time to become a Baltimore supporter. They look the goods right now.
Agree that Brady has been one if the best QB but the Deflategate controversy damaged his reputation with many NFL fans.

With the Pats and Saints gone now the run to the Super Bowl is really interesting.

3Puttpete
6th January 2020, 07:57 PM
I was sad the saints lost... went and saw them play in NO in Oct against Arizona.

Everyone's loving watching Lamar play right now, hopefully the titans keep it close though!

Skol Vikings!

PeteyD
7th January 2020, 09:25 PM
Pat's are cheats. It was a fumble.

Vikings win was a surprise and they look good but I will go with the favs and back the 49ers to go all the way.

pt73
20th January 2020, 03:44 PM
Niners sent the Packers packing so now for the Chiefs.

Should be an interesting Super Bowl with two strong offensive teams.