PDA

View Full Version : Geo-dodging

Peter
14th August 2013, 05:27 AM
Simple questions - who does it, and what program do you use?

I'm very happy to pay for a quality service. I have a friend in the US that will let me use her home address (if needed for US stuff), but would also like to be able to pretend to be in Australia from time to time.

Also, how do you pay for product? Do you use your Australian credit card, or some other method (gift vouchers, paypal, etc).

Bruce
14th August 2013, 10:00 AM
I thought this would be about using location services to avoid people you don't want to bump into.

goughy
14th August 2013, 10:17 AM
I believe there is an app for that

Peter
14th August 2013, 03:26 PM
I thought this would be about using location services to avoid people you don't want to bump into.Tried that with the MIL and failed...

BenM
14th August 2013, 06:12 PM
It doesn't work. My father has followed me to the UK on holidays. Twice. God love him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Pirelli
14th August 2013, 06:19 PM
I've found some sites that require a credit card with a US billing address which makes getting around geo-blocks much harder. You'd probably have to use priceusa or a similar service for that.

markTHEblake
14th August 2013, 06:22 PM
There are several threads here already discussing these services and how they work is always on their websites.

Just use Google. You will find heaps of them

idgolfguy
14th August 2013, 07:43 PM
Shipito purchase on your behalf.

BenM
14th August 2013, 11:14 PM
I use HopShopGo for that sort of stuff, I think they're the same parent company as ShipItTo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2