PDA

View Full Version : SA: Nov/Dec - game somewhere to be decided!

nadg63
13th August 2013, 06:30 PM
Ok, even though the turn out for the last SA meet was pretty low I am optimistic/stupid enough to risk organising another one to see if it gets a better response!?

This side of Christmas would be good so looking at mid/late November till very early December, (should be in to the better weather by them also!?)

Before a date is picked, what are the feelings in regards to a course to choose? Now I live south of the city, (as do a few of the others), BUT some of you guys do live in the northern side of town, (HatchmanSS76 travelled all the way from Kapunda to play at Mt Compass on Sunday - top effort!). Have to admit I do not know what any of the courses up there are like as I have never played them. Where would people like/prefer to play?

Down here we have the likes of Victor, McCracken, Ladybay etc, up north I know of Tanunda Pines and Barossa, maybe Timinsa/Marcel could get us on to Royal Adelaide again, (but we are limited on numbers there), or we could go somewhere like Mt Barker, Murray Bridge which are kind of more central!?

Fire away, you provide me with the info and I'll work on it.

highballin
13th August 2013, 07:33 PM
Happy to go North seeing how Hatchman did the travelling this time. Also no one knows me around them there parts. Shouldn't be any wanted photos up there. :)

nadg63
13th August 2013, 07:55 PM
Happy to go North seeing how Hatchman did the travelling this time. Also no one knows me around them there parts. Shouldn't be any wanted photos up there. :)

:) :mrgreen:

golf2013
13th August 2013, 08:02 PM
I am up north but would be keen to play anywhere.

highballin
13th August 2013, 08:22 PM
What about Mt Osmond pretty central for everyone. Could we get on there ?

golf2013
13th August 2013, 08:29 PM
I would be keen for Mt Osmond.

marcel
13th August 2013, 09:20 PM
Happy to help out with RA if that's what's decided.

Played Gawler a couple of years ago, that was very good as a northern option

Hatchman
13th August 2013, 09:44 PM
I'm not fussed about the travel, I'll go just about anywhere for a game.

When I said anywhere I should have said anywhere but Murray Bridge please. It's on my never care to play again list with Oakbank.

Lady Bay, Victor, McCraken all good options down South.
Gawler, Nuriotpa and Tanunda Pines out North.
Mount Barker, Blackwood or Flagstaff Hill for some hills action. Not sure how we'd go getting on Blackwood. My uncle and his best mate who used to be part of my regular golfing crew from 10-12 years ago are both members at Flaggy and may be able to get us in on a Sunday, I can make some enquiries if need be.
Royal Adelaide would be a treat if doable. Dare I ask how much $.

marcel
13th August 2013, 10:03 PM
Royal Adelaide would be a treat if doable. Dare I ask how much $.

Somewhere from $60 - $80, honestly can't remember

Chilled
14th August 2013, 12:57 PM
Barossa is one that's forgotten at times. Quite a laid back and typical country course. Bit of a distance but if Tanunda is on the table then Barossa should be also. I'd love to play Gawler again....I reckon it's a great track, and not *toooooo* far.

There is also 9 hole penfield (you play 18 with some of the blocks shifted). Track is fine.

For me personally I'm not too keen on the tier 2's (but if the majority go with one of them then that's ok with me) - ie Blackwood, Tea Tree, The Vines, Westlakes, The Vines, Flaggy, Ozzy....as I already seem to play these quite a bit anyways. Tier 1's (Glenelg, Royal, Kooey, Grange) would be my preference if we could get on? Never get to play them that often.

Some of the courses people may not want to play but I'll mention them anyways: Thaxted, Highercoombe, Mount Lofty.

Other courses as an option for a Sunday: The Pat, Willunga (closer than Fleurieu)

Then there are the Victor/southern courses: Victor, McCracken, South Lakes (always love to play this course!), Wirrina (enjoy this one as well), Lady Bay (probably my preference for a south course).

Really depends on how far people want to travel and what sort of course they want (Tier 1/Tier 2 or country).

highballin
14th August 2013, 01:54 PM
I don't mind travelling anywhere for a game. If we went south would love to play Lady Bay as I've heard such good things about the course.

nadg63
14th August 2013, 05:51 PM
Course poll now up!

Chris32
15th August 2013, 01:32 PM
Keen, weekend of the 22nd/23rd I've got plans already

golf2013
15th August 2013, 08:52 PM
As I am a member of Barossa and former member of gawler I am keen for lady bay.

nadg63
15th August 2013, 08:55 PM
Lady Bay is looking the hot favourite at the mo!

Most likely date I'm thinking is Sunday December 1st, all OK with that?

Chilled
15th August 2013, 09:05 PM
Lady Bay is a great choice guys. Dec 1st ok for me, at this stage.

Drummond Club Members (I'm one) can get a 2 for 1 green deal if playing after 12pm on either saturday or sunday.

highballin
15th August 2013, 11:11 PM
Lady Bay is looking the hot favourite at the mo!

Most likely date I'm thinking is Sunday December 1st, all OK with that?

Good for me.

LeftyHoges
16th August 2013, 12:03 PM
Travel to Mt Gambier? I'll be there! :lol:

Hatchman
16th August 2013, 01:12 PM
Travel to Mt Gambier? I'll be there! :lol:

That's not fair, we still have further to go. Keith, Kingston SE or Robe for half way :)

LeftyHoges
16th August 2013, 01:58 PM
That's not fair, we still have further to go. Keith, Kingston SE or Robe for half way :)

Fair point, yeah. Bordertown or Kingston is probably about halfway. :-)

Chris32
16th August 2013, 06:58 PM
Yep lady bay on the first should be fine

Hatchman
17th August 2013, 12:29 PM
Sunday the 1st @ Lady Bay good for me.

marcel
24th August 2013, 04:30 PM
won't know til next roster comes out

DaveK
24th August 2013, 04:48 PM
I'm keen. But it will be the same story as last time, i won't know for sure until the date is almost on top of us.
If the venue is still up for debate, i've been meaning to play Tea Tree Gully or Riverside for a while now. They would be my suggestions as they are fairly central.

catch22
27th August 2013, 07:20 PM
Bugger, will have to wait until next year for a hit - going on 5 weeks holidays 2nd week in December so not practical to go to Adelaide then back.
Hope you guys have a blast though!

Outcast
27th August 2013, 07:42 PM
I'm hoping to be down in Adelaide later in Dec (approx 22 - 27 Dec) visiting my parents. Subject to some Physio I'm undergoing at present, I'm hoping to be back playing and bringing my clubs with me.

I appreciate it's right on top of Christmas but, hoping I might be able to hookup for a game somewhere

Cheers

OC

nadg63
27th August 2013, 09:00 PM
I'm hoping to be down in Adelaide later in Dec (approx 22 - 27 Dec) visiting my parents. Subject to some Physio I'm undergoing at present, I'm hoping to be back playing and bringing my clubs with me.

I appreciate it's right on top of Christmas but, hoping I might be able to hookup for a game somewhere

Cheers

OC

Sure something can be arranged :-)

marcel
27th August 2013, 10:45 PM
OC,

put up a post closer to the time, I'm sure we'll be able to organise something

Chilled
28th August 2013, 01:12 PM

I appreciate it's right on top of Christmas but, hoping I might be able to hookup for a game somewhereI'm swapping clubs to Kooyonga next year, won't be in time for Dec unfortunately though.....but more than welcome to come out to Blackwood or The Vines etc. I'm sure we can rustle something together.

Outcast
4th September 2013, 03:17 PM
Thanks Guys,

much appreciated responses; will be in touch closer to the time

Regards

OC

Chilled
5th September 2013, 07:54 AM
I'm playing nadg's home club this saturday, stroke round too! Ouch.

nadg63
5th September 2013, 08:04 PM
I'm playing nadg's home club this saturday, stroke round too! Ouch.

Stroke - haha! :mrgreen:

Should be Stableford on Sunday!

Chilled
5th September 2013, 08:07 PM
Stroke - haha! :mrgreen:

Should be Stableford on Sunday!Not happy Jan....can't even get out of it by going to Blackwood or West Lakes....they are all playing stroke this saturday :( And I have a flag coming off!

nadg63
5th September 2013, 09:12 PM
Not happy Jan....can't even get out of it by going to Blackwood or West Lakes....they are all playing stroke this saturday :( And I have a flag coming off!

Still laughing here :mrgreen:

mrbluu
6th September 2013, 12:40 AM
Come on u SA boys fire up and get a good turn out and there will be a better chance of seeing the funniest of all the shanks...and OZgolf Day Shank!!!

nadg63
6th September 2013, 06:37 PM
Not happy Jan....can't even get out of it by going to Blackwood or West Lakes....they are all playing stroke this saturday :( And I have a flag coming off!

And they have been out coring/sanding the greens today for you :-)

Chilled
6th September 2013, 08:19 PM
And they have been out coring/sanding the greens today for you :-)

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it. And you're going in the comp too!

nadg63
10th September 2013, 08:08 PM
Haven't booked it yet but I guess the winner is Lady Bay!?