PDA

View Full Version : 2013-14 EPL Thread

Pages : [1] 2

LeftyHoges
14th August 2013, 05:43 PM
With no Solarman to pop his head in and tell us that he doesn't care for at least 3 more weeks now is the perfect time to start this thread.

Predictions for the upcoming year, anyone?

I see Man City taking it out this year, with Man Utd close behind. Chelsea to (happily!) disappoint again this year, although the additions of Schurrle and getting Lukaku back from loan scares me.

Awfully hard to predict points tallies but I'll go with

Man City - 87
Man Utd - 84
Chelsea - 79

Now for the all important 4th spot, which I believe will again consist of the Scum, Everton and Arsenal.

Of course a lot of it will depend on if Tottenham sell Bale (which Levy is likely to do at 9:00PM on the final day of the transfer window), but I think this year they've actually got the talent to knock us off for fourth with Paulinho, Chadli and especially Soldado coming in. Interesting that Caulker was sold and also Dempsey, who popped up with some very important goals for them last year.

EDIT: Just read that Etienne Capoue has also joined Spurs. Definites for Fourth.

Everton may miss the leadership of Phil Neville but Kone coming in should give them a bit more up front. Not enough change in the side to push them higher than last year, but also not enough to disrupt their flow. 6th again.

Now to my lot: FFS. :smt104 :smt011
Wenger has already said that the squad is "thin" which is like saying that DC & LagerLover hit the "occasional shank".
The funny thing about clearing out the deadwood in your squad is that it leaves you with F-ALL players if you don't replace them with someone. I'm not of the school that we need the "marquee signing" (Please God, if we do make one don't let it be Suarez), but we still need squad players. We're starting the season with 2 fit Central Defenders, 1 fit Central Striker after Walcott's and Sanogo's (who didn't see that one coming) injuries and a backup keeper that's made of Balsa Wood. If Szczesny goes down we're left with Damian Martinez (WHO!?) from the academy. My only hope is that we can pick up a few signings after we, hopefully, get through to the Champions League. Gustavo would be a great signing for us if the rumours are true as he can fill quite a few holes.

Either way, a lot of responsibility seems to be resting on the shoulders of Olivier Giroud.

Arsenal - 70
Everton - 66

Relegation candidates:
Usually the most exciting thing after the title race fizzles out in early April, there are a few 'eager' candidates for the drop.

Aston Villa's decline since the split with Martin O'Neill has been sudden and shocking and as much as I despised the man, he seemed to run a good ship. I think this is the season it all ends for Villa, they were lucky last year in that there were three easily worse teams than them but it doesn't seem that way this year.

Crystal Palace are surely going back down. As much as Chamakh was never as bad for us as people say, you shouldn't be relying on him to lead the line to avoid the drop.

A mass exodus at Newcastle, who badly underperformed last year. Something ain't right at this club, but can't put my finger on what. Should have enough quality to stay.

Hull City have made all the right noises regarding transfers and should have just about enough quality to stay up, due to three teams being much crappier than them.

Sunderland did just enough last year to scrape through and have reinforced a little in the off-season. Should stay up.

Cardiff City - After years & years & years & years of just missing promotion they finally took their chance last year and seem to have more than enough in the squad to stay up comfortably. Travelling to Wales for matches is a little different for EPL teams, so they should do OK at home.

Stoke got away with their crap playing style last year, but this year could see them go down (every Arsenal fans dream!) with a number of players leaving & the underwhelming Mark Hughes taking over as manager. No-one will cry bar the locals.

Points at the tail:

Newcastle - 48
Cardiff - 45
Sunderland - 42
Hull City - 40
Stoke - 36
Aston Villa - 31
Crystal Palace - 27

In-betweens:

The teams that rarely look at getting relegated but don't challenge for the top 5 either:
Liverpool - 61
Fulham - 47
Norwich - 42
Swansea - 48
Southampton - 43
West Ham - 46
West Brom - 49

Will be interesting to see how this turns out...
Man City - 87
Man Utd - 84
Chelsea - 79
Tottenham - 74
Arsenal - 70
Everton - 66
Liverpool - 61
West Brom - 49
Newcastle - 48
Swansea - 48
Fulham - 47
West Ham - 46
Cardiff - 45
Southampton - 43
Sunderland - 42
Norwich - 42
Hull City - 40
Stoke - 36
Aston Villa - 31
Crystal Palace - 27

Captain Nemo
14th August 2013, 06:26 PM
Same old same old....money talks especially in the EPL, top teams will be the same as ever.
My beloved Liverpool will finish outside the top 6.....

LeftyHoges
14th August 2013, 06:59 PM
Same old same old....money talks especially in the EPL, top teams will be the same as ever.
My beloved Liverpool will finish outside the top 6.....

Yep, sure does.

Liverpool are this years mystery. Could challenge for top 4 spot just as easily as finishing 10th.

WBennett
14th August 2013, 09:30 PM
Benteke stayed and signed a new deal and thus Villa will survive comfortably. Bent's contract would just about be up so he will start playing for a new one and our striker issues will be over... The first four games of Arsenal and Chelsea away, then Liverpool and Newcastle at home will be a scary proposition that could see Villa propping up the ladder.

Assuming Agbonlahor plays more than half the year, he will have a heap of assists and they will finish about 12th.

Which considering our Club owner is a ****, this is a good result.

LeftyHoges
14th August 2013, 10:01 PM
Benteke stayed and signed a new deal and thus Villa will survive comfortably. Bent's contract would just about be up so he will start playing for a new one and our striker issues will be over... The first four games of Arsenal and Chelsea away, then Liverpool and Newcastle at home will be a scary proposition that could see Villa propping up the ladder.

Assuming Agbonlahor plays more than half the year, he will have a heap of assists and they will finish about 12th.

I know you're being an optimistic Villa fan (good on you, there aren't too many of you around) but I think Bent is done, and Benteke will suffer a little bit of second season syndrome. Still probably good enough for 12-15 goals, but not enough to prop you up like last year. There has to be a reason why none of the bigger sides went in for him. ~£22m is not a huge chunk of cash for a 20+ goal a season striker.

All that being said, I would LOVE to see him prove me wrong and score a bagful. He's a promising talent. He can start scoring anytime AFTER this weekend. ;-)

8081travis
14th August 2013, 10:12 PM
United wont be the same force without Fergie

LeftyHoges
14th August 2013, 10:15 PM
United wont be the same force without Fergie

That's what I'm hoping for. It's a squad that's definitely overachieved. Their early exit in last years champions league highlighted that.

Not entirely sure how much Fergies had to do with it as well though. They get looked after especially well by Howard Webb and his bunch of cronies, and also seem to pop up with a lot of injury time goals to save points that weren't well set up, just banged into the box and get a lucky bounce or deflection.

Time will tell I guess.

Jeffo1123
14th August 2013, 10:18 PM
If tottenham can hold bale, I think they can really look to surprise this year.

Let's just hope the mighty Boro can do something in the championship this year to get back to the real game!

LeftyHoges
14th August 2013, 10:23 PM
If tottenham can hold bale, I think they can really look to surprise this year.

Let's just hope the mighty Boro can do something in the championship this year to get back to the real game!

So much rests on him. If they keep hold of him they have a real chance to test but will ultimately "Spurs it up" as their fans so often say. If he's sold soon then Levy has two weeks to find replacements with what looks to be around £65-80m. He might also use that to compensate for the £70m he's splashed out for the other 4.

If he's sold in a week or 10 days, which is probably the most likely timeframe IF he is sold then god knows what will happen. Not a lot of time to get in reinforcements if that's what he's planning.

How are 'Boro shaping up this year Jeffo?

KristianJ
14th August 2013, 10:32 PM
The thing you can't put your finger on at Toon is Joe Kinnear, Lefty. He did nothing more than swear a lot at his first press conference when he was their manager back in 09/10 (I think...it was the year they got relegated after Kinnear had a heart attack and Alan Shearer was asked to do the impossible in their last 6 games). Now he's their Director of Football and I wouldn't be surprised if Pardew walks or is made to do so some time during the season.

Europa League will test Swansea's depth...I reckon they'll do well to improve on last season, plus I could see the likes of Arsenal throw offers for Michu their way before this window closes or in January.

This'll be Wenger's last season in charge at the Gunners, IMO. Once again all talk but no bolstering...

And West Brom (who've well and truly shaken off their yo-yo reputation of being too good for the Championship and not good enough for the Premier League) as dark horses for top 6. Anelka may well be a masterstroke signing.

EDIT: Kinnear was boss in 08/09 and you can find a transcript of the press conference here (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/oct/03/newcastleunited.premierleague), plus an awkwardly hilarious computer generated version of the transcript).

LeftyHoges
15th August 2013, 07:25 AM
The thing you can't put your finger on at Toon is Joe Kinnear, Lefty. He did nothing more than swear a lot at his first press conference when he was their manager back in 09/10 (I think...it was the year they got relegated after Kinnear had a heart attack and Alan Shearer was asked to do the impossible in their last 6 games). Now he's their Director of Football and I wouldn't be surprised if Pardew walks or is made to do so some time during the season.

Europa League will test Swansea's depth...I reckon they'll do well to improve on last season, plus I could see the likes of Arsenal throw offers for Michu their way before this window closes or in January.

This'll be Wenger's last season in charge at the Gunners, IMO. Once again all talk but no bolstering...

And West Brom (who've well and truly shaken off their yo-yo reputation of being too good for the Championship and not good enough for the Premier League) as dark horses for top 6. Anelka may well be a masterstroke signing.

EDIT: Kinnear was boss in 08/09 and you can find a transcript of the press conference here (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/oct/03/newcastleunited.premierleague), plus an awkwardly hilarious computer generated version of the transcript).

Ah, thanks KJ, didn't realise that Kinnear was still there in that role. What is Mike Ashley's fascination with that bloke? God that press conference was funny as hell though.

Good point on Swansea, they certainly lack the depth that a European campaign requires. I can't see them going that hard at it truth be told. Michu would be a nice pickup, if for no other reason than to stop him scoring against us every time we play them.

I can't see Wenger going, even if we finish 5th. Who's available to replace him?

I've nothing against West Brom and hope they do well, I just can't see 34 year old Anelka having that big an impact and he sure as hell won't replace the input Lukaku had there last season. But another season of mid-table is well and truly probable.

sms316
15th August 2013, 07:27 AM
Go Yoss!

LeftyHoges
15th August 2013, 07:28 AM
Go Yoss!

Another relegation candidate!

Jeffo1123
15th August 2013, 08:56 AM
How are 'Boro shaping up this year Jeffo?

Surrendered a 1-0 lead at home in first round to lose 2-1 but bounced back with an away win on Saturday.

I feel a lot rests on how our signings go. If they can be real good, I think we can challenge for promotion but TBH I can see us finishing just out of the promotion fight again....

LeftyHoges
15th August 2013, 05:27 PM
Surrendered a 1-0 lead at home in first round to lose 2-1 but bounced back with an away win on Saturday.

I feel a lot rests on how our signings go. If they can be real good, I think we can challenge for promotion but TBH I can see us finishing just out of the promotion fight again....

Still as inconsistent as ever then...

Some numbers and facts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E4gD6fuoheQ

LeftyHoges
16th August 2013, 09:09 AM

Bent having a medical for possible 12 month loan deal to Fulham.

Woody502
16th August 2013, 09:56 AM
I'm going for

Man City
Chelsea
Man Utd
Spurs

Hopefully Liverpool to finish bottom and be relegated.

More importantly Forest to win the Championship and tear up the Premier league next season! :)

KristianJ
16th August 2013, 12:33 PM
I just created a Fox Sports fantasy team and started an OZgolf league if anyone is interested.

League code is 9055-1579.

http://eplfantasy.foxsports.com.au/

LeftyHoges
17th August 2013, 02:58 PM
11 hours until Arsenals first loss of the season. Very excited!

kingslayer33
17th August 2013, 10:26 PM
Will probably jinx it but what the heck - we lead the league. Woohoo! Only time probably all year I'll get to say that.

LeftyHoges
18th August 2013, 01:23 AM
Seems Anthony Taylor has taken over from Mike Dean in giving away ridiculous penalties against Arsenal.

LeftyHoges
18th August 2013, 01:28 AM
What the ****!?!?

This ref is just a ****tard! In pure disbelief.

dc68
18th August 2013, 02:55 AM

LeftyHoges
18th August 2013, 03:06 AM

Can't blame us at least for that one DC, we didn't do much wrong. Ref was an absolute ****ing disgrace. No penalty given (which it clearly wasn't as Villa didn't even appeal for it!) and 11 men on the pitch (not even sure how Koscielny even got a card at all for that, let alone a second) and we beat them.

On a positive side at least this might force Wengers hand to strengthen the squad similar to the 8-2 V ManUtd a few years ago. On the negative side, who the **** is gonna play CB next weekend?

WBennett
18th August 2013, 08:18 AM
11 hours until Arsenals first loss of the season. Very excited!

VILLA

After copping a squillion horrible decisions last year, it was nice to be on the happy end of rubbish refereeing.

#vtid

meh
18th August 2013, 10:13 AM
Lefty, nice opening post. Chelski will win followed closely by man city and then the scum. Liverpool will easily finish above Everton, very easily.
Hopefully stoke will go down, good chance with Hughes in charge.

kingslayer33
18th August 2013, 04:25 PM
Does anybody else struggle to attribute which team is 'scum' in any particular post? As I read it, it can be any of about 5 teams depending on which is your team.

Still reckon the best name is the 'monkey-hangers' and the back story that goes with it of course.

meh
18th August 2013, 10:57 PM
Does anybody else struggle to attribute which team is 'scum' in any particular post? As I read it, it can be any of about 5 teams depending on which is your team.

Still reckon the best name is the 'monkey-hangers' and the back story that goes with it of course.

Really? I thought you either followed man ure or you despised them. Perhaps being a Liverpool supporter makes the hatred stronger.

WBennett
22nd August 2013, 06:52 AM
Hapoy now Lefty. VILLA robbed of a 50/50 penalty against Chelski that would have allowed Benteke on the spot with a couple of minutes left. Crap refereeing evens out for the non 'big clubs'.

LeftyHoges
22nd August 2013, 11:07 AM
Hapoy now Lefty. VILLA robbed of a 50/50 penalty against Chelski that would have allowed Benteke on the spot with a couple of minutes left. Crap refereeing evens out for the non 'big clubs'.

Couldn't be any more unhappy Benno. Shit like this has to stop. Although at least yours 'evens out'. We're a ****ing mile, a league behind, even.

Let's look at it all:
* Ivanovic gets to stay on the pitch so what should have been a red card & 3 games out is not, and he's free to face ManU next week.
* He then scores a clearly offside goal, to give Chelsea the lead & eventually three points.
* Can't find any video footage but everything I've read says it's anything but 50-50, easily a penalty for handball against Terry (everyones favourite :roll:) not given, so Villa are denied a chance at a fair win. (Which Saturdays result was not)

So instead of Villa being (potentially) on top of the table they now have 3 points, which I believe is what they actually should have, they just came from the wrong game.
Chelsea now sit on top and instead of being weakened by the absence of Ivanovic and possible yellow card to Terry, they get.... nothing. No disadvantage what-so-ever and are helped hugely.

I've got to ask, what is it about Stamford Bridge that makes linesmen not able to see offsides properly? I recall at least a handful of these incidents happening there last season (3 in one game!), all in Chelseas favour. In this one Ivanovic even ****ing started in an offside position, how the **** do you get THAT wrong?

Incidentally, it is funny seeing all the reactions on Twitter of Lambert not seeing the irony of complaining about refereeing decisions after Saturday! :lol:

LeftyHoges
2nd September 2013, 03:00 AM
Ah hmm hmm...

Arsenal.

That is all.

dc68
2nd September 2013, 05:58 AM
How does that chant go?

Oh yeah,1 nil to the Arsenal,1 nil to the Arsenal.....

kingslayer33
2nd September 2013, 06:28 AM
Go the 'pool. Still top of the table after three games. Miracle! A little bit of a worry - three goals scored.

meh
2nd September 2013, 07:49 AM
Go the 'pool. Still top of the table after three games. Miracle! A little bit of a worry - three goals scored.

Awesome stuff. 3 for 3without the best player.

Talk about mata to arsenal must be making lefty happy, he's a great player.

LeftyHoges
2nd September 2013, 08:21 AM
Awesome stuff. 3 for 3without the best player.

Talk about mata to arsenal must be making lefty happy, he's a great player.

I've thought it for a while, Suarez is a disruption to that side. While no win you've had so far has been pretty, you've functioned well as a team. Suarez will disrupt it upon his return. You'd be better off selling him to Real Madrid.

As for Mata, yes, I would be excited if it was gonna happen, no chance in hell it will though. Same with any other high profile signing. MAYBE Di Maria but of all the high profile guys we've been matched with he's probably the least needed for our squad. Mata should've been ours two years ago until those thieving plastics Chelski threw a truckload of money at him.

Will see the carnage that follows Bales transfer though. Should be fun to watch.

LeftyHoges
3rd September 2013, 08:41 AM
Holy shit, we have Mesut Ozil. Just smashed our transfer record by 250%.

LeftyHoges
12th September 2013, 12:01 PM
Seems we can no longer call Tottenham fans "Yids", despite them happily using it themselves!

Stupid English FA.

PerryGroves
12th September 2013, 03:08 PM
Seems we can no longer call Tottenham fans "Yids".

Won't stop me

LeftyHoges
12th September 2013, 03:15 PM
Won't stop me

Me either! ;-)

Damn Yids!

LeftyHoges
23rd September 2013, 12:52 AM
Five games for four 3-1 results. Top of the league. Very happy. Just trying to rack up as many results as we can so we don't fall too far behind in December. 5 points in that month will be a very good effort.

On the plus side, it'll be a damn good feeling not to be out of the title race by October for once.

Jerry Springer
23rd September 2013, 06:38 AM
Up the mighty Saints, 1-0 away is three very precious points. Boruc is a deadset gun, and we are no longer a team based around Lambert.

Oh yes, and we are above ManU :)

Di Canio sacked after 5 games.... Possibly a little harsh?

LeftyHoges
23rd September 2013, 09:43 AM
Up the mighty Saints, 1-0 away is three very precious points. Boruc is a deadset gun, and we are no longer a team based around Lambert.

Oh yes, and we are above ManU :)

Di Canio sacked after 5 games.... Possibly a little harsh?

Did us a huge favour there too, much appreciated Southampton.

Has he been done? Geez, that is harsh. Sunderland have quite possibly THE toughest draw I've seen, playing virtually only the big guys at home and the littler guys away for the first half of the season. 15 points at Christmas would have been a great effort. They could easily rack up 40 points in the second half.

Jerry Springer
23rd September 2013, 11:22 PM
Mesut Ozil looks seriously good, and Flamini goes alright for a free transfer. Crowded midfield at Arsenal all of a sudden!

LeftyHoges
23rd September 2013, 11:27 PM
Mesut Ozil looks seriously good, and Flamini goes alright for a free transfer. Crowded midfield at Arsenal all of a sudden!

Ozil is absolutely world class. 4 assists in 2 games already. Worth every £.

Flamini had a break-through season in a 2-man swing with Fabregas before he left and was a huge loss. Marshals the defence SO WELL and while he's probably only got 2 or 3 seasons left in him he's fantastic value for free and is the player we needed since (and probably before) Song left.

As for the crowded midfield, we've always got enough injuries that we're still short on match day! ;-)

dc68
24th September 2013, 11:28 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/24/eje6u9y9.jpg

Like!!

LeftyHoges
24th September 2013, 11:33 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/24/eje6u9y9.jpg

Like!!

Would much prefer an order something like this:
1. Arsenal

16. Liverpool
17. Man City
18. Man Utd
19. Chelsea
20. Tottenham

dc68
24th September 2013, 12:38 PM
ManUre not on the 1st page is great.

dc68
24th September 2013, 12:43 PM
Did you hear that Cardiff fans had a chant of "you're only a bus stop in Arsenal" going during the Spurs game?

Gold.

LeftyHoges
24th September 2013, 03:11 PM
Did you hear that Cardiff fans had a chant of "you're only a bus stop in Arsenal" going during the Spurs game?

Gold.

Had not.

That is f'in hilarious.

LeftyHoges
7th October 2013, 05:09 AM
Had to triple check that Spurs - West Ham result, refused to believe it could be true. Very, VERY nice Irons.

Bit of a shame that our winning run has come to an end but certainly no shame in a draw at The Hawthorns. Still top of the table but certainly a chance missed to step on the throats of some big guns early in the season.

mike
21st October 2013, 10:08 PM
Arsenal's opening goal v Norwich. Wow wow wow.

How do you defend against that?

Go the gooners.

LeftyHoges
21st October 2013, 10:13 PM
Arsenal's opening goal v Norwich. Wow wow wow.

How do you defend against that?

Go the gooners.

I damn near wet myself with excitement when I saw that.

Cannot defend against that.

mike
21st October 2013, 10:45 PM
I canned Foxtel a couple of weeks ago. May have to hook it up again if this continues. Sitting pretty at the top.

LeftyHoges
21st October 2013, 10:49 PM
I canned Foxtel a couple of weeks ago. May have to hook it up again if this continues. Sitting pretty at the top.

I wouldn't bother Mike. Between now and Christmas we play Man Utd, Liverpool, Southampton, Chelsea, Everton and Man City. A run that should see us back into about 5th by its end.

Lucasto23
22nd October 2013, 12:21 AM
Surley the gooners can't lose to Southampton or has it been that long since I cared about the EPL :)

LeftyHoges
22nd October 2013, 08:28 AM
Surley the gooners can't lose to Southampton or has it been that long since I cared about the EPL :)

They have 15 points from 8 games, currently sit 5th and have beaten Liverpool at Anfield and drew with Man Utd at Old Trafford. Certainly a danger game.

PerryGroves
22nd October 2013, 08:36 AM
I wouldn't bother Mike. Between now and Christmas we play Man Utd, Liverpool, Southampton, Chelsea, Everton and Man City. A run that should see us back into about 5th by its end.

C'mon son lift a little, whilst its a daunting run, it is less so than before. United away (hardly what it was), both of the scouse and Chelski at home. I'm confident albeit I hated the weak goal they gave away to Norwich. As always, better than being a spud.

LeftyHoges
22nd October 2013, 08:53 AM
C'mon son lift a little, whilst its a daunting run, it is less so than before. United away (hardly what it was), both of the scouse and Chelski at home. I'm confident albeit I hated the weak goal they gave away to Norwich. As always, better than being a spud.

Sorry Perry, you've had longer supporting us (which I suppose is also not necessarily a good thing in some ways) but I'm a little bit of a pessimistic Gooner. I had 8 or 9 years of winning some trophies when I first started while I've also had 8 now of not. Tie that in with league titles we should have won in 02-03 & 07-08, CC two years ago, and CL final in 06 and I tend to believe we are a club that throws things away.

Yeah, that type of goal seems a bit commonplace with us, Szczesny should have done better IMO.

And even being a Sunderland fan this year is better than being a Spud. (Sorry Haysey!)

dc68
23rd October 2013, 07:45 AM
I am disappoint.dominated the 2nd half.

LeftyHoges
23rd October 2013, 09:55 AM
I am disappoint.dominated the 2nd half.

I am not surprise.

PerryGroves
23rd October 2013, 10:07 AM
Mmmmmm, at home as well. Lefty, I blame you.

Gotta say, I kinda find it hard to dislike Boz, seems a funny bloke, Ferguson not so complimentary http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2471458/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-book-Mark-Bosnich-terrible-professional.html

LeftyHoges
23rd October 2013, 10:21 AM
Mmmmmm, at home as well. Lefty, I blame you.

Gotta say, I kinda find it hard to dislike Boz, seems a funny bloke, Ferguson not so complimentary http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2471458/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-book-Mark-Bosnich-terrible-professional.html

We're solid at the back for 80 minutes, but always lapse. Clean sheets are a rarity because 80% of the time we switch off (the other 20% are taken up by 10% stupid 'keeper mistakes, more prone in the Almunia era, or 10% wonder goal that said player would never score again in 10 years. See Danny Rose & David Bentley for proof) and let the opposition score. We switched off on the counter and got penalised by an equal (some might say better) team. No surprise there.

As for Boz, well he seems a loveable scamp, but I think the coke hasn't receded from his brain yet at times.

KristianJ
23rd October 2013, 11:43 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Sir fails to mention Massimo Taibi in any way, shape or form...

LeftyHoges
23rd October 2013, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Sir fails to mention Massimo Taibi in any way, shape or form...

:lol:

As much as the mans a whinging bastard this has the potential to be a great read.

TourFit
24th October 2013, 01:02 AM
Lefty...I think you should be hollering from the rooftops that you are a Gooner!

That first goal against Norwich was sublime. I watched it 5 times and my jaw did not move at all (a rarity for me). They woul;d be disappoint with the Dortmund game at home, but credit to them they are a very talented side.

Arsenal with Ozil are a completely different unit... but I wonder ultimately if they have the depth, especially if Flamini gets hurt (will Arteta drop deeper?) or if Giroud is out. I also think that they are lacking one top central defender. Mertesacker has done better this season, but is prone to the howler and lacks pace. Koscielny just plain scares me!

It is a VERY open league at the minute, and the January window will be fascinating!

I AM EXCITE

KristianJ
26th October 2013, 10:44 PM
Surely it will rain goals at Selhurst, and Aaron Ramsey will score one of them...

LeftyHoges
26th October 2013, 11:36 PM
Surely it will rain goals at Selhurst, and Aaron Ramsey will score one of them...

As I suspected, Palace have parked the bus, but are playing particularly well on the counter. Could be good value for a goal.

LeftyHoges
27th October 2013, 01:45 AM
That sending off is just bullshit. Chamakh fouls Arteta just as much and is 60 yards from goal. How is that last man when both of them are about as quick as a sloth running through golden syrup?

Shadesy
27th October 2013, 12:01 PM
Suarez and Sturridge put on a clinic!

TourFit
27th October 2013, 03:27 PM
Sure did.

The Suarez header from 18yds was a great goal, but Sturridges' was all class. Almost Rooney-like! :-s

Shadesy
27th October 2013, 03:34 PM
Sure did. The Suarez header from 18yds was a great goal, but Sturridges' was all class. Almost Rooney-like! :-s The chip was almost the 3rd best goal!! The run and nutmeg on the first was sublime... He beat two and then just let it roll on through.. The header from the top of the box was almost as good as A strike. The chip was pure class though...

dc68
27th October 2013, 09:02 PM

FFS. Don't tell me you support Arsenal?

2-0 to the Arsenal.

LeftyHoges
27th October 2013, 09:58 PM
FFS. Don't tell me you support Arsenal?

2-0 to the Arsenal.

The bastard was there for the 1-0 home win against Man City early last year. Arteta's 87th minute strike.

dc68
27th October 2013, 10:01 PM
Was worried they were going to let the equaliser in last night. Thank F*** it was only Palace.

LeftyHoges
27th October 2013, 10:03 PM
Was worried they were going to let the equaliser in last night. Thank F*** it was only Palace.

Yep. Hell of a save from Szczesny to keep us in it. Great 2nd goal though.

dc68
27th October 2013, 10:05 PM
Probably should have been at least one if not 2 more to us though.

KristianJ
27th October 2013, 10:14 PM

Szceszny's save of Jedinak's volley was a game changer.

Big fortnight ahead though, especially next Sunday morning. I'll be setting the alarm for 4:30am.

Icestorm959
29th October 2013, 05:00 PM
Good win for Chelsea. Joe Hart is playing like a muppet at the moment

LeftyHoges
4th November 2013, 01:41 AM
Aaron.

****ing.

Ramsey.

When will he stop?!

First player to 10 goals in all competitions for Arsenal this season, in only 16 appearances.

The same guy who had 14 in 182 appearances prior to this.

meh
4th November 2013, 06:59 AM
At least he's not Jordan ****ing Henderson! :(
How good was carzolas finish?
Nice hometown decision, too.

LeftyHoges
4th November 2013, 11:11 AM
At least he's not Jordan ****ing Henderson! :(
How good was carzolas finish?
Nice hometown decision, too.

I was screaming at Arteta to come across and close him down. Can't believe he fluffed the shot that badly.

Cazorlas finish was top notch. Notice how both his and Ramsey's goals had to be inch perfect. You've got a very decent keeper there in Mignolet. Made a lot of good saves.

Icestorm959
6th November 2013, 10:19 AM
Arsenal are gonna win the league at this rate!

LeftyHoges
6th November 2013, 12:24 PM

Shut up, shut up, shut up!

You'll definitely mozz it, saying shit like that.

PerryGroves
7th November 2013, 08:45 AM
It's not EPL but a fantastic win for the Gooners in Dortmund, that man Aaron Ramsey again.

Lefty, maybe we need our own thread. We could probably have "In Arsene we Believe" but I dont want Yoss and Lubin squabbling in the thread.

KristianJ
7th November 2013, 09:01 AM
That's why I would prefer "The Wenger bus is coming".

Lucasto23
7th November 2013, 09:57 AM
About fricken time, he has given us a very lean run prior to this current campaign

LeftyHoges
7th November 2013, 10:19 AM
25 minutes for Arsenal to hold on to a 0-1 lead in Germany.

I wasn't that frickin nervous on my wedding day!

LeftyHoges
7th November 2013, 10:23 AM
About fricken time, he has given us a very lean run prior to this current campaign

I can forgive him for that now. Plus he was being played majorly out of position.

He's turning out better than the player he promised to be prior to the leg-break.

Do we all remember this photo and how silly we all look now when we were kind of upset that Ramsey was included in this lot?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/07/5uza9yma.jpg

dc68
7th November 2013, 09:46 PM

What Lefty said!!!!

Lucasto23
8th November 2013, 12:24 AM
I can forgive him for that now. Plus he was being played majorly out of position. He's turning out better than the player he promised to be prior to the leg-break.Do we all remember this photo and how silly we all look now when we were kind of upset that Ramsey was included in this lot?http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/07/5uza9yma.jpg Yeah, it's nice to see the guy really take off and opening the check book this year is paying off as well. The new stadium did restrict our buying of talent but then wenger also ran out of French recruits ;)

LeftyHoges
11th November 2013, 05:25 AM
**** you Van Pursestrings, you traitorous Dutch ****. Nothing like lucking one in off your shoulder.

Good to see United still getting the balance of the 50:50 decisions too, very little changes at Old Trafford no matter the manager. A draw would've been a far fairer result.

Shadesy
11th November 2013, 03:20 PM
Good result :-)

LeftyHoges
11th November 2013, 03:25 PM
Good result :-)

**** you!

LeftyHoges
25th November 2013, 11:43 AM
Any weekend that has the Spuds losing 6-0 is a good weekend, but with the exception of Chelsea beating West Ham (for some reason I had a hunch the hammers might have managed to draw that) that was a damn good weekend of results for us.

We SHOULD be able to knock off Cardiff next weekend and with ManU playing Tottenham, and Chelsea playing Southampton hopefully some points will be shared there. Liverpool at Hull is the sort of game they've thrown away in the past also.

Man City more up and down than a prostitutes knickers right now so who knows what they'll do next weekend.

Anyhoo, 4 point gap re-established, lets beat Marseille on Wednesday to all but secure our Champions League spot please.

dc68
1st December 2013, 02:40 AM
Aaron ****ing Ramsey again Lefty!!!!

LeftyHoges
1st December 2013, 02:04 PM
Aaron ****ing Ramsey again Lefty!!!!

The boy just never stops.

Shadesy
1st December 2013, 11:22 PM
Kyle Walkers having a better weekend than Paul.

Shadesy
1st December 2013, 11:32 PM

Errrrt

LeftyHoges
1st December 2013, 11:50 PM

Errrrt

That was a pretty damn good free kick, but the assist was better.

LeftyHoges
2nd December 2013, 12:55 AM
Brilliant result. That does absolutely ****-all for either side.

LeftyHoges
2nd December 2013, 08:23 AM
Ah, Liverpool.

Nothing has changed really, has it?

Icestorm959
2nd December 2013, 11:50 AM
Chelsea clear second! We'll catch you by mid January I reckon. Injuries has always been Arsenal's Achilles heel.

LeftyHoges
2nd December 2013, 12:56 PM
Chelsea clear second! We'll catch you by mid January I reckon. Injuries has always been Arsenal's Achilles heel.

We should be OK, we have depth in all areas except for a central striker. Which should get addressed in January.

Shadesy
2nd December 2013, 01:01 PM
Ah, Liverpool.

hmmm Doesnt seem like it.

They are a mess down back...

meh
2nd December 2013, 01:10 PM
Ah, Liverpool.

No :(

LeftyHoges
5th December 2013, 08:30 AM
Villa currently leading 3-2 over Southampton with 4 shots on target (6 in total) and 23% possession.

That is an absolute mugging.

LeftyHoges
8th December 2013, 10:51 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/08/uharyze4.jpg

dc68
9th December 2013, 05:32 PM
I see the talk is Robin Van Turncoat is not happy.... Sucked in ****!!! Would we have him back?

bdoug10
9th December 2013, 07:36 PM
I think you would but doubt his ego would let him. On a side note go Liverpool!

LeftyHoges
10th December 2013, 10:15 AM
I see the talk is Robin Van Turncoat is not happy.... Sucked in ****!!! Would we have him back?

Not in a million ****ing years DC!

Traitorous Dutch ****.

PerryGroves
10th December 2013, 12:00 PM

Not in a million ****ing years DC!

Traitorous Dutch ****.

Ummmm, I would, don't hate me Lefty. :smt087

He would need to be contrite and admit his failings as a human being. Perhaps he could claim it was temporary insanity that made him leave Nth London for Manure.

KristianJ
16th December 2013, 10:19 PM
AVB gooooorn!

Pencil
16th December 2013, 10:22 PM
About time

Yossarian
17th December 2013, 12:14 PM
Go Storm!

LeftyHoges
17th December 2013, 01:42 PM
AVB gooooorn!

I think that's very short-sighted.

8081travis
17th December 2013, 01:43 PM
As is Steve Clarke gone from WBA, ruthless

LeftyHoges
17th December 2013, 01:46 PM
As is Steve Clarke gone from WBA, ruthless

Yep. Jol from Fulham is understandable, as was Di Canio from Sunderland. But AVB and Clarke are on the strange side.

Especially when the favourite to replace AVB is Capello! :lol:

There was a rumour of Hiddink, but I don't believe that for a second.

KristianJ
17th December 2013, 01:50 PM
Gary Lineker is apparently wanting Glenn Hoddle back there. :lol:

I did see a stat that for the calendar year WBA only have a 20% win ratio and have only taken 34 points from all games. But still, Clarke being shown the door is a tad baffling.

LeftyHoges
17th December 2013, 05:48 PM
Gary Lineker is apparently wanting Glenn Hoddle back there. :lol:

I did see a stat that for the calendar year WBA only have a 20% win ratio and have only taken 34 points from all games. But still, Clarke being shown the door is a tad baffling.

And those 34 points are mainly from Lukaku last season, but you can't do a hell of a lot with that squad, of which little blame should be attached to Clarke.

KristianJ
17th December 2013, 09:46 PM
Indeed...I'm looking back at what I predicted about WBA and thinking about how stupid I look now. :lol:

5 managers gone now and could easily be more to come, whether it be sackings or headhunting. I'm just waiting for Harry Redknapp's next triumphant return to Spurs...

BTW, some cracking ties in the Champs League. Barca/City should be tight.

Pencil
17th December 2013, 10:32 PM
I'd like to see Spurs end up with Laudrup, but even Swansea in Europe this year so I don't see him leaving.

LeftyHoges
27th December 2013, 04:23 AM
Thank **** for that! :roll:

We'll done Sunderland, a good win there.

Looking forward to Man Chitty V 'Pool.

LeftyHoges
27th December 2013, 06:23 AM
Hmmm, Liverpool decent but certainly didn't take their chances. Probably should've been a draw.

WBennett
27th December 2013, 07:08 AM
Villa can go **** themselves again.

dc68
27th December 2013, 07:43 AM
Good to see Podolski back

LeftyHoges
27th December 2013, 11:38 AM

Your boys are on the slide. 0 wins in 4, is it now? Don't want to get gobbled up by that chasing pack. Benteke now 12+ hours without a goal.

Good to see Podolski back

Agreed.

Courty
27th December 2013, 03:40 PM

Mr Twaterhouse gave me a bonus bet which I promptly dropped on the HT/FT result being Draw/ Crystal @ $9.10. 8)

LeftyHoges
2nd January 2014, 04:14 AM
Well thank **** for that.

Bendtner, you may be a tool, but all is forgiven.

Well, until you go and do something stupid again at least.

LeftyHoges
2nd January 2014, 04:24 AM
Also just read that ManUre haven't conceded a penalty in the Premier League in 76 games (the equivalent of 2 full seasons).

Looked after much?

EDIT: oh, and look at that, Howard Webb refereeing. Win guaranteed then.

Courty
2nd January 2014, 09:01 AM
Go Villa. 8)

Bruce Dickinson
2nd January 2014, 10:32 AM
We're ****ed at Upton Park.
how much does Setanta cost as its championship viewing next season

LeftyHoges
2nd January 2014, 10:36 AM
The disgraceful thing is there's three more obvious candidates for relegation than Crystal Palace.

That should never have happened in 1000 years.

LeftyHoges
3rd January 2014, 06:44 PM
Pure Gold!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/03/e6a4edu7.jpg

LeftyHoges
7th January 2014, 03:42 PM

Walcott out for six months (includes world cup), Bendtner out for all of January, Giroud looking very tired, Podolski completely incapable of leading the line, Sanogo made of balsa wood.

Ask me this question again?

:-(

Lemo
7th January 2014, 10:08 PM
Gunners really need to spend in the transfer window, Man City just have so much depth.

LeftyHoges
7th January 2014, 10:25 PM
Gunners really need to spend in the transfer window, Man City just have so much depth.

Man City have two squads that should be top of the league, and then another that could be sitting mid table.

Chelsea killed the game, Man City are pissing on the corpse.

Lemo
8th January 2014, 07:50 PM
Man City have two squads that should be top of the league, and then another that could be sitting mid table.Chelsea killed the game, Man City are pissing on the corpse. Agreed

LeftyHoges
10th January 2014, 02:35 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/10/qege4a6a.jpg

#suckitspuds

rough_rider
12th January 2014, 10:16 AM
so united finally bag a win, thanks god. and sunderlund crush fulham...damn i had my multi the other way around :(

rough_rider
12th January 2014, 12:53 PM
hammers screwed my multi week before last with the draw to west brom.. $10 multi in $1875... :( sad days.

LeftyHoges
12th January 2014, 01:17 PM
hammers screwed my multi week before last with the draw to west brom.. $10 multi in $1875... :( sad days.

There's no way in hell I'd be betting on the Hammers in any game this year. Up and down like a whores drawers.

rough_rider
12th January 2014, 01:57 PM
my multis always consist of 4-5 easy wins and a long shot, they were my long shot and were looking ok....a$$holes

rough_rider
13th January 2014, 07:06 PM
last nights games, wow...newcastle cit was a great game. Newcaslty after the disallowed goal were intance...wanted it so badly.

suarez steps up agin bags a double...this seasons a cracker...wish my lads (UTD) would pull their finger out...

LeftyHoges
13th January 2014, 08:35 PM
last nights games, wow...newcastle cit was a great game. Newcaslty after the disallowed goal were intance...wanted it so badly.

suarez steps up agin bags a double...this seasons a cracker...wish my lads (UTD) would pull their finger out...

I think your boys are in trouble. Everton and Spurs are still playing well enough to keep them out of the top 6, let alone catching 'pool, Chelsea, City and Arsenal.

Suarez may well score 40 and win the golden boot by 20.

rough_rider
13th January 2014, 08:51 PM
thats true, doesnt help our main triker is injured -.- desperatly need rooney and RVP back asap!

KristianJ
13th January 2014, 09:29 PM
Well Moyes was spotted at a Juve game overnight scouting out goodness knows who...could have been everyone on the pitch for all I know. :lol:

LeftyHoges
13th January 2014, 09:40 PM
thats true, doesnt help our main triker is injured -.- desperatly need rooney and RVP back asap!

Be thankful you got one good season out of RVP. It's all we got in 8 years.

Well Moyes was spotted at a Juve game overnight scouting out goodness knows who...could have been everyone on the pitch for all I know. :lol:

Bahahaha!

rough_rider
13th January 2014, 11:05 PM
id piss myself if moyes was looking at trying to get pogba back at united....that would be badass.

LeftyHoges
13th January 2014, 11:34 PM
id piss myself if moyes was looking at trying to get pogba back at united....that would be badass.

Pretty sure Pogba is headed to PSG. Sounds like the deal has been done.

Good ol' Fergie. Missed a trick there.

rough_rider
13th January 2014, 11:38 PM
sure did, he hated fergie for not playing him.. be interesting...its been said moyes is getting rid of anderson and young. we nee someone to dom midfield and another striker..

LeftyHoges
13th January 2014, 11:42 PM
Yep, Anderson never got close to his potential and Young should never have got into a Utd shirt to begin with.

I honestly think Moyes has copped a bum wrap, inheriting an aging squad past it's potential and be expected to work miracles with it.

rough_rider
13th January 2014, 11:47 PM
thats true, what confuses me is why did fergie retire? hes at every game anyways?!?!?!

PerryGroves
13th January 2014, 11:55 PM
thats true, what confuses me is why did fergie retire? hes at every game anyways?!?!?!

Rough, the answer to most if not all questions about Ferguson is, "he's a ****".

This is Leftys thread but if you are another of the nouveau ManUre, you might get a fair serve in a year when you dont finish above the Spuds.

LeftyHoges
13th January 2014, 11:56 PM

Fair point though. I think he knew his squad was shot and had squeezed every last bit out of them that he could. He bought RVP last year as he knew he was retiring and it didn't matter that the bloke was the shortest-term solution going round. Wanted to win one more and bugger off before what's happened this year happened to him.

I'll give him that credit, he's a cunning old ****.

rough_rider
14th January 2014, 12:01 AM
hahaha so im not allowed to comment cos like man u? haha

i agree with fergie thing, but garantee if they didnt win last year he would still be there..

LeftyHoges
14th January 2014, 12:25 AM
We've just signed a new Central Defender from Ajax, a Dutch international. Happy days!

The player in question is....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/13/7e8equ3y.jpg

rough_rider
14th January 2014, 12:31 AM
whos we? haha

LeftyHoges
14th January 2014, 12:38 AM
whos we? haha

Arsenal.

rough_rider
14th January 2014, 12:43 AM
ahh quality. performing well this season...great football.

KristianJ
14th January 2014, 12:48 AM
The player in question is....

The polar opposite of Arsenal's greatest #6 in the appearance department.

rough_rider
14th January 2014, 01:11 AM
lol.

geez Reus would be a nice signing but not looking hopeful.

rough_rider
15th January 2014, 01:05 AM
well, Anderson is gone to fiorentina...one down one to go..

meh
15th January 2014, 12:38 PM
well, Anderson is gone to fiorentina...one down one to go..

Robbie Savage had an article saying they should get rid of more than 10. I think his number is closer than two.

rough_rider
15th January 2014, 12:47 PM
United need a big overhaul

LeftyHoges
15th January 2014, 12:48 PM
The problem with getting rid of players at ManU is they might not be able to get any replacements. Debt-ridden, out of CL spots for now and a low-profile manager. Who would want to go there?

rough_rider
15th January 2014, 04:01 PM
thats true, but we only know the top soil of it, garanteed fergie is in the back ground lingering, he would have some affect as to who to sign id think for sure.

bdoug10
15th January 2014, 05:52 PM
Liverpool!!!

LeftyHoges
15th January 2014, 06:35 PM
Liverpool!!!

Liverpool what?

bdoug10
15th January 2014, 06:38 PM
Are great

KristianJ
15th January 2014, 06:46 PM
Liverpool what?

Lost 2-0 at the Emirates earlier in the season...

KristianJ
15th January 2014, 09:28 PM
Oh, and we're halfway through the January window and it feels like an eBay auction. A whole heap of watchers and no action until the last few hours...

rough_rider
15th January 2014, 09:31 PM
so frustrating, garantee utd get no one, tho its good to see jesse lingard back from loan, boys quality. also lets face it, chickenpool are nothing without the human eating machine.

WBennett
15th January 2014, 10:34 PM
Rr, the best thing about this soccer thread was the lack of man u dicks posting in it. Please keep if that way :)

#vtid

LeftyHoges
15th January 2014, 10:40 PM
Rr, the best thing about this soccer thread was the lack of man u dicks posting in it. Please keep if that way :)

#vtid

Brilliant. :mrgreen:

rough_rider
15th January 2014, 10:48 PM
football*

rough_rider
23rd January 2014, 03:54 PM
Well, seems like Juan Mata is about set a done deal to united for $37mil pounds. but, if rooney and rvp come back, its obvious rvp will be at the top with roonet playing the #10 behind him...where will mata fit in?...

LeftyHoges
23rd January 2014, 04:51 PM
I'd say he's a future buy. RVP will spend more games out then in, then will retire. Rooney goes up top, Mata slots in.

Just a guess though.

3Puttpete
23rd January 2014, 05:25 PM
Man City bought Melbourne Heart? What's all that about?

BUSHY
23rd January 2014, 05:27 PM
Man City bought Melbourne Heart? What's all that about?

Got it for a relative bargain.

rough_rider
26th January 2014, 01:10 PM
mata in, this should be good...

LeftyHoges
26th January 2014, 01:21 PM
mata in, this should be good...

That hasn't been your trouble. He doesn't help solve your problem much.

Yossarian
26th January 2014, 01:44 PM
football*

Soccer.

rough_rider
26th January 2014, 02:42 PM
Soccer.

football*

never know, mata may help..

Yossarian
26th January 2014, 06:05 PM
Soccer. Please respect Australian culture on Australia Day.

Mata is a hack.

rough_rider
26th January 2014, 06:41 PM
actually, americans call it soccer, get your facts right. look at the teams that play A-league. melbourne heart FC sydney FC wellington pheonix FC.... ;)

Yossarian
26th January 2014, 06:45 PM
My facts are straight. Soccer.

WTF is a pheonix.

dc68
26th January 2014, 08:52 PM
+1 for soccer. I even have pommy mates who call it soccer.

KristianJ
30th January 2014, 10:55 PM

Sam Allardyce's 10-0-0 looks like it worked a treat. No wonder the Special One called it 19th century football. :lol:

PerryGroves
30th January 2014, 11:01 PM

Sam Allardyce's 10-0-0 looks like it worked a treat. No wonder the Special One called it 19th century football. :lol:

Should be in the things I like thread, that colossal knob Mourinho can't figure out how to beat the Hammers with millions of pounds of talent at his disposal, not to mention his superior management skills.

LeftyHoges
30th January 2014, 11:04 PM

I love it with every fibre of my being. Couldn't have happened to a bigger bellend and team of bellends.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/30/rave8u5a.jpg

rough_rider
31st January 2014, 10:24 AM
whats the mata chelsea?....couldnt score juan goal?.... :P

dc68
3rd February 2014, 03:32 PM

LeftyHoges
3rd February 2014, 03:40 PM

Oh DC, what are you doing to us?!

Have you not seen our next 9 league games?

We'll be lucky to still be in the top 4, let alone giving the finger to anyone!

Liverpool away, Man U, in-form Sunderland, away to Stoke, Swansea, away to Spuds and Chelsea, Man City, away to Everton.

In between we have to fit in a two-legged tie with Bayern Munich (the greatest team on the planet right now) and an FA cup match with Liverpool.

We should take max points from our last 5 league games but the damage will be well and truly done by then.

dc68
3rd February 2014, 03:44 PM
Oh Lefty... Ye of little faith. Who would have thought we would be in the top 2 come Feb anyway?

LeftyHoges
3rd February 2014, 03:46 PM
Oh Lefty... Ye of little faith. Who would have thought we would be in the top 2 come Feb anyway?

Exactly. It means the bubble has to burst at some point!

dc68
3rd February 2014, 03:47 PM
So it hardly matters what I say then.

LeftyHoges
3rd February 2014, 03:50 PM
So it hardly matters what I say then.

Beaten by DC's logic.

It's a sad day for all.

PerryGroves
3rd February 2014, 03:58 PM

Beaten by DC's logic.

It's a sad day for all.

Harden up boy, have another glass of that expired milk and go at him again.

Regardless of the potential fade (which is almost a lock unfortunately), there is never any issue giving it to the Spuds, anytime, period. Secondly I have endured so much ManUre rubbish over the years that I am happy for DC to give it to them in large humble pie portions, filth.

Now where is that room that Jaybam used to go.

dc68
3rd February 2014, 04:09 PM
Oh and it's good to see the Ox back and going well.

LeftyHoges
3rd February 2014, 04:11 PM
Oh and it's good to see the Ox back and going well.

Yeah that's true. If we're gonna get anywhere near through this we need the midfield to continue stepping up. Ramsey to start, then Wilshere, then Rosicky, then Cazorla back in form, now Ox.

Great to see. Long may it continue.

mike
3rd February 2014, 09:44 PM
For G69. He does like West Ham.

rough_rider
4th February 2014, 01:53 PM
woke up rather frustrated today with my local pub. i went in at 8pm last night to put $20 on chelsea to win 1-0 at $31. had a hunch for like a week and figured id give it a crack...they were closed at 8 when always open till 9 no matter what. screwed me out of $600... :(

LeftyHoges
4th February 2014, 02:04 PM
woke up rather frustrated today with my local pub. i went in at 8pm last night to put $20 on chelsea to win 1-0 at $31. had a hunch for like a week and figured id give it a crack...they were closed at 8 when always open till 9 no matter what. screwed me out of $600... :(

Don't know where you're getting 31/1 odds on a 0-1 scoreline from but if that's true then I'm going to your pub to put on all my bets. That scoreline would pay no more than $15 at absolute max, and that's stretching it.

Still would be a nice win but no way you're getting $600 back from $20.

LeftyHoges
4th February 2014, 02:08 PM
On my own side note had City as the last leg of my multi. They cost me $160 bucks plus my initial outlay ($30 I think from memory) but I've never been happier to lose money.

LeftyHoges
4th February 2014, 03:03 PM
I've never seen a 1-0 result in double figures in the EPL.

There we are, $11.50 (although I reckon that's pretty generous too), as no way would 1:0 City be paying $8.04 either.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/04/ajequsu9.jpg

rough_rider
4th February 2014, 03:23 PM
being tired and writing never helps, ment to write $13 lol not 31 and $260 haha fml.

KristianJ
7th February 2014, 01:20 PM
Some quality viewing on Fox on Sat night...

Doco with Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira at 10:10 that looks pretty interesting, then the Pool/Arse game at Anfield to follow.

rough_rider
7th February 2014, 01:51 PM
yeah that doco should be very good, should be a good night of football after aswell.

Yossarian
7th February 2014, 01:54 PM
Soccer.

rough_rider
7th February 2014, 03:07 PM
czll it what u want, will always be football.

dc68
7th February 2014, 05:35 PM
Is that a polish or Czech spelling of call?

rough_rider
7th February 2014, 09:52 PM
cech. like the keeper.

KristianJ
9th February 2014, 12:03 AM
Oh hell...

Lucasto23
9th February 2014, 12:05 AM
3 nil down to Liverpool is damn right embarrassing being a gooner right now :( what the freck is happening

KristianJ
9th February 2014, 12:08 AM
They'll bring up double figures...it's like playing FIFA 14 with the opposition at beginner level.

That's what you get when your only transfer window signing is a crocked midfielder.

dc68
9th February 2014, 12:25 AM
Oh shit.

rough_rider
9th February 2014, 12:51 AM
a mid fielder thats already injured...great signing haha far out best game!

jeffblaz
11th February 2014, 10:50 PM
encouraging with players like Raheem Stirling come to the fore... huge Liverpool fan here but must admit a little surprised at the 5-1 result, bookies would have been happy lol!

rough_rider
11th February 2014, 11:40 PM
liverpool did fantastic, didnt let the arsenal midfield have 2 secons on the ball, pressure pressure pressure, worked a mint.

LeftyHoges
12th February 2014, 09:59 AM
Victor Anichebe!!!

Well done West Brom, #suckit Chelski

meh
12th February 2014, 10:31 AM
Was wondering when you might be back in here...

LeftyHoges
12th February 2014, 10:49 AM
Was wondering when you might be back in here...

Didn't get to see any of the 'pool V Gooners match on Saturday night due to VIC champs. Clearly me watching is a requirement for them to win. I'll not be missing a match for the rest of the season! :lol:

KristianJ
12th February 2014, 11:02 AM
Didn't get to see any of the 'pool V Gooners match on Saturday night due to VIC champs. Clearly me watching is a requirement for them to win. I'll not be missing a match for the rest of the season! :lol: I guarantee you that you would have damaged things on Sat night.

LeftyHoges
12th February 2014, 11:52 AM
I guarantee you that you would have damaged things on Sat night.

Yeah, but that's not saying that much, I damage stuff when we only win 1-0. :lol:

meh
12th February 2014, 12:29 PM
Should have been 4-0 inside 12 odd minutes. Hopefully your lot will give it to man ure tomorrow.

LeftyHoges
13th February 2014, 07:19 AM
Jaysus, ManUre are defending so deep they're actually at Upton Park. And we still can't score!

Odds on getting picked off on the counter against them like we always do? $1.01.

rough_rider
13th February 2014, 10:17 AM
interesting scores to wake up to. good draw for united, liverpool get lucky and spurs rack a decent win.

meh
13th February 2014, 10:27 AM
Considering liverpool have toure starting they deserve some "luck". It would appear you are a man ure supporter and it hasn't dawned on you that you won many titles with lots and lots of last minute goals and bullshit penalties.

LeftyHoges
13th February 2014, 11:04 AM
Considering liverpool have toure starting they deserve some "luck". It would appear you are a man ure supporter and it hasn't dawned on you that you won many titles with lots and lots of last minute goals and bullshit penalties.

And one that should've been today and wasn't. Nothing new there either, Clattenburg.

rough_rider
13th February 2014, 03:18 PM

seems i hit a soft spot eh...no need to cry princess was just saying they got lucky, geez.

LeftyHoges
17th February 2014, 03:25 AM
It's great to see Sanogo getting a start but c'mon Wenger, pick your battles mate. Liverpool are making him look like a bystander.

dc68
17th February 2014, 08:14 AM
Nice win. I still keep hearing that RVP wants to come back. Anyone else?

LeftyHoges
17th February 2014, 08:38 AM
Nice win. I still keep hearing that RVP wants to come back. Anyone else?

Have read that from multiple sources. Allegedly Wenger met with his agent. Apparently unhappy with Sir Alex retiring despite promising not to, and believes Moyes' training regimen is contributing to his injuries.

I don't want him back and I think the split on him is pretty much 50:50. For £15m pound I don't think it will happen.

Icestorm959
17th February 2014, 09:28 AM
He's done. You guys got rid of him at a good price.

LeftyHoges
17th February 2014, 09:46 AM
He's done. You guys got rid of him at a good price.

That's always been my thought too. Wenger did the absolute right thing in my mind.

rough_rider
17th February 2014, 03:06 PM
I've seen this also, but also seen things saying he's finishing his career at united so who knows, also. Anyone that backed Liverpool to beat arsenal I laugh at you. Arsenal were always going to come out and win. Didn't watch the game but had that feeling they would win

LeftyHoges
17th February 2014, 03:10 PM
I've seen this also, but also seen things saying he's finishing his career at united so who knows, also. Anyone that backed Liverpool to beat arsenal I laugh at you. Arsenal were always going to come out and win. Didn't watch the game but had that feeling they would win

You certainly didn't see the game then, Arsenal we're definitely NOT always going to come out and win. Liverpool were the better side for the first 15 minutes until we pegged them back. We were lucky not to be a goal down before then though. Maybe slightly fortunate with a penalty call, but the first was soft and that's also what you get for being a diving little cheat Suarez. ANd then they were better for 70th-80th minutes too. If you forced me to at gun point to pick a winner I wouldn't have said us, especially when I saw we were starting with Sanogo. :shock:

rough_rider
17th February 2014, 03:12 PM
like i said didnt see the game, pretty much based it on the game from the weekend..anywho..

LeftyHoges
17th February 2014, 03:16 PM
like i said didnt see the game, pretty much based it on the game from the weekend..anywho..

The games on the weekend where we couldn't crack open a defence including Ferdinand, Evra and Smalling, and Liverpool showed huge spirit to come from behind twice away from home to win?

That spells Liverpool all day long to me too.

KristianJ
17th February 2014, 03:30 PM
At best I was thinking pre-game it might go to a replay at Anfield and we get done again. Clearly one eye on the Bayern game with a couple of fringe players starting...

LeftyHoges
17th February 2014, 03:43 PM
At best I was thinking pre-game it might go to a replay at Anfield and we get done again. Clearly one eye on the Bayern game with a couple of fringe players starting...

WTF is going on with Poldi, KJ? Rarely starts a game and when he does Wenger takes him off after 65-70. Surely something is awry there?

rough_rider
24th February 2014, 12:44 AM
anyone watching liverpool game? what a first goal!

Shadesy
24th February 2014, 01:16 AM
Frig sake. 5 goals in a half.

rough_rider
24th February 2014, 01:19 AM
such a good game to watch

LeftyHoges
22nd March 2014, 11:54 PM
Title challenge dissolved in 6 minutes.

KristianJ
23rd March 2014, 12:03 AM
Kieran Gibbs the fall guy?? :?

What is it with lunch time kick offs and Arsenal balls ups?

rough_rider
23rd March 2014, 12:07 AM
great game, but how for ref not over turn when chamberlain says it was me lol

KristianJ
23rd March 2014, 12:11 AM
Beats me.

In any case it should make the top 5 saves of the weekend.

LeftyHoges
23rd March 2014, 12:13 AM
Sucks even more considering it was missing by a foot.

KristianJ
23rd March 2014, 12:16 AM
Andre Schurrle is Stephen Curry.