PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Wynnum Legends Pro-am, Monday August 19, 10a.

AndyP
18th August 2013, 02:55 PM
A spot has opened up in my group at 10a for the Wynnum Legends Pro-am tomorrow. It is like a corporate day but with pros in each group.

If you are available and interested, let me know and I'll provide more info.

Ferrins
18th August 2013, 03:18 PM
I can play.

AndyP
18th August 2013, 03:39 PM
But do you want to? And can the pro handle you?

Ferrins
18th August 2013, 03:46 PM
I will behave.

Ferrins
18th August 2013, 03:48 PM
Happy to step aside if some goody goody two shoes wants in.

AndyP
18th August 2013, 04:18 PM
I'll PM you all the details.

Ferrins
18th August 2013, 04:19 PM
Excellent!

PeteyD
18th August 2013, 05:04 PM
Go Get Em Ferret. Let us know what the changes they have done are.

popper81
18th August 2013, 05:34 PM
Andy, thanks for the PM..

Ferrins
18th August 2013, 05:53 PM
Go study.

AndyP
18th August 2013, 07:04 PM
SPOT GONE to donut.

Thanks for your PM, donut. It's great to hear that you are in town and I look forward to meeting tomorrow.

Has Wynnum made changes, Petey?

Free booze and food tomorrow. It's a shame that I am driving.

PeteyD
18th August 2013, 07:12 PM
Yes apparently they have. No idea what. But they have had half the course closed and one reason the cup is now in october.

Ferrins
18th August 2013, 07:13 PM
So am I still playing?

AndyP
18th August 2013, 07:15 PM
So am I still playing?
Yes.

Daves
18th August 2013, 07:20 PM
I heard they were putting a new dam in.

AndyP
18th August 2013, 07:22 PM
Hmmm, that rings a bell with something the president was saying last year (when the course was very dry).

graham_w
18th August 2013, 07:24 PM
Yes apparently they have. No idea what. But they have had half the course closed and one reason the cup is now in october.

Mate of mine played there last week. Was reduced to a par 65. Lots of par 3's and temp greens. One of the par 5's is now a par 4 and par 3 with one of the other holes out of action.

Unless it's changed in under a week .....

perci
18th August 2013, 10:48 PM
I can play.

I will behave.

I heard they were putting a new dam in.

Hey Chris now that you have a Tree at Gales and Bunker at Nudgee with your mark on them , here's your chance for a Trifecta !

markTHEblake
19th August 2013, 07:14 AM
What sort of mark, a nudgee, poidda or dc68?

golfbound
19th August 2013, 08:03 AM
Hope the course is good for you prefect weather have fun

Ferrins
19th August 2013, 08:08 AM
Cheers Big Ears.:)

AndyP
19th August 2013, 09:00 AM
I have seen 10 or more of the standard greens without any temps, so far. The dam near the greens of 9/18 is being extended.

Ferrins
19th August 2013, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the game Andy and apart from asking Vijay's brother if Vijay was indeed a c^ck s^cker, I thought my behaviour was satisfactory. Course was a bit rough and the two pro's had a couple of 77's. The one pro gave me some advice that I took on board.

AndyP
19th August 2013, 07:45 PM
So awkward.

For others, Ferrins was quizzing a Fijian golfer about the perceived opinions of Vijay in the media and whether that opinion was shared by Fijian people. Meanwhile, a pro that we played with was trying to tell Ferrins that this guy was Vijay's brother. Ferrins did not hear him. Vijay's brother seemed a bit defensive and asked what he meant by bad perception, to which Ferrins replied that he is perceived as a bit of "An arsehole. A wanker! A cocksucker!", while blocking out the pro trying to warn him. The conversation was more extensive than that, but it was pretty much Ferrins pushing for answers about Vijay as a person, and his brother being fairly defensive and vague in answering.

I also got some advice from the same pro, although I didn't ask for any. Fortunately, it was setup related (shoulder alignent) and not swing related, so I'll also look into it.

Our golf was nothing special, but gee, it would have been great if we both sunk those birdie putts on the last. Your putting really did suck at the start of the round.

sms316
19th August 2013, 07:56 PM
Should have asked him about Vijay's magic pencil as well Ferro.

goughy
19th August 2013, 07:57 PM
That's fricken hilarious!

markTHEblake
19th August 2013, 08:20 PM
I am not sure if there is three Singh brothers or two. If only two that is beyond fricken hilarious.

Daves
19th August 2013, 08:23 PM
I am not sure if there is three Singh brothers or two. If only two that is beyond fricken hilarious.

There are 3, VJ, Krishna (today's "victim") and Mira. Krishna plays all the Legends events pretty much, and has done for a number of years. I believe he lives in Sydney these days.

popper81
19th August 2013, 08:35 PM
So awkward.

For others, Ferrins was quizzing a Fijian golfer about the perceived opinions of Vijay in the media and whether that opinion was shared by Fijian people. Meanwhile, a pro that we played with was trying to tell Ferrins that this guy was Vijay's brother. Ferrins did not hear him. Vijay's brother seemed a bit defensive and asked what he meant by bad perception, to which Ferrins replied that he is perceived as a bit of "An arsehole. A wanker! A cocksucker!", while blocking out the pro trying to warn him. The conversation was more extensive than that, but it was pretty much Ferrins pushing for answers about Vijay as a person, and his brother being fairly defensive and vague in answering.

I also got some advice from the same pro, although I didn't ask for any. Fortunately, it was setup related (shoulder alignent) and not swing related, so I'll also look into it.

Our golf was nothing special, but gee, it would have been great if we both sunk those birdie putts on the last. Your putting really did suck at the start of the round.

How do you not know that Krishna is Vijay's brother? Ferrins... The are dead ringers.

I asked him for an autograph as a young fella, and copped a spray. Had a bit to do with him a few weeks ago, and he was quite pleasant. Changed my original opinion of him.

AndyP
19th August 2013, 08:42 PM
http://australianseniorgolfer.com.au/images/Krishna Singh.jpg

Captain Nemo
20th August 2013, 11:36 AM
Classic!
Ive said it before Ferret, you never cease to amaze me....:mrgreen:

Craig_Syd
20th August 2013, 03:57 PM
Thats's gold Jerry!